Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Project: Resurrection.

Started by sideways_s12 · Feb 22, 2010 · 676postsSMF 2010–26

IggyEGuanaMay 10, 2010, 12:55 am · #51

dont forget he half wired in a electric fan controller but had no electric fan lolz

sideways_s12May 10, 2010, 1:05 am · #52

oh yeah lol the wiring on this car is pure win!!!

D-sport S12May 11, 2010, 4:32 am · #53

Nice to see this thing is going to be coming togther

sideways_s12May 11, 2010, 2:20 pm · #54

yeah I had a chance to buy my bearings but I fucked off the money and now I'm pissed at my self because we could atleast have the bottom end finished this week.

sideways_s12May 14, 2010, 12:09 pm · #55

anyway update cleaned the pistons yesterday so they are nice a purdy and waiting for the rings to go on gonna buy my bearings on payday along with my headgasket money permitting also need to hone it and bottomend will be done woot can't wait

sideways_s12May 15, 2010, 6:13 pm · #56

Mrs.sideways won some money at the casino so i ordered my bearings today if all goes well I will have the bottomend finished next thurday and friday if everything goes really well then I'll have the car running then too but I won't hold my breath for that one lol

sam31183May 15, 2010, 10:23 pm · #57

maybe she can win big again and you guys can really start putting these s12s together!  grats.

demonic s12May 15, 2010, 11:03 pm · #58

baller...

looks like hung will have some competition

sideways_s12May 16, 2010, 7:09 pm · #59
sam31183maybe she can win big again and you guys can really start putting these s12s together!  grats.

lol she didn't win big lol I wish.....my goal is to have it running right before we move at the end of the month so I can drive it to the new place instead of tow it we already have 2 s12's that need to be towed the sad part is one actually runs but isnt driveable lol

demonic s12baller...

looks like hung will have some competition


Whats he doing?
sideways_s12May 21, 2010, 2:51 pm · #60

Update got the piston swapped and the new rings on gonna do beaings today hone and hopefully have the bottom end buttoned up then I need to order headgasket and put everything backhopefully I'll have her running next week wish me luck lol.

EternalSwapMay 21, 2010, 7:02 pm · #61

GL man! i want vids

PraizewoodMay 21, 2010, 7:25 pm · #62
EternalSwapGL man! i want vids
Of what?  

This is really cool. Car looks good and soon its going to run good as well.
sideways_s12May 22, 2010, 1:45 pm · #63

he prob wants vids of it running lol but I need to sell some of my shit so I can get a headgasket that bitch is 70 dollars welcome to the world of jdm motors I guess lol

sideways_s12May 26, 2010, 12:12 pm · #64

alright got the shortblock buttoned up new rings new bearings and the block has been honed just need a few things to get her running I have aome pics but they have to wait till I get home.

sideways_s12May 27, 2010, 10:39 am · #65

on with the pics

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-9.jpg)

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-10.jpg)

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-13.jpg)

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-14.jpg)

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-15.jpg)

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-16.jpg)

The workspace
(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-11.jpg)

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-12.jpg)
lol yup that's iggy

Just a few more things and she will be running again woot I cant wait

sorry about the size i uploaded them from my phone i guess it doesn't resize them lol

EightySix200SXMay 27, 2010, 1:10 pm · #66

DAMNIT! i have a ca18det bearing set for crank 0.25 at home u shoulda hit me up! lol

good to see ur making progress.... do post vids when she is running again.

IggyEGuanaMay 27, 2010, 9:54 pm · #67

size of the pics is good.  the real gem here is WE'RE IN AN APARTMENT COMPLEX lol.  repeatedly pulling and installing motors at Jasons apartment is win

sideways_s12May 28, 2010, 12:21 pm · #68

the pics were huge when I first posted them up. And yes pulling and installing motors in my complex is huge win lol.

sam31183May 28, 2010, 6:13 pm · #69

your neighbors must love you guys...lol.

200sxkitcarMay 29, 2010, 12:22 am · #70

theyre not giving you shit about that anymore??  I suppose they gave up ahaha

looks good man keep it comin!

sideways_s12May 29, 2010, 12:11 pm · #71
sam31183your neighbors must love you guys...lol.


Haha we've only been bitched at once and I don't think the lady even lives here anymore lol and actually everone else asks if we will work on there cars as well but we always say no lol

200sxkitcartheyre not giving you shit about that anymore??  I suppose they gave up ahaha

looks good man keep it comin!


I don't live in the same place anymore Sterling we moved roughly a yeah ago lol but it's pretty leinent (sp) here and we always clean up our mess so it's all good.
ArroMay 29, 2010, 12:43 pm · #72

Yeah the new place (if it's the last place I was at) is pretty nice actually.

sideways_s12May 29, 2010, 9:40 pm · #73

Yeah J its the same place...

sideways_s12Jun 16, 2010, 9:57 pm · #74

Forgot to mention I got the topmount manifold few weeks back may be going with a 60 trim if the t28 is no good but we'll see....

sideways_s12Jun 28, 2010, 11:13 pm · #75

Ok finally an update I sold the maxipad finally and had some money left over after paying bills so I ordered my headgasket it will be here tomorrow and if all goes well I can go to the jy tomorrow and pick up a knock sensor just need a couple of hoses and hopefully she will be running by the end of this week (again if all goes well)

LyniumJun 28, 2010, 11:46 pm · #76

Sweet!

I hope you guys get a chance to take out all three at once, (iggy, Sideways, and Mrs sideways,) and go do a bunch of drifting or something together kinda thing when you get her finished up n broke in.

