Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

seishukuJul 7, 2011, 11:08 pm · #1051

I turned up the boost! lolz

Seriously though, I'm at 12.5PSI now... Feels like it pulls way harder than the 11.5 that I was at, doesn't make sense since it's only 1PSI, but whatever!

Duty cycle is still good at 62% @ 5000RPM with 11.3:1 AFR, and should be lower now that I went though a tuning cycle (should be at 11.7 - 12:1).

Edit:
I need to get it on a dyno...

WonderingravenJul 8, 2011, 12:25 am · #1052

I pulled apart the plug wires, and remove the jank plugs and installed nkg vpower plugs, which I've noticed the old ones where actually 1/2 inch shorter then the ngk's which is most likely why I couldn't seat the wires correctly.  upon doing so I've removed the air intake stuff that the tb was connected to so I can fit my hand in the 4th cyl and get it to click in. What a pain, but I got it. I still have to put it back together and with luck this will fire right up with 0 issues this time.

Low594Jul 8, 2011, 10:06 pm · #1053

Got time to do the B-trans Short Throw shifter write up!http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=33403.msg346204#msg346204 (http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=33403.msg346204#msg346204)
Also ran by the wreckers and got 2 of the vacuum solenoids that I need, only need one, but got 2 @ $5.50 each since they are used!  Also got an interior rear view mirror from an '84 300ZX.  Mirror is in. Have to test the solenoids!  Now I just need to find one of the Idle Speed Adjusters and try to resmog it!

tdawgS12Jul 8, 2011, 10:43 pm · #1054

awesome night of delivering chinese food, plus getting sideways in the rain  :yes:

WonderingravenJul 9, 2011, 12:14 am · #1055

Put the air system back together, then cranked it over and it was actually working for the moment 700 RPM idle, all the electronics worked inside the car, including ice cold air. But I forgot I destroyed the metal piping for the coolant line for the TB. First I attempted to block it, but decided just to reworked that by replacing the tubing with some custom 3/8" 3 ft of hose, that but from there it started to crap out. it starts up but idles at 400, 0 electronics work inside. So now trying to figure out the wiring for this VG's connectors. Going to pick a part tomorrow to get a connector hopefully that matches the color of my ecu wiring for the TPS Sensor connector to the engine harness.

rollingstockJul 10, 2011, 6:11 pm · #1056

help get the sliver s12 out my yard. then got most of the supercharger stuff mocked up and then started mounting it!

JonBJul 10, 2011, 6:25 pm · #1057

Drove over to where it's stored, and looked at it.

Low594Jul 10, 2011, 8:54 pm · #1058

Changed the trans and diff fluid to Redline 75w90,  It's much happier now!  I also failed to get the rear calipers unfroze!  I wish I had gobs of money to throw at it and do it right!

WonderingravenJul 10, 2011, 9:18 pm · #1059

well took another look what the issue might be and is starting to get discouraged on this, thinking about downgrading to another ca20e model =(

S12-ARJul 10, 2011, 10:26 pm · #1060

MADE LOVE TO IT!!! My S12 has been treating me nice! hahaha

mentalxpreshunJul 11, 2011, 11:40 pm · #1061

Gave her a bath =)

EightySix200SXJul 12, 2011, 12:05 am · #1062

Got it stuck on my driveway again :D

sam31183Jul 12, 2011, 12:12 am · #1063
EightySix200SX on 12:05:47 AM / 12-Jul-11Got it stuck on my driveway again :D


tooo lowwww?
ProlowtoneJul 13, 2011, 4:45 am · #1064

Installed a drivers side spray nozzle under my hood, then tried it out and aimed both sides. Then i stuck a yellow foam Cape Breton flag on my cars antenna  ^_^ I needs me a small window decal to put on.. once i go to remove the fail tint with the upside-down decal in the rear window...

JordanJul 13, 2011, 2:02 pm · #1065

Got mine running for the first time in waaaaay too long.

