Replaced the missing rear garnish that goes above the license plate. washed, buffed, waxed my tail lights. and licensed it! Now I can get tickets when going through red light cameras and speed traps :(
Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects
what did you do to your s12 today?!
did nothing with mine today, or the past several days for that matter. Ignition has gone bad, loosing spark sometimes and it stalls. Considering a swap. CA20ET didn't explode, just bored of the same thing I guess.
I finished installing my intercooler! YAY!
got mine back on the road!!! swapped trannys and diffs yesterday
^^ Good to hear you are back on the road again. Did you get an LSD or just open?
just an open diffy off a parts car SE i bought
nm ordered a complete gasket set for ca20e,kinda pissed guy emailed me said he's got running ka 106k w/clutch&flywheel $200 obo pulling fromhis s13 anddont need.ugh now i dont have enough money and money for gas.Ugh just my luck lol
Chuckled at the thought that, as nearly all of snow has melted off of it, it will be covered again. twice. this week.
It's still buried
Ordered my suspension, got one door panel off to redo, and got the alternator relocated
Swapped the rack on the Weebly Wobbler. Going to finally have a car again after a month of no car. Yay. Gonna put some new wheels/tires on her, a few cosmetic things, put the hood back on, new battery in, and she should be on her way.
So happy. Big thanks to colonel gustard for his help.
I brushed off the snow and shoveled around my s12 today. Stupid weather! :rip:
drove mine 106 miles in one day with only a quarter tank of gas wasted, yay
Maxpow on 10:39:11 PM / 06-Mar-11Swapped the rack on the Weebly Wobbler. Going to finally have a car again after a month of no car. Yay. Gonna put some new wheels/tires on her, a few cosmetic things, put the hood back on, new battery in, and she should be on her way.
So happy. Big thanks to colonel gustard for his help.
Good news doggie! Sweet!
I went to work. Another red pos 85 notch came in to get gas. The owner was from Spokane....which is where my notch came from like 2 owners back. The owner was super surprised to see another s12. Also my new back tires came in and I got everything to do an oil change/tune up...
Ran into hella problems with the wobbler. Finished the rack install by tightening the one bolt we forgot. Then I swapped new tires on. Got a battery in it, and it just kept dying when I took it off the jumper car.
So...
I ended up wiring up a new battery terminal connector for both the ground side and the power side. Got the new ground it and scrubbed everything up real nice. Old one was covered in green shit and was crusty. Still no go. Started breaking down the super crazy positive side stuff and eventually janked it into working. Got the car running, ran great... drove it up to top of hill, it died.
:(
Had to jump it and let it charge for a few minutes then drove it home... died on the way home... got it home eventually.
I am thinking bad gas, but after only 4 months you'd think the gas would still be kinda ok right? Gonna try some STABILL and other water remover/octane boosters see what happens. :(. Want my car back.
woke up this morning to get this (http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn186/mje7/SDC10026.jpg) I got it for $58 its a complete gasket set for the ca20 so i can get the pos together and put in the notch so i can drive it this summer,o and while looking at this gasket set i like the valve & oil pan gasket nice solid rubber
masked off my car and painted it panda on the weekend
(http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/185596_10150417071500387_695415386_17555057_1875435_n.jpg)
(http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/199150_10150417075745387_695415386_17555075_8299093_n.jpg)
(http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/196818_10150417074400387_695415386_17555072_7390560_n.jpg)
(http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/199170_10150417072970387_695415386_17555066_3779930_n.jpg)
ignore the rust on this side...I do.
Don't ignore.
Fucking fix it while it's easy.
I am actually thinking about picking up a miata in a year and transferring everything off the notch on to the hatch....this shell is so rough....
Post Merge: [time]04:09:33 AM / 09-Mar-11 [/time]
Jay on 09:19:09 PM / 08-Mar-11Don't ignore.
Fucking fix it while it's easy.
...and fix that skirt while your at it, fuckin five minute job, jeez.
lol, i knew that was going to come up...the screw backed out on that thing like a year ago and i just zip tied it to make sure it didnt go any where because i have to take the back wheel off and screw it back on and then put the wheel back on...most people dont even notice it unless they look at the car real close...
sam31183 on 10:14:32 PM / 08-Mar-11...because i have to take the back wheel off and screw it back on and then put the wheel back on...
OK, ten minute job, just do it. LOL
drank a cup of coffee this morning and stared at it.
But in a few hours when it's warmer, gonna go see wtf is up with my tension rods. My caster is negative, and I think it's my aftermarket tension rod bushings. They're one-off custom urethane pieces, and I think they're too thick. Pics to come.
Went to starbucks she was spittin a lil bought plugs and wires on the way back home now waiting for her to kool down so I can get all up in it
Dude, are you are using OEM tension rods with those bushings? I would strongly recommend against using them unless it is strictly a track car.
