Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Project: Resurrection.

Started by sideways_s12 · Feb 22, 2010 · 676postsSMF 2010–26

sideways_s12Jul 20, 2022, 1:27 pm · #651

They're coming just dealing with life right now...

sideways_s12Jan 18, 2023, 3:16 pm · #652

Ok so I'm about a week or so away from bringing my beast home got the garage all cleaned up gotta move a few things around but for the most part there's room for her. First thing I'm doing is pulling the wheels and throwing her on stands as I look for front suspension stuff. I'm going to be running an LS. But I want to get the suspension set-up and wheels and tires before I dive into a motor build. Probably gonna run a 5.3 with a nice cam and some nice equal length headers and tune and see how she does. I eventually want to go turbo but we'll see how I feel after the n/a set up.
Post Merge


The plan is to build a hoon car. A streetable drag/drift all around fuckery vehicle. But still be able to drive it to work or the grocery store….
George LambadasJan 20, 2023, 6:37 am · #653

I can't wait to see how your build progresses! Have you made the decision on drive-by-wire or cable throttle? I'm looking forward to seeing how you run the exhaust line(s).

sideways_s12Jan 20, 2023, 2:32 pm · #654

I haven't decided yet like I said the motor is going to be the last thing I want to get the suspension situated first
Post Merge


Oh and brakes lol no good making the car fast if I can't stop
sideways_s12Jan 24, 2023, 8:18 pm · #655

She is finally home after sitting for 8 years she is finally back in my possession. I have a lot of work ahead of me. If you have IG (Instagram) go add my s12 page. Project_Phoenix_s12 I'm about to get down and dirty.  Gonna clean her out to start she's filthy. Then make a list of stuff I need… I'm just gonna start chipping away at it. I don't know when she'll be running hopefully within a year provided funds are good.
Post Merge


All pics will be posted on my IG…
sideways_s12Jan 28, 2023, 12:51 pm · #656

Wondering if I should go 5 lug I think 5 Lug has more wheel options.. I'm just obviously not at that point yet just have ideas rolling around in my head….

MaxFeb 2, 2023, 3:39 pm · #657

I'd recommend against 5 lug. It was very hard to find a 5x114.3 wheel that is low enough offset for the S12, and it's in a goofy 16" diameter. As you know I went with Rota Grid V's, and there's not many wheels that low of offset... in fact I can't think of a single other wheel that isn't a steel wheel. If you have S13 suspension you might get more clearance in the front, and then maybe you can deal with a higher offset wheel. I used to think rears have a lot more room but at the ride height I'm at, I had to roll the crap out of the fenders and I still seem to be rubbing tire. The fenders are rolled a lot more than I would want to do on a street car. My effective offsets (because I have spacers front and rear) are +10 front, +15 rear. Still rubbing the outer fender in the rear, but without the 5mm spacer I'd rub the inner wheel well.

4 Lug wheel choices seem much better these days compared to 10-15 years ago.

sideways_s12Feb 6, 2023, 12:37 pm · #658

That makes sense I'm gonna need something a little wide out back just because of the power I'm gonna eventually make..

sideways_s12Feb 12, 2023, 8:32 pm · #659

Little bit of progress moved the 12 away from the wall so I can get to all 4 corners. Put it up on jack stands and pulled the front wheels off. The rears will come off as soon as I get another set of stands…

sideways_s12Feb 20, 2023, 5:13 pm · #660

Ordered my first part yesterday it's a brake master. Lol nothing big but it's a start. Any one remember the name of the company for the polyurethane bushings and what car model I need to use on the s12? I think it was the z31 kit. Also looking to find an LS engine mount kit.

weitrhinoFeb 21, 2023, 11:09 am · #661

Z31 bushings but the flange must be cut down to 10mm according to the notes I took when I first ran across the info.

rednucleusFeb 21, 2023, 4:48 pm · #662

Could it be Experimental Engineering??

sideways_s12Feb 22, 2023, 10:51 am · #663

Thanks guys! Also found a major score at my local junkyard a fairly clean notch with a relatively clean dash so now I have a dash for my car I'll need to paint it or dye it whatever works it's blue but I'm gonna paint it black

weitrhinoFeb 22, 2023, 11:07 am · #664

Any chance that "fairly clean notch" had trunk carpet and right side trunk panel in good clean shape?

kelso840Feb 22, 2023, 6:26 pm · #665

Or a replacement voice "repeat/off" button by the handbrake?

sideways_s12Feb 23, 2023, 12:37 pm · #666

Negative to both sir..

sideways_s12Feb 25, 2023, 6:15 pm · #667

S13 knuckles acquired for the s13 front suspension I still need s13 coilovers and s13 ball joints. Was thinking of going with s13 lcas but was told the s12s would work fine if I swap ball joints.

sideways_s12Mar 8, 2023, 5:58 pm · #668

Acquired the s13 lca's today. Slowly making progress on getting parts. Ran into an issue removing the old struts. The center nut in the strut towers just spins on the tokico adjustable screw at the top so the nut won't come off. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix that?

rednucleusMar 9, 2023, 10:54 am · #669

Going to use the old strut? May could weld a bar to top that you can grab with a vice grip to hold in place?

sideways_s12Mar 9, 2023, 1:10 pm · #670
rednucleus on 10:54:13 AM / 09-Mar-23
Going to use the old strut? May could weld a bar to top that you can grab with a vice grip to hold in place?

No I'm not reusing it I'm doing the s13 front conversion..
sideways_s12Mar 13, 2023, 11:26 am · #671

I have acquired s13 LCAs I need to find some budget coil overs and s13 tierods and I can get this shit put together and get the car back on the ground.

sideways_s12Apr 6, 2023, 12:56 pm · #672

I have just taken delivery of a 50k mile LS6 from a 2004 CTS-V oh the 12 is about to be Rowdy as fuck!

sideways_s12Apr 24, 2023, 3:32 pm · #673

Finding front s13 suspension stuff is hard nowadays lol wtf trying to find a whole s13 set up that I can use but nobody seems to have to the stock stuff smh. So not much progress being made on that front.

George LambadasApr 25, 2023, 6:20 am · #674

I'm noticing the same! There are a few people i've spoken to for s13 parts throughout my SR install, and i just hit them up any time i need something. If they don't have it, they usually know someone who does.
You would think the OEM S13 suspension would come a dime a dozen with all the angle kits people install on them

sideways_s12May 3, 2023, 3:55 pm · #675

Yeah that was my hope that someone would part with the oem shit to upgrade…

sideways_s12May 29, 2023, 3:36 pm · #676

Still here picked up a couple of parts for the suspension swap I think all I need now it he coilovers set? Which costs money so it'll be a min for that lol