Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

RB25det, June 28th deadline - no sleep until completion. then beer.

Started by RB25sx - SLPR · Jun 13, 2006 · 418postsSMF 2010–26

TechDaddyJan 5, 2008, 9:02 pm · #101

All in all I must say that I am Very impressed! Excelent job! I like the black and white picture the best. Please post some better pics, ie. more light. Got to say though that the steering wheel is....shall we say....super getto! Get a Nardi or the new drift wheel from MOMO. Is your HUD working? That would be so cool if you got it to work in an S12. I thought of going with a Defi HUD in mine for the Tach readout. I agree with Julie on the seats. I'm 6'6" and with the stock seats I fit fine and trust me if you have them re-upholstered you will love them. I have sat in a pair with added bolstering, closed cell foam and Alcantara upholstery and I was ready to do the same in a heartbeat. They were SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck man and enjoy yourself in BC!

RB25sx - SLPRJan 7, 2008, 11:38 pm · #102
TechDaddyAll in all I must say that I am Very impressed! Excelent job! I like the black and white picture the best. Please post some better pics, ie. more light. Got to say though that the steering wheel is....shall we say....super getto! Get a Nardi or the new drift wheel from MOMO. Is your HUD working? That would be so cool if you got it to work in an S12. I thought of going with a Defi HUD in mine for the Tach readout. I agree with Julie on the seats. I'm 6'6" and with the stock seats I fit fine and trust me if you have them re-upholstered you will love them. I have sat in a pair with added bolstering, closed cell foam and Alcantara upholstery and I was ready to do the same in a heartbeat. They were SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck man and enjoy yourself in BC!

Thanks for the comments!

The seats were strictly an afterthought, we scored them from an AE86, I would have opted for anything but the stock ones.. Honest to god, they were horrible. But the way these seats are mounted should not have  passed inspection. The driver's seat has 3 of 4 mounting locations secured..

Once I get some funds my way, I will be setting up a nice set of sparcos (or at least 1)..

Some new pictures are definetly in order, but the way things are going it wont be until spring time when I get my burnout video and glamour shots posted. To be honest I am not content with the way the engine bay and dash turned out - so i'm a little ashamed of it...

-Dan
WalteezyFeb 21, 2008, 7:59 am · #103

dude wow that video.
man i can't believe you did it!
wow mk2 notch ftw!
i dont like the front light conversion because i like the pop up ones but damn that car is fresh!

RB25sx - SLPRFeb 22, 2008, 9:36 pm · #104

Annnnddd here is a quick burnout video!

http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=20529 (http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=20529)

seb.racingSep 19, 2008, 7:34 pm · #105

the news?

cannan89Jun 5, 2009, 3:25 am · #106

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I'm really curious what happened to this car! Any idea what's going on?

DraconisJun 5, 2009, 3:40 am · #107

Yea dude.  Bring your rig down and visit mine.  My buddy has got a new camera so we can get some good shots and vids mate!

RB25sx - SLPRJun 5, 2009, 3:42 am · #108

Thanks for the bump

Car is currently off the road, it needs a variety of things done to it.. The shortlist includes:

-New turbo (Thinking gt3071r) and DP
-New steering rack, wheel and column.
-Aluminium radiator with better fans
-Proper seats with proper brackets

The electrical side of things needs lots of attention too.. I will likely be using a Universal 12 circuit painless wiring kit for the chassis, and mating that to a megasquirt 2.0 efi system controlling spark through an EDIS 6 setup.. End goal is about 450ft/lbs at the wheels at no more than 4000rpm.

I've budgeted about $5000 to get the car road legal and running WELL.. Problem is I wont have that money until my school is over.. Expect updates (and a new thread) towards the fall of '09..

She ain't dead yet!

