Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Projects: Robin the crimson avenger - 86.5

Started by Wonderingraven · Apr 25, 2015 · 62postsSMF 2010–26

sideways_s12Aug 31, 2016, 10:22 am · #51

Nice! Still coming for the black car I'm close to switching jobs just waiting to hear back

WonderingravenAug 31, 2016, 12:22 pm · #52
sideways_s12 on 10:22:03 AM / 31-Aug-16Nice! Still coming for the black car I'm close to switching jobs just waiting to hear back

Take your time bro, it isn't going anywhere. 

I will be looking for the turbo lip in the future, 
 
S12_LiferAug 31, 2016, 6:33 pm · #53

Trade you a lip kit for that Turbo hood.

WonderingravenSep 1, 2016, 9:23 pm · #54

No! that turbo hood is going to look good with the car's for the horde look.

Engine bay cleaning,

starting here:
posted image

Cleaned up a few things
posted image
posted image

Oh MY! SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVIES!!!
posted image

Little bit of purple power and alot of pressure.
posted image
posted image

If you have yet to figure out what I am doing at this point, I will give you a hint.
posted image

The full write up of the project is here.
http://www.g-funk.net/blog/time-for-a-change-up/

Cajun1guySep 2, 2016, 9:29 am · #55

Man, nice cleanup! Did you clear coat, or simply repaint?

WonderingravenSep 2, 2016, 9:35 am · #56

Actually I used purple power degreaser but still it is spotty with oil stains and the paint is chipping away from the brake booster / clutch area (seems to be a norm) as the fluids does eat the paint away.

So I have been thinking of tossing in some spray paint inside the engine bay as much as I can, sand it down some especially the visible areas with the oil stains and repaint the inside.

Cajun1guySep 6, 2016, 9:23 am · #57

Looks good, some years back when I had the engine out, I cleaned each section and cleared coated with Duracolor high temp clear. It made the whole bay look great!

WonderingravenSep 6, 2016, 11:19 am · #58

I will have to do that the next time I have to pull the motor.

Test fitting the motor.
posted image
posted image
posted image

I am thinking it might be a good possibility to repaint the red valve covers to match the car, or polish the current ones. still deciding.
posted image
posted image

Changed out the bent vender with a solid one.
posted image
posted image
posted image

That is it for now, I got stuff to order to proceed from here.
I need a new slave cyl, (clutch line dampener bypass mod).
Thermostat.
Going with the waylon way and going Honda Raidator and Audi Intercooler setup.
Headlight switch
Cyl Lock

Todo: wiring and stuff.

sideways_s12Sep 20, 2016, 2:55 pm · #59

Nice\! why in this car thought you were dropping it in the blue car?

WonderingravenSep 20, 2016, 7:19 pm · #60
sideways_s12 on 02:55:40 PM / 20-Sep-16Nice\! why in this car thought you were dropping it in the blue car?

blue car is going to get the full subframe + engine swap from the sev6 project in 2018
sideways_s12May 8, 2017, 12:40 am · #61

That belt was old anyway a new one would be the way to go!

WonderingravenJan 11, 2018, 4:50 pm · #62

Returning to this project as I am wiring in an Walbro fuelpump and doing the fuel pump rewire as I have done with my other projects and a kill switch.