And DOOOONT forget a fourth person to video it all!!! lol

I just think it would be so sweet n kickass... almost as sweet and kickass as your cars themselves!!!

sideways_s12Jun 29, 2010, 5:26 pm · #77

lol mrs.sideways car wont be running for awhile unfortunety she will be getting my single cam ca with bartco stuff if the other she wants falls through but that motor is a secret lol you guys won't know about that till its in the car and running and i have big plans for the red car when i get the funds together and its all blue printed out you'll see an update in my old build thread. and thx for the compliment lynium

LyniumJun 29, 2010, 6:30 pm · #78

you guys make vegas seem so kickin. never mind the strip n crap, if I ever go touristing down there, it wont be for gambling!!

are you sure you gona keep it a secret? I wanted to hold off on mine till it was all done 100% then just do a full bore showcase of it in a thread.. pre type out the posts n all, then post it all at once..

however, im impatient, and I wouldnt be able to get the help and glean the knowledge Im gona need from everyone here. and it looks like its gona take me a million years!!!

sideways_s12Jun 30, 2010, 4:30 pm · #79

yeah its gonna be a secret but when it's done everyone on here will say holy shit thats awesome it'll have dyno numbers lets just Im gonna be the ben d of the US lol

sideways_s12Jul 6, 2010, 9:39 pm · #80

Sorry for the lack of an update haven't really had much drive to work on my car lol iono why either because i really want to drive it but don't want to work on it. I will more than likely put the heead on tomorrow for sure and see where it goes from there....

sideways_s12Jul 7, 2010, 8:51 pm · #81

so I went outside today to work on my car when i got off and as I was putting the head on I broke the knock sensor YAY ME!!! JFC!! Oh and before that I locked my keys in the car that's always smart so that ends my shitty day I just called it quits and went in the house

Wolf DilworthJul 8, 2010, 10:07 am · #82
sideways_s12Oh and before that I locked my keys in the car that's always smart

Hide-a-Key is your friend.    
EightySix200SXJul 13, 2010, 11:24 pm · #83
Wolf DilworthHide-a-Key is your friend.  

then find-a-key whoooooa!
sideways_s12Jul 14, 2010, 1:08 pm · #84

I don't have a spare for the car yet because there was no need since I wouldn't be driving it

Wolf DilworthJul 15, 2010, 3:27 pm · #85
EightySix200SXthen find-a-key whoooooa!

...Not where I have mine hid.  You will not find it unless you know where it is.  
LeegamerJul 15, 2010, 3:52 pm · #86
Wolf Dilworth...Not where I have mine hid.  You will not find it unless you know where it is.


Inside your anus?
Wolf DilworthJul 15, 2010, 9:59 pm · #87
LeegamerInside your anus?

No!?...  Yuck!  Man I thought I was a sick one...  You win.

Seriously, I have a perfect hiding place, it is there on yours too.
Ju_S12_TurboJul 15, 2010, 11:21 pm · #88

dude like any nissan key from around those years will work lol

sideways_s12Jul 16, 2010, 11:56 am · #89

Not on my car they won't I have a lot of nissan keys and none worked lol. Hopefully today I will get my car started with some help from iggy if he is in the mood to work on it lol

sideways_s12Jul 29, 2010, 1:57 pm · #90

got the head on yesterday just need to torque it down then do all the litle shit hopefully by the second week of aug it will be running? *crosses finger*

EightySix200SXJul 29, 2010, 7:43 pm · #91

I hope so dude!!!! I know ur itching to drive it dude.

sideways_s12Jul 30, 2010, 1:02 pm · #92
EightySix200SXI hope so dude!!!! I know ur itching to drive it dude.

hell yeah i am lol trying to get it up by the end of summer cruise we have here...which is the 15th
KeithJul 30, 2010, 1:19 pm · #93
sideways_s12hell yeah i am lol trying to get it up
sideways_s12Jul 31, 2010, 10:51 pm · #94

^^^ lol

I got the exhaust manifold on today just need to hook of the feed and return lines along with the down pipe then it's just:

radiator
fluids
shifter
timing and all the diff plugs to be hooked up and then it will be time for break in...WOOT!

Mrs.Sideways_S12Aug 2, 2010, 3:09 pm · #95

The car would go faster if people stopped coming over to ask Jason to look at their cars while we are out there working on the s12. lol
He is now the apt car guy lol

sideways_s12Aug 2, 2010, 4:04 pm · #96

Yeah

sideways_s12Aug 4, 2010, 1:11 pm · #97

So got a lot of work done these past few days and it sooooooo close to firing up hopefully today will be the day we fire it and get it running I'm hoping everything is gonna go smoothly. Just a handful of little shit left to do.

sideways_s12Aug 5, 2010, 12:40 am · #98

this is fucking wack got everything together and now i have a coolant one from the water pump and one from the back of the head i didn't even get to start it I ready to say fuck it and sell all my s12s and all my shit and go do something else this shit is starting to become a complete waste of money!!!!

EightySix200SXAug 5, 2010, 2:55 am · #99
sideways_s12this is fucking wack got everything together and now i have a coolant one from the water pump and one from the back of the head i didn't even get to start it I ready to say fuck it and sell all my s12s and all my shit and go do something else this shit is starting to become a complete waste of money!!!!

ahhhh! dont sell em!!! heater hose possibly? re silicone the water pump and see where you stand dude.
KustamogenAug 5, 2010, 2:59 am · #100

the rubber part of the coolant feed too my turbo busted behind the back of my head...could hardly see the crack. Give the a check/replace