Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Project: Fairlady Silvia - 1987 200sx SEv6...

Started by Wonderingraven · Jun 1, 2011 · 909postsSMF 2010–26

WonderingravenJan 7, 2023, 11:28 pm · #901

Made a great deal of progresss today, I've finally pulled the fuel tank to really wash it up and clean it out as I am waiting for a secondary pump to arive.
Post Merge



heck yeah, the flushing and soaking is doing some magic, vinegar / baking soda is like eating the varnish and rust away.
Now I just wait for the AEM fuelpump to come in for this one.
When time permits this week, I am going to shift focus on Project: Serenity.
sideways_s12Jan 10, 2023, 1:56 pm · #902

Good to know that the vinegar and backing soda work in te event I have to do the same thing with the red car…

WonderingravenJan 10, 2023, 4:55 pm · #903

highly recomended before stuffing a fuel pump inside.
still soaking while I am waiting for the fuel pump to come in and it's been rainy as AF out

sideways_s12Jan 14, 2023, 1:13 pm · #904

Yeah will probably do it while waiting for parts as well

WonderingravenJan 15, 2023, 1:52 am · #905

Hopefully it doesn't rain all day sunday, I am working from home all week so if it gets slow I'll try to sneak in the fuel tank reinstall / pump reinstall.
Post Merge



Fuel tank needs to be rinses, so I didn't get  a chance to acquire some fluids to processed this, but the soaking of the baking soda / vineager & distilled water was golden, anything left over I was able to wipe away with a rag.
This tank has alot of things in the way so I can't put my hand on them to clean it away so I need something maybe I can just dump some fresh fuel to wash around and clean up the left over.

Fuel pump assembly is free from rust as well, all the rust left over was able to be wipped off with a rag, so I was thinking of replacing the wiring as they are old and the tops move around and if they move around pressure build up will leak out and let air in.

https://conceptzperformance.com/blog/defeating-the-stock-fuel-control-system-addendum/

Pretty much doing the rubber expanding well nuts and rubber gromets I got around and doing a connector for this.
sideways_s12Jan 18, 2023, 3:05 pm · #906

That's dope I'll definitely have to do that to the red car once I get the pump situation figured out…

WonderingravenJan 23, 2023, 4:26 pm · #907

been sooo cold this weeekend, but the fuel tank is cleaned out as much as it can be, I need to get the rubber wells from home depot when I get a chance this week and if the weather permits, reinstall and dump 5gal of fresh gas.

WonderingravenFeb 12, 2023, 11:41 pm · #908

Been a weird weekend of laziness and lack of motivation.  I got the whole week off this week, so I am focusing on getting my fuel pump reinstalled, dump some gas. Meanwhile, I just started a test modifcation to the fuel assembly. I posted on IG for now, but I'll link later when the product is more finished.
Post Merge



scratch that I had to take my brother to the ER then to a dentist today for an emergency extraction of a tooth, I just barely got home =( it's been a long day, so hopefully tomorrow.
WonderingravenApr 30, 2024, 8:56 pm · #909

I've made some traction here with the motor setup. 

But I am stuck in a mode of the idle being random from 300 - 1500, I had to increase the fuel pressure to between 45-50psi just to get the response with the throttle.

Rebuilt the turbo so it is no longer tossing oil into the exhaust.
I want to really get back into drifting but this setup is starting to bother me.

https://youtu.be/vLi73OOa_VE