Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Lost Attraction

Started by Prolowtone · Dec 29, 2010 · 305postsSMF 2010–26

cutter67Feb 14, 2012, 10:12 pm · #251

Christmas came early... Good for you

ProlowtoneFeb 14, 2012, 10:19 pm · #252

Lol, My early Christmas will be the first start up :D

sideways_s12Feb 21, 2012, 9:52 pm · #253

If you don't mind me askin how much did that box of goodies run you? if you don't want everyone to know you can pm me gonna be picking up another dohc ca in the future and that one is gettin a monster build......

dkdsilverFeb 21, 2012, 10:36 pm · #254

awesome and you still haven't invited me over to see everything and help you im a little disappointed jk lol
i finally got some of my money and am currently tracking down a ca18det as well ill only be going for 250hp so i wont be close to you but oh well lol

ProlowtoneFeb 22, 2012, 1:14 am · #255

I went through FRSport, $2268.31 USD with a few hundred dollars in savings with the Christmas and New-years sales along with price matching. I still have more parts i want to get.

ProlowtoneFeb 23, 2012, 12:32 pm · #256

Drove all over the lower mainland. I was laying in the passenger side of my car looking at the back of my deck trying to fix a problem with my sub not working When i had someone walk up to the car and start giving me compliments on how nice it looks. I pulled my head out from under the dash and made some small talk with the guy untill he said, You dont recognize me.... You bought the car from me! LOL.

 I showed him everything i had done to the car and explained the engine problems i had fixed and he told me that he had the motor rebuilt by someone about 2 years before i bought the car. It was not used much as it was ment to go back and forth to school but his son barely used it, so he drove it around. He told me he stills misses this fun little car and he enjoyed it more them the civic they drive around now, I got the feeling he wants it back :D

Also went by a car meet with some friends, Made some new friends and seen some nice fucking cars..... I wish my camera wasnt so shitty. I didnt want to use my flash until the other photographers dispersed as they do much nicer shots then me. Example

 (http://www.artofstance.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/speed_s2000.jpg) I Was standing behind his camera as he was setting up his shot.

(http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1189/img0132edited.jpg)
(http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/5416/img0132wt.jpg)
(http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5899/img0133mx.jpg) I cant even compete with them :(.

I did get a good shot of mine after everyone left tho
(http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4568/img0159edited.jpg)

sideways_s12Feb 24, 2012, 1:55 pm · #257
Prolowtone on 01:14:28 AM / 22-Feb-12I went through FRSport, $2268.31 USD with a few hundred dollars in savings with the Christmas and New-years sales along with price matching. I still have more parts i want to get.


Thats not bad
ProlowtoneFeb 24, 2012, 8:30 pm · #258

got charged like $300 at the border and the Canadian dollar was low so it was $2404 CAD :( oh well. ill enjoy it once its all said and done

ArroFeb 24, 2012, 8:46 pm · #259

Just catching up on your thread.. I like your winter wheels better :thumbsup: 15's With some lowering those would be perfect, very 80's vintage aftermarket.

ProlowtoneFeb 25, 2012, 6:07 am · #260

I know i need to go lower and the rims are growing on me. I may get them widened tho as they are only like 6" wide give or take. I want to get stiffer springs, better (shorter) struts and shocks. Or find a super short strut insert and trim the springs just short enough that there is still travel and they sit tight to the top hat with the shorter struts. then get adjustable sleeves for the rear... I got ideas right now but no ,money for any of them. Waiting to get a call back for a few construction and shop jobs

Edit* Going to post up some Photos from the meets i have gone to the last 3 nights in a row later on in the day

ArroFeb 25, 2012, 11:41 am · #261

Can you widen cast aluminum wheels? I've been told by a couple shops that you can't, but I've always wondered if because they were local yokel shops, they just didn't know the facts about aluminum wheels. I've wanted to run these or the Outlaw II style wheels (the ones like these but with the bigger holes in them) forever, but the sizes aren't there and I'd have to convert to five-lug. I still might do it, not sure.

