Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

RB25det, June 28th deadline - no sleep until completion. then beer.

Started by RB25sx - SLPR · Jun 13, 2006 · 418postsSMF 2010–26

methylpropMar 17, 2011, 8:01 am · #201

looking good man.

RB25sx - SLPRMar 18, 2011, 3:15 am · #202
D-sport S12 on 06:13:27 AM / 17-Mar-11shitty to hear man. Gonna come to any D-days this year?

Yes, I would love to. Me an Nick Oldford should be headed up there if all goes to plan (he needs a motor, I need an e-brake etc).

-dan
RB25sx - SLPRMar 20, 2011, 5:36 am · #203
posted image
BattleFairyMar 20, 2011, 12:47 pm · #204

ROFL

RB25sx - SLPRMar 23, 2011, 3:38 am · #205
posted image

posted image

More videos to come? I think?

I am only in this one for a few brief moments (lots of novices, technically myself included):

-Dan
RB25sx - SLPRMar 26, 2011, 8:50 pm · #206

Its spring time, so it is time for 18s..

posted image

My interior as of today:

posted image

SPRING SPRONG!

BattleFairyMar 27, 2011, 4:31 am · #207

LING LING! Theres your BLING BLING!
those wheels looking MOFO huge.
btw how does the Rad perform? ive bought myself a uprated cooper scirooco Radiator-->looks pretty cute? um small? LOL

RB25sx - SLPRApr 25, 2011, 1:18 am · #208

First time with a working e-brake, it is going to be a good season I do believe...

-Dan
DeezusApr 25, 2011, 6:08 am · #209

I have that same wheel in my s12, and i want to replace it with an s13 wheel but i cant get the hub adapter thing out.. >:(

kelso840Apr 25, 2011, 9:54 am · #210

I liked the random drag race halfway through the video.

RB25sx - SLPRApr 25, 2011, 3:19 pm · #211

You mean the foot race? Lol, that was to decide 3rd since both were out of tires.

-dan

kelso840Apr 25, 2011, 3:20 pm · #212

Haha yeah. I liked how the one dude that blew a tire in that race (lost his shoe) ended up winning.

ProlowtoneApr 25, 2011, 4:53 pm · #213

Lol I need to come out to watch one of these days. I see my friend Trevor made it out with the carbon fiber coup, even got a second place finish.

I love his car, Looks so fucking good.

RB25sx - SLPRApr 25, 2011, 5:11 pm · #214
kelso840 on 03:20:08 PM / 25-Apr-11Haha yeah. I liked how the one dude that blew a tire in that race (lost his shoe) ended up winning.

Pete (Dark haired guy running) has actually done one of these foot races before, after both cars in the semi final CRASHED.. Interesting track days we have here in Victoria.
RB25sx - SLPRMay 3, 2011, 12:35 am · #215

So I bought 15 x 9 centerlines, wrapped them in 205/50/15 R compound, hammered out and pulled out fenders, strapped on a MK3 supra body kit, and lowered the car..

-dan

ProlowtoneMay 3, 2011, 12:53 am · #216

What.. I need pics of that, sounds like it would be good looking

SlickS12May 3, 2011, 2:14 pm · #217

Centerlines are the shit, im ooking for a set right now.

RB25sx - SLPRMay 8, 2011, 11:23 pm · #218

Deeeerrrp tires

posted image

derp.

-Dan

D-sport S12May 14, 2011, 10:10 pm · #219

herp, derp derp. Very nice sir.

RB25sx - SLPRMay 25, 2011, 12:45 pm · #220

Car was handling very badly on monday, old dried out R compounds up front are to blame. Was very spin happy until I put a more conventional set of tires (diamond backs) up front.

Vids soon.

posted image

posted image

Credit goes out to http://speedhero.wordpress.com and http://www.bentmafk.com/ for the shots.

-Dan

SlickS12May 25, 2011, 12:47 pm · #221

Dude, what bumper diid you manage to fit on the back of ur car?  Its lookin fresh whatever it is ha

JordanMay 25, 2011, 5:08 pm · #222
SlickS12 on 12:47:59 PM / 25-May-11Dude, what bumper diid you manage to fit on the back of ur car?  Its lookin fresh whatever it is ha


Agreed, it seems to line up really well.
RB25sx - SLPRMay 25, 2011, 5:34 pm · #223

MK3 supra kit, the front looks mangled since I crashed it into a curb / there is very little of the original front of this car left (rebar, headlight motors, rad support)

-dan

RB25sx - SLPRMay 26, 2011, 5:42 pm · #224

Next few projects for this car:

- Move steering rack forward to reduce ackerman
- Re-mount front sway bar
- Carefully cut and welded knuckles, no roll center adjusters yet
- Rear RUCAs and Toe arms
- New oem clutch
- Lengthen driveshaft (has never been quite long enough)

-dan

BattleFairyJun 2, 2011, 4:33 am · #225
posted image
 :wideeyed:

you should do a detailed post in the visual section. that rear bumper looks perfect! Details Man, we want see them :yay!:
RB25sx - SLPRJul 12, 2011, 4:29 am · #226

Car has been painted half-panda (white/black)..

posted image

Also, new video is up:

ProlowtoneJul 12, 2011, 8:19 am · #227

I thought the wagon was going over hahahaha. Car looks good

tommyJul 12, 2011, 10:22 am · #228

Just spotted a member on 3tcgarage.com... the guy with the red 1st gen corolla 69 I believe...

nice vid btw

RB25sx - SLPRJul 12, 2011, 6:01 pm · #229

The wagon was very, very close to going over.. carbed 12a rotary power!

