Browse › Community ›Meets and events

**The Official 2004 East Coast Meet Thead**

Started by tootawl · around Jul 2004 · 212postsvBulletin 2004–05

This thread was saved without dates. "Around Jul 2004" is estimated from neighbouring threads.

Jsvob03date not saved · #151

..still no guarentees on my presence. I wont know if i can go until the 23rd. (when i get back from myrtle beach!)

Kendate not saved · #152

I can't promise that I'll be there with my 200SX, as I'm running into more and more problems while trying to get it together. I will, however push to be there with another vehicle if my 200SX isn't back together. That is, if that's all right with all of you...

hengedate not saved · #153

thats fine! you gonna bring the corrado :headbang:

YellowPreludeRdate not saved · #154

same situation for meh, but we will see. I think my turbo majorly screwed for that oil feed. Other than that...im either waiting on selling the car, or fixing the turbo.

Kendate not saved · #155

Yeah, we're painting the Rado right now, so if it is also done I'll bring it. Otherwise, I'm going to be cruising in the MeTooStang.

pr0craztinazndate not saved · #156

i just saw this thread... got back yesterday night from my vacation in southwest asia. anyhow, i *might* be able to come, but the 27th is a really, really bad day for me, since i am moving to college the next day. i could certainly drive down for a day visit if time permits.

Alex Frostdate not saved · #157

Ok luck seems not ot be with me these days. I just got confirmation from my insurance company today that I am NOT covered to go to the US. So unless I can find a loop hole in time, it looks as though I will not be able to go...I will keep everybody up dated as I am, but as of right now, it looks like I will be staying North of the border...:(

cls12vg30date not saved · #158

Damn, that sucks Alex. What the hell kind of insurance is that. When I lived in Buffalo we drove all around Southern Ontario all the time, one of my friends even had a fender-bender there. There were never any insurance issues. I have never heard of an insurance policy that wouldn't let you travel between the US and Canada before. Perhaps you have different regulations on insurance companies up there. I believe such a restriction would be unlawful for an insurance company to impose in the United States.
The businesses in Niagara Falls, ON alone would have a fit if US insurance companies didn't allow their customers to cross the border. Not to mention the Fort Erie strip clubs ;-)

sundayssorrowgtrdate not saved · #159

hey just an update i might be able to make it.it turns out we are goin to florida the weekend of the 21st so there is still a chance me and the fj will be there.....yay

Kendate not saved · #160

Ok luck seems not ot be with me these days. I just got confirmation from my insurance company today that I am NOT covered to go to the US. So unless I can find a loop hole in time, it looks as though I will not be able to go...I will keep everybody up dated as I am, but as of right now, it looks like I will be staying North of the border...:(

Ok, that sounds like a load of horse s#!t. There is no reason you shouldn't have coverage in the US. I don't know how that company does it, but that would be like them telling me that I don't have coverage in another state, just because I live in Ohio. I don't know, I'll call my insurance company down here and see what they say about me having coverage in Canada. If they say that there is no reason I shouldn't, I'll ask them if they know why a company in Canada would say you wouldn't in America.

Johnnyfivedate not saved · #161

Hopefully you get those issues sorted out.

My coming is confirmed and the turbo is coming.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
TSCHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAA........

My exhuast is on YAAY!!

So who's going to bring what? We can't have every single person bring hotdogs and no buns or plates.

I could certainly bring paper plates and cups and soda in coolers and stuff. Nothing too perishable though it's a long drive for me.

YellowPreludeRdate not saved · #162

just make a list when yo uget there. Im sure grocery stores arent obsolete there :lick: Only girl scouts make lists :) Play it by ear.

Johnnyfivedate not saved · #163

:rofl: :finger: thanks for the ownage... I'm just excited that's all.

And the first activity for the east side meet IIIIISSSS....

Caravan to the local grocery store so we don't go hungry.

hengedate not saved · #164

Play it by ear.
you totally took my saying! i swear i say that ALL the time!

anyways.. i just got my CB radio last week and paid for a glass mount (cellphone style) cb radio antenna today so i should have it by next week

BUT.. i dont know if i'll be taking the SE yet.. if i can get that radiator and that fixes my overheating problems, then i'll be good to go,.. if not i'm taking my truck and throwing a matress and tent in the back of it!

either way it'll be good clean fun!

YellowPreludeRdate not saved · #165

no kidding.

Alex Frostdate not saved · #166

Ok, that sounds like a load of horse s#!t. There is no reason you shouldn't have coverage in the US. I don't know how that company does it, but that would be like them telling me that I don't have coverage in another state, just because I live in Ohio. I don't know, I'll call my insurance company down here and see what they say about me having coverage in Canada. If they say that there is no reason I shouldn't, I'll ask them if they know why a company in Canada would say you wouldn't in America.
It is because I am not fully licensed, and am technically a partial driver on the policy. If I was primary I would be able to, but that would be an extra $3,000 per year, hense why I'm not. But until yesterday, I had no idea about that stupid restriction. The only way I can be a partial driver, and still go down is if my mother is with me in the vehicle (she is primary on the policy), and that would drive me nuts. I am still trying to find a loop hole though...:|

cls12vg30date not saved · #167

Yeah there's a decent grocery (an Engle's) store 5 minutes from the campground, so playing it by ear and getting everything when we get there may be the best way to go. I expect people will be trickling in at wide intervals on Friday night, so when we have a few people there we might send some on a shopping expedition while somebody stays behind to meet up with and guide new arrivals.
Hopefully we'll have all avenues of communication covered for people coming in, I'll have a two-way and CB, we'll decide on channels later. I don't know how well cellphones will work up there, but I'll make sure everybody has my number beforehand in case anybody gets lost on the way or anything.

Johnny, good to hear you got your issues worked out. And now sunday might be there with the fj after all! I am gettin' freakin' STOKED for this meet. :headbang:

tootawldate not saved · #168

I'm still upset that I won't be able to attend. The weekend before this I'll be in Pittsburgh spending too much money on coins and currency. Besides, I still don't think my 200sx will make it from MD to the NC/Tenn border. I hope to see plenty of reports and photos.

cls12vg30date not saved · #169

Okay, as we pass T-2 weeks, I'm gonna ask for volunteers to bring stuff. Here's what I think we need, if I forget something please ask:

- Hot dogs
- Skewers to cook hot dogs on
- Firewood
- Newspaper or something similar suitable for kindling
- Beverages, including beer and soda
- two-way radios
- tools to deal with any possible problems

I figure everybody will bring their own blankets/sleeping bags, tent if they want one, flashlights, etc.

Johnnyfivedate not saved · #170

I'll certainly be bringing my tools with me. I haven't yet got anything on two way radios or a CB radio but hopefully I'll have some time this week to do that

cls12vg30date not saved · #171

Cool. I've got a CB installed in my SE and I just bought a pair of Cobra 2-ways, so I'll carry one of those and let someone else use the other one.

hengedate not saved · #172

i got my CB last week and just got my cb antenna today! i've also got a pair of 2-way radios

now i just need to get the SE running and i'll be set

cls12vg30date not saved · #173

I just thought of something else we'll need. If it's true the site has electric, it'll probably just be one or two plugs, so we should bring a power strip or two for music, recharging radios, cameras, etc.

Hey I just remembered there's a place right down the road, a gas station with a good-sized convenience store, where we can send somebody on a coffee run in the morning.

YellowPreludeRdate not saved · #174

coffee is for the weak. one of those starbucks frapichinos or double shots will get you in the rally racing mode.

cls12vg30date not saved · #175

Yeah. well, we're talking about Waynesville, North Carolina here. Starbucks may be kinda hard to come by, unless they've built one since I was there last, which is possible.