Edit: oh and that S2000 looks horrible IMO... I hate it when fanbois screw up the body lines completely by adding chunky, flared out body components and modifications. I'm not opposed to completely changing the looks of a car, but it needs to FLOW together nicely. This looks like a fusing of parts from 80's and 2000's cars.

D-sport S12Feb 25, 2012, 1:24 pm · #262

You hate it that he made the car functional by making it wider, etc....
Aren't you all about function?.......

ArroFeb 25, 2012, 1:36 pm · #263

Me? Geezus you never did get me did ya.. I am about function FIRST, but I wouldn't make my car look like ass for performance unless it was a genuine track-dedicated car. I've been to professional drift events, and those cars are IMO anything but clean looking... and I appreciate that, because they are PURPOSE driven. I fully expect them to have ziptied shit and nutso fender flares riveted on.

A street car on the other hand, is there really a need to go that wide? Nope. And certainly not at the expense of esthetics. Note the word there... esthetics. I didn't say "trendy looks" like hellaflush. That S2000 kills its esthetics for no good reason, that's my point.

If I didn't have a healthy appreciation for visual design, I'd just want to drive sand rails. And even tho the S12 is not everyone's cup of tea, it has a distinct design to it. That S2000 has like three different design elements clashing together like it was designed by a person blind from birth.

ProlowtoneFeb 25, 2012, 2:48 pm · #264

LOL, I agree its not my cup of tee but the car is well done from a close view, Tho i doubt it will ever be used on track as he has airbags for raising and lowering the front and rear of the car

Shark808Feb 25, 2012, 5:43 pm · #265

Arro on 01:36:46 PM / 25-Feb-12 That S2000 has like three different design elements clashing together like it was designed by a person blind from birth.
Once upon a time that was an S2K?  I didn't recognize it.

And "Prolowtone" just add sig to your pics and you will be like the "other photogs."
ProlowtoneFeb 25, 2012, 11:11 pm · #266

LOL Ill think about that  :thinking:

ArroFeb 26, 2012, 12:35 am · #267

airbags? omfgfailsauce!

Total fanboi status achieved.

Jeremy AFeb 26, 2012, 2:34 am · #268

(http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/jersadras/Misc%20Pics/bags_are_for_groceries.jpg)

ProlowtoneFeb 26, 2012, 5:07 am · #269

Hahahahaha just burst out laughing and woke people up at 3 am :D


Post Merge: [time]05:14:00 PM / 26-Feb-12 [/time]
(http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7775/img0207wt.jpg)
(http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4835/img0240nw.jpg)
(http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/475/img0242r.jpg)
(http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4901/img0246sz.jpg)
(http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/1411/img0251tn.jpg)
(http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/792/img0258gu.jpg)
(http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/9561/img0261hz.jpg)
(http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2443/img0266hc.jpg)
(http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5492/img0268df.jpg)
CTS-V edition.
(http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/9936/img0271uf.jpg)
(http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3460/img0273pp.jpg)
(http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9600/img0275q.jpg)
(http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1876/img0278na.jpg)
(http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8093/img0280ew.jpg)
(http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9974/img0282tb.jpg)
(http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1350/img0283ix.jpg)
(http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/117/img0287ie.jpg)
(http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/223/img0294hp.jpg)

 My edited photos
(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/2997/img0270edited.jpg)
(http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/923/img0305edited.jpg)
(http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/7894/img0333edited.jpg)
(http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2892/img0365edited.jpg)
(http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/6403/img0369edited.jpg)

Post Merge: 07:17:11 PM / 26-Feb-12
I need a tripod, People at the meets are surprised i can hold it still enough for long exposure shots to turn out good
ProlowtoneMar 5, 2012, 6:57 am · #270

Hmmm, What to say.... I have not been doing very much of anything to my car as of recent due to finally being broke. I had been applying to jobs the last few months but kicked it into overdrive the last month and a half. I have not even had one damn callback or E-mail :( I have been applying to shop jobs, construction jobs and general labour jobs.  I have been stressed out and sick on and off for the last few months to top it all off. I have been having problems where i can not eat and have to drink protein shakes for a few days every once in awhile along with feeling down in the dumps. Kinda has me worried as it was about a year ago where i lost about 30 pounds in a few week period....... I want to know but i dont want to have another thing on my plate right now. I also almost broke my finger a few nights ago and have a nice blackish pinky nail and i think i have 3 or 4 planters warts on the soles of my feet so i am going to get that checked out tomorrow before i go out to Vancouver to help try and chase down a wiring problem in my friends prelude.

