Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

V8 in s12

Started by ls12 · Jan 12, 2010 · 119postsSMF 2010–26

derekleeMar 10, 2010, 8:14 pm · #51

DAMN! you beat me! I've been having dreams about doing this! I wanted to do it once my turbo blows or my motor gives up! I was just going to use a 350, carbureted with an MSD ignition and a 6 speed manual so I could be lazy and not really worry about wiring, just gut the wiring except for whats needed for lights and etc.

DAMN that's nice, GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!

danginaMar 10, 2010, 9:55 pm · #52

Love the time ur taking by painting all the suspension, ect. Looks great under the car - what r ur plans for the exterior of the car?

ls12Mar 11, 2010, 2:27 am · #53
derekleeDAMN! you beat me! I've been having dreams about doing this! I wanted to do it once my turbo blows or my motor gives up! I was just going to use a 350, carbureted with an MSD ignition and a 6 speed manual so I could be lazy and not really worry about wiring, just gut the wiring except for whats needed for lights and etc.

DAMN that's nice, GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks  the wiring is not that hard. Just make it a stand alone unit and use the old wiring and ecu. A old steel 350 would weight much more then the LS, and have much less power. The 350 is much less tunable also..
I love the LS engines  so much aftermaked parts, LS forums, much power with less cash++  

danginaLove the time ur taking by painting all the suspension, ect. Looks great under the car - what r ur plans for the exterior of the car?

wont do much with the exterior. cos there is not much to do with this car  I am not a ricer  ..
I am more after the olschool bad ass look. it should look like its on steeroids  

Wide wheels, LOWERED, fender flares, not much exstra plastic shit all over...
PraizewoodMar 11, 2010, 2:32 am · #54

Don't forget your liggebrett! Is it going to be in the trunk? Good for long trips

LonelyS12Mar 11, 2010, 2:38 am · #55
ls12posted image

what lower control arm is at?

very nice project!
ls12Mar 11, 2010, 10:08 am · #56
PraizewoodDon't forget your liggebrett! Is it going to be in the trunk? Good for long trips
Hehe no I wont  I actually use it to move the engine around on

LonelyS12what lower control arm is at?

very nice project!

Its a s13-S14 contoll arm. I have actually used them with the s12 knuckles also. No problem the way they are designed  
Here is a link to the ones driftworks makes. http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/products...32-r33-r34.html

Here is with the s12 suspension
posted image

S13 suspension

posted image
ls12May 16, 2010, 7:08 am · #57

a little uppdate.

Pained the underside, wheel well and engine bay  

 
posted image
VG33ERGazelle?May 16, 2010, 7:32 am · #58

your suspension is like a rainbow of dreams and candy

brewster240May 16, 2010, 8:16 am · #59

i picked up this thing, s14 with ls2, friday morning, drove 3 hours to drift event, drifted all night, and drove 3 hours home. you are going to love this engine. its amazing.

posted image

jayyMay 19, 2010, 5:06 pm · #60

You are my new hero

vegasS12May 19, 2010, 10:18 pm · #61

how flush are the 225 tires up front? love were this project is going

ls12May 20, 2010, 8:28 pm · #62
vegasS12how flush are the 225 tires up front? love were this project is going

They are not flush at all  
With the Brock B1 rims you see at the last pics they stick out about 1-2 inches of the fender.
Fender flares

brewster240i picked up this thing, s14 with ls2, friday morning, drove 3 hours to drift event, drifted all night, and drove 3 hours home. you are going to love this engine. its amazing.

 looking good  

is the LS2 stock?
brewster240May 21, 2010, 3:13 am · #63

long tubes and an intake. im getting used to the power already though, i think a cam and better tune is coming, after i do some chassis service.

ls12May 30, 2010, 11:34 am · #64

What does this do??  

posted image

ls12May 30, 2010, 1:55 pm · #65

okay. what does this do then?

kelso840May 30, 2010, 5:15 pm · #66

That, my friend, makes it hazardous for me to get up out of my chair in public.

