Browse › Community ›Announcements

2011 Club Calendar Submissions Are Open

Started by Arro · May 1, 2010 · 80postsSMF 2010–26

AthensJun 19, 2011, 4:04 pm · #51

just use all the current submissions for 2012 and open submissions for that. Then we could probably get that one out on time if people submitted. I want to but my paint is just too bad with all the clearcoat peeling. Maybe from the right angle I could cover it up.

IggyEGuanaJun 19, 2011, 4:31 pm · #52

+1 for 2012 and athens the clearcoat peeling wont show as bad in pics as it does in person

RoofJun 19, 2011, 7:33 pm · #53

I wanna be in the calander!  How's this >.>
http://www.thecreamlife.com/start/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/IMG_9301.jpg

DjayS12Jun 20, 2011, 11:39 am · #54

I think that accepting artistic shots could be cool, no matter what is the state of the S12. A nice shot of a rusted S12 in a field with a nice light play could be cool! That will make some pictures stand out from the rest.

ArroJun 20, 2011, 11:06 pm · #55

Like I said before... if I have covers ready, printing sorted out, but not enough pics to use, it is indeed the owners of the cars to blame. Maybe some of them who would want to send pics have good reasons why they can't, or maybe it's just laziness or (in the case of one or two of them) an issue of spite... except that the reasons aren't what I emphasized. If we don't accept that the responsibility for procuring useable photos is squarely on the shoulders of the owners (of which I too am an owner), then how the heck are we ever going to produce another calendar again?

I think that is a pretty reasonable assertion. Lemme ask this of the rest of you: Do you disagree with that?

MaxpowJun 21, 2011, 5:24 am · #56

Arro, you should have just printed a calender with the pictures you had gotten. I absolutely agree. You hold out every year and its always too late.

Edited for you darling.

ArroJun 21, 2011, 1:08 pm · #57

Andrew, you don't understand, which isn't your fault; if I get a low-resolution picture, I can't use it. It's not like viewing it on your screen, it has to be 4MP and up. I just didn't get nearly enough pics like that. I tried to get some people to reshoot with actual cameras instead of cellphones, but it didn't happen :/ Again... no pics, no calendar.

I didn't hold out, I announced open submission early last year, same with the year before. People didn't start sending me stuff until late summer and fall, some not until December. Like I said before, I can't travel the world and take the pics myself.

zastabaJun 21, 2011, 1:14 pm · #58
Arro on 01:08:47 PM / 21-Jun-11...I can't travel the world and take the pics myself.

Why not? I got a couch for you to sleep on!! ;0P
EightySix200SXJun 21, 2011, 2:49 pm · #59

wanna know the reasons i didnt submit my car........

1. NOTCHES MOTOR WAS BLOWN, I HAD NO DAILY DRIVER AS I SPUN A ROD BEARING ON MY 300ZX AS WELL AND TAKING THE EASIER OF THE TWO I RE-SWAPPED MY S12 INSTEAD OF DICKING WITH A VG30DE IN A CRAMPED BAY SO I COULD DAILY IT INSTEAD OF TAKING PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION DAILY.

2. IVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR WORK (WHICH I HAVE FOUND AS OF NOW) SO A CALENDER SHOOT AND EVEN PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE CAR WERE LAST ON MY AGENDA.

3. [NOT REALLY A REASON] BUT TOTALLY NOT MY FAULT THAT OTHER PEOPLE SUBMITTED SHITTY PICTURES THAT'S ON THEM, ONE CAR DOESN'T MAKE OR BREAK THE CALENDER SO ID HOPE. THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER COOLER CARS OUT THERE THAN MINE. NO ONE SAID ID NEVER SUBMIT PICTURES IVE JUST BEEN BUSY AND RARELY HAVE TIME TO GO ONLINE ANYMORE. LET ALONE DRIVE TO LOCATIONS AND TAKE PICS I WORK 5-6 DAYS A WEEK AND MY SCHEDULE VARIES

ArroJun 21, 2011, 3:28 pm · #60

well this is why I said you may or may not have good reasons. All that makes sense.