-Dan

PS - Most of my time has been consumed lately by my saab.. Check the thread at: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135169 (http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135169)

cannan89Jun 5, 2009, 4:16 am · #109

I was lurking 6 or 8 or 12 months before I joined, and this build is what really got me to sign up. Fantastic job you have done to this point, I hope to one day have an RB in my s-12 (if it ever gets out of storage!!) Good luck with your Saab! (it seems better suited to Canadian winters) but I hope to see some progress on the silvia!

firefoxJun 15, 2009, 3:33 pm · #110

i absolutely hate the head lights.
but the rest is fucking awesome.

you might have saved 5 lbs swapping for those gay ass lights.

but you added 5 lbs of weld to the hood.(which is much higher then the motors)
so its equal weight and indescribably shitty looking

tell me these don't look better
(http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/34/l_8fb225e81e536179d868af15e9fb7785.jpg)

RB25sx - SLPRJan 30, 2010, 11:02 pm · #111

What can I say.. It has been a struggle for the past 2 years to even keep possession of this car.. It was impounded twice for 'bad parking', I was caught once for driving without insurance; it essentially has been a curse ever since moving to the west coast of Canada.. And it is entirely my fault.

But...

The beast still lives.

It all started with a posting for a 1987 200sx notch with a broken timing belt, the car was bought, and the part out festival began. To make the '250sx' usable again it needed a plethora of parts.. Here now begins a pictographical portrayal of how this has begun to unfold..

The parts car:

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2763-1.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2764-Copy.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2765-1.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2794.jpg)

Let me just say, that before you can improve you must first admit your faults.. This car was RUSHED in a big way, it suffered from wiring incompetency, and a very very inept cooling system. I intend to address both of these issues.

The decrepit state of my engine bay:

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2757-1.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2758.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2759-1.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2760-1.jpg)

The factory 200sx radiator will be replaced in short order, this car will not run without a new radiator of some variety, dual pass full aluminium preferred. I very much like the look of what Colin (Draconis) has going on with his build, I am looking into a custom fab radiator at the moment. I suspected the stock turbo to have a leak in its thrust bearing, so I sold it off as rebuildable and am looking for a replacement - be it stock or upgrade is unimportant.

Current radiator:

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2813.jpg)

I fear that the large intercooler played a key role in so thouroughly overheating my engine, thus, I will opt for a smaller intercooler until larger power goals are realized. To boot, I discovered that whilst in 'storage' (parked outside) water crept into the lower part of my intake system and filled my IC with water.. It produced a very sandy form of corrosion (Aluminium nitrate??)

The flakes:
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2814.jpg)

So sandy:
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2815.jpg)

The culprit:
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2816.jpg)

All I can say is: Welcome to Canada where the climate is none-too-nice.

The interior was always somethign that had bothered me.. I had essentially paid someone to remove all the sound deadening, problem was that they were a lazy ass and never finished it. I finished chipping off the sound deading in about 2 hours and removed the firewall mat as well.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2817.jpg)

Oh god, the bathroom caulking.. this will be replaced with actual seam sealer.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2818.jpg)

Rusty strut towers... These have been around since I had the car, I finally decided to do something.. I ripped off the piece of rusted metal, tomorrow I will be grinding it down and welding in replacements...

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2819.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2820.jpg)

The rusted part of the floor, cut, and will be patched with 16ga galvanized steel.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2821.jpg)

Where I sat at the end of today.

Firewall stripped:

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2823-1.jpg)

Engine bay simplified:

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2825-1.jpg)

Overall engine bay shot w/shock towers:

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2828-1.jpg)

The parts list (yet to buy) is as follows:

Upgraded radiator (koyo, mishimoto, or custom)
dual 12" cooling fans (The chinese pieces of junk I had will not suffice)
New intercooler piping 2.5" mandrel bent.
Replacement turbo - RB25, t3 .60 A/R, gt30r, etc
Blow off valve (synchroni
New (to me) RB25 engine harness

And just for the record, yes the parts car WAS in better shape than my chassis.. However, as you all know sometimes cars just dont make sense, and you follow your heart not your head.. Me and this 200 have been through far too much together, and I am not about to give up on it now.

I promise, something very very good will come of all this.

-Dan

IggyEGuanaJan 31, 2010, 12:51 am · #112

sweet good to see ur back at it.  noticed the mudflaps on that parts car.  did u make a part out thread?