-dan

D-sport S12Jul 18, 2011, 1:23 am · #230

I need to make a island trip maybe later this summer when my s12 is running; then we need to party......
and super abnoxious exhaust on your car

RB25sx - SLPRJul 18, 2011, 2:41 am · #231

haha, you mean the screamer pipe? Or the fact that it is still a 2.5" system?

Come to capital drift on August 1st, its gonna be rad.

-dan

DeezusJul 18, 2011, 6:17 am · #232

Just watched a rad video with your car in it...

D-sport S12Jul 18, 2011, 8:16 pm · #233
RB25sx - SLPR on 02:41:35 AM / 18-Jul-11haha, you mean the screamer pipe? Or the fact that it is still a 2.5" system?

Come to capital drift on August 1st, its gonna be rad.

-dan

screamer pipe + needs 3" to dual 4" blast pipes

I would love to make it down on the 1st, don't see it happening though :(
just applied for a new job so we will see what happens
RB25sx - SLPRJul 26, 2011, 2:50 am · #234

Just some casual grinding.. Correcting rear toe the difficult way.

posted image

-dan

RB25sx - SLPRAug 6, 2011, 4:42 am · #235

Within the first 30 seconds, there is some neat in-car footage of an 'incident' between me and a driver who spun out.


-dan
IggyEGuanaAug 6, 2011, 6:16 am · #236

daym!

what happened to the s12?

RB25sx - SLPRAug 8, 2011, 1:41 pm · #237

Pushed in the fender, cracked a tail light. I happened to have spares from a parts car - so now its all already back together. I drove the whole rest of the day like that. TWAS GOOD.


-dan

edit: Here's the footage of the crash, really quite minor damage.. the fluid on the ground came from a 1L bottle of oil I had in the trunk that got ruptured..

KustamogenAug 9, 2011, 11:11 am · #238

hahaha who was the one saying "you wrote my car off" "fuckkkkkking bitch".......................haha Im assuming the other guy?

Navy_Mech2Aug 9, 2011, 3:51 pm · #239

or dont suck and spin out?? lol

Gomesf1Aug 9, 2011, 8:12 pm · #240
Navy_Mech2 on 03:51:07 PM / 09-Aug-11or dont suck and spin out?? lol
exactly he trippin. "why so close dude?"

cuz ur ass sux do get in the ring with ali cuz u think you can box lol
RB25sx - SLPRAug 10, 2011, 2:12 am · #241

Everyone starts somewhere, and in this guy's case - he probably didn't have enough steering lock to recover from the spin. ALSO I did smush in his minty minty fresh corolla - he's a buddy but he lost his cool a bit and we laughed about it later.

Keep drifting fun, y'know?

-Dan

DeezusAug 10, 2011, 2:28 am · #242

I like to make an agreement with anyone i tandem with

"if we bump, its mutual. No matter what."

D-sport S12Aug 10, 2011, 8:30 pm · #243
Deezus on 02:28:18 AM / 10-Aug-11I like to make an agreement with anyone i tandem with

"if we bump, its mutual. No matter what."


This..... Come to D-day dan, i will tandem with you, won't get mad.
Don't bring that guy cause i will hit him on purpose to see his reaction...

lol lol, U mad bro?
RB25sx - SLPRAug 11, 2011, 1:45 am · #244

Oh dang, your car is up and running? Sweet.

I wont be at this D-day, too broke.. Renting a shop and got a new project car (will post details soon, its a RWD nissan of some variety).

-Dan

D-sport S12Aug 11, 2011, 2:05 am · #245

well not quite running yet, hopefully have the engine built by sunday. I think i know what your new project is, according to facebook lol

ProlowtoneAug 11, 2011, 2:25 am · #246

I would come watch hahaha. I dont drift..... at least yet or in my current s12

fyneyoungstunnaAug 11, 2011, 3:23 am · #247

sucks wreck. More about body kit w/ pics.

David BAug 13, 2011, 4:14 am · #248
RB25sx - SLPR on 12:25:16 PM / 13-Mar-11So in addition to re-doing my 240sx rear end, I also decided to finally investigate my cooling options.. Heres what happened
  • Gutted and chopped out upper rad support
  • Cut off headlight motors and solid mounted headlights into upright position
  • Built custom containment cage for intercooler and rad (all mounted with ballermatic metric hardware)

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

Still do to:

  • Custom front bumper rebar to hold bumper skin/crash bar
  • Mount new H4 headlights
  • Plumb some IC pipes
  • New rad hoses (have the lower, need to source an upper that will fit)
  • Clean up some wiring

-Dan


this is sick dude. really portrays what i was trying to make instead of a V mount i might be doing something similar to mine because my 1j gets hot sideways. if you dont mind.

your s12 is looking bad ass though.
RB25sx - SLPRAug 15, 2011, 3:02 am · #249

Thanks David, since doing this upgrade I have had almost no cooling issues - and when I did it was because I have a very minor headgasket leak and was running low on coolant :S . That lower bar also acts as an excellent cow-catcher and protects your IC/rad from tires, bumpers, debris etc.

So.. Not to say I am putting the S12 on the backburner, but I picked up a neat new project for a steal of a deal.. And by that I mean it was a theft recovery, hence the missing parts.. As of today I have it running and driving, still needs seats, headlights and a trunk though.

posted image

posted image

-dan

I_heart_VVLAug 15, 2011, 1:36 pm · #250

man, i wish i lived in canada. :(
so what are your plans for the R32?