BattleFairyJul 13, 2011, 2:17 pm · #1066

tried and horribel failed to remove my RB crankpulley

Fucked up that thing pretty bad :-(

lady_s12_77Jul 13, 2011, 3:23 pm · #1067

I spoke too soon! 
My upper heater core hose decided to go yesterday while the mister took the car for a ride. He tells me he didn't even bother to check the coolant gauge and ran the car to the car wash to 'cool it off'. His method of 'cooling' off a car is *washing* it (WTF?!!) and not once bothered to check the radiator fluid.

Long story short the damn thing is foaming out the rad opening and overheating after 15mins of driving.
Replaced heater hoses (bypassed the heater core) and running it now as I type.
Nothing is mixing, oil or water... This is NOT looking good.

Then again a CA20 never looks good :\

vegasS12Jul 13, 2011, 3:35 pm · #1068
sam31183 on 12:12:13 AM / 12-Jul-11
tooo lowwww?

I think the drive way is to high.............lol
lady_s12_77Jul 13, 2011, 3:49 pm · #1069
EightySix200SX on 12:05:47 AM / 12-Jul-11Got it stuck on my driveway again :D

LOL! I had a car so low I got stuck in the parking lot. it was four inches off the ground and could barely clear exit ramp. Came in just fine, leaving out was another matter!  It was quite interesting...
cory matthewsJul 13, 2011, 5:00 pm · #1070

I knew I had boost leaks but I'mm crazy busy so I haven't addressed them yet.  Previous owner left vacuum hoses running everywhere disconnected.  I went out to see if I could get my factory boost gauge to work.  So I joined two hoses, took it for a test drive, got into boost to check it out and DAMN if the car didn't haul ass like never before!  I have to take care of all of the leaks.  Boost gauge still doesn't work though!

WonderingravenJul 13, 2011, 10:12 pm · #1071

Bought the actual battery, and found out why when I have the car running my eletronics don't run. I need a new ignition switch, if I mess with the key inside it turns on then off. The ignition switch is ghetto anyways you can start the car with a screwdriver.  Idling still jank but I'm about to mess with the throttlecable and shorten it just a tad to keep the RPM's about 700.

rollingstockJul 13, 2011, 10:26 pm · #1072
Wonderingraven on 12:14:40 AM / 09-Jul-11Put the air system back together, then cranked it over and it was actually working for the moment 700 RPM idle, all the electronics worked inside the car, including ice cold air. But I forgot I destroyed the metal piping for the coolant line for the TB. First I attempted to block it, but decided just to reworked that by replacing the tubing with some custom 3/8" 3 ft of hose, that but from there it started to crap out. it starts up but idles at 400, 0 electronics work inside. So now trying to figure out the wiring for this VG's connectors. Going to pick a part tomorrow to get a connector hopefully that matches the color of my ecu wiring for the TPS Sensor connector to the engine harness.

i was gonna say check the tps. make sure its not bad.. also check the maf,  i would also do a compresion check. you could have a stuck valve or one not seating.. bad or dirty injetor(s).  check timing.. there could be 100 reason its not idleing.. idle set to low on the ecu?

what happens it you give it gas?. i know with my ka i have to hold the gas for a few mins then itll idle just fine!(always need this way. even with a new tune up, new tps, no CEL)

if itll take fuel i would sea foam it to try an clear the system out
WonderingravenJul 13, 2011, 11:01 pm · #1073

idle set high, when i give it gas it revs up no problems at all. TPS might be toast due to the cabling on the connector was wrong if that did effect it any from the adapter wiring mumbo jumbo.

But yeah I'm thinking of dumping some sea foam in tomorrow and let it go from there.

rollingstockJul 14, 2011, 11:13 am · #1074
Wonderingraven on 11:01:51 PM / 13-Jul-11idle set high, when i give it gas it revs up no problems at all. TPS might be toast due to the cabling on the connector was wrong if that did effect it any from the adapter wiring mumbo jumbo.