One car can't break the calendar, but I only got *half-hour what I needed.

So can we put your car in?

Humorous edit: I thought the sticky cap lock key was on your old work computer? lol

sunny1600Jun 22, 2011, 1:00 pm · #61

I just stumbled upon this thread. Im not that active on C-S12 but a nice calender full of S12's sound nice.

However a side note.
Arro I read your comments and I find them not worthy of an admin or moderator. You should give the right example as you are one of the faces of C-S12. If I'm right it is not allowed to post offensive comments regardless of past history. Or is it normal to post this type of comments in the USA?

CamInHeadJun 22, 2011, 1:42 pm · #62
Arro on 02:10:11 PM / 20-Jun-11
... I know some people had shipping problems overseas, and a couple of you may never have received yours due to getting lost in international post (those of you who brought this to our attention did get resent calendars or refunded), but I did alot of work and at my expense.


Actually I recieved neither, now you mention it.....
ArroJun 22, 2011, 7:34 pm · #63

no, it's not normal, and you are correct, I shouldn't let one person piss me off... there is just so much garbage that has happened in the past year with people who I showed extreme patience with, it just gets to me sometimes. I've put a LOT of work into this place over the last four years, and it can be stressful when the same people seem determined to see me fail with this.

I've cleaned up the nonsense posts including my own, because you are indeed correct. I have however left my more sensible thoughts on this, because I still believe that there can be no calendars without car owner participation.

Caminhead, you never got one? Which year was this for?

sunny1600Jun 23, 2011, 3:39 am · #64

Ok good to know.

However I dont know about the situation (not the Jersey Shore one LOL) but couldnt you straighten things out then? Give that person a call or whatever. We are all fans and all trying to represent the S12's.

About the calender.
I will help you to get things going for the 2012 calender. I dont think it is wise to start a 2011 calender just to have one. They year is half gone.

I cant believe it is impossible to get 12 cars to feature the calender? I read your quotes and toughts about this and therefor the members of C-S12 should do the following thing. Take out your digital camera's and make some nice shots of your car. Submit your best to Arro in FULL resolution so not just a small photobucket picture.

If you have the pictures in October you will have enough time to get the Calenders made and distributed to the members that want to buy one I guess. That way everybody should have one before the start of 2012.

Don't look back, look forward. Thats the way the S12 lifestyle should be.

CamInHeadJun 23, 2011, 1:13 pm · #65
Arro on 07:34:46 PM / 22-Jun-11
Caminhead, you never got one? Which year was this for?

Maybe '09. I can't recall and nolonger have the PMs.
ArroJun 24, 2011, 2:28 am · #66

Caminhead, I keep all my old info, let me look into it and I will contact you privately.

KeithJun 28, 2011, 10:02 am · #67
Arro on 09:23:50 AM / 19-Jun-11the calendar idea got suckerpunched when people with nice cars failed to participate;

Soooo are past entries now allowed to par-take?  The last time I tried to submit I was told I couldn't
ArroJun 28, 2011, 1:24 pm · #68

You gotta have two calendars between your first entry. Since there isn't gonna be a 2011, I have to think about that. You can help me decide by sending me something lol

silvertonJun 28, 2011, 3:50 pm · #69

If there is an issue with people submitting pictures, should we really be that picky about the people that DO submit stuff as long as it's a different picture than the prior year?

KeithJun 29, 2011, 12:42 am · #70

bingo

ArroJun 29, 2011, 2:07 am · #71

Im not ruling it out. My biggest issue this time was not getting HIGH resolution images, and the second issue was getting just poor photography with terrible lighting. I had about six or seven good pics tho.

MaxpowJun 29, 2011, 12:41 pm · #72
sunny1600 on 01:00:14 PM / 22-Jun-11Arro I read your comments and I find them not worthy of an admin or moderator. You should give the right example as you are one of the faces of C-S12. If I'm right it is not allowed to post offensive comments regardless of past history. Or is it normal to post this type of comments in the USA?

