I think he was comparing the HID's to the Corolla. :o)
Browse › Tech ›Visual mods and audio
Headlight Options
On dirt and adventure bikes we run 3-4000k because you can see the potholes and dips in the road better than with thhe pure white version.
Yeah, the "Pure Whites" still have a ton of Blue spectrum light, the human eye has a hard time registering at that end of the spectrum. 3-4K mimics daylight levels of yellow (middle of the spectrum) better.
I haven't seen this mentioned yet! Before you complain about your lighting and then go spend $100 or more. Check your voltage at the headlight while its running and compare it to your batt voltage. I've seen a ton of vehicles (more often than not) with significant loss, like 11-12 volts, it should be between 13.5 & 14. If its less than 13 while the engine is running, try doing a relay setup to run power direct from a batt source. Even HIDs will have significant improvement with clean full power!
Are factory S13 lights combination or are they essentially the same as S12 ? I need to move the side/cornerlight into the pop-up to make othjer modifcations work.
i am bummed out because i cant find those pilot lights in finland :|
Post Merge
a user named tellu uses head lights of a 89 mitsubishi galant
you can find the car at dnfs.org
Order them from EBay.
Side note, I am removing all "custom light" posts into a separate thread. This is about off-the-shelf options, not hack-ups, however good (or bad). I only mention them in the OP so you know what you'd be up against.
Wow the sleepy mod is that easy on here. Awesome!
Great info here thanks!
ive seen some one due a dual head light converision like the nissan 240sx kit they look sick on a s12
Post Merge
of cours some modd might be needed lol but looks sick
You mean where they remove the sealed beam and add brackes to.use two smaller lights??
No, sleepy-eyes is where the headlight stays slightly open.

does anyone have info or a build thread on this fixed headlight conversion??? im going to try it, but a confirmed list of parts would be awesome!
Oh shit its the toad conversion...there's a write up somewhere on it. But if its not done perfect it'll look horrible
I think it looks allright at best.
I prefer the silhouette headlight style with the headlight cover used as a lens.
best is still the stock headlight look in my opinion.. it just suck for the added weight and the bunch of relay needed.
great write up! I'm eventually gonna do Silhouette style HIDs
I got one for you guys. someone said camero. but what about 93 buick cutlass supreme and 93 pontiac grand prix. When my buddy had a s12 over 10 years ago(Pre clubs12 crash). we pulled pontiac grand prix headlights and houseing's from a junkyard with high hopes of installing them onto the s12. AND the small corner lights fit. it works like a charm. It blew my mind and i haven't seen anyone doing this mod. the grand prix/cutlass supreme brackets have those two bubble level's also. so you can get them adjusted perfect after install.
like, just try this out one day at junkyard. i swear the grand prix bracket bolts onto the s12. the plastic bezel was kinda a problem so we just zip tied them down. haha. i figured the cutlass would fit better beacusae of the squared comprared to the gran prix has rounded bezel. we ended up going grand prix instead of cutlass.
I have no pictures of the mod or the car my buddy owned. its long gone. so if someone can pull this off again and post some pictures that be fucking awesome. please, please. someone try this and post it on clubs12 for everyone to know. with lots of info and pictures.