a seperate group for banned users is a good idea to me also.
p.s anyone got a fuckin problem with arro can take it up with me. serious. shit would be outta fuckin hand lets not have this place turn into zilvia n shit guys. man the fuck up and know your place.
Browse › Community ›Announcements
Listen Up
EightySix200SX a seperate group for banned users is a good idea to me also.
p.s anyone got a fuckin problem with arro can take it up with me. serious. shit would be outta fuckin hand lets not have this place turn into zilvia n shit guys. man the fuck up and know your place.
i agree with my gangster friend here
xano you're right.there should be a link to the thread showing why and how they got banned.
like i said though Joe, the problem with doing that is then there is no point in us doing anything at all. Our job is to clean that stuff OFF the forums.
nismologistxano you're right.there should be a link to the thread showing why and how they got banned.
WERD! +1 for that or at least a "quote" like this is where the thread went sour.....
THE TITLE "BANNED" in the user group is fine nico forums uses that type of shit too i think. or zilvia says somethin like u got pinked or some shit and ur username changes color
Xanoim banning you for disagreeing Jay. (JUST TO EVERYONE ELSE, IM COMPLETELY KIDING, AND IF I DID THIS, I WOULD MORE THAN LIKELY GET BANNED MYSELF.)Yeah ban Jay! No one will know he is even banned! That might change his mind . And personally I think we shouldn't make the offenders post invisible cause if they are banned then they didn't really win did they? I think if it is something really outrageous then yeah that makes sense but otherwise the mods are just deleting the evidence for why they were disciplined or banned. It is nice to see I am not the only one that thinks we need to clearly label when someone is banned or post banned. An added bonus is that most of you are all for making a separate section as I suggested in my first post adding the reason why a person is banned or post banned. And yeah there is always going to be drama with issues like this but how often in the media are things over hyped where there is massive speculation? Your better off to just let everyone know why in the first place so it eliminates the whole speculation aspect.
i see your point on the slander thing, but still disagree, if someone misbehaves, technically, we wouldnt have to say a thing about it, we could link to the post/thread where the issue was instead of making it invisible or deleting it. BUT, personally, I'd rather that not happen, as it would defeat the purpose of banning them at all if we left the offending issues plainly visible.
Xanoim banning you for disagreeing Jay. (JUST TO EVERYONE ELSE, IM COMPLETELY KIDING, AND IF I DID THIS, I WOULD MORE THAN LIKELY GET BANNED MYSELF.)
i see your point on the slander thing, but still disagree, if someone misbehaves, technically, we wouldnt have to say a thing about it, we could link to the post/thread where the issue was instead of making it invisible or deleting it. BUT, personally, I'd rather that not happen, as it would defeat the purpose of banning them at all if we left the offending issues plainly visible.
Lol! I'd get a chuckle over a temp ban like that. Because it would be funny to me.
Okay, let me rephrase what I said earlier. What was trying to say is there's no need to make a seperate topic stating why the person was banned. The linkback to it is plenty, and nothing can become of it legally that way, as nothing is coming out of somebody else's mouth (so to speak).
offensive things can be archived and made examples of. for future use just in case. But something like that may prove to be pretty null...
JayOkay, let me rephrase what I said earlier. What was trying to say is there's no need to make a seperate topic stating why the person was banned. The linkback to it is plenty, and nothing can become of it legally that way, as nothing is coming out of somebody else's mouth (so to speak).I am a legal assistant by profession and from what I have seen I don't think you need to worry about slander on the internet besides maybe like news websites or something huge in the media. If that was the case you would see slander lawsuits clogging up the court rooms everywhere. On top of that you could counter sue for a fraudulent lawsuit claim and that makes it even more fun. And yeah a link back to what the person said should be more than fine. I am just in support or some kind of system that shows why they were banned or temp banned. I don't really care about warnings that is not really a big deal.
lol I think the whole avatar/signature/post rank etc. being listed banned is over kill but funny.
I think it will make it easier though for people to be aware.. so my vote is for over kill!
EightySix200SXa seperate group for banned users is a good idea to me also.
p.s anyone got a fuckin problem with arro can take it up with me. serious. shit would be outta fuckin hand lets not have this place turn into zilvia n shit guys. man the fuck up and know your place.