YellowPreludeRdate not saved · #176

these are sold in the gas stations

Johnnyfivedate not saved · #177

Oh and I can bring like 30 or so CD-R's.

cls12vg30date not saved · #178

Sweet! That'll let us put all the pics everybody takes onto my laptop (bring card readers and/or interface cables for your cameras, people), and burn everybody a CD of pics. Better make sure I've got plenty of free HD space.....

Tjn182date not saved · #179

Hey guys, checking in -- I'm still here! And I still plan on coming :mike: That is all :p

Kendate not saved · #180

Sorry guys, but it looks like I won't be joining you for the meet. I had two weeks off of school to get one of my cars running, but one of my coworkers quit and I had to fill in for him, so now I need the weekends to get my car going again. Maybe next time, or if there is a meet in Canada...

cls12vg30date not saved · #181

Sorry to hear that, Ken. Here's the attendees list as I have it:

cls12vg30
Henge
Johnnyfive
YellowPreludeR
Tjn182
oshag03
one_equals_two
CU Zcar (possible)
Krazy Skwerel II (possible)
project200sx (possible)
joel07 (possible)
jsvob03 (cancelled, possible)
Alex Frost (cancelled, insurance)
sundayssorrowgtr (cancelled)
ken (cancelled)

MrBobdate not saved · #182

If One_Equals_Two comes there is a 95% chance I'll be coming with him.

Alex Frostdate not saved · #183

Sorry guys, but it looks like I won't be joining you for the meet. I had two weeks off of school to get one of my cars running, but one of my coworkers quit and I had to fill in for him, so now I need the weekends to get my car going again. Maybe next time, or if there is a meet in Canada...
There will be a meet in Canada...soon...and hopefully we will have more than three S12's show up...We don't have a date set yet, but I will keep you posted...8)

Tjn182date not saved · #184

There's a chance my girlfriend might come too, I'll talk with her -- she likes cars ... but to an extent. This might over-do it for her.

pr0craztinazndate not saved · #185

i'm definitely not coming; can't do 18 hours of driving (to the meet and back) and move out the next day.

Jsvob03date not saved · #186

..yea..officially cant go..start school that monday..

Johnnyfivedate not saved · #187

T-4 DAYS WOOOOOOT!!!

Alright my car is coming most definately. I don't think I'll have a CB but I will have my cell phone with me. So now I'm bringing a bunch of CD-R's my camera and it's interface cable, some tools. Some regular camping stuff.

I could bring some non perishable food stuffs too. Maybe an extra battery and jumper cables.

So 7 peeps WOOT!!!!

hengedate not saved · #188

also if anyone can get ahold of some video cameras!,.. i was going to buy this cheapo one, but ended up deciding against it.. it'd be better if its a digital one so we can load the movies onto Chris' computer but really anything will do!

i'm going to try and see if i can borrow one from somebody

Tjn182date not saved · #189

Alright I gotta cancel myself going. This is my first week of school and I got stuff to do this weekend. Job, books, and I'm taking care of my folks place in Charlotte (i'm in boone). So I got a little too much stuff on my list of things to do to be able to go! Sorry guys --- Have fun!!!

:mike:

Johnnyfivedate not saved · #190

AWWWW MAAAAN! this was going to be the meet to end all meets and people are now dropping like flies. Oh well Sorry you guys aren't able to come.

t-36 hours till I leave for NC. edit: perhaps I should check my mail more often I'll try to get a CB radio and antenna today and start packing up.

The 86 turbo is coming either under it's own power or by a tow truck :lol: Naw it's in pretty good mechanical shape it just looks like it's about to die.

hengedate not saved · #191

well i still dont have the radiator for my SE.. if it doesnt come tomorrow then it looks like i'll just have to take the XE and ride w/ chris or someone when we go thorugh the mountains (b/c with messed up suspension, brakes, and no powersteering i'm not even gonna risk it)

right now i am still planning on going tho

cls12vg30date not saved · #192

Johnny I assume from your edit that you got my email with my cell #? I sent emails to the people that had addresses listed, PM's to the others.

