Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

V8 in s12

Started by ls12 · Jan 12, 2010 · 119postsSMF 2010–26

ls12Aug 25, 2012, 1:56 pm · #101

A big thanks to Ben Diggles for helping me finding some new stub axles!! And to Joseph at Chequered Flag Racing.net for producing them :D

Going to get machined the same superstrong chromoly stub axles as Ben used to run low 9 sec down the strip. Only way I can feel "safe" and dont be afraid to put some drag radials on :) 
Post Merge


tommy on 03:22:25 PM / 22-Aug-12Damn, that T56 is a pretty damn long tranny to use such a small one piece shaft (I'm talking about length here ;) )

Yeah the trans is a little longer, but the engine and trans is also moved about 30cm backwords. I moved the firewall and all.  Several reasons I desided to put it a little longer back. It made more rom for the sump/steering rack (Or else I had to put the engine to far forward for my liking). Also better weight ratio front vs rear and placed the gearshifter closer to the driver. The engine compartment are small then the s13-14
s12richAug 26, 2012, 4:54 pm · #102

pics? :cool2:

ls12Aug 26, 2012, 6:05 pm · #103

Pics of the firewall?

There are some pics in this tread of it, but here are some more.

normaly the wall is flat, but here you can see the hole is much bigger. Did not move the complete wall, only what I needed.
posted image

Bigger tunel and "hole" for the engine
posted image

Old pics, but you see
posted image

Engine inside the car. (going to be interesting getting the supercharger in there)
posted image

Bit hard to see but it its several inches through the firewall
posted image

haha also found this, dont know if I have posted it.
posted image

sideways_s12Aug 26, 2012, 9:57 pm · #104

Is that functional angle?

ls12Aug 27, 2012, 3:08 am · #105

yup :)
I am building my own suspension. Fully adjustabable at that angle to. But that was with orginal size rims, I am working on making the same angle with 17x9.5 rims.

XortioNApr 21, 2013, 7:28 am · #106

What an engine, can't wait to see this running  :devilsidesmile:

ls12Jun 2, 2013, 3:21 pm · #107

picture dump!

Cockpit updated with gearstick, hydraulic handbrake with brake bias adjuster and a accusump bottle

posted image

posted image

posted image

3000!! hp axlses. yes 3000hp  :tongue2:

posted image

posted image

posted image

Engine

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image
Post Merge


Hood actually closes and it looks all stock on the outside
turbo-s12Jun 2, 2013, 3:28 pm · #108

Thats just beautiful....

AlEx_RaCiNg666Jun 2, 2013, 4:35 pm · #109

this thing is crazy as hell

DjayS12Jun 2, 2013, 5:23 pm · #110

Funny but it almost looks like it would clear a MKII bulge hood!

When do you thing the car will be on the road? Can't wait to hear it!

pakii-afaJun 2, 2013, 9:15 pm · #111

Djay, he said in the last pic that the hood closes and looks stock on the outside :)

sideways_s12Jun 2, 2013, 10:12 pm · #112

where did you buy the hydro ebrake and how hard was it to install?

ls12Jun 3, 2013, 3:25 am · #113
sideways_s12 on 10:12:53 PM / 02-Jun-13where did you buy the hydro ebrake and how hard was it to install?

Bought it from ebay. And its just bolted to the tunnel with four M8 bolts where I wanted it. Brake lines is easy! just take the brake line that goes to the rear wheels and run it through the pump. (btw the line that coms from front master cylinder goes in the rear hole on the pump, and the front hole on the pump conects line continuing backwards)
sideways_s12Jun 4, 2013, 1:16 am · #114

Im going to have to get one....

methylpropJun 5, 2013, 8:02 am · #115

This build is insane. I'm about to buy one of those hydro brake setups to use as a staging brake.

vegasS12Jun 5, 2013, 10:59 am · #116

NICE!! where did you get the axles from?

ls12Jun 6, 2013, 4:04 am · #117

Drivehsaftshop made the axles for me. Since I changed the diff and stub axle bolt pattern to the 108mm porsche 930,  I just had to order some custom lenght 930 axles. Saved a little money this way since they dit not need to make any adapters. DSS use the 930 cv on all the axsles they make cos its the stongest.
I ordered the same axsles as Mark Carlyle's used in his 6sec Twin Turbo Corvette.
Stub axsles are the same as Ben D used in his 9sec S12

s12richJun 6, 2013, 3:00 pm · #118

Holy shit batman, .......Did u see that?.....awesome build dude

ArroJun 6, 2013, 5:52 pm · #119

I have absolutely no idea how much it would cost to make those axles here. Not impossible, but no idea.