Browse › Engines ›CA18ET

How much you think this costs...

Started by Nemisis · around Jun 2004 · 55postsvBulletin 2004–05

This thread was saved without dates. "Around Jun 2004" is estimated from neighbouring threads.

YellowPreludeRdate not saved · #51

i am running a crushed 1G DSM BOV that is vent to atmosphere. Hehe. All I can say is PSHFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT everytime boost is made and I let off the pedal. I have no problems with stalling out or anything when comming to quick stops or normal stops. True that the MAF has determined a set amount of air that has come in, but this is just a quick burst of air released to keep the turbo alive longer. ill get some video's soon :P

Mr.200date not saved · #52

How did you set up your DSM BOV to vent to atmosphere? I looked up how to do it once, and it involved a hell of a lot more work than I felt like doing.

I've used both atmo and recirc BOVs, and other than crappy BOV design, I didn't have a problem with stalling or stumbling.

Basically when the BOV vents, you have a massive air/vacuum leak for a fraction of a second. But, I've only heard this from other people. I don't know that I believe it. Our MAF takes like 10 readings a second or something like that. I'd think that in the time it takes for you to shift, the ECU would have figured it all out ... but hey

Ok, twin chambers that vent to atmosphere are safe to use on MAF systems. They vent from one chamber to the other, then to atmosphere, so the MAF has already figured it all out by the time the air actually gets out.

The recirculating ones recirculate the vented air to the intake tract, after the MAF. So yeah, that air will make it to the engine.

Stinkydate not saved · #53

I think to make a 1G BOV just vent into the air you just dont hook up a hose to the output end.

If you have a dual chamber BOV I dont think it would make much difference, if the air is being released the second you close the TB, or a split second after. either way the maf has to figure it out.

Mr.200date not saved · #54

Like I said, the MAF takes 10 readings a second, it wouldn't take long toi hold something for one cycle.

I think the DSM ones leak constantly, not enough to matter if it's just going back into the intake stream.

bartc_jdate not saved · #55

thats my bov's little brother..... just reconect it before the tb and all will be job