Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

backwoodsbuilderMar 21, 2011, 10:32 pm · #501

I have 2 well 1 parts car but i still look on cl wishing i had another im gunna try an attempt buying all the s12's around my area i can afford lol :) good or bad ones lol

Jeremy AMar 21, 2011, 11:04 pm · #502

Don't hog the S12's!  Spread the love! 

I aligned my hood today,  but I couldn't quite get it as perfect as I'd wanted.

backwoodsbuilderMar 21, 2011, 11:42 pm · #503

i would but theres no other s12 lovers here :/ so im trying to save em from the scrap even tho one got away :( lol

silvertonMar 22, 2011, 4:06 am · #504

bought some z32 wheels.  got the rears on, they fit okay but will probably run a half inch spacer or so.  the fronts need spacers, am looking for shank style lug nuts that will fit so I don't have to buy longer studs.

KustamogenMar 22, 2011, 1:41 pm · #505

bought some 9.5mm spacers for my rears......might have to do a little massaging (I dont think so though).....but I think theyll make the rear look sick

newby200sxMar 22, 2011, 2:20 pm · #506

Picked up the rb prepping it so I can drop it in next week ordered a mount kit hopefully eveything goes smoothly when I put it in,  this is gonna ne one badass s12 by the beginning of the summer :)

silvertonMar 22, 2011, 5:03 pm · #507
Kustamogen on 01:41:07 PM / 22-Mar-11bought some 9.5mm spacers for my rears......might have to do a little massaging (I dont think so though).....but I think theyll make the rear look sick

What are you doing for studs?
methylpropMar 22, 2011, 8:19 pm · #508

Installed new side mirrors on both sides form manual to power, still need to install the wiring and the switch. Pulled both door panels broke the top of 1 the other top is already cracked.  Dug out my spare s14 top mount rear view mirror, and a spare set of s14 sun visors to install later.

KustamogenMar 22, 2011, 9:57 pm · #509
silverton on 05:03:51 PM / 22-Mar-11What are you doing for studs?

extended s13 studs
backwoodsbuilderMar 22, 2011, 10:07 pm · #510

was bored so cut out 20e air box,came out kinda crap but it'll just match the motor

VG33ERGazelle?Mar 22, 2011, 10:09 pm · #511

put on the new taillights from maxpow and center garnish from draconis tonight, car looks sliccckkkk

pics tomorrow

red87200Mar 23, 2011, 9:33 pm · #512

I ordered my wideband and welded more of the exhaust pipe that will feed my turbo

1984 s-12Mar 23, 2011, 9:43 pm · #513

i installed the left side hatch window it had a flexy glas  one i had made like a month ago

heres a pic of the plastic window
 (http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b436/oaescalera/Photo0670Ty.jpg)

new window
(http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b436/oaescalera/110323_151446.jpg)

Wolf DilworthMar 23, 2011, 10:23 pm · #514

Headed out for some work today, idle has been acting up lately and it came to a head today.  The 12 died sitting at a light, used starter to get me out of traffic. called roadside assistance and then called my client and canceled the work today.

Started with fuel system; checked all the vacuum lines, changed filter, changed the pump.  Still no joy.  Checked the electrical connections, and swapped out the distributor with a known good one, bingo!

Took'er out for a drive and all is well... 

Item worth noting:  The exhaust no longer gargles between shifts, muy bueno.   

newby200sxMar 23, 2011, 11:09 pm · #515

Ordered my timing components from rawbrokerage today,  i put the s13 fronts today riding real good :)

MaxpowMar 23, 2011, 11:14 pm · #516

Got it impounded for expired tags. Wewt. It also died on me twice in the middle of the street.

Last night it took me 11 hours to get from Los Angeles (75miles) to my house. Car won't stay on. FML.

heithMar 24, 2011, 12:19 am · #517

lowered my coilover sleeve down 2 inchs
my front end now sits at a normal level and can be slammed

ProlowtoneMar 24, 2011, 4:47 am · #518
Maxpow on 11:14:39 PM / 23-Mar-11Got it impounded for expired tags. Wewt. It also died on me twice in the middle of the street.

