i have perfect it in the 3000 grit is that alright?
Browse › Tech ›Visual mods and audio
How To: Rattle Can Your Car-spray Paint
^yeah thats perfect. i only say 2000 cause its way cheaper than the 3000. also use a foam or wool pad to buff.
swet ive always had a big bottle, i dunno where it came from? lol
Awesome write-up. I was going to take my car somewhere and try and get a quote for it but nevermind now. That's a great finish for rattle work. I'm gonna do the same to the car now, but just do area by area. Definitely the hood and the roof first... fading BADLY!
I'll take all of the steps sil-love posted, but I'll try a few coats of clear coat after the 2000-3000 grit paper over the paint and then buff it out with the trizact.
Once I get around to actually doing it, I'll post before and after pics. I'll be doing the hood first since that'll be the easiest. Might even just remove it.... If I can convince the roommate to clean up the garage. uhhh.....
I've done interior paint work with trim that came out great, but it was a lot simpler than this. I'm not quite a novice and rattle work but this will be interesting.
VG30_S12Have you guys heard of the $50 paint job? search it up on Google...Actually, it's regular automotive paint, not house paint. lol
supposedly you mix house paint with mineral spirits
I'm going to do this to my truck next weekend, it just looks too good. I will post up before and after shots for you guys and share any insights I come across
okay so what if the car is already primered and its peeling off? do i still use the 650g? or what?
newby200sx on 04:01:50 PM / 16-Apr-11okay so what if the car is already primered and its peeling off? do i still use the 650g? or what?
the areas that are peeling will need to be feather egded smooth. chances are if its peeling in one spot it will peel in another later. id probably use 220-320 grit then 400. you could paint over the 400 but idealy 600 would be perfect pre-paint.
Hey I am just wondering how the paint have holded up with the sun after 3 years? Still look fresh n shiny? That's a very nice write-up!
Dont mean to revive an old thread, but Ill be rattle can painting my car this weekend and so far Im as ready as I can be...only problem though is I dont have the money for an orbital buffer and theres no rental places around that has them (theres a POSSIBLE place currently)
Anyway, I can get through the primering, sanding, and painting just fine Im sure. But whats something I can do instead of using the buffer and trizac 3M stuff? Also, if I do get a hold of the buffer, you mention its called "color sanding". I plan on 2toning my car and was wondering if the colors would run together if I buffered in the spots they meet.
Any and all help is appreciated, thanks
DirtyGaze on 06:50:59 PM / 28-Oct-11Dont mean to revive an old thread, but Ill be rattle can painting my car this weekend and so far Im as ready as I can be...only problem though is I dont have the money for an orbital buffer and theres no rental places around that has them (theres a POSSIBLE place currently)the colors shouldn't run together. I had my fender two toned and buffed it and it looked great. Make sure you give the paint a few days to completely dry before attempting to polish. If you can't get ahold of a orbital buffer ur not gonna get the same results I got. I tried using a polisher/waxer, one of those kragen ones, it didn't do nothin. You could still see the dullness from wetsanding. The main problem with not using the right buffer is the pad. The foam 3m pad is the only way to go. The waxer/polisher only comes with a wool and waxing cotton pad. A real buffer will pay for itself eventually if you need to buy one, you'll be buffing everything haha. Go to www.autobodytoolmart.com they have killer prices on the pads and the backer plates for the pads. If you need a budget buffer go to www.harborfreight.com. Any other questions just let me know.
Anyway, I can get through the primering, sanding, and painting just fine Im sure. But whats something I can do instead of using the buffer and trizac 3M stuff? Also, if I do get a hold of the buffer, you mention its called "color sanding". I plan on 2toning my car and was wondering if the colors would run together if I buffered in the spots they meet.
Any and all help is appreciated, thanks
Lol for sure. I just got to work this morning after painting the car all weekend. It looks like hell right now sadly. I think it turned out alright, but itll need a lot of sanding and love and clear coats later on...just didnt have time this weekend to do it.
I appreciate your help buddy, hopefully Ill have something presentable soon, lol
I love the way your car came out i started mine about a week and a half ago but had to bondo a good majority of the car due too rust :grumpy: but its almost there and this write up just stopped me from going to maaco I primed half the car already i just wish there was factory color matching rattle cans but fuck it I love the way your car came out and I feel like doing it myself will make me appreciate the car a hell of a lot more.
here's my krylon overhaul rims and all. Semi gloss white body and flat black rims. Sry for shit iphone photo.
Love the black on white look, thing looks sinister.
200srdrift on 03:43:40 PM / 21-Sep-12here's my krylon overhaul rims and all. Semi gloss white body and flat black rims. Sry for shit iphone photo.
your wheels give me a huge boner........more pics of your car?
i did my in a paint booth it took a s**t load of hours with paint gun
so i can imagine what it like with a rattle can
:hahanot:
BattleFairy on 06:03:13 AM / 22-Sep-12your wheels give me a huge boner........more pics of your car?

zounii on 04:21:40 AM / 06-Nov-12i did my in a paint booth it took a s**t load of hours with paint gun
so i can imagine what it like with a rattle can
:hahanot:
I did mine outside on the driveway... looks like catshit in a sand box
I'll post some pics when I paint mine, just have to wait for it to warm up