Bwahahahahahaha!!!! Angry much
sideways_s12Bwahahahahahaha!!!! Angry much
rawr
the problem looks to be the younger ones cant control themselfs. they dont know when to act serious. everything can and will get made into a joke with them. nothing is safe. lol. its the same type of people doing the same thing. very frustrating i can imagine, only if you really need to care that much.
its kinda funny on how serious a public online car forum has to be. yet we live in such a free country.
*sigh* you can't have an effective info source if it's cluttered with nonsensical crap... from kids or from whoever. You might think we're being uptight, but without this approach, it'd be a real bitch to sift through the BS to the important stuff.
We do have fun on here, but there has to be a *limit*0 and sometimes some people cross the line.
double post ftl lol but i agree
Arro*sigh* you can't have an effective info source if it's cluttered with nonsensical crap... from kids or from whoever. You might think we're being uptight, but without this approach, it'd be a real bitch to sift through the BS to the important stuff.now the last 4 pages is summed up right there. easy for everyone to understand. when you have to write an essay a week here to inform everyone it seems uptight. most people wont read all that explaining, but they'll read something short like that.
We do have fun on here, but there has to be a *limit*0 and sometimes some people cross the line.
now for the clutter, it just seems harsh to ban, even it its temp. you have the ability to delete people from the forum, so just delete the irrelavant stuff from the threads. if thats too much time or too much energy maybe there needs to be additional, new types of mods, or helpers of a sort. maybe make a definitive 3 strike policy around here????
the same thing happens over and over, obviously change is needed somehwere.
im not commenting on your mod abilities, i think you do a great job. sp no pun intended.
i'm just as much tired of all the bs as i'm tired of seeing threads like this i guess?
I am tired of the BS and these threads, too.... but what sets this thread apart from the others is I'm being VERY open about who, what, and why. That, and honestly man, maybe you and I and some of the others can take what is said in a paragraph like above and make sense of it, but it seems like some people on here need a big, full-blown discussion, because a quick and direct message fails to settle into their brains.
As far as the clutter and banning... dude, people don't get banned for making a mistake here or there, but when someone *consistently* causes these kinds of problems either out of obvious lack of respect or even out of spite, that's something worthy of at least a temporary ban.
As you said yourself, the same thing happens over and over, obviously change is needed somewhere. This banning of repeat offenders is that change. If you don't want to get banned, keep the chaos to a minimum. It's really pretty simple.
As for my first post, I felt I needed to clarify a few things about our moderation practices, and in my next big post in this thread, I opened up about specifics on who and why we banned.
Anyways, this thread is unlike previous threads in that it's open and candid, and I'm taking polls to get a better idea of what people think.
But as far as banning as a way of dealing with repeat nuisances, sorry, that is how we're going to continue to handle them. If we issue a warning, we want it to *mean* something, and I am concerned that some people on here laugh at a warning like it doesn't mean shit.
silvia lovemaybe make a definitive 3 strike policy around here???
I totally agree with the three strike rule to many times have you guys warned someone then they do it again and again I say fuck the warning (other than the three strike rule) change that warning bar we all have to a strike bar instead and on your third one one you are banned for a period of time starting with 6 months to a yeear depending on what happened. Cuz I hear alot of times that people just get pissed when they are banned for a week or so and just back and start shit this way they will have plenty of time to cool off and if they come back after 6 months and start shit right away then they should be indef banned or perma banned depending on the condition of what happened
we have a 3 strike rule, its the warning system. 33 66 and 100 percent, 100 percent is generally a temp ban
i lived with that 33% for like 6 months.haha
yeah first off we can't so easily "change" the forum software. Second, Xano is right -- it's a "percentage" but really it's three strikes. There's no such thing in the system as "65%" or "83%". First issued warning is 33%, the second takes it up to %66, then the third takes it to 100%.
If you've had a warning on your account for awhile, sometimes we forget. There's a lot of people on here. Just PM us and we'll look into it. Usually we'll just remove the warning or restriction.
Shouldn't the last one be 99% by logic?
mine says 67%
i think that i should get a refund
demonic s12mine says 67%
no it doesn't
Arro
no it doesn't
ooohpah!