Browse › Engines ›VG30E

Front Mount Turbo Project

Started by BoostedVG · Dec 11, 2007 · 65postsSMF 2010–26

BoostedVGSep 16, 2009, 10:39 pm · #51
firefoxwhat else is needed to make it run?
wastegate and fuel rails and 2 or 3 cases of beer...
MaxpowSep 17, 2009, 7:52 am · #52

Love the turbo setup. It is an inspiration. I need to get crackin on my VG.

BoostedVGSep 29, 2009, 1:31 pm · #53

Well I drank at least 2 cases of beer and still not done yet. I have a very sweet set of fuel rails on their way though. My friend machined out the injector holes, hold down bracket, and male weld bungs. I hope to have them welded up tonight.

BoostedVGOct 15, 2009, 2:04 pm · #54
BoostedVGWell I drank at least 2 cases of beer and still not done yet. I have a very sweet set of fuel rails on their way though. My friend machined out the injector holes, hold down bracket, and male weld bungs. I hope to have them welded up tonight.
Well its time for an update... I focked up one of my rails and luckily Bart to the rescue... It seems I'm going to have a good amount of his name on my car. Its nice to finally be able to just buy something and bolt it on and not have an overpriced tag attached to it. I hope he makes some stickers with the potato on the connecting rod cause I'd sport it.
JordanNov 10, 2009, 7:50 pm · #55

This is my favorite VG turbo build, It seems to be very effective. Great work!

The best thing about it is if you blow up your engine you can easily drop another one in without it costing you an arm and a leg.

BoostedVGNov 26, 2009, 4:44 pm · #56

The best thing about it is if you blow up your engine you can easily drop another one in without it costing you an arm and a leg.

I might be short a testicle by the time its all finished. The list just keeps growing. I was installing new cams and JMT valve springs and found intake valve on cyl 1 leaks. I need to pull the head to get a better look.

BoostedVGApr 28, 2010, 2:43 pm · #57

Its been awhile and time for an update. I finished my heads and almost have all the cash for the rods/pistons. I'd have them now but I have to buy some things over again like a fuel pressure regulator and fuel injectors because Bart wont return mine. I had to pay someone else to make me caliper brackets so i may actually install the brake kit. Anyways more info and pictures to follow soon. Its gonna be grand this time I have the comments that front mounts are fail and i want the number 2 spot on the club quarter mile list driving me!

PraizewoodApr 28, 2010, 4:04 pm · #58
BoostedVGIts been awhile and time for an update. I finished my heads and almost have all the cash for the rods/pistons. I'd have them now but I have to buy some things over again like a fuel pressure regulator and fuel injectors because Bart wont return mine. I had to pay someone else to make me caliper brackets so i may actually install the brake kit. Anyways more info and pictures to follow soon. Its gonna be grand this time I have the comments that front mounts are fail and i want the number 2 spot on the club quarter mile list driving me!
Pray to Colin not drag racing his  J/k you gotta know to race so if you have had any experience Im sure with the power you will be no. 2 on the club quarter mile list. About the Bart thing well seems nothing left to do..
falkhenApr 28, 2010, 4:43 pm · #59

wow... that exhaust...hmmm

I Could not run such a path on my "12" is way to close to the ground.
Crossing under the transmission X-member would not be possible.

BoostedVGApr 29, 2010, 12:39 am · #60

I've learned how to abuse a 5 speed and get a good launch... The number 2 spot wont be easy but I can taste it. And response to the exhaust... I hope I don't run into clearance problems.. I even cut the bottom of the crossmember away to get more.
BoostedVGJun 19, 2010, 12:48 am · #61

I got a package in the mail from Bart today. I have fuel rails and cam pulleys. Maybe the only ones in existence!?

MaxpowJun 19, 2010, 4:20 am · #62
BoostedVGI got a package in the mail from Bart today. I have fuel rails and cam pulleys. Maybe the only ones in existence!?


Wow... Coming out of the wood-works.
BoostedVGOct 31, 2010, 3:56 pm · #63

After letting this project sit for which seems like forever I finally got my mojo back! I went to install the fuel rails and found they were not quite finished... My buddy Jim is finishing them for me as we speak. I also have my heads almost done. I just need to choose my cam. Then its time to sort out the pile of bolts and figure out where they all go. posted image

MaxpowOct 31, 2010, 5:32 pm · #64

ooooh fun. I had to do that.

Navy_Mech2Oct 31, 2010, 5:47 pm · #65

looks like a nightmare lol


Post Merge: 05:47:34 PM / 31-Oct-10