Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Project: Resurrection.

Started by sideways_s12 · Feb 22, 2010 · 676postsSMF 2010–26

sideways_s12Sep 11, 2010, 9:20 pm · #151

So I encoutered my first problem with the ca my lower rad hose popped a hole in it lol luckily I wasn't driving it when it leaked. So it was an easy fix


Post Merge: 09:22:21 PM / 11-Sep-10
Also had a freeway run with a buddy he was in an a4 and he only got me by an half a car it was from 80 to 125 is where I shut down

Post Merge: 06:07:12 PM / 12-Sep-10
update I replaced that janky ass hotpipe I had a guy I know with a ca had one laying around so I swooped up on it lol no more rad hose as the hot pipe
IggyEGuanaSep 15, 2010, 6:23 pm · #152

the new hotpipe is sexy

sideways_s12Sep 15, 2010, 7:54 pm · #153

haha thanks just need a reducer

sideways_s12Sep 21, 2010, 10:41 pm · #154

well the zipties on holding the bumper on decided to tell me to go fuck my couch and I drug the bumper for about a mile didn't realize it was draggin till someone passed me and i heard the scraping so now the bumper is all fucked up but the lip seems to be in good condition. Need a new bumper now mk2 without bumper support if anybody is feeling in a generous mood and wants to send me one I'd greatly appreciate it Smiley

IggyEGuanaSep 23, 2010, 5:03 am · #155

one will pop up in the yard. just check once a week

sideways_s12Sep 23, 2010, 1:54 pm · #156

I'm sure it will just gotta make it to the yard to check but that won't be happenin for awhile because I got rent comin uhp boo I hate being an adult

sideways_s12Oct 9, 2010, 5:53 pm · #157

so no more tubuluar mani for me lol piece of ebay shit decided it was gonna break lol the collector broke off from the flange so iggy let me use his stock mani till either I find another tubular if I decided to use another one.


Post Merge: 02:27:15 PM / 10-Oct-10
Car sounds sooooo sexy now with the stock mani nice deeeeeeep tone haha. I love it lol anyway I know its not much of an update but hey the car is running (still) and I'm not ready to mod it yet... gonna wait for a dd before I do that tho because the car is gonna be down for a bit to do some major modding hahahaha

Post Merge: 08:29:18 AM / 10-Oct-10
Goin for 10's in my s12 with the det I know I can get there and know all the mods I need to get there.....there's a guy here that runs tens in his s13 with his ca and he basically told me his whole setup so be prepared for a 10 sec s12
EightySix200SXOct 11, 2010, 5:53 am · #158

Got two mk2 cars ay the yards man shipping might be a bit of a bitch due to size I know greyhound does really cheap shipping man

sideways_s12Oct 11, 2010, 3:42 pm · #159

Well I would be willing to make the drive to cali to grab it I have to pick up my diff and axles from sterling anyway so imdef not opposed to a road trip


Post Merge: 01:10:55 AM / 12-Oct-10
forgot to mention I smashed on a modded 280z the other day wehoo I love the ca lol
RoofOct 12, 2010, 5:24 am · #160

nice congrats at getting it working!  CA18det ftw, one of these day's iggy, hung, me and you all have to get together and have a ca showdown!@  rawr!

sideways_s12Oct 12, 2010, 2:07 pm · #161

Haha hell yeah that would be awesome lol

sideways_s12Oct 16, 2010, 7:09 pm · #162

Damn ca and eating rad hoses lol that's 2 now. And this is why I haven't modded yet still working out all the bs.

sideways_s12Oct 20, 2010, 1:58 am · #163

awesome! the water pump is now leaking that's just great lukily I got a spare with the car when i bought it. Also I owned an ek hatch with a bseries swap on the way home from work....

