Ouch. I seen that, You ever get something to work? Ill keep my eye out for one of the little bastards for you.
*EDIT My Napa rep got me another gasket :) This one is a solid piece instead of that stupid metal part for the large oil jacket :)
Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects
Lost Attraction
nope my 200 is now a money pit that i cant even drive
shit. And you cant put some JB weld or some PC Metal putty from Rona around the pipe to seal it? I know its ghetto but it works, i had to do that for a 4th gen prelude cause a friend didn't want to pay for the pipe when we rebuilt his motor
heith on 07:19:10 PM / 01-Apr-11nope my 200 is now a money pit that i cant even drivewelcome to the club, buddy
BattleFairy on 04:46:29 AM / 02-Apr-11welcome to the club, buddysame
lets have a party now
EDIT place is closed on weekends. Off to a different yard
I dono what might happen with my car. I dono if i am staying here or not. Im being to miss thought of around here and spoke how i felt. might load everything in my car and leave for Calgary with no license or money and see if i can make it
come down here to cali, its better
BC is was nicer than AB. stay in the province.
I would like to make a trip to Cali, But im nearing flat broke. I like BC but i have a free house and alot of high paying work in calgary. Not to mention i dont need to wait for may to enter the bar
time to work like a mexican to live like a white man
what
Prolowtone on 10:03:42 PM / 12-Apr-11I would like to make a trip to Cali, But im nearing flat broke. I like BC but i have a free house and alot of high paying work in calgary. Not to mention i dont need to wait for may to enter the barwhat do you do for work?
Im a welders helper in the oil patch, My dad is a pipe fitter and has his own company started. we live out of camp while working 24 days and come to my dads place for 4 days then leave again. No one is ever home cause we are almost always at work so Dad pays the neighbors daughter to come cut the grass and clean the house when she is not looking after her little girl. we own the house, no land line, never really use electricity so living is super cheep. Since my dad contracts his truck and equipment to whatever company he is doing the work and he is also getting paid for his work, he pulls in some good money. I make alot less then him and i bring home 11G before tax every 48 days or so
I have not worked since September and im still polishing off the money i made, still yet to cash in my tax return
i have my C level
i am temped to go back and get my b then pressure ticket and see what its like out there
Nice.
Thought i would throw up some pics of how the car sits right now
New one piece head gasket to go on
(http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9320/img0305no.jpg) (http://img132.imageshack.us/i/img0305no.jpg/)
(http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1548/img0309ee.jpg) (http://img828.imageshack.us/i/img0309ee.jpg/)
(http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9037/img0310cg.jpg) (http://img402.imageshack.us/i/img0310cg.jpg/)
(http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/1130/img0311w.jpg) (http://img856.imageshack.us/i/img0311w.jpg/)
(http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5484/img0312ud.jpg) (http://img689.imageshack.us/i/img0312ud.jpg/)
(http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1861/img0316rp.jpg) (http://img31.imageshack.us/i/img0316rp.jpg/)
My nice air freshener
(http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1929/img0315hb.jpg) (http://img34.imageshack.us/i/img0315hb.jpg/)
My dyed carpet held up pretty well for the fact the carpet was soaked from the bad heater core
(http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/108/img0322rr.jpg) (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/img0322rr.jpg/)
(http://img858.imageshack.us/img858/8515/img0323s.jpg) (http://img858.imageshack.us/i/img0323s.jpg/)
(http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/6667/img0329ps.jpg) (http://img710.imageshack.us/i/img0329ps.jpg/)
I thought there was cocaine or something hidden in there, but i got a free working lighter
(http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5696/img0334mx.jpg) (http://img824.imageshack.us/i/img0334mx.jpg/)
(http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2508/img0335he.jpg) (http://img822.imageshack.us/i/img0335he.jpg/)
I just found something i have wanted to see. Turbo hood on my color car, to bad it was not a hatch.. Might have been able to play a prank on my best friend
http://wangandrift.blogspot.com/2008/09/nissan-silvia-s12-spotted.html
Hehe a package arrived for me today from Santa, I knew i was good this year :P
(http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1930/img0404vo.jpg) (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/img0404vo.jpg/)
(http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/479/img0407fl.jpg) (http://img17.imageshack.us/i/img0407fl.jpg/)
Hmmm. Belgian style Mexican beer... This ott to be intresting
(http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8232/img0408lj.jpg) (http://img832.imageshack.us/i/img0408lj.jpg/)
Thats good shit Thanks Maxpow!
lol decided i wanted a plate on there today. Think the honey comb grill would look good in chrome to match the rest of the window trim?
