Browse › Community ›Introductions

New to forum, from VA (Currently z32 looking to go s12)

Started by ZX Knight · Dec 27, 2012 · 62postsSMF 2010–26

ZX KnightJan 22, 2013, 1:11 pm · #51
turbo-s12 on 12:52:28 PM / 22-Jan-13i think what ive heard is you have to use an escort tie rod for it to work

Ill check that out.  From just a picture they look about an inch shorter and that would do the trick.  May have to tweek  the following in the suspension build thread.
Option 4:
S13 setup
   -s13 control arm
   -s13 spindle
   -s13 Brake caliper hoses
   -s13 5-lug conversion hub  /// -stock S13 4-lug

The other question is should i have to modify the LCA (S13) to except the Tension bar (S13) because of the S14 Tension rod bracket?

Thanks for all the help..... its really coming together in my head.

turbo-s12Jan 22, 2013, 1:22 pm · #52

Jays the guy to ask about the escort tie rod end i think hes the one that came up with it

sideways_s12Jan 22, 2013, 3:26 pm · #53

Check this thread should have all your answers....   

http://club-s12.org/retro4/index.php?topic=18617.0

ZX KnightJan 22, 2013, 3:53 pm · #54

Thanks but I have already reffernced that thread and it there are some holes in the info.  Like option 4 (which is what I went with) leaves you with toe in but Option 2 has you use the Escort tie rod which may  be the saving grace for me and option 4.

Option 4:
S13 setup
   -s13 control arm
   -s13 spindle
   -s13 Brake caliper hoses
   -s13 5-lug conversion hub  /// -stock S13 4-lug

 
Option 2:
s12-S13 hybrid
 -S13 balljoint
 -S13 spindle
 -S13 5-lug conversion /// -stock S13 4-lugs
 -S13 Brake caliper hoses (Optional, but recommended as the S12 hoses stretch a little tight)
 -S12 stock control arm
 -S13 tie rods, and 1995 ford escort tie rod ends /// S12 tie rods, A1 tie rod ends (http://shop.a1racing.com/dgt100.aspx)

sideways_s12Jan 24, 2013, 9:59 pm · #55

ahh ok

ZX KnightJan 28, 2013, 10:08 am · #56

Okay...so this weekend I put in more work and the 95 Escort Tie rods work
posted image

While I was at it I though I would take some pics to point out the areas of modification that are needed (I saw them in the suspension thread but didnt fully understand  it)

You have to slot out a hole in the LCA for the tension rod to be able to bolt in (ill fix mine later)
posted image

You can 100% run s13 shocks and springs.  In order to do this you need to compress the spring and turn the Hat around.  Then drill a whole in the hat for the stut pole lock washer to sit in.  Then bolt it back up and ur good to go.
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image

ZX KnightJan 29, 2013, 2:48 pm · #57

I had a idea today while looking at suspensions.  Has anybody looked at using Genesis Rspec stock suspension......looks like it would fit with minor mod.       Any thoughts?

ZX KnightJan 30, 2013, 9:43 pm · #58

Got some rims today...yay.  Only got 3 tho, so im on the look at for the 4th.    (rim is just sitting in front of the wheels...lol)
posted image

d_k_jose_s12Jan 30, 2013, 10:29 pm · #59

wow nice work let me know if you want to sell me those stock rims

ZX KnightJan 31, 2013, 10:36 am · #60

Yea ...ill sell them.  I just to get a 4th rim and some tires.  Ill let you know when

sideways_s12Mar 19, 2013, 10:59 am · #61

Lol I know that feeling I got three cars im contending with

ZX KnightMar 19, 2013, 3:43 pm · #62

When are they gonna prefect this cloning thing.. I could use 2 more mes' for a coulple weeks.  They cant ride the bikes or drive the cars!! LMAO.... and once the work is done, they gotta go.  So maybe just some rental clones.

On another note... Does anybody want / need a CA20 (parts or whole) or an s13 auto tranny.  (cheap)