FLYING FLAG!

Phisherman09May 30, 2010, 5:18 pm · #67

jesus this build is epic. like godzilla epic.

200sxkitcarMay 31, 2010, 5:03 am · #68


yeahhhhh

I cannot WAIT to see pics of a supercharger poking out of an S12 hood.  defines epic.

keep it coming man!
Johnny_boiMay 31, 2010, 5:29 am · #69

more pic please!

brewster240May 31, 2010, 11:45 am · #70

just put it in and start driving. plenty of power already. much more just makes it stupid.

posted image

ls12May 31, 2010, 1:36 pm · #71
brewster240just put it in and start driving. plenty of power already. much more just makes it stupid.

I will drive it almost stock at first. Maybe for a long time too! Just waiting for a cam kit, HP tuners, driveshaft, fuel cell, +++. Stuff that I NEED to make this thing start.

The supercharger is NOT first priority. But it will happend    
ls12Aug 17, 2010, 6:46 pm · #72

Update!
I wont get this thing running this summer  
I have been waiting for some parts for over 3 monts, parts that I need to continue building this thing.
So now I have the winter to make this thing running.

The engine will probably be stroked   From a 350 to 383. Because I need to change the pistons and rods and then balance it, and since norway is so expencive its cheaper to buy a complete balanced stroker kit from the US  

So it will probaly be a totaly forged 383 LS1 with a supercharger and FI cam  
Over this winter hopefully.

But right now I have pics of some parts that I have received  

Accusump. Holds some extra oil in case of starvation.
posted image

The Supercharger
posted image
posted image

New clutch
posted image
posted image

This is how the LS block looks right now
posted image

D-sport S12Aug 17, 2010, 7:14 pm · #73

looking good still, im the almost the same as you right now, except my build is waiting for the winter because im broke lol.

I've been waiting on an update for this for so long

DeezusAug 17, 2010, 8:08 pm · #74

the only thing that would make this any cooler would be a rear subframe swap.

VG33ERGazelle?Aug 17, 2010, 8:44 pm · #75

what model supercharger is that?

It sort of looks like a TVS eaton

danginaAug 17, 2010, 10:33 pm · #76

YYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

hotdoghogieAug 18, 2010, 2:49 am · #77

Not to rain on your prarade but isn't the bar welded in that connects the rear strut towers illegal in most racing clubs? or is that just SCCA?

Also how the roll cage is connected to it, wouldn't that cause it to be weak seeing that the sandwich/ mounting plates are on a thinner part of metal?

ls12Aug 18, 2010, 7:23 am · #78
hotdoghogieNot to rain on your prarade but isn't the bar welded in that connects the rear strut towers illegal in most racing clubs? or is that just SCCA?

Also how the roll cage is connected to it, wouldn't that cause it to be weak seeing that the sandwich/ mounting plates are on a thinner part of metal?

My cage is only for my own protection. On the tracks I will be driving I dont even need a cage at all.

But from what I can see this bar is not illegal. Dont know if we have the same rules..

The mounting plate and bars wont come lose! Its actually a frame inside the strut tower strong enough to carry the car alone, even without the sheet metal.
The strur towers are not only made of the sheet matal you se at the pics.
ls12Aug 18, 2010, 8:31 am · #79
VG33ERGazelle?what model supercharger is that?

It sort of looks like a TVS eaton

Yes its a eaton. a 122
VG33ERGazelle?Aug 18, 2010, 12:34 pm · #80
ls12Yes its a eaton. a 122

yummyyy....I wanna get an updated blower for my car once I get it running well
ls12Aug 18, 2010, 12:57 pm · #81
VG33ERGazelle?yummyyy....I wanna get an updated blower for my car once I get it running well

I am using this supercharger because it was cheap, maybe getting a bigger whipple later if I feel I need it. But I dont think I will, can get 600whp with this. thats enough in a s12 i think
VG33ERGazelle?Aug 18, 2010, 1:04 pm · #82
ls12I am using this supercharger because it was cheap, maybe getting a bigger whipple later if I feel I need it. But I dont think I will, can get 600whp with this. thats enough in a s12 i think  

uuhhh yeah that's more than enough lol. trust me, 300 is more than enough to make one of these wicked quick.
blacky05Aug 30, 2010, 4:51 pm · #83

Man this thing is epic!! Can't wait to see the final result!

ls12Aug 31, 2010, 7:12 pm · #84
blacky05Man this thing is epic!! Can't wait to see the final result!

