Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

-=<BLUE THUNDER>=-

Started by Arro · Jul 19, 2009 · 64postsSMF 2010–26

vg30e_x2_200sxJan 15, 2012, 7:10 pm · #51

Jason is that the car I drove when I was down there?

ProlowtoneJan 15, 2012, 7:24 pm · #52

That seriously blows. If it was a darker silver and a Truer dark blue it would look pretty good IMO... Hope you get it fixed and that the other guy gets his car back :S

sideways_s12Jan 15, 2012, 9:06 pm · #53
Arro on 12:59:45 PM / 15-Jan-12
That's how RS-X Mark I two-tone paint looks... over the wheel arches. I just wish the dick who painted the car had followed the actual arch better. The right angle shows the reflection and how far off from the crease he actually is :(

I'm actually not all that thrilled about the color. It's more purplish blue in some sunlight angles. Previously the car was more dark metallic blue. Mind you, I gave the paint shop the paint code right off of the VIN plate. I think they got the mixture wrong in the computer program, actually... because I went back to get a bit more and I got more of exactly the same as the first gallon. And when you open the doors, pop the hood, or remove rear panels, it doesn't look like that at all. There's no purplish tint, just dark blue metallic. I think if I repaint it in part I will make sure I get dark metallic blue and lose the purplish tint.

The silver was also supposed to be pewter from an 86 Mark I... the turbo bulge was pewter original paint before it was repainted, and now it's more bright silver. Basically, the paint shop I went to has shitty computer mixtures for "factory" paint codes. Next time I will go elsewhere and will test spray something... so if it's wrong, I will ask for them to replace it or give me my money back.

Post Merge: 11:09:18 AM / 15-Jan-12

I just went outside... looked again at it all. They DID give me the wrong damn paint for BOTH colors. Even on an overcast day the blue paint under the carpet is NOTHING like the new blue paint, and the underside of the hood bulge still has the original pewter, and it looks a LOT darker than the "pewter" they sold me that's on the bottom half of the car and the top of the bulge.

FAWK.

Screwed by the painter. Screwed by the paint shop. :facepalm:

Like I said before... as a concept, I like the idea of the two-tone... but it was poorly executed, and now I realize that it was poorly supplied paintwise, too :(

FAWK.


Ahh ok I see what happened now that fuckin sucks I'd raise all kinds of hell lol....I want to repaint my black car but the color I want the whole would need to be repainted so I might just have it resprayed black and call it good i'm not sure yet.....
Johnny_boiJan 15, 2012, 11:14 pm · #54

it looks good in the pics. but it good you dont have to fix the whole thing, like you said

EightySix200SXJan 16, 2012, 9:16 pm · #55

THE FUCKING THRONE LIVES DAMN YO!!!! THE KONIGS SUIT THE CAR WELL. NICE!

seishukuJan 16, 2012, 9:36 pm · #56
Arro on 03:28:58 PM / 15-Jan-12
Maybe not, but judging from what a crappy job this asshole did, I could have done at least this good, probably better because I would have taken the time to prep it properly and lay down coats carefully.

Which, come summertime, may very well be what I end up doing.
Summer time? Come on man, you guys have 60+ mid day temps now!
That's warm enough for paint!
;)

Hopefully you'll figure out something, it doesn't look too bad in the pic, but I'm sure it looks worse the closer you get.
I'm hoping to get my paint fixed up and actually clear the whole car for a change, and have an actual shine. :lol:
ArroJan 20, 2012, 2:49 pm · #57

Took out the throne, and put back in the matching factory seat (thanks again, Justin) along with the rear seats. Did lots and lots of scrubbing with interior fabric cleaner, turned out well. Too bad the years of exposure to the California sun have turned them from blue to purple :(

posted image

Still, it looks cleaner. Put a tonneau cover back in the hatch area, too. Next I'll repair the vinyl on the door panels and backseat areas.

IggyEGuanaJan 20, 2012, 3:29 pm · #58
Arro on 02:49:30 PM / 20-Jan-12
Too bad the years of exposure to the California sun have turned them from blue to purple :(

match the paint!!
rednucleusJan 20, 2012, 3:35 pm · #59

How do you repair the door vinyl? Both of mine plus the back seat vinyl needs it. Thought my only fix was replacement panels.

ArroJan 20, 2012, 4:15 pm · #60
http://www.club-s12.org/v2/faq/general/vinyl.html
rednucleusJan 20, 2012, 5:02 pm · #61

Thanks for not slapping me Arro; totally missed this in my searches.  Mine also has some pretty significant defects in the foam itself - how do you handle that?

ArroJan 20, 2012, 5:05 pm · #62

The how to goes into that I thought. Foam refurbishing.

rednucleusJan 20, 2012, 7:38 pm · #63

OK, I'll read some more, thanks again for pointing me to the write up.

ArroFeb 24, 2012, 7:31 pm · #64

Yo quiero un B&M por el S13 :/