Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

kade s12

Started by turbo-s12 · Nov 21, 2011 · 109postsSMF 2010–26

420-86notchSep 12, 2012, 2:43 pm · #51

turbo what did that front lip come off of?

turbo-s12Sep 14, 2012, 11:59 pm · #52

volvo

turbo-s12Sep 23, 2012, 6:36 pm · #53

Ok so I went to get a new alt the one I had tested bad so they gave me a new one that tested good before I put it on. Now I've put it on and its still doing the same thing..... not charging till revd to 3-4k...maybe its not the alt at all??
Post Merge


Someone suggested to run a new ground so ima try that...
I_heart_VVLSep 23, 2012, 9:40 pm · #54

take it off and test it again i know its a pain in the dick, but this has happened with me.
and not just with the S12 lol.

turbo-s12Sep 24, 2012, 1:04 am · #55

its a little annoying contstantly takin it out but i may have to do it
Post Merge


F@#$% i took it out and got it tested and its perfectly fine.... I really have no idea whats causing this!
420-86notchSep 24, 2012, 7:59 pm · #56

silly question but have you checked your gauge? test the volts from under the hood? seems simple but maybe worth a look

rednucleusSep 24, 2012, 8:08 pm · #57

They should be able to test it in the car too

turbo-s12Sep 24, 2012, 9:12 pm · #58

not the gauge its been tested in the car...thanks though

rednucleusSep 25, 2012, 3:44 pm · #59

So when tested in the car does it show no output till high revs? Think only thing that would do that is the voltage regulator which is part of the alternater.  Hear any belt slipping?

turbo-s12Sep 25, 2012, 5:47 pm · #60

no belts slippin but ya it fails in the car unless i rev it then it passes....then take it out and it passes also...but when tested in car it says bad volt reg

rifelman1993Apr 16, 2013, 1:03 am · #61

How much for the right lower control arm? If my deal falls through ill get yours.

turbo-s12Apr 16, 2013, 1:07 am · #62

um like 60?

turbo-s12Apr 18, 2013, 10:28 pm · #63

Got this in the mail today along with a pbm shift knob and drift button
posted image
Post Merge


Although the assholes forgot to ship the nrg hub with it
rifelman1993Apr 19, 2013, 5:06 am · #64

Icwant bro that looks nice

turbo-s12Apr 19, 2013, 6:53 pm · #65

Looks to be of pretty good quality but we'll see over time

night_s12Apr 19, 2013, 9:08 pm · #66

I have a 6hole quick release hub. But its not a short one.

turbo-s12Apr 19, 2013, 9:43 pm · #67

what brand?

turbo-s12Apr 23, 2013, 10:39 pm · #68

The z31 trailing arms can be used on s12s right?

turbo-s12Apr 26, 2013, 10:35 pm · #69

hub finally arrived
posted image

Colonel GustardApr 26, 2013, 11:51 pm · #70
turbo-s12 on 10:39:45 PM / 23-Apr-13The z31 trailing arms can be used on s12s right?
yes they can, not sure how the brakes in the rear interchange. Just get the Z vented rear brakes
rifelman1993Apr 27, 2013, 1:18 am · #71

what kind of hub did you use? how much did you spend for both?
looks nice in there man

night_s12Apr 27, 2013, 1:47 am · #72

I gotta ask. What is up with your wiper stalk?

turbo-s12Apr 27, 2013, 9:39 am · #73

Nrg slim hub was 100 grip royal royal sleek 140 but I got it for 120
Post Merge


What u mean because its just a stick instead of the fancy ones?
night_s12Apr 27, 2013, 10:59 am · #74

Lol no offense meant man I actually like how that looks

turbo-s12Apr 27, 2013, 3:31 pm · #75

no offense taken i do like the look better but the ones with the delay switch is better imo

turbo-s12May 6, 2013, 8:15 pm · #76

Not much of an update cleaned the shit out of the diff to get it ready for paint.
posted image

rifelman1993May 7, 2013, 11:45 pm · #77

R200?

night_s12May 8, 2013, 3:43 am · #78

Most likely. Waiting on my mount too lol

turbo-s12May 8, 2013, 6:21 pm · #79

yes its an r200
Post Merge


posted image
Painting done i used POR-15. Ive never used this stuff before and im impressed.