sideways_s12Oct 22, 2010, 10:43 pm · #164

woot water pump is fixed! now if I can stop this pesky oil leak from the turbo and the slight coolant leak from there as well then we'll be all good

sideways_s12Nov 6, 2010, 5:30 pm · #165

changed oil which was long overdue. While changing oil crushed the old oil filter because it decided it wanted to stay on the motor finally got it off and heaved it into the mighty mississippi (yes from vegas I was pissed!) advanced the timing because it was really retarded because iggy and myself didn't know why it was off so much (think it's the wire not reading it right) but the car has more power and is waaaaay smoother up top and down low also boost kicks in in sooner as well. Still need to fix this pesky oil leak problem it is really annoying...

sideways_s12Dec 13, 2010, 7:04 pm · #166

Oil still leaking WTF!!!

IggyEGuanaDec 13, 2010, 11:31 pm · #167

Quadruple clamps ftw ya? Btw we are in the car on our way to socal to get my new s12 woot!!!!!!!

MaxpowDec 13, 2010, 11:55 pm · #168

IN CAR ON THE WAY! Where are you getting it from? When shall you arrive?

IggyEGuanaDec 14, 2010, 8:50 am · #169

We are in norwalk right now. Leavin here in 30 min. Headed to huntington beach

sideways_s12Dec 14, 2010, 11:06 am · #170

Woot he now has the car and we are headed to sterlings to get my diff and axles

MaxpowDec 14, 2010, 12:29 pm · #171

EEEEEK You're on the way to ling lings? fuck. I want to be thar!

IggyEGuanaDec 15, 2010, 1:35 am · #172

ROFL

sideways_s12Dec 15, 2010, 10:59 am · #173

Lol I wanted to be there too but we had to go...lame...atleast we made it back in record time for us...

sideways_s12Dec 31, 2010, 5:31 pm · #174

Not much of an update but I finally got the oil leak to stop woot! Now I need to swap turbos because I think the seals are bad

ProlowtoneDec 31, 2010, 8:11 pm · #175

solved one problem and on to the next hahahaha.

sam31183Dec 31, 2010, 9:10 pm · #176

thats how it works when your troubleshooting s12 problems.

sideways_s12Dec 31, 2010, 9:21 pm · #177

Yeah this just recently started right before I fixed the leak lol I just want to mod my shit lol and I keep running into probs weaksauce....

ProlowtoneDec 31, 2010, 9:42 pm · #178

lol, my jeep is the same way. Its temper mental. My F..king TPS is going on it now, its DTC code is appearing,and at the same time that happened i got a pin hole in the top of my rad which is covered and i cant see it without pulling the thing half way out... :( I also have a vacuum leak to find. My Jeep is awesome, never had a major problem, just a few little bugs that come as it needs maintenance.

My s 12 wont be anything new. Jeep- Just Empty Every Pocket

Hope the new harness and crap work good!

sideways_s12Dec 31, 2010, 11:32 pm · #179

lol thx me too

sideways_s12Jan 7, 2011, 10:43 am · #180

Yeah I think I can confirm the seals on the turbo are bad lol got oil in my exhaust now way its rings because we just replaced they a few months back so on tot the t28 I have

sideways_s12Jan 16, 2011, 12:51 am · #181

Installed the t28 it super sexy sounding lol and pulls like a raped ape hahahaha! Stock wastegate is 12 psi which is a lot more than 7 from the t25g and the seals were def done on the t25g no more smoke from my car since the swap. Wonder what kinda power I'm puttin down......

sam31183Jan 16, 2011, 2:15 am · #182

i think i have wood.

sam31183Jan 16, 2011, 1:02 pm · #183

ha ha ha ha!!!!

sideways_s12Jan 18, 2011, 7:15 pm · #184

Lifted the rear of my black car to try to figure out the noise I have coming from the rear whil on jack stands started it and put it in first to see what the wheels do turns out when I accelerate and let off with out touching the brakes the driverside rear stops completely and then struggles to start moving again of course this is only in the air because the force of the motion of the car keeps the wheel from sticking......

sideways_s12Jan 22, 2011, 4:14 pm · #185

Well the t28 is done fins rubbing against housing not sure how that happened but now I need another turbo this shit is retarded I was gonna swap my walbro in and then the 450's I'm getting but it has to wait now since I need a turbo.....lame!