DraconisJan 31, 2010, 1:48 am · #113

Dan, come Tuesday I should have an answer for you on the rad.  Also, cannot wait for the parts you're sending.  Sooner to getting mine finalized.  Btw, I'm gonna be stealing some pics for the write up we've been working on.

RB25sx - SLPRJan 31, 2010, 1:55 am · #114

@Iggy:

Thanks man, it feels good to be back after so long.

As for the parting out, I pretty much need everything I removed minus a few parts.. Anything related to electrical, steering, interior, wiper actuators, or even exterior was needed... My car was running as a shell before.. But if there is a very specific part you need let me know all the same - I will do my best. The shell (rust free, I feel like a wang) was sent to the crusher.

@Colin

Go ahead on taking the pics, I hope to have underbody shots of the 1 piece driveshaft, rear suspension assembly, and transmission setup this week sometime.. I eagerly await feedback on the radiator as I need a much better solution ASAP.

-Dan

sideways_s12Jan 31, 2010, 3:46 am · #115

I was begining to wonder what happened to you gald to see your back rb25 swap is pure win!!!

LeegamerJan 31, 2010, 11:26 am · #116

Yes!

ArroJan 31, 2010, 3:57 pm · #117

Good to see you're getting back to it, Dan... be sure to keep us posted as you make more progress!

LyniumJan 31, 2010, 4:47 pm · #118

very nice... I cant wait to se her all up and done.

Ya know, us albertan and BC people should make a mixed mingler... like a western canada meet some day.. The way things are.. say maybe about 2013.. ? Maybe enough of us will have our cars perfected by then to make it a well worthy trip!
(Although, It seems theres more in BC than in alberta... lol)

I've been very lucky and have litteraly no signs of rust aside from the drivers rear part of the front fender... it rusted off across where the lower screw thing is, door opening crunched it in some.. I have a good fix for that and can get away without needing a new fender...

Road salts suck.. Although i dont have the salty ocean to deal with either...

Also, just curious, how far are you from the shuswap?
I'll be out there end of august sometime, as part of our x-mas presants, the inlaws got us a spot on a houseboat for a week with em.. just have to cover our trip there!

If you're close enough, i'd be up for comming to say hi and drooling on your hood a bit.
I've never seen any s12s aside from ine and the other one Im (Theoretically) getting...

IggyEGuanasweet good to see ur back at it.  noticed the mudflaps on that parts car.  did u make a part out thread?

I noticed those too myself... I couldnt realy tell with the door open in the pic I got to staring at, but i dont think theres anymore of a kit to it is there..

I hope everything removable form the shell was removed...
D-sport S12Feb 1, 2010, 12:56 am · #119

^ i live in the shuswap
Victoria to the shuswap could be done in an easy 6 hours with the fairy ride

sideways_s12Feb 1, 2010, 3:30 am · #120

I want to ride a fairy to a different city that sounds like fun

RB25sx - SLPRFeb 24, 2010, 11:00 pm · #121

Update.

Much welding has been done, not as much as I would like to eventually do (ie: rethink the rear 240sx mounting).. But it is enough for now to get the car on the road.

Degreased the whole engine bay and painted it.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2830.jpg)

New shock tower seam covers (invented word??) mine were rusted as hell.. 16ga galvanized steel.. the welds are bit off because I was just 'tuning' my new argon mix setup.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2831.jpg)

1 gauge power and 2 gauge negative wires run from the trunk. These will be secured with P clamps and are being passed through rubber grommets anywhere they meet metal.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2832.jpg)

The 'interior' (lack thereof) has been gone over, the hole in the passenger side has been patched.. There is more rust repair to do along the inner rockers, but I will need to address this in April. That large rubber acordion you see is infact a grommet meant for outboard boat motor controls, it will serve as my shifter boot.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2833.jpg)

Ahem... How do I say this.. Yes that is bathroom caulking.. That was before I learned about seam sealer. This too will be fixed in april. This is a fairly good shot of the custom rear shocktowers.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2834.jpg)

This should make lots of people happy. Notice anything different?? How about: No mazda 626 headlights.. The fitment on the factory lights isnt perfect but I will shim it until it sits just right. I also have a new rad support that can be welded in (down the road).