Someone with balls. Finally!

Arro why don't you have a troll account to fight colin with, it makes the board look pretty pathetic when you are being the forum Hitler wielding absolute power. The feud with s12sil is so lollersnaps as well.

silverton on 03:50:41 PM / 28-Jun-11If there is an issue with people submitting pictures, should we really be that picky about the people that DO submit stuff as long as it's a different picture than the prior year?

Great point.

I think all the rules regarding photos is silly considering we always are 6-7 months late or like this year gets scrapped. :(.

Jason, let me buy cs12 from you.

ArroJun 29, 2011, 1:19 pm · #73

Andrew, there is no feud with S12silvia, Matt and I saw to that.  The only people who have called Ben or I nazis are people who got busted for shit (even you), and as far as Colin goes, he shouldn't be causing me any grief from now on.

As far as things "always" being late... it pisses me off when some of you say that, because you obviously are clueless. But then I think for a moment more, and excuse your ignorance, because of course you have no clue what gets sent to me for submissions... even if I were to tell you or show you, the larger picture would still elude you, because you aren't really faced with the task of getting it done.

Before I did the first one, I looked at a successful one on another site to see when they had opened submissions each year. October was when they did it, and they always had an abundance of submissions.  So that's when I opened ours. But submissions trickled in slowly... and come December, we were waiting still. By late December, we finally got some summer and springtime shots (wow... just plain... wow). Most of the email and PM conversations were about "I haven't had the chance to..." or, "I'll see what I can do..." so there it was. Or wasn't.

Year #2, I opened up submissions even earlier. Same thing happened. Last year, same thing. I CAN'T GO OUT AND TAKE PICS OF 12 MONTHS OF S12'S MYSELF. If anyone fails to understand this, then they aren't really sympathetic to the goal anyways, and just want to stir up drama. Which is what pissed me off about what Colin first said. He disregarded the facts because it suited him to, and what makes it worse is he helped with the first one and knows how late some of the better shots came. Basically he was the troll, hiding bullshit in polite words. My mistake was to bother to respond. Regardless, if people don't give us good, useable pictures in a high resolution, there can be no calendar.

Instead of offering to buy the club, how about doing something for it, and helping us get better photos for the calendar. In other words, start supporting C-S12 in a useful way.

MaxpowJun 29, 2011, 1:44 pm · #74

I supported CS12 in a useful way by offering shit loads of cheap parts.

I just don't like how you talk shit to people on your own forum. Its not like anyone is going to stand up to you. Just think about it.

silvertonJun 29, 2011, 1:46 pm · #75

I'm not trying to stir up drama or anything, as I will probably be trying to take some pictures of my car for the calender.  I think our problem is is that there are not many calender worthy s12's left in the world.  It's just an 80s econobox that most people used to drive to the store, daily beater, what have you.

I understand issues with photo resolution, lighting, overall quality of the picture for a calender... but if someone had their car in the prior calender, I believe those submissions should be used as a fall back to "fill in" the lack of NEW submissions.

ArroJun 29, 2011, 1:59 pm · #76

I've only jumped one person in particular, and only over the last year or so, because of all the backstabbing. And that won't be an issue anymore. Anyone else before that was disruptive and got banned by vote of the whole team..

Things should return to normal now.

86foreverJun 29, 2011, 3:50 pm · #77

THE next time i see any s12 on the street i am going to stop and take pic of it! i dont care if the person is ready to run me over but at lease i got a pic of it :)

MaxpowJun 29, 2011, 4:48 pm · #78

I love taking random shots of s12's on the street.

ArroJun 29, 2011, 8:56 pm · #79

I've taken a few lol but that doesn't count.

d_k_jose_s12Oct 17, 2012, 8:24 pm · #80

hey guys are we having a 2013 calendar this year?????????