(http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/4743/img0424g.jpg) (http://img845.imageshack.us/i/img0424g.jpg/)
(http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4241/img0477nt.jpg) (http://img156.imageshack.us/i/img0477nt.jpg/)
Dont think im going to use the MK2 center. This is just a crappy preview
buttoned up the ca20, just need to put oil in her and fire her up.
Glad the interior is out because i would not have seen the trans slide through the shifter hole when i put the car into 5th to tighten the crank pulley bolt
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150239115353993&saved
There First run with new water jacket and one piece head gasket and no exhaust gaskets lol. First start my key got stuck and i turned the car off
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150239267858993
I am DONE with the car for a few days. started off by fixing the spark plugs (Gaping them and cleaning them) car still runs rich, and sputters on accel. played with plug wires making sure they were connected, no progress. pulled all the wires out of the distributor to make sure they wee all in good,sputter on acell went away. fixed vacuum leaks, no progress. played with injector connectors and idle, again no progress. put a vacuum hose to my ear and searched some more, heater line blows up almost burning me. fixed the hose, checked timing again and then the rad cap fucking pops and starts screaming like a banshee
thats the s12 for ya! (or any old ass car lol)
my 69 chevy blazer, my friends 68 chev impala, numerous friends with ae 86's never had to do this shit. Its the damn shitty, worth less then its scrap weight hunk of crap ca20. I would not be surprised if the junk yard actually made me pay to take the thing and melt it for the fear of being infested with fail
14 month trial period sir, it sucks
I loath the ca20 with a passion now after lastnight, I only hated it before.
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/6111/ojw.mp4
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4407/u4v.mp4
hahaha wtf
Now it Decided to start to love me today. No more smoking or air leaks. Just need to put on 1 hose clamp on a water line and it is good to go :D
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2498/z78i.mp4
Sounds good :)
http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/6690/x31.mp4
What a long progressive 24 hours i had. Everything is done. stuff started working for me after alot of adjusting so i kept working but the only thing left to solve is my stupid tach.
Now to do a very detailed clean and go to aircare
(http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/7742/img0752j.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/859/img0752j.jpg/)
(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6056/img0749o.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/img0749o.jpg/)
(http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2751/img0761to.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/img0761to.jpg/)
(http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/962/img0760ii.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/img0760ii.jpg/)
(http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/9182/img0763jk.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/541/img0763jk.jpg/)
Post Merge: 10:22:31 PM / 06-May-11
Ok I tested everything i can think of, it all seams good. I dont know what what the voltage should be for all this shit so i guess i am out to buy a working tach :(
Like my setup lol
(http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4546/img0783t.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/219/img0783t.jpg/)
(http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/7365/img0784da.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/img0784da.jpg/)
(http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9515/img0793wm.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/img0793wm.jpg/)
Have gotten a bit done. I steam cleaned all of my interior, Looks so much better :) i was actually starting to like what i paid for my car until i was starting to steam clean around the engine bay and found that the plastic piece under the passenger wiper is screwed. since the wiper is spring loaded it pushes into the cracked part allowing the wiper to sit higher and grind away at the bottom of my hood :S i flipped it around so that the spring loaded pressure is pressing against the solid part. but i snapped one of the bolts that hold it in place... so i may need one
(http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/3324/img0929n.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/img0929n.jpg/)
(http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5218/img0930si.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/img0930si.jpg/)
Engine harness tuck and shined up a bit and it looks good
(http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/8927/img0931fb.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/813/img0931fb.jpg/)
(http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5610/img0941xo.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/img0941xo.jpg/)
(http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7798/img0936l.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/img0936l.jpg/)
So i had cleaned the interior but it never turned out good enough for me. so i broke out my steam cleaner and... oh baby it looks :thumbsup:
Before
(http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4643/img0806agn.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/img0806agn.jpg/)
(http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/919/img0798r.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/222/img0798r.jpg/)
(http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/3275/img0813g.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/860/img0813g.jpg/)
(http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8315/img0805ak.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/img0805ak.jpg/)
(http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3500/img0804l.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/img0804l.jpg/)
(http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/545/img0817p.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/img0817p.jpg/)
(http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1623/img0818fm.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/img0818fm.jpg/)
AFTER
First shot with the steam cleaner made it look like the car was rarely cleaned...