Thanks!  

have not done much latly.. missing parts (dont order from thunder racing), low on cash and have had to much weekation  

I got the driveshaft home today    it feels realy strong !
T56 chevy yoke in one end and nissan s13 diff flange on the other. big spicer joints, twise the size of the orginal nissan joints  

using s13 diff flange on the axle because its bigger, so I can use bigger joints on the axle. I just pick up a diff flange from a s13 diff and it will all fit together.

pics later..
sideways_s12Sep 17, 2010, 12:53 am · #85

damn get this beast on the road already wanna see some vids

ls12Sep 30, 2010, 6:16 pm · #86

I FINALY got some of the parts i ordered before the summer. but still need the stroker kit to build the engine..

Here is the custom driveshaft

posted image

compared to the old one

posted image

Modified diff flange

posted image


Post Merge: 06:23:05 PM / 30-Sep-10
Some of the parts I got

Dual havy duty valve springs with titanium retainers

posted image

Melling gigh volume oil pump

posted image

Fast fuel rails

posted image

custom blower cam

posted image

And lots of smal parts like theremostat, packings ++
EightySix200SXSep 30, 2010, 6:27 pm · #87

nice! shes gonna be a beast!

ls12Sep 30, 2010, 6:33 pm · #88

I got tired of the old loose wiper arm system, that was knocking from side to side.
So i replaced the old plastic bushings with some heim joints. Not painted yet, but greased in.

posted image

Painted engine mount

posted image

And just placed the supercharger on the block to see how it looks   yay!  yay!

posted image
posted image
posted image

VG33ERGazelle?Sep 30, 2010, 6:36 pm · #89

I love v series motors with blowers on top. =]

LeegamerSep 30, 2010, 8:58 pm · #90

Your suspension is gonna be like "WTF is going on?"

DjayS12Sep 30, 2010, 11:04 pm · #91
Leegamer on 08:58:23 PM / 30-Sep-10Your suspension is gonna be like "WTF is going on?"

So would do most street car owners when they will see this thing taking of!

Keep up the progress man!
sideways_s12Oct 1, 2010, 2:51 am · #92

can't wait for the finished product...

hotdoghogieNov 2, 2010, 5:36 pm · #93

any updates?

ls12Nov 4, 2010, 6:26 pm · #94

haven't done anything on the car since my last post on here  reallysad
Have been in Brasil for some weeks, nice and hot over there compared to Norway..

But there have been some sort of "progress". The stroker kit wont be sendt out before the end of this month  sniffles

The good news is that I got some ported and polished 243 heads with new valve job and racing valves  sleezy with my dual heavy duty valve springs and titanium ratainers it will be some killer heads Smiley
243 heads are the best Gen 3 heads GM have produced.

Thanks for all the great comments !!

danginaNov 19, 2010, 9:06 am · #95

finish it already! cant wait to see this puppy in action!!!

ProlowtoneNov 19, 2010, 9:43 am · #96

I think i just fell in love hahaha, this thread is pretty sick!

s12swedenNov 19, 2010, 8:59 pm · #97

Hello neighbour  yes , why dont you come to Sweden this summer to visit with your S12  yay!

alundraAug 22, 2012, 3:02 pm · #98

A piece of art!

tommyAug 22, 2012, 3:22 pm · #99

Damn, that T56 is a pretty damn long tranny to use such a small one piece shaft (I'm talking about length here ;) )

noS12Aug 25, 2012, 12:57 am · #100

maybe one day i can afford this swap :D, but nice job cant wait to see this thing finished.