Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

1985 Kade S12 Notch From Pos To Mow (original post has been reconfigured.)

Started by sam31183 · Oct 2, 2009 · 180postsSMF 2010–26

kyskaterJun 22, 2010, 3:09 pm · #151
Arro
hahah NIPPLES, sam. Nipples!
this is going to be in my sig!
EternalSwapJun 23, 2010, 4:43 am · #152

sam just dont pull a me and forget to use your hood pins and have your hood fly off, so you pull over and put the hood back on once again without pins and have it fly off 2x...

sam31183Jun 23, 2010, 2:41 pm · #153

i think i wont be pulling an alex...

oh...and nipples!!!!

JayJun 23, 2010, 2:58 pm · #154
sam31183
i think i wont be pulling an alex...
oh...and nipples!!!!

No hood pin installation is complete without nipple enhancers!
Going out for a jog? Shopping at the supermarket? Wanting to make other women's men jealous at victoria's secret? From driving to sleeping. These are for you!

/Randomness
sam31183Jun 24, 2010, 11:42 pm · #155

this is a pic that someone from the autox club just now uploaded onto the autox clubs facebook...but its from the last autox...and, well, it is win!

ArroJun 25, 2010, 1:41 am · #156
EternalSwap
sam just dont pull a me and forget to use your hood pins and have your hood fly off, so you pull over and put the hood back on once again without pins and have it fly off 2x...

NO FUCKING WAY, that happened to my car? DOOD this poor thing, sheesh!
sam31183Jun 25, 2010, 9:46 pm · #157

my boss is a part of the local lions club on the beach...i was stocking up their firework stand in town today and the car was parked across the street....i saw a guy walk by and take a couple of pics of it...

sam31183Jun 27, 2010, 5:20 pm · #158

experimental engineering tc rod bushings are now on the car! These guys are super legit...i had a problem installing these on a sunday and i emailed them a dumb tech question and they got back to me in a hurry...on a sunday!

http://www.club-s12.org/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry306123

the bushing kit is only 28 bucks and pretty much every datsun owner i have talked to has told me that it is like the first thing they install on their cars because they do so much for the car and because they are so cheap. As soon as i get a chance to beat on the s12 I will be sure to tell you guys what i think of em!

LyniumJun 27, 2010, 8:14 pm · #159

this threads hilarious! haha! and good job with the auto-x fun!

I would love to get my hands on that yellow formula1 style kart...
got kids, cars, dog, ole lady and several limbs to trade for it!!

FYI if toe is the cause of your tire wear, it will cause both tires to wear... toe out balances itself out between the tires to drive straight. if its one side thats out, IE one tie rod threaded in or out and hte other ones fine, it will affect the other side as well.
Your steering wheel will be out.
say if you are .4degrees out on one side,then while driving straight down the road, both sides will be .2 out, causing equivelant wear.

Jeesh.. I dont know how many times I've pointed this out!!! lol

beyond that, how bout some vids!!!!

sam31183Jun 27, 2010, 8:23 pm · #160

there are some autox vids in the build thread i think...if not they are in the club gallery...

http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=29888

well the toe was out like 2 degrees on the drivers side and 1 degree out on the passenger...

MaxpowJun 28, 2010, 7:46 pm · #161
Arro
NO FUCKING WAY, that happened to my car? DOOD this poor thing, sheesh!
lol.

sam31183
experimental engineering tc rod bushings are now on the car! These guys are super legit...i had a problem installing these on a sunday and i emailed them a dumb tech question and they got back to me in a hurry...on a sunday!

http://www.club-s12.org/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry306123

the bushing kit is only 28 bucks and pretty much every datsun owner i have talked to has told me that it is like the first thing they install on their cars because they do so much for the car and because they are so cheap. As soon as i get a chance to beat on the s12 I will be sure to tell you guys what i think of em!


Those look sick, I'm thinking I'll be getting some soon.
sam31183Jun 28, 2010, 9:07 pm · #162

28 bucks is hella cheap and totally worth it.

sam31183Jul 19, 2010, 7:25 pm · #163

sound deadening removal....ugh, i hate this shit.

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

I am going to finish the back tomorrow...the tunnel in the back needs to be scraped along with behind the drivers side. Wednesday I am going to wire brush the excess off and then most likely primer everything....i dont know about a color yet....meh. I drove the car yesterday some after doing the front drivers side and the back passenger side and it seemed louder in the car...but i dont care. The sound deadening was gross from sucking up 25 years worth of carpet run off and god knows what else.

Navy_Mech2Jul 19, 2010, 7:30 pm · #164
sam31183
and god knows what else.