I am going to go out to apply for an automotive dismantling job for a shit wage at a junkyard tomorrow as well as a parts supply shop (Lordco). If i dont hear anything soon i am going to disappear for a few months :( Which means no Car meets or racing schools this summer, My car wont be built and i wont have a life at all as i will be living in camp again....I think... Its driving me nuts to say the least. To keep my mind off of things i have been working on all of my friends projects since i cant really afford to do anything to mine.

I borrowed my friends welder and mask to do some work on my wiper arms (Inside the cowling) as my wiper on the driver side does not reach over all the way and i noticed that the arm has a rectangular slot on it that i am going to weld up so that the wiper gets pushed all the way over (Fucker popped off on the highway during a super heavy downpour and i couldnt see!). Might also mes around with the exhaust manifold on the DET after i re-weld my Creeper that broke.

Dkdsilver took me out to a good spot away from the general public and any random traffic for a bit of drifting. I got to admit that the S12 looks damn good going sideways in first person when i was following behind him LOL. He had some nice controlled entry and good angles. It was my first time actually drifting and i got to admit that it was really fun and was pretty easy. I was kinda shaky at first when trying to straighten out after a corner and decided to just do chicanes since the area was nice and wide. after about 5 or 6 minutes i was controlling the car and keeping a good line and was surprising Chris's friend who was in my passenger seat. We were laughing our asses off and having a blast, And he asked me "Are you sure you have never done this before? Cause you are doing good" Topped off the night with a movie and went home in good spirits and started applying for more work before passing out. Thanks again dude!

Also have a new pic of my car that someone uploaded from a car meet on the 24th, I currently have it as my background on my 32" TV
(http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc437/swfk2/DSC_8623edit.jpg)

dkdsilverMar 5, 2012, 6:58 pm · #271

Anytime man im always down to go there again best after rain save are tires lol glad to hear you had fun

D-sport S12Mar 5, 2012, 8:13 pm · #272

I here you. I have to go work in camp up north to fund the build/living. I was just to broke working where i live.
I will have to come down in the s12 and do some skids

cutter67Mar 6, 2012, 3:55 am · #273

you are such a nice guy for letting your friends park their rides around your S-12 it must of made their day    :laugh:

i kinda liked the honda till you said airbags

ProlowtoneMar 17, 2012, 5:35 pm · #274

Hahahaha they asked if they could park beside me and get some good pics :D I didnt mind since i got some good single shots and some good group shots.

In other news my ca20s head cracked on me yesterday when i got home... I just put in a full tank and was getting ready for work. I popped the hood to put in a new exhaust stud as one fell out and i was sick of the ticking noise. I noticed a hissing noise but only on the drivers side, no leaking coming from my rad or the hoses or the rad. I put my ear up to the exhaust and could here the hissing from cylinder 3, I popped my rad cap and the hissing stopped. Car is not smoking so its not the head gasket but the water jacket in the head itself.

Went to my friends shop to get a quote on getting the det Hot tanked, check the deck of the head and block, polish the deck, polish my crank, valve grind etc. gonna cost me roughly 500 to 700 for all the work. :/ Car is offically off the road for a month at least.

