Browse › Community ›Lounge

what do you guys do for a living

Started by cutter67 · Jun 22, 2012 · 77postsSMF 2010–26

rednucleusJun 28, 2012, 7:47 pm · #51

No problem Tommy, you bring the fish and I'll put them on the bbq. BTW cool career choice, my cousin's an ichty guy and he wouldn't trade it in for anything.

cutter67Jun 28, 2012, 7:52 pm · #52
Colonel Gustard on 05:52:44 PM / 28-Jun-12i guess im left out of the shop :'( every shop needs a mexican janitor

colonel i thought that was a given :)

tommy you can organize the fishing trips for the company and on another note where do i get one of those cathode's because the fish dont come near my bait or lures
tommyJun 28, 2012, 8:21 pm · #53

Smith and root.... but don't try to use that thing if you don't have a scientific fishing permit...

Oh and you gotta be careful, that thing packs 990v with a max power output of 400watt... could get nasty pretty damn fast lol

cutter67Jun 29, 2012, 7:08 am · #54

Yea tommy I think I will pass on the cathode... 990volts, water and me I can read the post "where's cutter been? Oh you didn't hear he was electricuted while fishing"

Slip n SlideJun 29, 2012, 1:19 pm · #55

I get paid 10 bucks an hour to pick things up and put them down.

d_k_jose_s12Sep 18, 2012, 9:52 pm · #56

this is what i do for a living i build pools
posted image

SchizophrenicMCSep 18, 2012, 11:33 pm · #57

That's incredibly Mexican of you, Henry. Thanks for restoring my faith in you.

I suppose now I'm getting paid a ridiculously low rate to tutor my young cousin in various things, including Latin and Computer Science. Does that count as a job? If so, fuck yeah I'm a teacher. :D

BabySep 19, 2012, 12:04 am · #58
Prolowtone on 05:37:30 AM / 23-Jun-12Radio tower we built on site, Telus and bell came out to install their antennas and crap after completion. Then we had cell service :yay!:
posted image

cutter67 on 11:01:17 AM / 22-Jun-12radio tower i removed
posted image

 :laugh:
WonderingravenSep 19, 2012, 12:20 am · #59
posted image
Was working for lvnet as an Inside Tech support, the pay was crappy and so was the employee's and employer.

So I found a new job with Bally's IT
BabySep 19, 2012, 1:43 am · #60

HOW?!!!!

Navy_Mech2Sep 19, 2012, 6:31 am · #61

Been in the Navy since i graduated high schoo. Hence the name. Started off working on the T56-A-14 Turboprop for the P-3 Orion. Worked as a Test Cell technican for 2 years and got qualified as a test cell operator. After that i transfered to Patrol Squadron 16 (VP-16) in September of 09 working on the same plane/motor. Made 2 deployments so far, first one to Sigonella, Sicily for a month and a half and then to Comalapa, El Salvador for the remaining 4 1/2 months. Then last December we went to Kadena Air Base, Okinawa for 6 months and got home in June of this year.

Now we've started the transition to the new Boeing P-8A Poseidon. Basically a re-fitted 737-800 with -900 wings. Just got done with our primary school for working on the CFM56-7B Turbofan. Kinda like going from an s12 to a new GT-R lol. EVERYTHING is automatic and computer controlled...pretty badass stuff.

I've also been to Scotland for a NATO excercise with the RAF/RN, French Airforce/Navy, Canadian Navy, and i think the Norweigans(SP?) were there too. THAT was a fun 3 weeks. We ended up all over Scotland from Aberdeen to Inverness and all the way down to Loch Ness. Been to Guam twice on the last deployment as well as Darwin and Perth, Australia for 3 weeks which included a stay in Brisbane for St. Patricks day. I dont think i need to elaborate on how that went down lol. Also went to Atsugi, Japan to repair a plane that broke down at an airshow and went to Tokyo for a night. All in all its been a really fun time!

SchizophrenicMCSep 19, 2012, 10:33 am · #62
Navy_Mech2 on 06:31:29 AM / 19-Sep-12Now we've started the transition to the new Boeing P-8A Poseidon. Basically a re-fitted 737-800 with -900 wings. Just got done with our primary school for working on the CFM56-7B Turbofan. Kinda like going from an s12 to a new GT-R lol. EVERYTHING is automatic and computer controlled...pretty badass stuff.