25 year old love stains lol
sam31183Jul 27, 2010, 6:30 pm · #165

I havent gotten around to removing the sound deadening remnants...I have some floor stipper that I am going to try...but i need to buy some primer also for after i strip it.

I did run with a new wrx around the loop yesterday. I know the kid and I know that he isnt the worlds greatest driver...so I was really impressed by the car. He has ran the loop a number of times, so he knows the road...but i know for a fact i am more skilled than he is. I could tell though that the wrx had way more grip...i managed to pull away from him some in some sections...but others i felt like he was pressuring quite well. Also I wasnt able to capitalize as much as I had wanted to on the awds disadvantage....I normally enter corners with about 6 or 7/10ths commitment and exit out more at like 8 or 9.5/10ths commitment. Its partially because of my driving style, and partially because of safety concerns...I have plenty of front end grip...but i hate understeering so much...

IggyEGuanaJul 28, 2010, 12:36 am · #166

thats what i'm fuckin talkin about!  some real drivers! too many lames on this forum

wtf loop is this?

sam31183Jul 28, 2010, 2:26 pm · #167

Cape Disappointment Lighthouse loop...I  will see if I can google maps it later sometime. Most of it is 3rd gear corners with a lot of crazy elevation changes...there also isnt to many places to mess up. It is one of two places I like to use...the other one is the Willapa Bay road...which is a section of highway 101...its mostly 4th gear corners...there is one 3rd gear corner though. In the z there was only a couple cars that could touch me out there. On the loop my brothers ae86 does really well because of how light it is...

hotdoghogieJul 28, 2010, 2:37 pm · #168

Dude you never heard of using dry ice on sound deadening?... it comes right off and leaves almost no aftermath. lol

sam31183Jul 28, 2010, 2:47 pm · #169

I have...but the nearest place to get dry ice is like 45 mins away...also i was bored so picking at it was a non issue for me.

sr5guruAug 23, 2010, 3:25 pm · #170

Are those jdm clear corners sam your so awsome

sam31183Aug 23, 2010, 5:18 pm · #171

/\ my brother...he is a comedian...lol.

sam31183Oct 8, 2010, 10:14 pm · #172

my brother wont stop ragging about the exhaust...updates are on the way....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180552466416&viewitem=

sam31183Dec 2, 2011, 3:45 am · #173

This build thread now features a comprehensive photo history in the first post of this thread...its crazy to see how far this car has come in like 2 or 3 years...

KevinJDMDec 2, 2011, 3:09 pm · #174

I just read the whole thread, wondering when the postings would enter 2011, but it went right from October 2010, to today...in your last posts lol. Great job on all your work. It must be cool to look back on your old posts and see how far you have come. Its inspiring...haha

sam31183Dec 3, 2011, 2:32 am · #175

recents incase anyone was wondering...lawlz. Instead of updating my build thread i was posting up dates on my car in relevant tech threads...

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

shit ton of rear camber...
posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

sam31183Apr 17, 2012, 5:27 pm · #176

spindle broke awhile back....waited awhile to get new spindle/strut tube so i could put coilovers back together....brother threw boxes on s12...got the tube modified today...re assembling everything tomorrow night....

posted image

RedneckApr 17, 2012, 5:35 pm · #177

So I take it you've just been driving your new pathfinder? Sucks to hear you broke your spindle :(. Keep us updated with how it goes tomorrow night!

sam31183Apr 17, 2012, 5:39 pm · #178

bah, i got a 96 blazer, the pathfinder i wanted to get the transmission was going out on so i found the blazer on craigslist local...its fully loaded and i got it for 1500 and it has a new alternator, airflow meter, and heater core. So far I have done a tune up, flushed the fluids and beaten on it on the beach and on some dirt roads...it does fine and its been super reliable. I miss driving the car though....even though the gf hates it.


Post Merge: 06:55:24 PM / 17-Apr-12

posted image
ArroApr 17, 2012, 7:37 pm · #179

I think I'm gonna build a set of those front coilovers this fall.

Oh and I love your car but it's time to give it a professional buff and wax to bring back that shine ;)

sam31183Apr 18, 2012, 11:58 pm · #180

it needs it bad...i keep contemplating just swapping everything over to the silver hatch, selling or trading off the ca18det, and finding a kade to build and supercharge. I love the notch though...


Post Merge: 11:58:57 PM / 18-Apr-12

Forgot to mention car is back on the road, but i have to work this weekend and there is an autox....ugh. I drove it on the loop tonight...I had missed the backfiring sounds...but I had totally forgot how to drive this thing for a good 10 minutes or more.