Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Project: Phoenix

Started by deco · May 5, 2011 · 225postsSMF 2010–26

sideways_s12Jun 30, 2016, 5:54 pm · #201

Definitly I would love the help maybe on a friday after you get off because I work sat and sun... or you'd have to be over early on sat or sun because I work at 6pm

WonderingravenJun 30, 2016, 6:34 pm · #202

ah, friday after work could work.

sideways_s12Jun 30, 2016, 10:30 pm · #203

What time do you get off?

WonderingravenJun 30, 2016, 10:39 pm · #204

4pm ish, might be a stormy weekend though.

sideways_s12Jul 1, 2016, 12:10 pm · #205

Yeah looks like it, it doesn't have to be this weekend...

WonderingravenJul 1, 2016, 12:28 pm · #206

Nope, anytime really. I got the ca18e to put back together.

sideways_s12Jul 1, 2016, 1:23 pm · #207

ok

WonderingravenJul 1, 2016, 2:40 pm · #208

/Story telling mode on

This reminds me of the time when I installed the Apexi AFC on the sev6, when I would touch the ECU it would short out and that is how I ended up in the sand trap.

posted image

Shorting out due to one wire had a bad connection.

/Story telling mode off

sideways_s12Jul 2, 2016, 2:58 am · #209

lol shitty I figure theres a bad connection in the harness but I dont want to pull it and unwrap it and go through it...

sideways_s12Jul 3, 2016, 11:20 pm · #210

I need to fix the fender Door issue I have...

sideways_s12Dec 31, 2016, 6:41 pm · #211

Ok a little update, if anyone is paying attention lol I will have an ecu soon as the previous one blew and hopefully I can find an oem maf as I suspect the one on the car is done. hopefully I'll be driving it i january...

sideways_s12Jan 14, 2017, 4:17 pm · #212

got 2 ecus coming will be shipped on monday along with a maf hopefully I get the problem sorted so I can get her on the road!

sideways_s12Jan 21, 2017, 3:10 pm · #213

Woot ecu is here now waiting on the maf and hopefully she will be running in the few weeks after!

sideways_s12Feb 11, 2017, 3:04 pm · #214

welp got the ecu and maf installed bith and the problem still exists checked tps and that didn't do anything.... I don't know what to do or where to go from here...

WonderingravenFeb 11, 2017, 3:12 pm · #215

What is the error again?

sideways_s12Feb 11, 2017, 4:35 pm · #216

super rich @ idle super lean when gas is pressed bogs and wants to die until you let off

WonderingravenFeb 12, 2017, 11:34 am · #217

Some ideas I came up with.

Check for vacuum leaks? including where it matches to the head? and boost leaks? maybe faulty intercooler?
O2 sensor?
Injectors I assume are in working order or maybe they are clogged?

seems to be an issue since it was put back together with ben, maybe it would be a good time to revisit how it was put back together. it could be possible that one of the intake to the head bolts is not fully tight to spec causing a slight vacuum leak.

Is it running a cat?

sideways_s12Feb 13, 2017, 8:11 pm · #218

Turns out the afc was fucking shit up pulled that out and the idle cleared up richness went away and runs better now. I do have a boost leak tho as she won't boost past 2 psi...

WonderingravenFeb 13, 2017, 9:17 pm · #219

sweet!

sideways_s12Mar 4, 2017, 2:34 pm · #220

Fixed the boost leak and the water pump takes a shit. Will it ever end...

CzechSilviaMar 4, 2017, 3:45 pm · #221
sideways_s12 on 02:34:31 PM / 04-Mar-17Fixed the boost leak and the water pump takes a shit. Will it ever end...

No, from my experience it does not. You fix one thing and during that process you find another two issues that need to be addressed. That's the s12 life
sideways_s12Apr 22, 2017, 4:39 pm · #222

Welp back to square one. fixed the water pump and the rad springs a leak. on top of that my original problem with the maf came back...

Cajun1guyApr 27, 2017, 7:55 pm · #223

Gotta love it! Car just wants your undivided attention and love   :yes:

sideways_s12May 6, 2017, 10:57 pm · #224

Lol That's kinda hard when you work 7 days a week lol But I got a rad from Wandering so that issue will be fixed and then it'll be back to maf wiring...

sideways_s12Jan 27, 2021, 9:25 pm · #225

Turned out the issue was the fuel pump smh... I found that out immedietly after I sold it. I kick myself for selling it.