Johnnyfivedate not saved · #193

yes I got it. sorry my pm's were full.

WOOOOOOTT!!!!!! :guitar: :firebird:
I am stoked for this meet. I won't have a CB i want as much money in my account as possible in case something goes wrong

one_equals_twodate not saved · #194

Me and Mr. Bob will be there unless I blow up my engine tonight. We got the t3 turbo on today and it's running properly now. It's not quite making the same power as the t2 did yet, but we haven't had time to really get it tuned up yet. We're going to spend all night tuning the ignition and setting the boost just right and then spend some of tomorrow visiting my buddy with the wideband to tune the fuel maps correctly.

BTW, anyone who thinks a .63A/R t3 turbine is too big and will lag bad is very wrong. 8psi comes on at less than 3K RPMS. Also at the meet we can show off the UHMW bushings we made for the car (we can make some more to sell if there is any interest). We were thinking of making t3 conversion kits so other chaps can run proper sized turbos as well.

Johnnyfivedate not saved · #195

about time someone straps a real turbo on :evillaug: I can't wait to see it.

Oh I'll also bring two bags of doritos (cheese and ranch) and a bag of cheesy poofs also a sponge mat to lay on the ground with in case someone needs to work on their car. Maybe a timing light too.

Is anyone bring a power strip?

hengedate not saved · #196

i'm going to be bringing an inflatable matress and a tent (which is large enough to sleep like 6) but yeah..
i'm just going to bring some money along and then anything we need i'll chip in when we get down there

but yeah.. its 100%, i'm not going to be able to take the SE (still no radiator :disgust: )

well now i wont be taking the XE either.. i'm just going to get a ride w/ Chris,.. but atleast that means i can take plenty of pics!

Alex Frostdate not saved · #197

Pics are a good thing...especially for those of us who want to go, but unfortunately can't...:(

cls12vg30date not saved · #198

Yeah I was gonna ask if anyone has a power strip they can bring..I'm bringing an outdoor extension cord so wherever the outlet is we can run it wherever we want, but it only has one outlet. I also will be bringing my timing light, as well as a small Coleman propane grille and battery-powered lantern.

I also printed up a couple copies of some maps I found on http://www.tailofthedragon.com of the Dragon's Tail and Cherohola Skyway, including a map showing known speed traps in the area.

I don't know if MrBob is bringing his RX-7 or if he's riding with one_equals_two, and as far as I know we haven't heard either way from oshag03. So with henge riding with me we're looking at 3 cars at the least and probably 5 at the most. Not quite what we had hoped, but hey, it'll be that much easier to stick together while we tear up the Dragon's Tail and the Blue Ridge Parkway. :guitar:

I think everybody has either gotten a PM or an email from me with my cell #, so you can call if you need help finding the campground (directions are at http://www.smokymountainsnc.com/jcreekhideaway.htm )
As I mentioned earlier, I'll also be monitering Channel 19 on the CB, and I'll have the two-way set to channel scan, but with FRS the range is only gonna be a couple miles on that.

Johnnyfive and one_equals_two, are you guys going to have either CB's or two-ways? I have two of the two-ways, so somebody can use my other one, and henge might have one or two he can bring as well. If we had one in every car that would make things a lot better.

I've been poring over several different maps this evening, and I just gotta say I hope you guys are ready for some intense driving on Saturday. :burnout:

Johnnyfivedate not saved · #199

I am able to bring a power strip. I'll be bringing that with me too. Along with a light.

I will not have a CB or a two-way with me. I will have my cell phone. I already have your prog'd into it and I'll give the number to you in a sec. I should be down there just a little bit after you get there.

cls12vg30date not saved · #200

Sounds good, Johnny, I saved your number on my phone as well. Like I said, we've got at least one extra two-way so you can use that.