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2835.jpg)

What had to be done to fix my sawzall spree of several years ago.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2836.jpg)

I've had this wilwood proportioning valve for 3 years.. I finally decided to just install it in the engine bay where a coupler normally sits, though I need to get new flare nuts to fit the threads on the adapters.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2837.jpg)

Mocking up things. Wiring harness is in, washer tank, stock 200sx rad, PS reservoir, etc.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2838.jpg)

Test fitting the intercooler.. Ideally I would like to get a smaller one, as I dont want to notch the bumper mounts. This picture makes me think that I am going to have to cut the lower air dam off and make my own front splitter from 1/2 lexan, polystyrene, or fiberwrapped marine plywood to get proper airflow. I do NOT repeat DO NOT want to have the same cooling issues I had before spring up.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2839.jpg)

We are building a proper adapter harness, I've got a proper set of 240sx captive end greased balljoints (not heim joints - which aren't road legal), and I will be needing a new blowoff valve.. Mine was sitting low in the intake piping and condensation caused it to get heavily corroded. I've had my eye on the synapse 'synchronic' unit - but we will see. Ive got another Rb25 turbo to bolt on, however I am lacking the banjo bolts and oil drain, so I am on the lookout for some stock T3 fittings.

-Dan

Phisherman09Feb 24, 2010, 11:04 pm · #122

NICE! good too see this car still lives.

sideways_s12Feb 25, 2010, 1:49 am · #123

progress is looking good can't wait to see this beast running...

D-sport S12Feb 25, 2010, 3:08 am · #124

if i ever make it to the island ( could be moving to Vic next year) we shall have to have a s12 meet

DraconisFeb 25, 2010, 3:20 am · #125
D-sport S12if i ever make it to the island ( could be moving to Vic next year) we shall have to have a s12 meet

Count me in cause once we both have our S12s running, we are def. gonna be working together on some projects and on refining.
D-sport S12Feb 25, 2010, 3:41 am · #126
DraconisCount me in cause once we both have our S12s running, we are def. gonna be working together on some projects and on refining.

I also need to get my S12 running lol
rageFeb 25, 2010, 10:35 pm · #127

cool build, good to see you back working on it.

did you ever consider putting the intercooler behind the radiator? there might not be enough room, but it would certainly solve your overheating problems.

also- if you ever consider lowering your car, you might want to relocate that harness/ power/ground wires (why you have a ground running is beyond me) as it would probably rub under full compression

seishukuFeb 25, 2010, 10:39 pm · #128

If you put it behind the radiator, then you might as well not use an intercooler at all, it'll just suck up whatever heat comes off the radiator.

rageFeb 25, 2010, 11:00 pm · #129

granted it wouldnt be as cold of a charge, but saying it wouldnt cool it at all is absurd, ive seen a few intercooler setups done this way.

by your thought process, you might aswell not have a radiator either (aircool conversion, haha), if you have a FMIC. since its just sucking up whatever heat comes off the intercooler

RB25sx - SLPRFeb 25, 2010, 11:06 pm · #130

I had considered re-arranging things, but if I were going to go to that extent I would opt for a V-mount setup where the rad and intercooler meet at a ~90degree angle - though this would involve moving the motor back at least 6 inches among other things. Another option is doing a top mount intercooler with some serious ducting.

 I think the 13"x22" rad fitting inside the rad support will open lots of windows for me, and a smaller intercooler will allow me to pick and choose where I want it mounted.. Also, new endtanks on the IC core are an option, though not likely because this core is pretty shitty.

As for the ground wire, I wanted to ensure all critical systems are properly grounded. Factory install has grounding wires direct to the block and head - I am trying to recreate that.

Cheers.

