Well.... I have no pics of my S12 at this moment, so these'll have to do. These are pics of my '90 240 with an R32 Skyline GTS-t front end conversion. Dubbed affectionately "SkyEighty". Had a turbo KA24E, decent... but I gave up on it... it was WAAAAAY too expensive to get this to work right so I ditched the project along with all my parts I COULD be using now :wall: SkyEighty Pic#1[/a]
[URL=attachment.php?attachmentid=28361&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1135304392]SkyEighty Pic#2[/a]
[URL=attachment.php?attachmentid=28362&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1135304392]SkyEighty Pic#3[/a] [URL=attachment.php?attachmentid=28363&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1135304392]SkyEighty Pic#4[/a] (http://attachment.php?attachmentid=28360&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1135304392)
Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects
Post up a pic of your ride!
Crap... it didn't work. This is the thread, somehow the pictures got on a Honda forum... I dunno how. If you look up Sky Eighty on a search forum you'll probably find pics of my car on a million sites, red and blue.
SkyEighty Thread[/a] (http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1795368)
This is my work in progress, i'll get some more pics of the work thats been done when i get them onto the comp
(http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/2222000-2222999/2222155_1_full.jpg)
its a nov '83 build for the 84 mod
so far i have:
The custom boot compleated, minus subs, the boot has been upholsterd with vinyl :D
the parcel shelf, it too has been vinyled, with my rogers 6" components
half the back seat has been coverd, hand sewn out of blue and black suede.... mmmm soft....
still have to finish the rest of the seats, get the subs and one more amp in, head unit, doors back together, finish the alarm system, then look at what need to be done for RW
this is my other s12, a 83 hatch(http://)
Aus s12's represent....
Sounds and looks like they are comming along nicely...
Although somewhat illegal looking the green one looks good!
thank you for your nice comment. wait till my other gazelle is finished. been est 400-420hp at the rear wheels.
I'd like to see more pics if u have em... many of the Aus12 guys would love to see it too im sure...
I think all will be pleasently supprised when my engine bay is done and she's up and running... :mike: cant wait :D She's already looking very sexy. :sex:
this is my other s12, a 83 hatch(http://
!!!! yea, thats my favorite s12 ca18det
i want to paint my s13 that color
very nice, i saw your car in cardomain with another s12 coupe
nice cooler you got there.
!!!! yea, thats my favorite s12 ca18det
i want to paint my s13 that color
very nice, i saw your car in cardomain with another s12 coupe
wait till my other 84hatch is ready, should be finished in about two weeks. i've changed it from a ca20 to a ca18det that has a bit done to it.
specs; ca18det, port and polished head, forged pistons, 600cc injectors, 600hp fuel pump, surge tank, oil catch can, polished stainless steel 3inch exhaust and 2 3/4 inch intercooler pipes, polished front mount intercooler, looking for front spoiler, lowered king springs with pedders shocks, darkest tint, its got a sunroof and air con that works, a t04e turbo on a polished stainless top mount manifold, 40mm external wastegate with 8.7psi spring, greddy daul stage fully electronic boost controller, greddy fully automatic turbo timer, SSQV bov, still looking at computers and looking for lsd diff, has original red paint thats in really good condition, been rust proofed. i think thats all. let me know what you think please and any other ideas. thank you
not my s12, but my s13 just got a nice facelift yesterday... waiting on the lip for paint.
Got a kouki 180sx bumper used from my friend in kinda rough condition but with the lights for $250! Had to pay $100 for the damn little side pieces though. I also ordered the OEM lip, so that'll be here soon (hopefully...) ;)
(http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/4134kouki_bumper_005.jpg)
(http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/4134kouki_bumper_003.jpg)
(http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/4134kouki_bumper_006.jpg)
and what's underneath all that bumper fun: an R33 GTR intercooler and a B&M oil cooler.
(http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/4134jan06_025.jpg)
(http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/4134jan06_027.jpg)
-Sean
Wow, looks nice... Everyone is getting in to the whole 180sx Type-X look now a days...
My brother got rid of his Type-X 4 1/2 years ago... I still like the type-x though. :hitit:
1 sweet pics, again.
2 you need me to pressure wash your driveway.
3 how much extra oil does it take with the cooler?
1 sweet pics, again.
