Browse › Tech ›Brakes, suspension and wheels

Springs, Bushings, Misc Suspension Upgrade Options

Started by Mr.200 · Aug 30, 2004 · 121postsInvision 2005–09SMF 2010–26

sam31183Apr 10, 2010, 3:29 am · #101

what brand are they? are they sold as s12 shocks?

ziggyApr 10, 2010, 3:50 am · #102

They are Monroe Gas Charged Shock Absorbers, i think for the front and Sensatrac Gas Charged stock replacement cartridge (I think for the back)  I just wrote the names for what they said on the box.  The guy at the parts store said they are S12 stock, so I'm guessing they are   I'm going to get my mechanic to put them on tomorrow.

sam31183Apr 10, 2010, 4:08 am · #103

yah....they sound like oem replacement...are you going to put them on with canuck springs? They might blow out with canuck springs...

ziggyApr 10, 2010, 4:13 am · #104

Yea I was going to put them on with the CM springs...

but he said once there less then 2 inches I should be fine, the CM sprinsg are 1.75 and 1.5, I hope they work

Wolf DilworthApr 11, 2010, 6:43 am · #105


"They are Monroe Gas Charged Shock Absorbers, i think for the front and Sensatrac Gas Charged stock replacement cartridge..."

Just my $0.02 worth here, but sensatrac's are garbage. I bought a set for an old pathfinder and it dove worse than with the blown stuff. Took it back and demanded they return my greenbacks.

"I'm going to get my mechanic to put them on tomorrow."

Hey Daddy Warbucks, that is like a two or three Corona job, basic tools and more greenbacks in your pocket for barley pops.

Wolf
ziggyApr 11, 2010, 8:23 pm · #106

RAELLY....well i duno my brother bought them   if they suck im going to make him pay!

what shocks do you have on your car?

my mechanic is my friend, so Im just giving him the sale, hes not goign to charge a lot anyway

Wolf DilworthApr 11, 2010, 10:49 pm · #107

"what shocks do you have on your car?"

"Ills" in back and stock up front w/ 20wt shock oil, uber stiff.

Wolf
sam31183Apr 11, 2010, 11:00 pm · #108

After having the kyb agx on my car for a couple of days...I am so happy with them...they have been so worth the money...

On another note I was talking to my brother about bumpsteer spacers/roll center adjusters today...and he said they would actually help me out some...and that if i could get the number to T3 if they didnt have them up on the site he could prolly just make them for me...I need to look around T3 for caster camber plates as it is because I guess his top hats come unthreaded...

ziggyApr 11, 2010, 11:15 pm · #109

You can just email the T3 guy, just say you want 200 sx RCA's.  I emailed him, but never ordered them yet.

PigpenJul 5, 2010, 8:31 am · #110

hmm ok i wanna lower my car about 2-3 inches, i wanna do coils in the front but dont know what to use in the back, i heard about megan racing making coils for front and back but cant lower it that much.
i would like to use coils for the front and back but cant find any for the rear, any help would be help full!
Thanks

sam31183Jul 5, 2010, 7:14 pm · #111

for the fronts to run s13 coil overs you have to replace everything to s13 parts from the lca out....or cut and weld the stock strut tubes. In the back you can just separate the coilover spring from the rear shock...check out jay's build thread and mod mastaz build thread. I went with the cm springs/mismatched shocks because it is cheaper...but I am not as low as i could be with a set of coilovers...

PigpenJul 6, 2010, 1:57 am · #112

k thanks!

Mr Amber ShadesMay 31, 2011, 7:53 pm · #113

Hows about a link to some of the kits you guys bought that we can use like 90% of?

I wanna replace as many as possible but dont wanna over buy or anything.

Wolf DilworthMay 31, 2011, 10:26 pm · #114

^^ Just go fishing in the "Handling Tech" section of the forum, it is all there...

EightySix200SXJun 1, 2011, 12:09 am · #115

PROTHANE Z31 KIT MAN. U WILL HAVE LEFTOVERS BUT THEY WORK... THAT IS ALL NO MORE QUESTIONS?

ka-tgazelleJun 6, 2011, 11:18 pm · #116

Soo I know this thread was started a while back but the gas-a-just are MUCH cheaper on ebay and are legit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KYB-KG5559-Shock-Strut-Gas-a-Just-Monotube-Rear-Ford-/390318952248?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae0d28f38

EightySix200SXJun 7, 2011, 1:10 am · #117

ugggh! gas adjust will blow with heavy rates spend the money and buy agx or better

ka-tgazelleJun 7, 2011, 12:59 pm · #118

im rocking cut 300zx ones for now  so il be fine trust me  when i say they are better than what i had
vw

Mr Amber ShadesJun 7, 2011, 2:56 pm · #119
EightySix200SX on 12:09:27 AM / 01-Jun-11
PROTHANE Z31 KIT MAN. U WILL HAVE LEFTOVERS BUT THEY WORK... THAT IS ALL NO MORE QUESTIONS?

Hahaha thats what I wanted to hear.  There was just so many different things tossed around in the how to about parts and old links to over priced sites.  Thanks
Gomesf1Jun 7, 2011, 3:43 pm · #120

where can i get this prothane kit?

DirtyGazeJun 7, 2011, 4:25 pm · #121

this is where I got mine
http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/PSDC06A/23-4100ZX

Just finished installing all of the rear end parts last night.  Only modification needed was grinding down sway bar bushings a little.  (I used MMR subframe bushings so no idea there)