-Dan

seishukuFeb 26, 2010, 5:59 pm · #131
ragegranted it wouldnt be as cold of a charge, but saying it wouldnt cool it at all is absurd, ive seen a few intercooler setups done this way.

by your thought process, you might aswell not have a radiator either (aircool conversion, haha), if you have a FMIC. since its just sucking up whatever heat comes off the intercooler
Yea, well show me an intercooler that's constantly at 180 degrees and I'll agree.
brewster240Feb 26, 2010, 6:38 pm · #132

excuse me, but where did you see a setup with an intercooler behind the rad?

rageFeb 27, 2010, 3:33 am · #133

theres this with a rad 8" e-fan

(http://www.customtacos.com/gallery2/data/500/78engine_1.jpg)

RB25sx - SLPRMar 1, 2010, 2:16 am · #134

Steering system is in and complete - no more click in the steering system, it is using sealed greased balljoints, the power steering system is bolted up, but there is not cooler (yet).

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2846.jpg)

Interior reassembly will commence this week, but not the dash as we need to wire in the adapter harness and possibly gauges as well.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2845.jpg)

Doesn't look like much, but having a steering column and rack in good shape will make a world of difference for this car.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2844.jpg)

Goodbye rust hole, hello paint streaks.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2843.jpg)

My best friend: wd40.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2842.jpg)

Yard work + car work = long day!

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2841.jpg)

-Dan

DraconisMar 1, 2010, 2:22 am · #135

Serious?  You're not even in a garage?  Gal dang dude.  I have always had to do my work at a shop due to living in a flat and having no space to do work, not to mention the flat managers frown on that stuff.  Then I got an industrial storage unit and started doing some work but then, it was a little too late.  So with this last bit, my expectations and what I wanted was out of my ability/knowledge.  So, that is why this is the first time I havent truly worked on my car.  Only I've done is some swapping of the interior and the Z31 rear hubs/arms/axles.

RB25sx - SLPRMar 1, 2010, 2:47 am · #136

Add to that the fact that the covered work area is a new addition, and in BC it rains CONSTANTLY 7 months out of the year. Puts a bit of a damper on the amount of work that can be accomplished.

-Dan

DraconisMar 1, 2010, 2:54 am · #137
RB25sx - SLPRAdd to that the fact that the covered work area is a new addition, and in BC it rains CONSTANTLY 7 months out of the year. Puts a bit of a damper on the amount of work that can be accomplished.

I know the feeling man.  I dont live that far south of you.  It friggin sucks!  One thing I hate most, working on a car with fingers you cannot feel and hitting them cause they hurt forever.  First a dull annoying feel, then you try to massage the fingers and all it does is warm up the fingers making it hurt more.
sideways_s12Mar 1, 2010, 3:16 am · #138

pansies try swapping a turbo on a dsm in the pouring rain and laying under the car in the water because you have no other car to get to work and you have 2 days in which to get everything right...along with fixing leaks you see along the way....lol but damn dan you move pretty quick for having shitty weather looks good and keep it going.

DraconisMar 1, 2010, 3:20 am · #139

LOL  Dan isnt a pansy.  He does that shit.  I avoid it.  I'm a pansy.   But the main reason, I hate the cold with a passion.  But I do agree, fixing a car in the rain is not fun.  I have had to do random stuff like that, though not to the extent you described.

rageMar 2, 2010, 2:03 am · #140

lol 2 days?

DraconisMar 12, 2010, 5:11 pm · #141

I demand more pics and progress.  Cannot wait till I can see your car in person.  It's been a while now.

D-sport S12Mar 13, 2010, 4:01 am · #142
DraconisI demand more pics and progress.  Cannot wait till I can see your car in person.  It's been a while now.
+1 will have to make a s12 dopeness meet sometime
RB25sx - SLPRMar 15, 2010, 10:40 pm · #143

updates.

Brand new 3/8" nickle plated fuel lines and fittings.
Got my turbo line fittings (banjo bolt, drain, etc).
New turbo elbow (needs customization).
Bought a hacked up rb25det harness for parts.
Radiator arriving soon, its gonna be sweet..