(http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/4967/img0808xi.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/img0808xi.jpg/)
(http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8650/img0809wc.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/714/img0809wc.jpg/)
(http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1769/img0810nb.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/img0810nb.jpg/)
(http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6430/img0826o.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/695/img0826o.jpg/)
(http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/8652/img0811k.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/864/img0811k.jpg/)
(http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9871/img0827z.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/img0827z.jpg/)
(http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/6931/img0907j.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/img0907j.jpg/)
Hey everyone im back :) Been too long. Been way to busy with other peoples drama, slaving on friends cars and a crash to boot (thats the second time being run off the road by a speeding white truck since September :hahanot:)
Car still needs a rear hub bearings, Wipers and a drivers inner tie rod end before i put it on the road.
Has not changed to much, just waxed it a couple of weeks ago as some of you already know.
(http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/5717/img1046s.jpg)
(http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4972/img1041bh.jpg)
(http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9118/img1039y.jpg)
(http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3600/img1038c.jpg)
(http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2756/img1036er.jpg)
Hope that i start to get more time to come on here and check out the builds
about time, i was wondering where the hell you were lol
Yeah i am still around, just got busy. Going to disappear for another month or 2 some time soon as i will be going back to the oil patch, ill be lucky to have internet.. But until then im going to try to knock out some more progress on my car
Post Merge: 07:58:08 PM / 27-Jun-11
Woot! Car is Aircared! Im putting up a pic of my sheet later :). Makes me happy after all that work.
its finally legal on the road? bout damn time man
I know i took awhile. But its DONE. Running very damn good too, still gutless but good
(http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/2682/img1286jx.jpg)
Damn, you sir have a super legit hatch. Love what that steam cleaner did to your interior!
Thanks! I love how clean it got to. Even smells better ^_^
damn man, pulled in some real nice numbers, when i took mine in for smog i BARELY passed haha, cars looking great senor, keep it up
Ha ha I see you have mismatched mk2 tail lights and mk1 licence trim. Just like mine at the moment! :(
Yeah. I want to get a center like this, but i am having some problems finding anything :reallysad:
(http://www1.garaget.org/archive/126/125457/244662/244662-2291505.jpg)
someone should be able to source you one of those, from what ive seen mkII's are failry common across the pond
You'll have to dig around Norway/Finland/Sweden, they seem to pop up more in those parts.
im looking into picking up a mk II soon, i would sell the center section to you
Where are these custom sig images available?
^Not a clue, I think make their own.
Its official! House is sold! I gots some money coming (GOING TO BUY ME A WELDER) Also got off my ass and i am sending out my tax return papers. Think i might drive to Canuck Motorsports to see about some suspension parts. as they are only 9km from me. 32-13290 78th Ave, Surrey.
And work is starting on the CADET
Lots of cleaning and its looking nice, Cams were discolored and dirty
(http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/6229/img1324g.jpg)
(http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7991/img1327b.jpg)
Post Merge: [time]01:53:09 AM / 07-Jul-11 [/time]
HEAD LIGHT STALK REBUILD IS SUCCESSFUL! Now everything works instantly when i want it to! Maybe i should offer this service :)
I had to jiggle around my stalk to get high beams before. now they are there when needed ;D
^thats your problem, youre low on gas
do that to mine....I dont have any high beams! lol
lol, I dono. If you want me to check out cost of shipping X2 + $10 for labor. Or you can try to do what i did following my pics that im going to upload. That would be your best bet as i dont want you to be driving around with no turn signals and no headlights.
well I had NO headlights when i got the car....now my headlights and signals and all my other lights work fine....just no brights. I dont really care lol...I dont really highway drive it at all anyways...especially at night. one day Ill get them going though!
next time im out your way ill bring my tools, you can buy me a burger as payment LOL
Prolowtone on 03:30:25 PM / 04-Jul-11Yeah. I want to get a center like this, but i am having some problems finding anything :reallysad:
(http://www1.garaget.org/archive/126/125457/244662/244662-2291505.jpg)
I want one too as I've decided to go back to stock taillights. Seems everyone wants one at the moment