2 you need me to pressure wash your driveway.
3 how much extra oil does it take with the cooler?
haha thanks. we actually pressure washed it about a year ago... being under the trees and in florida I guess it just molds up quickly. It takes about half to 3/4 of a quart extra at first, but during oil changes it stays the same. Because I don't empty out the cooler when I change the oil.
BASTARD! ... you got my bumper lol
Did you need a JDM support for the OEM bumper to fit or direct bolt on?
Also where did you order the OEM lip from? Last time I found it was from [url]www.phase2motortrend.com[/a] for $399.00
But looking real good. My ride is posted in the previous page. Whent from KAE to DE and plan on adding a -T in the future.
here it is with the fiberglas wing that i pulled off my parts donor hatchback.
(http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/849000-849999/849209_2.jpg)
(http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/849000-849999/849209_3.jpg)
finally i have the pictures to prove the existence of my vg30e coupe.
(http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/849000-849999/849209_17.jpg)
(http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/849000-849999/849209_18.jpg)
(http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/849000-849999/849209_21.jpg)
how did that swap go? sweet ride
BASTARD! ... you got my bumper lol
Did you need a JDM support for the OEM bumper to fit or direct bolt on?
Also where did you order the OEM lip from? Last time I found it was from [url]www.phase2motortrend.com[/a] for $399.00
But looking real good. My ride is posted in the previous page. Whent from KAE to DE and plan on adding a -T in the future.
no bumper support on my car. but yes you need the JDM one if you want to keep it. my intercooler kinda gets in the way of the support, but the bumper didn't fit on the USDM bumper support.
OEM lip is from phase 2. Yes its still $400 :( but it makes or breaks the kouki front end in my opinion...
it was a pain in the ass. i have like 100 hours easily into that swap. and it isnt the best handling car, could be because it has the stock coupe front springs that are only meant to hold up the ca20e lol, but i tell you what it moves! once i get some power steering it will be a fun little car, the only problem is that for somereason it doesnt like to get traction at all lol.
man.... that s13 sits pretty. nice work. should shave the front licence plate mount off too. would smooth out the nose.diggin the black intercoolertoo. its stealth. does painting it have any affect on its preformance?
nice man,
type x is the bestg for s13, nice and sleek
what type of sideskirts are those?
btw , your car makes me want to trade my hatch :p
it was a pain in the ass. i have like 100 hours easily into that swap. and it isnt the best handling car, could be because it has the stock coupe front springs that are only meant to hold up the ca20e lol, but i tell you what it moves! once i get some power steering it will be a fun little car, the only problem is that for somereason it doesnt like to get traction at all lol.
That could be coz ur weight is all at the front... and i dont think ur running particularly fat tyres... VG's have alot more torque than a CA... and well... u need grip to make it stick.
I'd be worried about the tramline effect, steering would not be the greatest.
yeah ur right im only runnin 16x7 in the back and i dont know what the tire size is but its not very much more than the size of the rim, and yeah it does have a lot more weight over the front end now, and like i said i havnt put hevier springs on it yet.
wait till my other 84hatch is ready, should be finished in about two weeks. i've changed it from a ca20 to a ca18det that has a bit done to it.
.... air con that works, a t04e turbo on a polished stainless top mount manifold, 40mm external wastegate with 8.7psi spring...
What's the lag like with the t04e? Would like to know since there are more manifolds (like TOP mount) available for t3/4 than t25/28 on the CA out there....
Updated pics:
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/seishuku/Current%20Look/RightFront011006.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/seishuku/Current%20Look/Engine011006.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/seishuku/Current%20Look/LeftRear011006.jpg)
beautiful. so you got it running ok?
Looks right at home ;-)
My old S13
Sorry, photobucket won't resize for some reason (usually they do?)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/bodaciousbob/onevia1.jpg)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/bodaciousbob/onevia4.jpg)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/bodaciousbob/onevia7.jpg)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/bodaciousbob/onevia3.jpg)
(http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v239/paulettepattinson/enginbay.jpg)
Is that the original Nissan Battery? :O
My old AE86...
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/bodaciousbob/34432.jpg)
Bob please add your location in your User CP.
afew pictures of me and Paul (Piner) sliding my s12 around this past weekend.. good times had by all (even though paul almost stopped my heart afew times getting aweful close to that wall) haha.
staging area:
(http://www.floridaracing.org/drifting/floridadrift2/floridadrift2jerm/images/IMG_4963.jpg)
me in the infield:
(http://www.floridaracing.org/drifting/floridadrift2/floridadrift2jerm/images/IMG_4985.jpg)
me on the oval:
(http://www.floridaracing.org/drifting/floridadrift2/floridadrift2jerm/images/IMG_4986.jpg)
paul on the oval:
(http://www.floridaracing.org/drifting/floridadrift2/images/Picture%20092.jpg)
Sean
sean,
would you consider your s12 as fun as your s13?
when drifting
nice pics sean
sean,
would you consider your s12 as fun as your s13?
when drifting
haha I think the s13 is easier to control, but the s12 is MORE fun to me (I dunno why haha, it just is). I'm doing an s13 front suspension conversion next so that should help with my control problems. The s12 seems to have alot less steering angle than the s13. Therefore it can't get as much angle before full lock and it tends to spin alot because I can't countersteer enough. Other than that I think it starts sliding easier than my s13. I don't even have to clutch kick or e-brake it. Just give it some throttle and the rear end swings out... Its a KA24DE with I/H/E and a welded diff.
edit: one more pic (my favorite one)
(http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/rpmeloy/OSW16_final.jpg)
haha I think the s13 is easier to control, but the s12 is MORE fun to me (I dunno why haha, it just is). I'm doing an s13 front suspension conversion next so that should help with my control problems. The s12 seems to have alot less steering angle than the s13. Therefore it can't get as much angle before full lock and it tends to spin alot because I can't countersteer enough. Other than that I think it starts sliding easier than my s13. I don't even have to clutch kick or e-brake it. Just give it some throttle and the rear end swings out... Its a KA24DE with I/H/E and a welded diff.
Some of us upgrade the Control Arms to S14 Control Arms... it can give you a huge angle in steering... try it out. Randy has them on his car.
really? so I should find s14 control arms rather than s13 ones when doing the front conversion in order to get more steering angle? thanks for the tip :)
Here's my first post on this forum. Howdy boys.
And here's my "daily drive", Nissan 180ZX S12 CA18ET with SAAB 9000 Intercooler, T25 Turbo, 2,5" downpipe, 2,5" exhaust w/o catalytic converter, 200SX S13 clutch, homemade pressurepipes, 300ZX fuelfilter, increased turbopressure from 0.3 bar to 1.0 bar.. etc etc
(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/ostmark/P1010007.jpg)
And here's my favoritcar which currently is down in pieces awaiting some heavy upgrades. Hint = Garrett GT37.. :devil:
(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/ostmark/corre.jpg)
Nice cars, welcome to the club. :)
Nice cars, welcome to the club. :)
Thanks :)
well, I'm new, but you already knew that. I was going to wait on pics til I had
better ones and some more things done to it, but who really cares. it'll just
make it that much better as you guys see how it progresses.
the rear SSR's are 15x7.5 -5, the fronts will make their way over from the
S13 in the near future and are sized 15x8 +14.
if you folks want more info on what all is done to the car, let me know.
(http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c145/continental_drift/001.jpg)
(http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c145/continental_drift/s110a.jpg)
(http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c145/continental_drift/side.jpg)
(http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c145/continental_drift/s110c.jpg)
my s13.
(http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c145/continental_drift/fog.jpg)
Nice S110 :headbang:
thank ya sir :D
Man, I wouldnt mind having a S110 that looks like that.
thanks man, I really appreciate the compliment,
and happy freakin birthday!
I checked out both of your cars, I'm definately impressed.
magnum, those tubular manifolds and the jic coilover conversion
are teh sechz. I am going to have some questions for you, I can
already tell, heh.
glad I finally joined up over here, seems like you guys have some
really great forums.
Micah
(http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL543/4068377/8462458/115035540.jpg)
this is my '84 Nissan Gazelle reco'd ca20 engine, matalic paint, 16's, all new super low lovels springs, Noltec racing bushes, extractors, 2inch piping, 3inch super cat muffler. and a few other things.
I guess I'll post these again. :)
(http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9356/baytown4wq.jpg)
(http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1179/bay64nm.jpg)