Last night it took me 11 hours to get from Los Angeles (75miles) to my house. Car won't stay on. FML.
oh shit man

Head->Reassembled-> installed-> timing adjusted->relocated 2 grounds
new oil change, flushed rad, new coolent,
New Steering wheel. I got busy today, I did score 2 litters of oil and an oil filter for free:) only paid 7 dollars for the other 2 litters and 56 for the head gasket
SlickS12Mar 24, 2011, 5:25 am · #519
Maxpow on 11:14:39 PM / 23-Mar-11Got it impounded for expired tags. Wewt. It also died on me twice in the middle of the street.

Last night it took me 11 hours to get from Los Angeles (75miles) to my house. Car won't stay on. FML.

Why didnt you tell me about this??
Phisherman09Mar 25, 2011, 1:17 am · #520

swapped suspension crap onto the new chassis.. modded knuckles. z32 brakes. gotta figure out sway bar still. meh.

(http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d162/Phisherman09/meh.jpg)

MaxpowMar 25, 2011, 3:13 am · #521
SlickS12 on 05:25:30 AM / 24-Mar-11Why didnt you tell me about this??



Its cool.

Got it out today. Cost me an arm and a leg, and she was damn hesitant to start back up after they drained the battery (assholes left the lights on and fucked with my buttons :() but she's been pretty reliable today so far. Hope she makes it to the meet tomorrow.
Colonel GustardMar 25, 2011, 8:36 am · #522

whooped out an oil change, painted lip kit black, drove it to school and back, boy i love this car

KustamogenMar 25, 2011, 2:40 pm · #523

yanked out the fuel pump.....time for some rewiring.....blargh!

tuhsty s-12Mar 25, 2011, 11:40 pm · #524

i had her painted today

(http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k435/tuhsty/IMG00373-20110324-1809.jpg)

zastabaMar 25, 2011, 11:42 pm · #525

^ Sweet man! Looks real good.

S12CA20EMar 26, 2011, 12:17 am · #526

looks great

MaxpowMar 26, 2011, 1:25 am · #527

White is so clean.

ka-tgazelleMar 26, 2011, 1:29 am · #528

Finished up on the boost leak testing and found 4  boost leaks 3 semi bad and one HUGE one, I could pull the intercooler almost out of the coupler....  Now to just adjusting timing and gap my plugs to .40 and the ka-t should be running even stronger. ITS GETTING STRONGER AND STRONGER BY THE DAY! Aha

SlickS12Mar 26, 2011, 2:30 am · #529
Maxpow on 03:13:08 AM / 25-Mar-11
Its cool.

Got it out today. Cost me an arm and a leg, and she was damn hesitant to start back up after they drained the battery (assholes left the lights on and fucked with my buttons :() but she's been pretty reliable today so far. Hope she makes it to the meet tomorrow.

Damn, I wish I couldve made it before then! Funds have been lacking but tomorrow seems like the day, see you tomorrow night maybe? 

We socal peeps should scrounge up a small meet sunday or something.  Sterling, I need that back window still!!! :)
MaxpowMar 26, 2011, 2:42 am · #530

everyone will be at sterlings sunday.

heithMar 26, 2011, 4:15 am · #531

replaced my rear blown tokico blue shock with mustang kyb gas adjusts
was cheaper to get two kyb shocks then one tokico blues bah

zastabaMar 26, 2011, 1:20 pm · #532
ka-tgazelle on 01:29:39 AM / 26-Mar-11Finished up on the boost leak testing and found 4  boost leaks 3 semi bad and one HUGE one...