But yeah I'm thinking of dumping some sea foam in tomorrow and let it go from there.

theres a way you can test the TPS. if i remember right you can unplug it and the motor should change the way it runs. if it doesnt than its bad.. i know you can do a volt test on it to set it(i sure the fsm would have teh how to)
DirtyGazeJul 14, 2011, 11:19 am · #1075

Primered my car..
(http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z448/brandonkl77/7-12-11/DSCI0483.jpg)
(http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z448/brandonkl77/7-12-11/DSCI0484.jpg)

rollingstockJul 14, 2011, 8:45 pm · #1076

started it.. drove it 20ft, washed it, drove it 100ft, took some pics.. drove it around the yard, parked it.. thats all

silvertonJul 15, 2011, 2:07 pm · #1077

nearing 5 months of ownership on my SE v6... and I have put almost 10,000 miles on it.  Still going strong!

KustamogenJul 15, 2011, 7:47 pm · #1078

compression test on the ca18det........#4 cyl is gone. Yay excuse to tinker with shit and get more power now!!!!

well.....when Im not broke!

Low594Jul 15, 2011, 11:20 pm · #1079

Last night, I painted the opening under the front bumper (black, it looked bad with the red paint on the fan and radiator!) And changed the clutch master and slave!
Today, I cleaned and painted the stock steel rims!
Tomorrow, I try the rear brake pads again, then change the oil.  Maybe I will get to mount the drive lights and Hella SuperTones!

cory matthewsJul 15, 2011, 11:24 pm · #1080

Stopped my oil leak with some thread tape, removed my seized right parking brake cable and will be ordering a new one shortly.

WonderingravenJul 15, 2011, 11:44 pm · #1081

After i got home picked up my battery from the autoparts store for having them recharge it again. I've digged into a wire to tape up, tested the TPS sensor volt meter is returning 0 for the diagnostics proceedure in the book, and I cranked it while i had it disconnected and it still idled like before at 300 then choke.

So I'm from this point assuming my issue is the TPS sensor and / or wiring issue with a bare wire for the drainage of the battery.
Ordered a new TPS sensor from rock auto, so awaiting till that returns before i do anymore testing.

S12-ARJul 16, 2011, 2:39 am · #1082

Adjusted my rear Camber today! Way better than before.

BattleFairyJul 16, 2011, 9:21 am · #1083

removed
-crankpulley :no:
-front lip

add
-wheel :wideeyed:
(http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/267908_1861218652146_1291320639_31609525_4310435_n.jpg)

F.U.B.A.R
(http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/267908_1861218732148_1291320639_31609527_4321507_n.jpg)

reason for the mess: SOME ASSHOLES PUT LOCKTITE ON THE CRANK!!!!!!! only raw violence was abel to remove it!
hope to find soon a cheap new one

seishukuJul 16, 2011, 9:09 pm · #1084

^^^ Yikes.

I just got done cleaning my H4 housings, they were getting pretty nasty looking. Almost light new now.
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/seishuku/CleanHeadlight.jpg)

Low594Jul 16, 2011, 11:47 pm · #1085

Changed the rear brake pads, damn its simple, once you know about screwing the piston it!  Painted the passenger door handle & the drivers side window trim black.  Also, picked up a nice S13 steering wheel on Cl for $10 and some H6054 H4 housings with bulbs and daytime bulbs!  I got the steering wheel installed as soon as I could pick up another puller, since I can't find the 2 I own! Damn, storage units!  But they were cheap and the new one is much better built!
(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6148/5945431656_aa95b4a837_z.jpg)
New wheel and the short throw shifter in the background!

EightySix200SXJul 17, 2011, 8:07 pm · #1086

washed waxed vacuumed installed new oem nissan door glass with intact sliders and some audio shit also installed new center console and shifter surround lots more shit coming down the pipeline soon


Post Merge: 05:08:19 PM / 17-Jul-11
vegasS12 on 03:35:49 PM / 13-Jul-11I think the drive way is to high.............lol

fuck yea damn straight............ its gonna get repaved soon im tired of bashing my se lip muahahaha
Colonel GustardJul 17, 2011, 8:17 pm · #1087
EightySix200SX on 08:07:09 PM / 17-Jul-11fuck yea damn straight............ its gonna get repaved soon im tired of bashing my se lip muahahaha
lets make you one of them reinforcements man
mentalxpreshunJul 17, 2011, 8:35 pm · #1088

Installed a new TPS (RockAuto)... Throttle response much better and no more bogging down at WOT =)
Also installed new window glass with intact guides (thanks Gustard)... Now no more wind creepin thru my windows and got a solid sealed cabin =)

S12-ARJul 17, 2011, 11:33 pm · #1089

Adjusted my rear camber!