ProlowtoneMar 23, 2012, 7:09 am · #275

My ride while the s12 is broke. 1992? V6 Toyota pickup
(http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/1498/img0716bu.jpg)
(http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/2338/img0715y.jpg)
(http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/3888/img0714y.jpg)

Colonel GustardMar 23, 2012, 11:20 am · #276

toyota pickups FTW

ProlowtoneMay 8, 2012, 12:50 am · #277

Super long day Dono if i even want to type it out.    Woke up feeling crappy, Drove 100km home from my friends place. Had a quick nap before i had to leave for work that didnt end so quick so i was late to work. about 40 minutes into my drove an east indian truck driver points at my passenger rim at a stop light so i put down my window (U Have Big Srew in Titre) I said AWWW fuck! pulled into a gas station, No tuner lug to take the rims off, Wait an hour and a half for moms boyfriend to drive out and give it to me. We pull the tire off, Lower the spare from under the truck bed, go to put it on.............. Fucking thing does not have the proper bore size! This just made my day, I roll the old punctured tire over to the air pump and fill it up after i paid the dollar charge :s. Put it on and rushed over to my friends shop as they are down the road and its 6 pm now so most shops are closed that woulds fix it. i had to park down the road as the lot is full.

 Pulled the tire off and try a rim, dont fit put the bad one on lower truck, back to the shop find another rim, pull bad one off to try again dont fit so put it all together again did this like ten fucking times. Skinny road with a dirt shoulder where i shouldnt use a bottle jack little lone leave it up without a tire so it was extra work :( Nothing fit in the end so i filled up my tire and rushed to a Warehousing store i know (Costco) Where i talked to the guy at the parts counter about getting a rim and tire if they had and spares, But as i thought He can only sell my two tires instead of one and they have no rims. Go to Canadian tire and the shop part is closed but i got the guy to get me a tire plug since they also can not sell single rims and tires. Back to my friends shop to ask if i can use the tire machine, They said sure but the part you pull the tire up onto is broke so it was going to be interesting. I tried and got a good sweat going but the machine was to small..... I was moving it around as i tried to pop the bead over the edge of the rim and was flexing the metal bar to the point we thought it might snap...Fucking low profile tires. so im not going to even make it for the end of my shift at work and no one would pick up when i called 9 FUCKING TIMES! so if i get shit tomorrow i am going to rip every single person in the front office a new fucking asshole!

 Tomorrow i need to get up, Cash my cheque at the bank, Get the tire patched and try to not be late for work. Mom gave me a bottle of Deserono and i got a 6 pack of beer. Think im going to dig into the s12 a bit tonight


Post Merge: [time]03:36:48 AM / 08-May-12 [/time]
Just drove the S12 for the first time in months of driving the little toyota. took it down an empty bumpy poorly paved road at a fair pace. If felt like the most floaty, swaying, heavy, wide, ass draggiest, light clutched, pinky shifting fucking thing EVER. But God do i miss the pull, torque and sound of my little ca20 s12 (I think the crack in the head is giving it +20 foot pounds of torque). I cant wait for my build to progress

Post Merge: 01:56:26 PM / 08-May-12
DONT SWING YOUR FUCKING DOORS OPEN IN PARKING LOTS FOR FUCK SAKES. second time the s12 out and around in 2 months and some dumbass women Throws her fucking mini van door open and peels some of the paint off my mirror as i start the car and put it in gear. I started fuming and shut the car off, Got out and checked it while she kept saying it wasnt her....... I gave her my "Fucking No" look and told her, Do you see any chips there, NO?, Thats because i fill them all with scratch filler! See the paint chip on your door and the silver paint on my mirror, Kind of a coincidence now isnt it..... I took down her info and gave her mine as she kept saying to settle privately bla bla bla, took some pics to. Then as i went to leave she starts saying god will bless me if i forget about it as i am getting in my car. I looked her in the eyes and told her i am an Atheist started the car and some old school rock started blasting. I waited for her to leave incase she hit me again or someone else.....
ProlowtoneJun 5, 2012, 5:43 am · #278

gave it a stretch this weekend. Took the sharp downhill offramp from the highway in second gear with my foot to the floor, My god did it ever hook up. Felt like me face was going to rip off.