New blowoff valve, synapse engineering synchronic piston.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2851.jpg)

Flange mocked up to mild steel intake pipe.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2852.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2855.jpg)

This is what it SHOULD look like when welded.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2856.jpg)

Steering shaft interferes with the downpipe, my solution before with the cast elbow was to basically go ghetto style, super restrictive but it got the car running.. I plan on doing this version correctly.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2849.jpg)

I am cutting the downtube at the flange, and re-orienting it by whatever angle is needed. The wastgate tube is going to get extended and then dump to atmosphere down by the frame rail. I am going to have a shop do the welding since I dont have SS wire, and also don't want to screw this up. This setup too will be temporary as plans down the road are for a custom exhaust manifold and 3" downpipe with V band flanges all around... But all in due time.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2847.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2857.jpg)

Much progress will be made this week/weekend.. If all goes to plan, the car will start by sunday.

Cheers.

-Dan

sam31183Mar 16, 2010, 12:25 am · #144

sunday is golden gardens....

RB25sx - SLPRMar 16, 2010, 12:27 am · #145

Waaaaait a minute, isn't it the next weekend? ie: the last weekend of march?

DraconisMar 16, 2010, 12:45 am · #146

Yes, the 28th.  Sam apparently doesnt know what week it currently is.

sam31183Mar 16, 2010, 4:54 pm · #147

oh....hahahahaha...oh man...i got another week...maybe i can get the notch waxed this weekend...

RB25sx - SLPRMar 21, 2010, 4:22 am · #148

Tidying up loose ends.

-BOV flange welded

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2864.jpg)

-Finalized battery wiring (in trunk install)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2866.jpg)

-Bolted in exhaust system and turbo (minus ONE oil feed line crush washer)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2865.jpg)

-DO NOT BE AFRAID! These wires will be re-wrapped in loom....

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2863.jpg)

-Adapter harness is 80% built, there are some functions that I am not sure will work until I power it up, this has to do with the means in which power is fed to the fuel pump, also the check engine light, and a few other features.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2861.jpg)

-Tail light RE-SEAL!
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2858.jpg)

-Fuel lines, could be straighter but hey at least they are new!

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2867.jpg)

(both lines will have brass fittings as of tomorrow)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2862.jpg)

My radiator still hasn't arrived, but I am patiently waiting. I've got a number of things to do still, tomorrow I will connect in my fuel filter, and flex lines, plumb the oil catch can,reinstall the clutch pedal, reinstall my custom trans crossmember, connect the adapter harness/engine harness and hopefully... start the car.

RB25sx - SLPRApr 2, 2010, 2:41 am · #149

Car is insured, and on the road. The tank was FULL of sludge that I had to clean out by hand, I was able to do it without dropping the tank but it was a big pain in the ass. Me and a good friend gave a solid 48 hour push to get the car working and holy crap the amount of work accomplished.. I took no time to take photos, we were just working around the clock.. Here are some updates.

A package arrived.
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2881.jpg)

Oooooo goodies.
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2884.jpg)

Sweet logo!
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2885.jpg)

225 bridgestone potenzas on S2000 AP1 wheels.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2877.jpg)

Flat black hood, better than blue!
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2875.jpg)

Front fitment, looks fine!

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2878.jpg)

The rears caused an issue I didn't notice at first. The hubs were too large on the car side, thus the wheel sat out. I tried to remedy the problem (during a long test drive) with wheel spacers.
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2879.jpg)

The following resulted about 5km from my house... 4/5 studs and nuts broken and lost. A new set of ARP 50mm studs are on the way, and the wheels or hubs are to be modified to work from here on in.
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deanchromier/200sx%20revival/DSCF2880.jpg)

Car is now working great, it is running 'base boost' of 3 psi until I can either get an aftermarket boost controller, or get the factory unit working properly.

Next steps for the car:

-Resurfaced or new rotors
-Front splitter
-Patch rust
-Speedo/Tach (currently non functional)
-Install griffin radiator
-New stainless steel downpipe (needs to be custom, steering shaft clearances are tight.

As always, it will always be a work in progress.. Its nice to have it on the road though!

Videos to come soon.

-Dan

ArroApr 2, 2010, 4:51 pm · #150

I likes