What did you do to test for leaks? You make your own testing rig? This is something I gotta do soon cause I bet I got a leak or 2.
JayMar 26, 2011, 1:25 pm · #533

(http://www.midsm.com/mkportal/modules/gallery/album/a_125.jpg)

imtheguy247Mar 26, 2011, 2:00 pm · #534

Figuring out how to fix my starter :/

newby200sxMar 26, 2011, 2:20 pm · #535

drove it to work today my a/c still blowing colder than peter pans island on the ca20e :) yall know how texas is with this damn heat its been awsome and alot of fun to the 20e but soon we shall be departed

silvertonMar 26, 2011, 8:31 pm · #536

replaced my front studs with 45mm ones to run spacers and finally put my z32 wheels on the front.  When doing it though, I found this:

(http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l294/silvertondevil/IMG_20110326_163839.jpg)

So I only got 4 of the 5 replaced, hoping the ebay seller will come through...  super weird though!  The knurl wasn't big enough so it just slipped in to the hole.

Semi-finished (with the studs)

(http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/190271_212218032127893_100000190938619_977882_7853048_n.jpg)

Colonel GustardMar 27, 2011, 12:15 pm · #537

drove her almost 300 miles yesterday with not even the slightest issue. went to Griffith park for the socal meet and went back home, this car is the shit. hitting the 3rd week of no problems with the pedo, new personal record

DjayS12Mar 27, 2011, 3:05 pm · #538

found out one of my fender have a messed up bracket and the lower bolt have stripped to shit. Damn old cars... I'm gonna spend a lot of time on detailing the body of it next automn.

methylpropMar 27, 2011, 5:16 pm · #539

I walked up to my car opened the door talked dirty to it shut the door and walked away. I miss her already.

KustamogenMar 27, 2011, 6:21 pm · #540

rewired zee fuel pump......runs like a champ again!

heithMar 27, 2011, 9:57 pm · #541

wired up my fog lights to a switch

JayMar 27, 2011, 10:19 pm · #542

Broke a corner window by accident.
Replaced corner window shortly afterwards.

(K I lie... It's still buried in snow)

seishukuMar 27, 2011, 10:47 pm · #543

I took my muffler off and proceeded to terrorize the town with lots of high RPM WOT pulls, then put it back on because I have to be to work at 6am the next morning. :lol:

sam31183Mar 28, 2011, 1:31 am · #544
seishuku on 10:47:12 PM / 27-Mar-11I took my muffler off and proceeded to terrorize the town with lots of high RPM WOT pulls, then put it back on because I have to be to work at 6am the next morning. :lol:

I have to be at work at 530 sometimes...my neighbors hate my exhaust around 5am...i have to idle out on to the highway and down the street some...
backwoodsbuilderMar 28, 2011, 1:58 am · #545

engine buttoned up some,helped sis get her eclipse out of shed now i got my work space back! :)
o and found these guy wants $80 for all 4 should i?? tire size is 195/60/14
(http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn186/mje7/untitled.jpg)

S12CA20EMar 28, 2011, 2:20 am · #546

damn they r clean i say GET EM GET EM NOW!!!...LOL

ProlowtoneMar 28, 2011, 3:45 am · #547

^ The one looks clean, I would ceck them out. If they are good i would grab em.

Lip kit mock up, Might pull my dash out tomorrow, also might paint it while its out. also might redo my carpet i am bored.
(http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/1310/img0254qw.jpg) (http://img856.imageshack.us/i/img0254qw.jpg/)

methylpropMar 28, 2011, 5:00 am · #548

nice man. I want a set of front clears.

MaxpowMar 28, 2011, 5:39 am · #549

I need just a driver side mk2 clear. That's the only one that got borked.

I looked at it twice. Maybe I'll fix it tomorrow.

ProlowtoneMar 28, 2011, 7:55 am · #550
methylprop on 05:00:53 AM / 28-Mar-11nice man. I want a set of front clears.
Thanks.
I Think i have a good color for the lip kit. we will see how it turns out. I couldnt sleep so i put in the MK2 tail lights, MK1 bumper reverse lights with MK2 reverse lights=SEX+ forgetting that the MK2 center section does not fit without the MK2 metal section above the bumper=slight silly FAIL. But the MK1 center fits, there is just huge getto gaps on the sides of the top

Getto pics tomorrow