(http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4409/img1835j.jpg)
(http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9930/img1836i.jpg)
(http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3577/img1840tj.jpg)
(http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9076/img1841o.jpg)
(http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5969/img1842ce.jpg)
(http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6605/summerswapedit.jpg)

Finally starting to make time to fix the car and build the CA18DET... By the way, anyone know where i can get the Crank timing gear and the key. Fucking thing is on there so bad i snapped the puller i bought and it chipped a tooth! FML

Some good shit to come in the not so near future (at this rate  :glaresad:)

rednucleusJun 5, 2012, 11:01 am · #279

Haha scary red eyes dude!! - like a zombie movie lol

ProlowtoneJun 5, 2012, 3:55 pm · #280

Im just a little bit possessed

ProlowtoneJun 13, 2012, 6:58 am · #281

Tempting.. 15x7 +18 wheels x4. 2 or which have 15x9.5 road racing slicks, i would be hesitant to try.wheels are in excellent shape,no curbage or bends.
(http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo94/matttregear/parts%20for%20sale%20june2012/may232012upload003.jpg)
(http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo94/matttregear/parts%20for%20sale%20june2012/may232012upload004.jpg)

What do you guys think.. I want to see how they fit

dkdsilverJun 13, 2012, 10:38 pm · #282

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/17-4x114-3-4x100-Blue-Wheels-Tires-Versa-Yaris-Accord-Integra-Civic-4-Lug-Rims-/220915552403?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336f97d093#ht_3224wt_1396 http://www.enjukuracing.com/products/SQUARE-Wheels-G6-Model-%252d-17x9-%252b15-4x114.3-%28set-of-4%29.html http://www.enjukuracing.com/products/Miro-STP%252d1-16x9-4x114.3-ET-%252b15-Offset.html


Post Merge: 10:39:16 PM / 13-Jun-12
theres 3 links ther check them out :P
ProlowtoneJun 21, 2012, 5:36 am · #283

Truthfully i only liked the last set. Im not really looking for rims at the moment anyways :D MASSIVE UPDATE TO COME :P

dkdsilverJun 21, 2012, 6:28 pm · #284

REALLY i hope u get your swap done soon as well then we can road trip and visit every one ;P

ProlowtoneJun 22, 2012, 5:39 am · #285

:laugh: Sounds good dude. I got some shit up my sleeve before that..,Things i am going to hold out on for now and not mention in this thread ;D. Spending $100-$400+ tomorrow, $400+ on the weekend, and i dono how much next week, Then in another week or soo im going to spend about 2000+  :sick: My car officially holds the check book...

But i got some pics to show that i have started on "Fixing things"
(http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/3874/img0688yk.jpg)
(http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1624/img0667xd.jpg)
(http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6079/img0577qy.jpg)
(mmmm crosshatching)

(http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/125/img0693xk.jpg)
And these are nothing special  :shifty:

ProlowtoneJul 10, 2012, 2:55 pm · #286

Been busy. Also a word of advise, Bolt on is NEVER BOLT ON... Been holding off on putting these in for MONTHS! i test fit one side awhile back and found out the control arms need a "Little" modding.... Cutting, grinding, then full structural reinforcement of the lower control arms because of the cutting and grinding :yay!:
 Finally said to hell with it and got to work
(http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/4098/img1452ix.jpg)

(http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/5236/img1458of.jpg)

(http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7643/img1483w.jpg)

(http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/4120/img1484p.jpg)

(http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6961/img1491r.jpg)

(http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/48/img1492iy.jpg)

(http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1317/img1504z.jpg)

(http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7917/img1506sga.jpg)
12.2" X 1.25" Directional vane rotors with 4 piston calipers and stainless braided brake lines. I am working on upgrading my rears to  :thinking:

(http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4439/img0693fr.jpg)
Sirius Satilite radio

(http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/51/img0695uh.jpg)
DET is on its way out for work

(http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3922/img0697e.jpg)
Waiting to see if i use this r200 or not

(http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7595/img0698rm.jpg)
Set of hard stance coilovers

(http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3958/img0706ae.jpg)
S13 front hubs with good rotors and brakes