ProlowtoneJan 22, 2011, 4:22 pm · #186

That sucks dude.

IggyEGuanaJan 22, 2011, 6:40 pm · #187

lemme check it out.  until then u need to triple check ur oil supply to the turbo

sideways_s12Jan 22, 2011, 6:41 pm · #188

Yeah it hella sux now I need to find another turbo


Post Merge: 06:43:45 PM / 22-Jan-11
IggyEGuana on 06:40:47 PM / 22-Jan-11lemme check it out.  until then u need to triple check ur oil supply to the turbo

Trust me its done fins are rubbing it no longer spins freely.....
sideways_s12Jan 27, 2011, 8:19 pm · #189

so the t28 is off the car now found out it didn't like the bolts that were holding it together and decided to start spitting them out one by one till I stopped driving it. Waiting on iggy now to find a rebuild kit for my 60trim and am gonna run that....hopefully nuthing else goes wrong after that *crosses fingers*

sideways_s12Jan 29, 2011, 11:45 am · #190

Put a hold on the 60 trim and iggy is building me a hybrid turbo because it'll be easier and quicker to get my car back on the road gonna swap the rear as well as soon as he and I get some free time at the same time lol....then it'll be back to swapping the walbro and stuff in...

TiboroJan 30, 2011, 6:28 pm · #191

this car is dope man

sideways_s12Jan 30, 2011, 7:35 pm · #192

Haha thanks Teek hopefully I can get it buttoned up so I can dyno and tune it and get back out on sats and start tearin shit up again

sideways_s12Feb 5, 2011, 11:55 am · #193

Prob gonna swap the walbro in today just to get it out of the way and might do 450's as well....

sideways_s12Feb 10, 2011, 11:08 am · #194

Ok well the car is back on the road unfortunetly I have the stock ca t25 on their until iggy gets the other kit to build my hybrid hopefully today she still runs good got a lot of stuff to do to her to get her ready for the weekend runs comin up...and when I do be prepared to see some vids.

IggyEGuanaFeb 11, 2011, 9:50 am · #195

yeah! get on the little details as soon as u get home today.  then we are swapping rears and then a few small things on mine

sideways_s12Feb 11, 2011, 5:03 pm · #196

yup yup oh and mod update buying some 1000cc injectors for when i upgrade to e85 and a bigger snail....

sideways_s12Feb 13, 2011, 4:32 pm · #197

woo hoo major mod update iggy and myself swapped rearends on friday night I have his rearend that he was using in the silver car to drift with also installed a welded r180 also that was from his drift till he snapped an axle drifting. Holds up pretty well too went out on saturday to the runs and did pretty good need more boost tho...and a bigger turbo usuing the stock t25 for now....on to some epic rear swapping pics.....

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/001-11.jpg)

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/003-13.jpg)

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/002-12.jpg)

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/013-4.jpg)

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/009-5.jpg)

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/008-8.jpg)

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/007-6.jpg)

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/006-9.jpg)

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/005-11.jpg)

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/004-11.jpg)


Post Merge: 04:37:41 PM / 13-Feb-11
sorry they are so big pb is being gay...
IggyEGuanaFeb 13, 2011, 4:40 pm · #198

win

sideways_s12Feb 13, 2011, 4:43 pm · #199

We would have had more pics if kendra was here but she was our parts runner lol....also this was all done in an apt complex parking lot yeah they love me.....NOT!

ProlowtoneFeb 13, 2011, 4:58 pm · #200

lol, looking good. My complex is not fond of me. I am always working on cars and trucks, Infront of my garage, half in my garage or in the rear parking lot. Just wait till i get a welder and start my swap and plug in my compressor.