Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

86 Hatch Drift Build; From VegasDrift to ClubLoose

Started by IggyEGuana · Dec 5, 2013 · 58postsSMF 2010–26

IggyEGuanaJul 24, 2015, 2:13 pm · #51

Well Carlisle was a success. Even tho I got heat exhaustion, wrecked my car, and blew up my engine. It was fun. We got 3 S12s an 4 owners together. Best east coast S12 meet in a while. Bonus points if you recognize who's cars these are.

posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image

posted image
posted image

At the end of the day Sunday I overcooked it in the manji coming downhill and got into the grass and found the water barrel safety barrier. The damage is all cosmetic. But immediately after the wreck I had a slight misfire at idle. On the drive home it quickly got worse and turned into a heavy rod knock. I had to pull off on the side of the PA turnpike. I think it sucked in too much water when I crashed causing it to hydrolock and slightly bend a rod. Thats just my theory for now. 
posted image

Plan is to pick up a ca20 in time to get it ready for Freedom Moves in Sept.

rednucleusJul 24, 2015, 4:11 pm · #52

Gotta like the man still faithful to the mighty CA. Glad you are enjoying yourself after the big move!

IggyEGuanaJul 24, 2015, 5:00 pm · #53

I'd love to do the FJ but its not in the budget. Budget is zero lol. I have a plan for it. Need to start with cleaning the turbo block and getting a set of standard main bearings and some plastigage to spec out the mains. I've got a really fresh looking crank. looks like it was cleaned and checked. possibly had its journals polished too. im not sure. All that FJ stuff is for another soon to be created thread tho.

NebuchernezzerMay 2, 2016, 1:31 am · #54

I've not been on here forever but it's always good to come back and read stuff like this. Even though it's an old topic in itself now. Still going with this?

iceagegMay 2, 2016, 7:08 am · #55

Iggy doesn't come around here much anymore.  After moving to the east coast his new job keeps him very busy.  He still has his S12 but he has not made any big changes or progress on it in a while.  Not that we know of anyway.

8SixS12May 2, 2016, 10:49 am · #56

Yeah. Everyone hangs out on Facebook now.

WonderingravenMay 2, 2016, 11:49 am · #57

He does stop in every now and then, he is on vacation right now tho if you follow him on FB. He is enjoying the east coast.

NebuchernezzerMay 3, 2016, 2:10 am · #58

Ah yes facebook. I'm on the s12 group there but still prefer forums. Life does get in the way of cars sometimes doesn't it haha.