Plus a crap ton of more parts.... 4 Rubbermaid bins, 3 boxs and a laundry bin along with other stuff just lying about

heithJul 12, 2012, 7:59 pm · #287

Yeah i had to grind away a couple times at the lca to make them fit. They also say 15" can be used with that kit but i barely fit 16's over it

ProlowtoneJul 13, 2012, 6:57 am · #288

Did you box-weld yours to? Trying to decide on my nice stiff coilovers and the s13 stuff or my lowering springs and the brake kit :(.. If i keep this kit then i am taking the arms to work and powder coating them. If i dont sleep in, ill try to fit the stock 15" rims on in the morning before i go to the shop so i can maybe sell them to make more room in my garage

ProlowtoneJul 19, 2012, 7:43 am · #289

http://brampton.canadianlisted.com/car-parts/nissan-200sx-s12-turbo-engine-with-5-spped-transmission_669323.html (http://brampton.canadianlisted.com/car-parts/nissan-200sx-s12-turbo-engine-with-5-spped-transmission_669323.html)
Now i need another 200sx to put one in T_T

ProlowtoneJul 27, 2012, 10:58 pm · #290

Fuck you to ca20.. Who needs a voltage regulator, you thought you could win by scaring me into thinking you caught fire as fuses started to pop. After i found your problem I won by turning on my high beams, full blast on my heater and my sub on full bass at volume 28.
Post Merge


got a new alternator..... same brand, same part number, lower bracket gap is a quart inch too small to fit onto the block *WTF?
ProlowtoneAug 7, 2012, 3:04 am · #291

Car meet and cruise to cypress :) A member of a local car forum  popped this pic up and i must say i love it!
(Thanks again nabs from Revscene.net)
(http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t471/nabmohammed/MEET10.jpg)

http://www.revscene.net/forums/671885-last-minute-cypress-cruise-august-6-a-2.html (http://www.revscene.net/forums/671885-last-minute-cypress-cruise-august-6-a-2.html)

ProlowtoneAug 18, 2012, 2:08 am · #292

Stranded roadside with snapped lugs fucking Fucking fuck
Post Merge


Finally home...

I was cruising along and started to feel the slightest change in the rear end of the car,  as i get into the turn lane and slowed down i had to fight the car a bit to stay straight like i have a low tire. Turned on my 4ways after i completed my left turn and crawled to the little gravel area 30 feet or so down the road. checked all my tires wiggle the rims, kicked them all and couldn't find anything wrong. I started to thing i was crazy so i drove away and turned right, everything felt normal. started to turn left and the ass started to track like i was starting a drift and i felt a big grind :S (Thankfully there is no curb on the side of the road where the parking area is for the auto shops).. i quickly countered and drove Straight into the parking area on the side of the road and got out thinking WTF! Checked under my car thinking my lower control arm started off as my fitment was PERFECT! then i noticed the finger gap between my rear disk and the rim, I bent over to see im missing two lug nuts...... wait a fuck? THEY SNAPPED OFF and the last black one broke with no force at all.... Only my locking lug was left,\

 Called my best friend to come with his jack so we could jack the car up. I searched around the car and lucky i still have the stock lugs for the spare tire and the tire iron kit for the truck in the back of the car for some reason. If i had gone any other route........ the rim would have come off in a sharp corner or on the highway /Mission bridge!
 
Post Merge
Prolowtone on 10:53:22 PM / 30-Dec-10Tuner lugs
posted image

FUCKING CHEEP SHIT. WAS TORQUED TO SPEC, Guess im hitting mopac in the morning
Post Merge
funny for others but adds insult to my injury is i had two full sets of rims and tires along with a spare...... only had the crappy original lugs for the spare tire
ProlowtoneJan 3, 2015, 9:29 am · #293

Alomst 2 years and 5 months since i updated this..
Not alot of good has happened to the old girl. I couldnt get the proper lug nuts for the rims without going back to the same ones and it was hard to find 16" rims that where thin enough to fit the short factory lugs but the proper offset to clear the big brake kit. I left my 17s on the front and put the stock rims on the rear, a few days later someone tried to break into it by punching my lock which snapped the back and prevented them from getting in but i cant find a new lock. THEN Both my cars got towed due to my Strada manager being an ass, calling in my cars as abandoned when i was in the middle of moving out.

