Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Jordan's Garage- 1986 Notch Se, Vg30, 5-lug,

Started by Jordan · Jun 20, 2009 · 108postsSMF 2010–26

turbo-s12Jul 28, 2010, 6:47 am · #101

This is a good option for a spoiler or watever u wanna call it I don't care..
http://www.google.com/m/search?site=images...a%20spoiler#p=0 (http://www.google.com/m/search?site=images&source=mog&gl=us&q=89%20maxima%20spoiler#p=0)

JordanJul 28, 2010, 5:45 pm · #102

Find me a "duck wing" and I'll consider it. Last time I checked those don't show up too often at the parts yard. I think I might have to put a "Budget Build" disclaimer up. Hell, I'll be lucky if I can afford to get the notch legal by the end of summer.

JordanJul 29, 2010, 7:53 pm · #103

Two more months till I'm free of emissions requirements.... and counting.

JordanNov 10, 2010, 9:32 pm · #104

Its time to get my S12 build going again. I have decided to go NA power for now due to my limited income and am looking for build suggestions.

I have at my disposal:

1-VG30e block
1-VG30e complete engine from a Maxima
1-VG33e complete minus exhaust manifolds and dizzy from a Pathfinder (I will be working Pathy intake fitment if possible.)

The car is currently running but my fuel rail needs to be replaced. Luckily there are some parts around the forum to fix that when funds allow. My exhaust needs to be finished as well as it ends at the Y-pipe. I am going for reliability/budget friendly more than anything right now so please keep that in mind with your sugestions. I am also planning on keeping A/C if at all possible.

Current needs list:
-Positive battery cable
-new fuel rail or switch to Pathfinder intake and injectors
-KA24de throttle body
-Electric fan setup

JordanNov 17, 2010, 9:12 pm · #105

Hummm, 86 300zx down at the local Pull & Save. If I make some cash Im going to go steal the MAF and ECU.

JordanAug 4, 2011, 2:35 am · #106

So I thought a ticking noise I was hearing was my half shafts starting to wear... Nope! Just my driveline slowly coming apart on me where it bolts to the differential. Not sure why they where so lose but luckily I pulled over right when it came loose. I escaped with only a dented exhaust and heat shield. I'm planning on picking up four new bolts tomorrow with lock washers to make sure it doesn't happen again.

JordanAug 15, 2011, 6:41 pm · #107

Working on brake issues in the rear right now. My drivers side rear brakes are toast after two months. Not good.

posted image

posted image

Debating possible wheels:
http://www.wheelsnext.com/preview-wheels-on-my-car/FE28623E-3048-6202-02FDB9BDA0C8306F.html
This is my current top 5.

JordanFeb 11, 2012, 3:44 pm · #108

Walk around video:



Interior video: