Hey I don't have a rpoblem with you coming...the more the merrier...and welcome to the Club. 8)
Browse › Community ›Meets and events
**The Official 2004 East Coast Meet Thead**
This thread was saved without dates. "Around Jul 2004" is estimated from neighbouring threads.
huh you go to appalachin state hell of a party school from my damn parents stories......ummm anyways sorry guys i am not sure if my fj and i are gonna make it i think i'll be in orlando but if it changes i'll let ya'll know cause i would love to get her up there
Sure you're welcome to join us, TJ.
Don't worry about any random emissions testing, like Henge said only a few counties even do emissions testing in NC, and the counties where we're going to be do not. Don't worry about it.
Well the emissions news is good news to me!!! 8)
Only the counties with big cities in NC do emissions testing. I've never heard of 'random' emmisions testing though. I live in Charlotte, Mecklenburg county, and we do emmisions testing. I know other counties like Randolf county, or Catabwa County do not to emmisions testing because they have a much smaller population.
"Random Emissions Testing" WTF !!!
That would suck for anyone who has that.
I would fail like no other,
Turbo...no cat...3" DP...2.5" nocat exhaust...running rich.....lol
The reason I was wondering is because the cops test cars that go to the strips around here. It is rediculous...the cars are always lined up to get in the gate, and the cops just go car by car, to check to see if you are emissions legal...it is relatively inn accurate, but still a giant PITA!!! 8) But if it is rather un heard of the whole time, all the batter!!! 8)
ye, you are safe in the south. :lick: we treat you right
anybody wanna fly me and my s12 over there???
anybody wanna fly me and my s12 over there???
I wish I could afford to do that...
From what I'm reading, it looks like the meet is at Deal's Gap. If so, I'm up for it, as long as my wastegate comes in with enough time to put the car all together. I won't need to stay since I live just a couple hours away. After all the details get ironed out you guys will need to start another thread or edit the first message in this one with the details so people that don't check the board often (like me) will be able to quickly find the info.
Great, we hope to see you there. Though for what the campsites are costing us you'd be better off camping with us than driving a couple hours home. You'd spend more in gasoline.
Good idea on placing the meet info at the beginning of the thread, it's done.
Man, sundayssorrow, I'm bummed you don't think you're going to make it. We were all looking forward to casting our eyes upon the glory that is the FJ, at least I know I was. I'm sure few if any of us have ever seen one before in person. Be sure to let us know if your plans change, even if it's at the last minute we won't care.
Okay, here is the attendance list I have so far for the meet:
cls12vg30 - Raleigh,NC - 88 V6
Henge - Raleigh,NC - 88 V6
Johnnyfive - Browns Mill, NJ - 86 Turbo
Alex Frost - Hampton, ONT - 87 CA20E
YellowPreludeR - Augusta, GA - 85 notch CA20ET
ken - Cleveland, OH - 84 CA20E/88 V6
jsvob03 - Ravenna, OH
oshag03 - Augusta, GA - 88 V6
Tjn182 - Charlotte/Boone,NC - Turbo BMW
one_equals_two - Cookeville, TN - 86 Turbo
CU Zcar (possible) - Greenville,SC - 85 CA20E/78 280Z
Krazy Skwerel II (possible) - Lebanon, TN - 84 CA20E
project200sx (possible) - Canton, OH - 86 CA20E
Anybody else planning on coming or a possibility?
Damn. Good list so far.
SWEEEEEET!!!!! :headbang:
Okay, here is the attendance list I have so far for the meet:
cls12vg30 - Raleigh,NC - 88 V6
Henge - Raleigh,NC - 88 V6
Johnnyfive - Browns Mill, NJ - 86 Turbo
Alex Frost - Hampton, ONT - 87 CA20E
YellowPreludeR - Augusta, GA - 85 notch CA20ET
ken - Cleveland, OH - 84 CA20E/88 V6
jsvob03 - Ravenna, OH
oshag03 - Augusta, GA - 88 V6
Tjn182 - Charlotte/Boone,NC - Turbo BMW
CU Zcar (possible) - Greenville,SC - 85 CA20E/78 280Z
Krazy Skwerel II (possible) - Lebanon, TN - 84 CA20E
project200sx (possible) - Canton, OH - 86 CA20E
Anybody else planning on coming or a possibility?You don't have one equals two there...8)
So who's bringing the beer? :cheers:
I mean I can bring a case if you want, what brand?
You don't have one equals two there...
Oops, my mistake. Edited......
tj if you want to bring a case of beer nobody is going to argue with you. 8-)
Actually I was thinking that we should come up with a plan for what people are bringing, what we want to do for food, activities, etc.
Friday night will probably just be hanging at the campsite, chattin' and checking out cars as people trickle in.
Of course Saturday I figure we'll spend most of the day on the road, head out to Deal's Gap in the morning, maybe hit the Blue Ridge Parkway in the afternoon. :burnout:
I figure Saturday night is probably the only dinner we really have to worry about, what with people arriving at various times Friday evening, people will probably have eaten on the road. If not, there's several fast-food places down the road. So if we want to do the hot dog thing Saturday night would be the night to do it I guess.