My grandpa flew on the P3, and my dad swears up and down the P8 won't be as good. As a mechanic, what's your take?
420-86notchSep 19, 2012, 11:19 am · #63

im a jack of all trades master of none: backyard machanic, painter, electrician, janator, deck and patio repair and cleaning, tire tech, oil change pit tech, cook, truck driver... i know theres more but cant think of all the stuff ive done

J woodsSep 20, 2012, 6:37 am · #64

I'm a retired Army nurse. 20yrs. Now i work as a nurse at a small hospital here in Detroit. I bought my 86 turbo in 1986 at a San Jose dealership. I was stationed at Fort Ord Ca at the time.

Navy_Mech2Sep 20, 2012, 9:07 am · #65
SchizophrenicMC on 10:33:53 AM / 19-Sep-12My grandpa flew on the P3, and my dad swears up and down the P8 won't be as good. As a mechanic, what's your take?

From a mechanic's standpoint, its a godsend. The P-3 is so old we were constantly fixing them. I wanna say we changed 6 propellers and 4 engines on my last deployment and on the previous one when i was in El Salvador, we changed at least 2 EDC's every night. Me and another guy got good enough at it we could remove and replace one in 45 minutes where it took most people 2 or 3 hours.
night_s12Sep 20, 2012, 9:15 am · #66

i know work at continental tire- mount vernan plant, truck tire side. cleaning the tire presses with a dry ice blasting gun. we also do general tire and have a joint venture with yokohama tire making 60% of there american truck  tires and 30% of there passenger tires.

d_k_jose_s12Sep 20, 2012, 11:31 am · #67
Navy_Mech2 on 09:07:08 AM / 20-Sep-12From a mechanic's standpoint, its a godsend. The P-3 is so old we were constantly fixing them. I wanna say we changed 6 propellers and 4 engines on my last deployment and on the previous one when i was in El Salvador, we changed at least 2 EDC's every night. Me and another guy got good enough at it we could remove and replace one in 45 minutes where it took most people 2 or 3 hours.

What part of el salvador did you go? I was born in el salvador
97jesterSep 20, 2012, 11:37 am · #68

I build The World Standard for gas compressors. Work for Areil Corp in Mt,Vernon, Oh. These compresors are every where in the world. Right now I build the ones for CNG stations.

Navy_Mech2Sep 20, 2012, 12:38 pm · #69
d_k_jose_s12 on 11:31:48 AM / 20-Sep-12What part of el salvador did you go? I was born in el salvador

I wanna say the area was called Comalapa. We worked out of the international airport there about half an hour from San Salvador
d_k_jose_s12Sep 20, 2012, 1:54 pm · #70

Cool I used to live like 30 minutes from there...how long since you where there

Navy_Mech2Sep 20, 2012, 6:33 pm · #71

I was there from september to december of 2010. It rained damn near every day and it was hot as hell lol

fyneyoungstunnaSep 21, 2012, 11:53 am · #72
SchizophrenicMC on 12:56:00 AM / 23-Jun-12So, wait, real medicine, or that alternative crap? I have to know.

Just saw this.
  One was spawned from the other. One is still more powerful than the other. One borrows ALL of its base compounds from things in the other.
      One will cause you to bleed from the eyes, shit orange, have heart conditions, your baby will be at risk (women), have to take more pills because you have developed another disease from the pills to cure the......or you will become george bush.
SchizophrenicMCSep 21, 2012, 1:34 pm · #73
fyneyoungstunna on 11:53:40 AM / 21-Sep-12Just saw this.
  One was spawned from the other. One is still more powerful than the other. One borrows ALL of its base compounds from things in the other.
      One will cause you to bleed from the eyes, shit orange, have heart conditions, your baby will be at risk (women), have to take more pills because you have developed another disease from the pills to cure the......or you will become george bush.
Side effects, maybe, but at least it works.
StephenGSep 21, 2012, 2:15 pm · #74
SchizophrenicMC on 01:34:49 PM / 21-Sep-12Side effects, maybe, but at least it works.
Don't underestimate the power of the placebo effect.
fyneyoungstunnaSep 21, 2012, 2:51 pm · #75

Writ of papyrus
 But hey ignorance is bliss right....

200srdriftSep 21, 2012, 3:52 pm · #76

woot woot paint commercial buildings and home remodeling and such. all under the table lol

SkibOct 18, 2012, 5:36 pm · #77

I build j-tin