The black car was towed safely (I would have gotten jail time)...  I get back after dropping a load of stuff off to the New house to find my both my cars are gone from our parking area behind the complex and moms jeep has a large pink tow sticker on it aswell so i rip it off and call the company after moving the jeep. I go down to their impound and found why they were towed. While waiting to go into the yard to get my cars i see through the gate that they had the ass of my grey car lifted off the ground by a forklift moving it across the impound. My head started ringing..

I go talk to the girl at the front desk who tells me the car is dead and needed a jump but brings me into the back where i discover the worst nightmare.
The Grey car (Project Lost Attraction) was towed into something that made a 1' 7" gash in the passenger fender, cut the passenger tire down to the cords and damaged my rim, scratched the mirror and dented/Cracked my front bumper and because they didnt secure the steering wheel so my wheel bar spun up when the front tires turned during the tow and smashed the bloody hell out of the windshield. and when they lifted the rear with the forklift the dented in my gas tank.

I lost all motivation to even look at either of the cars after then and stored them since other then the 4 times had the black car out. I work away more often then im home but have been helping to build and maintain other cars so i wasnt out completely but i was certainly on a bit of a hiatus.
posted image

After working away and not being home for a year  at a time i managed to get up the gumption to start into the car again as my newyear resolution.
Making plans on the build again and Installing and Prepping stored and recently purchased parts for install  :evillaugh:
posted image

Testfit on the Black car
posted image
posted image

Fronts clearing strut by maybe 2 mm but clearing the calipers. I the had them dismounted from the bald tires and they are inline for restoration  :cool2:
posted image

Other stuff
posted image
posted image
posted image

Partcery shopping in an hour also missing a Z32 front calipers. I still have an entire shelf full of new parts
posted image

Tomorrow is my last day home for probably another year. And for those of you that remember my baby brother, He is on a good path for turning 2 in a few days. He loves burnout vids of s12's, He loves cars and anything with wheels sofar. He is joined to my hip when im here the past week hahaha. I get photos of him pulling stuff apart to see how it work just like i did  :angel: still think mother would kill me if he stsrted getting greasy in the garage with me. Maybe this time next year  :thumbsup:

8SixS12Jan 3, 2015, 2:25 pm · #294

Awesome!

BasicJan 3, 2015, 2:52 pm · #295

You had more control than I would have. I think heads would be rolling if they did that to my cars. At bare minimum there would be multiple lawsuits involved and the manager would be fired, as well as whoever at the tow company f-ed up my car(s).

ProlowtoneJan 3, 2015, 3:11 pm · #296

Tried to sue but i was put aside as my insurance was up so no money to be made for the monopolized BC government and they somehow consider that parking area as a public road and continued to say i should have gotten tickets ontop of it all. Im away to much and would lose more money if had to miss work and pay for a layer and the rest of those fees. Bullshit eh. Tow company showed me the drivers inspection sheet and that the damage was there before he towed it.. as if he couldnt write more damage on the sheet after he started towing the car and smashed it!

The cars were parked here but the black car was in front of the grey car so how did it get hit at all on the front and passenger sides. Whatever tho, Nothing i can do now as mad as i am, Just need to acquire new fender and front bumper and windshield. 
posted image

8SixS12Jan 3, 2015, 7:41 pm · #297

That's great that you had the inspiration to resume your build. Unfortunately there are lots of people in this world that just plain suck for no damn reason. Good luck bro.

ProlowtoneJan 6, 2015, 12:40 pm · #298

Hahaha Thanks :)

posted image

8SixS12Jan 6, 2015, 4:00 pm · #299

Hey Pro, are those Enkei Zokus???

ProlowtoneJan 6, 2015, 7:37 pm · #300

Hahaha yes they are. Thanks, I didnt know what they were called. they are 17X7