Browse › Marketplace ›Vendors

SSC Lowering Springs(updated with pics)

Started by Nemisis · Mar 18, 2005 · 69postsSMF 2010–26vBulletin 2004–05

J-manJun 20, 2008, 11:51 am · #51
street_ruleryeah buddy...what about that issue of taking a whole day to do this.  you have to ride a ferry, u ever done that?  not cheep.  i live in seattle.  i ahve family on bainbridge island...ferry rides are part of my life

ok ok I'm confused where are these springs sold at? are they in Seattle?
NamelessJun 20, 2008, 3:24 pm · #52
http://www.canuckmotorsports.com
J-manJun 21, 2008, 5:25 am · #53

I checked out the website but where is the actual store? is it in Seattle do you have an address?

fyneyoungstunnaSep 10, 2008, 5:02 pm · #54

they still make these things? the notch needs susp

ArroSep 10, 2008, 5:11 pm · #55
http://www.canuckmotorsports.com/car_cat.html#NISSAN

but they have a note next to it...

"Rear springs will not work on models with solid rear axle. For questions, contact us."

And you're an '84 CA20E, so....

Contact them as they said. They can at the very least cut you a price for just the front two, and maybe have another set for the rears. Otherwise people have solved the rears w/ coilovers on the solid rear axle setups.
rageSep 10, 2008, 7:44 pm · #56

i couldve swore oldschoolsilvia put ssc springs on his solid axle with slight mods, maybe ask him?

they definitely still make them, i picked mine up on ebay like 3 months ago

myth_S12Sep 11, 2008, 3:19 am · #57

I cut maybe an inch off of the end of the spring to make mines fit.  No problems at all.  I'm pretty sure oldschoolsilvia did the same.  We've discussed this before.

oldschoolsilviaSep 11, 2008, 4:55 pm · #58
Arrohttp://www.canuckmotorsports.com/car_cat.html#NISSAN
but they have a note next to it...

"Rear springs will not work on models with solid rear axle. For questions, contact us."

And you're an '84 CA20E, so....

Contact them as they said. They can at the very least cut you a price for just the front two, and maybe have another set for the rears. Otherwise people have solved the rears w/ coilovers on the solid rear axle setups.

pay attention before you talk...

Had them on my solid axle.... As well as myth ^^
ArroSep 11, 2008, 6:08 pm · #59

You should read before you talk . I'm just reporting what the Canuck site says, not on what members may have done.

Just chime in next time and say "Hey two of us have them, it works, bla bla bla". Anyways if I am *reading* correctly, you both had to modify them, and Canuck isn't going to tell you to do that on their site for a number of reasons you should be able to figure out. So yeah, don't get all miffed, next time just chime in and give the extra details kthx

oldschoolsilviaSep 11, 2008, 7:33 pm · #60
ArroYou should read before you talk . I'm just reporting what the Canuck site says, not on what members may have done.

Just chime in next time and say "Hey two of us have them, it works, bla bla bla". Anyways if I am *reading* correctly, you both had to modify them, and Canuck isn't going to tell you to do that on their site for a number of reasons you should be able to figure out. So yeah, don't get all miffed, next time just chime in and give the extra details kthx

No didnt do a thing to mine... They were just sitting like a normal spring... Probably would have been better had I enlarged the bottom... But eh didnt make a difference...

SO stfu kthx...
ArroSep 11, 2008, 7:55 pm · #61
myth_S12I cut maybe an inch off of the end of the spring to make mines fit.  No problems at all.  I'm pretty sure oldschoolsilvia did the same.  We've discussed this before.

WHO needs to STFU? Maybe stop riding my arse and correct poor Myth, who was trying to be helpful but *apparently* claims you did something you did not do. The drama issue here is you were being an ass, instead of politely correcting me... was uncalled for in a technical thread. I *strongly* suggest an attitude change, you know very well where this will go with me.

The bottom line is CANUCK themselves does not claim they fit. Myth says he had to modify them. You say you didn't. Let's stick to the facts, because another attitude post will result in action taken.

Considering you and Myth aren't in 100% agreement as to what is necessary, to make them work, I will be prudent here and say that someone MIGHT be able to use SSC springs on an SRA S12, but with mixed results.
silver_s13Sep 13, 2008, 5:10 am · #62

^Spoken like a true gentleman
People need to chill out. If you know something more than someone else then respond like the superior being that you are. There's a difference between being smart and being a smart ass

ArroSep 13, 2008, 5:14 am · #63

Well like I said, one says the other did something that he says he didn't. If I had SRA in the rear, at this point I'd assume it could work, but I'd plan for the possibility that I'd need to cut a bit of the rear springs.

fyneyoungstunnaSep 14, 2008, 12:42 am · #64

wow.........just wow.

ok so thanks for the heads up arro at least i know now that i might run into problems.

i was aware that a few other members had used them on sra, but i couldnt recall what mods they did, and i was too lazy to look for the thread.

ArroSep 15, 2008, 8:02 am · #65

Just contact the two members above in PM or something and ask them both.

mareksAug 25, 2009, 2:50 pm · #66

Hi mates!

I wanted to know: do 200sx S13 lowering springs will fit to S12?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English!

Phisherman09Aug 25, 2009, 5:41 pm · #67
mareksHi mates!

I wanted to know: do 200sx S13 lowering springs will fit to S12?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English!

no they do not. s13's have a bigger spring perch on the front strut, not to mention a completely different strut design. and the rears are a modified mcferson with a seperate spring and strut, unlike the s13 that has a normal mcferson strut.
ericclopeinNov 11, 2010, 7:11 pm · #68

wow, thank you, cant wait to get my springs!

ProlowtoneNov 23, 2010, 12:10 am · #69

Once i get my car out for a drive i will be able to tell if i need them... I know i need new front struts