Anybody else want to volunteer to bring anything?
Here's some stuff I figure we'll need:
-hot dogs, buns & condiments, plus tongs or kabobs to cook them on.
-various beverages
-Paper plates, plasticware, cups, etc.
-firewood (might be available for purchase at the campground)
-Anybody with two-way radios, CB's, walkie-talkies, etc. BRING 'EM. Getting everybody where we need to go will be a lot easier if at least some of us can communicate with each other on the road.
That's all I can think of right now..can you guys think of anything else?
Do you know if we'll have electricity? If we do, that opens up a world of equipment that I could bring.
yea they have electric there. I am not sure how extensive though
Yeah like playstations and stuff! 8-) j/k
Me and Yellow already have two walkie-talkies in our cars for when we drive around. I'll bring a case of Coors Light to share with everyone, maybe two who knows.
Well the RV sites have electrical hookups. I don't know about the tent sites, which is what we'll be on. I wouldn't count on it.
"Most sites are shaded and creekside
All RV sites have water, electric, sewer, cable, and are wired for phone
Tent sites on the creek have water, electric, cable and a tenter's kitchen cable
Courtesy phone on premises
Modem hook-up
Clean bathhouse with hot showers and laundromat
Great playground for the kids just across the footbridge
Recreation area with badminton, volleyball, horse shoes, hammocks and swings
Pet Friendly" - website
Good eyes, tj, I didn't even notice that. Both the sites we have reserved are on the creek, so I guess that means we can count on electricity after all, and also......cable? Is that right? :confused: On a tent site? Man that's roughin' it for ya!
Ok so we can bring power tools, and welders...let the out door fabricating begin!!! hahahahaha!!! 8)
well i hope i can make it even though i am a few years under the legal drinkin age but that hasnt stopped me before...hahahaha but even if plans change at the last minute you can count me in.
Ok so we can bring power tools, and welders...let the out door fabricating begin!!! hahahahaha!!! 8)
haha, yeah. I dunno about that, but seeing as it looks like we'll have 10-12 S12's there, the newest of which are sixteen years old, I think having some tools on hand would be a good idea. :) I'll have my toolbox, that's for sure.
That is good news about the electricity, though. I'll definitely be bringing a laptop so I can load up all the pictures we're going to take. I plan on taking a TON, and I don't want to be restricted by the memory on the three SD cards I have.
Like I said before, I expect a bunch of people will be bringing digicams, and it would be great to be able to exchange pics, or if I have the only laptop I'll take them all and host them up on my website where everybody can access them. Plus that way I can archive everybody's pics and free up their camera memory so they can take MORE PICS! :banger:
If you guys have cameras that take SD, SmartMedia, or Memory Stick, I'll have a card reader that takes those. If your camera uses CompactFlash or xD, you might want to bring a reader or your camera's interface cable, my laptop runs XP so no drivers should be needed to hook anybody's camera into it.
Hey I just had another idea. I've got a built-in CD burner, so if you guys bring a blank CD-R, I can take all the pics and burn them onto CD's before we leave, so everybody will have the pics. To be safe, you might want to bring 2 CD's, with the high-res cameras some people have, and with all the people we'll have, it's possible that combined we'll take more than 700MB of pics over the weekend.
Oh, and most of you have probably seen the "Road Pics" page on my website. I think it would be cool for everybody that can to take some pics like that on their trips from home to the meet, so we can have a visual record of all those trips from various places.
Man, I'm really getting excited about this meet, it can't come soon enough.
FYI guys, the info for the meet is now posted on the front page at my website (http://www.v6-s12.com) for everybody's reference. Included are links to the websites of the campground, the "official" Tail of the Dragon website, and the National Park Service's page for the Blue Ridge Parkway.
electricity, huh? I'll try to bring my regular camping cooking utensils. No offense to those who want to cook over a fire, but that's too much work for a figgin hot dog.
This is Tj (tjn182) -
Looks like we'll be ruffing it for sure! Digital cameras... laptops.. electric cooking utensils!
Well I know I'll have the roughest time playing N64 and watching DVD's in my car :lick:
And don't worry about being underage with drinking. I'm only 19, but its a CAMP SITE. You are supposed to get drunk! I'll bring a beer funnel for those of you who REALLY wanna have a good time :beer::beer::beer:
sounds like one crazy to be had...At this point, im gonna have to pull my name off the list..Work denied my request, reason being, im coming back from a weeks vacation in myrtle beach on the 23rd..damn..anyhow IF by some chance i get two of the three days Scheduled off, i'll pull a call-off. no biggie really, i wanna go...im not gonna be able to drive my s12 to myrtle beach, and last year when i did, it was bogged down w/ three other peeps, and their luggage! So i really wanna just GO! take my s12 on 77S by my self..but as i said i cant make any promises now, so i gotta pull my name off the list..but everyone cross your fingers (toes too!) cuz god knows i wanna go!!! ..and as far as it being a campsite..I agree..(i am also 19, maybe its the mindset??) its there for a good time! :headbang:
shit i am 16 and oh well peach shnapps and white label for everyone hahahaha
well at least I won't be the only 19 year old coming...and even if you are only 16...it is still a camp ground...8)->->I can see everybody wearing those on Sunday Morning...lol 8)
haha i'll be 20. I probably won't drink though. Just not interesting to me.