Post Merge
Btw i know my drying rack(chair) is ghetto
rednucleusMay 9, 2013, 1:03 pm · #80

That's a fine drying rack - how much shipped to 98271?

turbo-s12May 9, 2013, 7:01 pm · #81

Lol for you cheap $300

turbo-s12May 16, 2013, 8:34 pm · #82

Decided it was time to buff the s12 and see how good the paint can look so went to a buddys detail shop in marysville.
posted image
posted image
Finished product
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image

rednucleusMay 16, 2013, 9:58 pm · #83

Hey Turbo is that Austin's place?  Car looks really nice - no I mean really really nice!! And that's original paint too?

turbo-s12May 16, 2013, 11:39 pm · #84

yup all original....no its not austins shop
Post Merge


and thanks
burritomannnMay 22, 2013, 8:20 pm · #85

Paint shines, nice notch!

I_heart_VVLMay 25, 2013, 2:42 pm · #86

So good!

What's up with your front alignment mang?

turbo-s12May 25, 2013, 9:31 pm · #87

Front alignment?
Post Merge


And thanks I'm happy with how the car has turned out.
turbo-s12Jun 25, 2013, 11:19 pm · #88

Well not much to update picked up a full turbo lip kit in awesome shape and took the 12 to work and put the r200 in.....
posted image
posted image
Got it all bolted up and the r180 driveline doesn't bolt up...
Post Merge


Btw I used a z31 r200 s12 r200 diff mount z31 axles(same as s12 r200 axles) and for the driveline I think an SE is needed.
I_heart_VVLJun 27, 2013, 2:14 am · #89

Turbo or SE rear driveshaft should do the trick :)

turbo-s12Jun 27, 2013, 3:29 pm · #90

Turbo drive shaft is the same as my r180 ca20 driveshaft I already tried it.

Colonel GustardJun 27, 2013, 4:50 pm · #91

Turbo driveshaft is r200, that one will work. You must have gotten another driveshaft then

turbo-s12Jun 27, 2013, 7:38 pm · #92

No it wont work with a z31 r200 I personally pulled the driveline from a turbo s12 not a match.
Post Merge


Im having a custom one piece driveline made anyway im sick of quessing what will work and delaying this  anymore.
turbo-s12Jun 29, 2013, 12:26 am · #93

Well picked up the driveline today and went to put it in and the assholes made it too long...so now I have to wait till monday to get it fixed

rednucleusJun 29, 2013, 12:30 am · #94

Gotta love quality engineering

night_s12Jun 29, 2013, 2:35 am · #95

hey man sorry i didnt get that measurement in time for you. been busy with the new house.

sooo about the flaps, still want thm?
Post Merge


glad the mount cleaned nice too. covered in crud wen i sent it lol
turbo-s12Jun 29, 2013, 4:54 pm · #96

Ya I couldnt wait so we just had a driveline made.... and srry but when I went looking for drivelines I picked up a whole turbo lip kit so I wont be needing them
ya there was a pound of dirt in the bottom of the bag lol thanks again
Post Merge


rednucleus on 12:30:03 AM / 29-Jun-13Gotta love quality engineering
last time I had one made from them they made it too long I shouldnt have came back for another one....btw its drivelines nw
night_s12Jun 29, 2013, 6:21 pm · #97

Its all good man glad you got what you needed.

turbo-s12Jul 1, 2013, 3:07 pm · #98

Well pickin up the driveline today hopefully it fits this time

KevinJDMJul 6, 2013, 7:55 pm · #99

How'd it go?

turbo-s12Jul 6, 2013, 8:18 pm · #100

Terrible driveline fits but now ive found out the pinion bearings bad and whines the whole time I drive it...but thats what happens when you buy used. Were just gunna put the old r180 back in for now.... and either just do the bearing or lsd it and do the bearing all at the same time