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x171/Alanrios16/CIMG1037.jpg)

lady_s12_77Jul 18, 2011, 12:14 am · #1090
S12-AR on 11:33:05 PM / 17-Jul-11Adjusted my rear camber!

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x171/Alanrios16/CIMG1037.jpg)

 :wideeyed: :wideeyed: :wideeyed: :wideeyed: :wideeyed: :wideeyed: :wideeyed:
I had no idea that was even humanly possible on a S12!!!!
S12-ARJul 18, 2011, 1:13 am · #1091

Haha I made it possible!!;)

sam31183Jul 18, 2011, 2:35 am · #1092

pics of how you did it or i am calling photochop!

ashleyanneJul 18, 2011, 6:12 pm · #1093

Man I feel lazy reading these posts and realizing I haven't done a damn thing to my 12 today, or yesterday, or the day before that. AND I have only installed one manual window so far, lol. :[ I fail.

Nissan86Jul 18, 2011, 10:07 pm · #1094

I installed stereo and speakers! (not by myself though) I have tunes now! :D

DatsmoZJul 18, 2011, 11:07 pm · #1095

I installed stereo and speakers! (not by myself though) I have tunes now! :D

JayJul 18, 2011, 11:24 pm · #1096

Looked at it. Accusingly. I mean, It's just sitting there. Being a little bitch and planning it's next move

silvertonJul 18, 2011, 11:34 pm · #1097

Haven't done anything to it but drive it and pressure wax it......  sucks being unemployed.

sam31183Jul 19, 2011, 12:24 am · #1098

used it to move stuff into the new house...i kind of wished i had a hatch today....also, i pulled on the miata through 3rd and 4th gear apparently....so, yah, thats cool.

in front of the new house
(http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/285309_10150712301325387_695415386_19769591_7247772_n.jpg)

porch and notch roof
(http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/268006_10150712299410387_695415386_19769537_5930173_n.jpg)

blurry pic of the kitchen/dining room...and my brothers wifes marilyn monroe cutout...
(http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/281762_10150712297840387_695415386_19769511_2430776_n.jpg)

living room/fire place/futon
(http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/282117_10150712296330387_695415386_19769487_2961978_n.jpg)

deer in front of the house
(http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/267604_10150712454145387_695415386_19772585_1678072_n.jpg)

garage, you will notice behind the bikes on the right a collection of tires...and the ae86.
(http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/283190_10150712353075387_695415386_19770513_3764091_n.jpg)

work bench...
(http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/283460_10150712350675387_695415386_19770474_6662587_n.jpg)

better pic of the bikes/tires...
(http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/282763_10150712349020387_695415386_19770441_6400031_n.jpg)


Post Merge: 01:46:25 AM / 19-Jul-11
fyi nb miata = 2150 lbs / 131 bhp

(http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270764_221191311251581_100000821415563_549653_6914985_n.jpg)
sideways_s12Jul 19, 2011, 1:53 am · #1099

Fixed my leaky tire lol haven't had time to do much gonna be transfering apts here soon too

ProlowtoneJul 19, 2011, 3:13 am · #1100

>:( I was installing/playing with the new car speakers and i took a break to eat. an old project that i had made fell off my self above my computer and knocked over a large glass of pop that covered my key board, mouse and computer tower and monitor. FML i just spent the last 4 hours taking everything apart as much as possible (Except my monitor). Everything else was not working, comp would only turn on and freeze at a black screen, then the mouse would not work once the computer was fixed, then my keyboad was acting up  :yelling: I just fixed it. so much for working on the car, still have the door panels off and was taping the vapor barrier in place.... Which reminds me, the fucking stereo is still on!!