There have been quite a few failures of the rods, due to fatigue cracks from bending.
I went with EE tension rod kit and am very happy with the result. The kit (less than $30.00) has a metal ball pivot with a UHMW cup and uses the rear OE rubber bushing. works great and not bending.
I was going to recommend the experimental engineering bushings as well...they are on the notch and they are super easy to install and work amazingly....
http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=29664.0
swapped in some crown vics
(http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv250/el_tavito/S12/DSC01795.jpg)
Looks good gustard!
(make them black.)
Going to have to jump start it, fucker ran out of battery again. :( I just want it to stay on for christ sakes. More than 10 minutes. Might try throwing 5 gallons of 91 to see if that helps her out. Its taking forever to run this gas out of her ;(. Too lazy to start siphoning.
Cleaned the garage last night. Need to do a few other things to prep for an emergency head+intake manifold swap on the Secur-a-notch. Going to put a working ca20 head on it with new gaskets to see if I can't get it running and back home.
When I pulled the pump....it was a nightmare. Rust has covered the entire body of the pump and its just got popping pustules of rust. SO I am putting on the fuel pump from the squirrel. Does mk2>mk1 fuel pump connections work or is it slice and splice time??
Got a lot of good plans for the car coming up.
centers are getting painted black, need to clean them up real nice first.
Andrew find a voltmeter first then call me
yesterday i removed my old broken bumper.
Placed new silver bumper on. Lined up and not cracked and bent.
Went to ace to get some stainless fender washers, nylok nuts, and bolts. Getting ready for the Lip to be mounted.
Gonna be super ghetto with matte silver bumper, yellow saggy lip.
working on some rsx type brackets for my fogs....
but i had to post pone all that for a funeral. not good times
Washed the notch, moved it, and covered the back passenger side with mud....we need to gravel our driveway and 205s are soooo wide on the hoshinos with their offsets.
sam31183 on 05:32:37 PM / 09-Mar-11Washed the notch, moved it, and covered the back passenger side with mud....we need to gravel our driveway and 205s are soooo wide on the hoshinos with their offsets.Still didn't fix the rust
(I'm gonna heckle you until it's done man)
I just got a text saying you heckled my Facebook wall...lol.
pulled steering rack, started cleaning it up real good, just waiting for the rack boots and gonna throw in some rack spacers
Colonel Gustard on 04:32:06 PM / 09-Mar-11swapped in some crown vics
hahaha i was ganna comment and say paint that lip and skirt! then i realized i was FOOLED!
Deezus on 06:38:46 AM / 10-Mar-11hahaha i was ganna comment and say paint that lip and skirt! then i realized i was FOOLED!ive gotten a couple ofpeople with that lol
Haha, today I put in a new water temp sensor, put in a new diehard battery, and got my sweet nismo key chain in the mail, check it.
(http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/jersadras/My%20S12/005.jpg)
niiiceee, i swapped over the SE lip kit off the parts car on to mine and swapped back to MKII grille and corner lights
Jeremy A on 08:12:20 PM / 10-Mar-11Haha, today I put in a new water temp sensor, put in a new diehard battery, and got my sweet nismo key chain in the mail, check it.
You just reminded me.
I have NO fucking clue as to where my S12's Keys are.
Oh well. I don't "need" them anyways... It just starts easier using the cylinder :lol:
Knocked on Start Solenoid, Cleaned MAF Sensor, Cleaned up windshield( Soda Spilt all over it). O and also decided to put my seatbelt back in :)
Redid my timing as i had rushed it last time and have messed around with some stuff and fix a vac leak on my car since. Re soldered a wire, labeled what pin is what on my mega squirt loom. got bored and used up some of the 5 rolls of electrical tape sitting in my car. Cleaned up some of the gunk off of my CA18DET and B trans
almost ready for clear coat on my paint job
got all the gravel from out of my wheel wells....it was affecting my door opening abilities lol
i came to the conclusion that i hate over spray when painting my car panda
Heith, I'd absolutely love to see some some photos bro, I dig a nice panda scheme.
Im semi-panda....I was thinking of painting under the molding black......been thinking of doing that the last couple years
Just don't do it with spray paint while stumbling over drunk... That's what happened here. Lol
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/Phreakonaleash55/DSCN0265.jpg)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/Phreakonaleash55/DSCN0264.jpg)
cleaning 20e degreasser+brush=mess lol went to pull timing gear off front and couldnt get the damn thing off so i got cut off wheel out and well its off and pulled pan & oil pump
my paint job turned out alright. it wont win any paint awards but it is a whole lot better then the faded red.
Post Merge: 07:18:02 PM / 13-Mar-11
i will try to get some pics up when i get all the tape off and and everything back on the car