Well I sent him messages on facebook, I know he've read them (profile picture have changed since) but he don't really seem to give a fuck since he just don't reply... At that point it's going to either see what Zastaba can do for molding or a guessed copy from pictures gathered online.. which isn't exactly the most accurate way...it suck but the bumpers would have been much harder to do this way than the sideskirts.
Or maybe a good soul from north carolina could be nice enough to see Henge in person. He seemed to be willing to ship them until he realize that the sideskirt are a bit harder to ship than he originally thought. If i can find someone else to ship it that would be awesome. I'll throw some cash in for the effort done!!! anyway in that case pm me I have his contact infos (tel, address, etc.)
Madd/Erebuni kit reintroduction
wait, so to start the process we just need to get side skirts from henge up in canada ?
ok how bout all of us that are interested chip in $5 to $10 dollars gas, and one of the northern members drive and pick them up. I think I even have a time-share up in canada that can be used to save hotel money.
If you guys find a way of getting them to Vermont or upstate New-York, I could take them from there to Montreal (final destination)... I would suggest finding everyone that are interested in them and try to "relay race" those skirt across the US... might be a little far fetch, but I guess that would probably be the cheapest
fyneyoungstunna on 11:17:26 PM / 28-Dec-11wait, so to start the process we just need to get side skirts from henge up in canada ?
ok how bout all of us that are interested chip in $5 to $10 dollars gas, and one of the northern members drive and pick them up. I think I even have a time-share up in canada that can be used to save hotel money.
That's pretty much it, it's a 28hrs drive for me (56hrs round trip) so it's kind of out of question. All I need is a member willing to take the time to pick them up at his place and get them there. I haven't give the guy a call yet, mostly because he don't even know I have his phone number (found it from people smart for 1.38$) so it's a bit creepy and I've prefered to try to talk to him online...didn't work tho.
I'll keep you guys updated, and lemme know if you know someone who could get them! and as tommy said, we can get them once they are close enough.
Come on nor-cal guys!
tommy on 06:42:19 PM / 30-Dec-11Come on nor-cal guys!
Lol tommy my bad, I meant north carolina and forgot that by norcal they mean north california.. so yeah the skirts are in north CAROLINA
wait so now im confused. we need to go to Canada, or we need to go to North Carolina?
the skirts need to go from north carolina to get to canada...so go road trip your ass off and make a bad movie about it....oh, and someone hassss to get laid on the way!
Oh I seeeee! lol That's like 1/4 the distance I had in view lol
I know we have members in Virginia, Pennsylvania and Vermont, we just need to relay race those sideskirts... then I can pick them up somewhere in Vermont and go across the border (might be easier for a Canadian to cross the border with them anyway) If that's a plan...
We are only missing help from a couple other guys in between Québec and North CAROLINA...
If I had a reliable vehicle and a lil help with gas money I'd gladly pick them up in NC and take them as far as Scranton, PA.
I'll see what I can come up with....
we are still on it. The kit has been fitted properly. In order to make a good quality finished we decided that the kit should be painted first. Real is repainting his car this winter. The kit is going to be painted at the same time. Once properly painted, we will proceed with making the molds. We are still debating about making it ourself or paying someone with more experience.
I've got a few names of peoples in my area that might be willing to help us in this. 3 fiberglass boat builders and one teaching auto bodywork and do fiberglass jobs on his free time.
I don't think the molds will be produced this winter, maybe sometimes next summer? We will see. Meanwhile I'm piling some dough in case we get someone to do it for us.
You are doing this the right way by having the kit fitted first on the car. My mistake with the Impul kit was not having the kit properly supported (ie. on the car), and so when the mold was made in China all the curvatures were not correct, thus making the fitting a real pain. The kit should be painted before you make the mold but the heat generated from the catalyst process could melt the paint,yes, even factory paint on a Honda Civic, so my suggestion is to have just the body kit part painted first then have the whole car reprinted after the kit is made. I wish you guys are on my side of Canada because I have a lot of valuable experiance I can share from my body kit making venture.
mind sending me your contact in pm? (facebook or else) I'm sure you could help us quite a bit with it.
And I didn't think that the heat could be great to the point of melting the paint through the gelcoat (because we are going to put a layer of gelcoat on the kit and then build the fiberglass layers from there)
Ok, some progress have been done. Real just bought a 1977 celica GT an is going to be out of the S12 game. So he's selling me the whole kit which I'll buy in the end of april when I get off ship... it's somewhat expensive but I know that's what he paid for it with the shipping from across the states. Not gonna say the price here cuz people will call me crazy :P The good news in that is that now we won't have to try to accomodate both of us to get the free time to do it (we live 4.5hrs away) and since I work on a month on/ month off schedule, I'll have time to do it properly with the kit in my possession.
I also found a nissan enthousiast that used to work in the composite industries and have made molds for snomobile parts, kayak, etc, he's willing to show me the tricks of the trade and mold the front bumper with me (the hardest part to mold) for very little money as long I bring the material. I'll post pictures when I get the kit.
Right now I'm not planning to get on the molding process before the beginning of fall 2013 though, I have some more projects I need to finish on my S12 and a catamaran I wanna finish restoring.
Also, I am trying to gather information on this kit. It say MADD on the rear bumper and we scored some new uninstalled sideskirt with the MADD logo on them too (the one from Henge didn't have those logo). I think I recall reading somewhere MADD made this kit first and then have been copied by erebuni. If anyone can chime in information on this that'll be appreciated. So far I couldn't find anything about MADD but this: http://www.geocities.co.jp/MotorCity/9185/phm1/mad/mad.html
You are the man!
Been bored and I decided to make some bodywork experimentation on paint to get an idea of what I would like my wide version to looks like. What do you guys think? Boner or downer?
Ew, notch.
SchizophrenicMC on 05:02:03 PM / 04-Apr-13Ew, notch.
Lol, it's not like I was going to add a hatch to my car anytime soon, so I chopped the roof on the picture and made a notch out of it. Anyway, the question is not about the notch love/hate, it's about the aero kit (widened fender, ducktail, bodykit)
Not really a fan of wide fenders or ducktails, so you'll get no love from me.
If the wing was just a bit smaller id dig it a bit more, I can definitely see it working on a two tone or three tone car though. The Full White theme just isn't doing it for me.
Also, try bringing up the front fender up a little. It looks like it would rub on lowered cars tucking tire.
Edit: 1000 posts wooot!