It is interesting when you discover that you sucessfully downed a whole beer in 3 seconds with my funnel. It'll contiunally get interesting the more and more you try and beat your 3 second time :beer:
19 here too,.. but i'm down for a good time.. i'm not too big on beer tho so i might have to bring some other stuff too tho, haha
eitherway.,. it should be fun
hopefully ill be there. im 20. not drinkin though.
Yeah I don't think any of us will want to go overboard with the drinking. I certainly wouldn't want to tackle the Dragon's Tail while nursing a hangover.
(This is TJ)
Dragon's Tail huh? Sounds like an ass load of windy roads. I'm down but I'm not going to try and fly through roads I don't know. My car handles like a dream.. going up to Boone I can take some turns at 80mph but I don't feel like being that stupid again 8-) I'll just take my time when we go out driving.
Don't forget that mountain air is much thinner too. I know in Boone my beastly turbo Bimmer hardly makes the power as I do down here at sea level.
Oh and for those of you drinking, I'll probably be able to drink you under the table because I'm used to the thinner air! For you peeps that aren't used to 3,000 ft above sea level, you will only be able to have like 4 or 5 beers MAX before you're toast.:guitar:
Oh and for those of you drinking, I'll probably be able to drink you under the table because I'm used to the thinner air! For you peeps that aren't used to 3,000 ft above sea level, you will only be able to have like 4 or 5 beers MAX before you're toast.:guitar:
A year and a half, or two years ago I would have challenged you to that, but not now...us crazy canucks generally don't know of any limit...until we have already passed it. I too do not plan to drink too much, especially when I will have to drive back Sunday...driving while hung over is not cool!!8)
...driving while hung over is not cool!!8)that is very true.. on the other hand, driving while drinking is not cool either,..
just remember this little saying.. "Dont drink and drive! You'll spill your beer!" :lick:
shotgunning..fun, but messy to the newbie!
shotgunning..fun, but messy to the newbie!hahahahahaha!!! 8)
Hondas are like tampons..Every pussy needs one!When did you come up with that...it is awesome!! 8)
(Tj)
I can't shotgun... I can funnel like a mofo though. I can't burp though, so I have to wait for stuff to settle before I can funnel again.
So what all is planned for this meet? Drives and tech sessions or what?
yeah it is official i am gonna be in orlando that weekend sorry guys. but the next meet i will be there for sure. have fun and funnel a few for me haha
Damn now the FJ won't be there...that is a reason to drink...:(
Okay, now that we are in the month of August, the meet is going to sneak up on us quick. Here's a recap of the current list of attendees:
cls12vg30 - Raleigh, NC - 88 V6
henge - Raleigh, NC - 88 V6
johnnyfive - Browns Mill, NJ - 86 turbo
Alex Frost - Hampton, ONT - 87 CA20
YellowPreludeR - Augusta, GA - 85 notch CA20ET
ken - Cleveland, OH - 84 CA20E/88 VG30E
Tjn182 - Boone, NC - Turbo BMW
oshag03 - Augusta, GA - 88 V6
one_equals_two - Cookeville, TN - 86 Turbo
CU Zcar (possible) - Greenville, SC
Krazy Skwerel II (possible) - Lebanon, TN
project200SX (possible) - Canton, OH
joel07 (possible) - Durham, NC
jsvob03 (possible?) - Ravenna, OH
That's what I've got at this point. Now who wants to volunteer to bring stuff? We've already got volunteers to bring beer and cooking utensils, I think. Firewood is pretty easy to score here in Raleigh in the winter, I'll look around to see if anybody has any in August. Of course, they may sell it right there at the campground.
One thing I would like to take stock of is radios. If anybody who is coming can bring a two-way or two, let me know.
Me and Tj both have 2 way radios in our cars when we drive. We'll have them with us, so if anyone wants to bring theirs as well that would be cool.
What are we doing for food? Should we bring coolers with steaks and other meats with us? We will need Milk, cereal, bread, lunch meats, hotdogs, steaks, and other types of food. Enough to feed 15 growing boys.'
bring a few bottle os octane booster too, my ca20et gets hungry.
bring a few bottle os octane booster too, my ca20et gets hungry.
If you are using octane boosteer, I hope you are setting the car rick!!! otherwise it will set you mixture lean, and I would hate to see you blow a piston so soon...:|
(Tj)
He was just playin! You know.. we get hungry so we eat steaks... car gets hungry it eats octane booster. Bah he sucks at jokes :fart: