Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

SlickS12Dec 26, 2010, 2:20 pm · #101

No fondling around here, just fixing the hesitation problem Ive been having.

For the hell of it, I unplugged the o2 sensor and what do you know, the car runs perfect.  Junkyard, here I come

MaxpowDec 26, 2010, 4:15 pm · #102
SlickS12 on 02:20:32 PM / 26-Dec-10No fondling around here, just fixing the hesitation problem Ive been having.

For the hell of it, I unplugged the o2 sensor and what do you know, the car runs perfect.  Junkyard, here I come

Junkyard for an o2 sensor? They're like 20 bux on rock auto right now. WE will just wire up a new one dude, used 02 sensor sounds like lolz
ProlowtoneDec 26, 2010, 7:59 pm · #103

^X2, not worth it to grab one from the junk yard unless they are retarded to buy like my jeeps upstream o2

sideways_s12Dec 31, 2010, 11:34 pm · #104

started it warmed it up then shut it off and drove iggy's s12 lol it has heat.....

MaxpowJan 1, 2011, 1:57 am · #105

Broke the countershaft bearing in the trans today! fml.

ProlowtoneJan 1, 2011, 3:49 am · #106

^oh s*!t.
 
I started designing a new face plate for the area around my new deck. Sick of that piece of wood thats screwed in there and i don't even drive the car yet!


Post Merge: 05:03:14 AM / 01-Jan-11
Just a rough draft of the stock one for now as i dont have one. I will make something custom from it, will post pics in my thread as i start to make it
(http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/384/originalrough.jpg) (http://img707.imageshack.us/i/originalrough.jpg/)
Colonel GustardJan 2, 2011, 12:14 pm · #107

put on some door panels i found at the yard for 24 bux, they look bitchin. thanks Andrew <3

MaxpowJan 2, 2011, 12:17 pm · #108

You're welcome. Wish you could come to the yards with me today. I gotta run north again!

sideways_s12Jan 6, 2011, 9:10 pm · #109

started my car revved it and shut it off lol

MaxpowJan 6, 2011, 9:51 pm · #110

Dude I went to EVERY YARD within a 130 mile radius, no turbo s12's.

:(

Today I drove it like it was stolen and punched my maf to stop a hesitation problem.

xxstreetbikesxxJan 7, 2011, 5:49 am · #111

i have been doing body work. gotta love that bondo!

sideways_s12Jan 7, 2011, 10:35 am · #112

@ maxpow: figures lol but its all good I got 2 people from here that have the parts I need so you can stop lookin thanks anyway.

Ontopic: Added atf to iggy's car since I'm driving it back and forth to work...also fixed his multiswitch so the lights work perfect

MaxpowJan 7, 2011, 1:21 pm · #113

Ok for sure. Socal is actually pretty darn dry on cars. I am on my way to the last 4 yards below San Jose.

:(

Please have something. Hope my countershaft bearing holds, it just keeps sounding worse. Fucking diff mount is just clunking every shift... .poor car needs alot of stuff.

Rolled 302,300 yesterday. Go drifter go.

ProlowtoneJan 7, 2011, 2:50 pm · #114

If the weather stays nice I will be going to my car to install my stereo and lights, sliding door hinge, adjust timing, reassemble some of my interior and take more pics of the whore. This time they will be HD. :)

Wolf DilworthJan 7, 2011, 9:58 pm · #115

Just drove it today, beautiful high sixties and sunny. 

Yesterday I finally replaced the speedo cable, what a PITA. 

I had been without a speedo for about a month, just lazy and did not want to deal with it but the last few days have been really nice weather-wise.

JonBJan 7, 2011, 10:32 pm · #116

Started it with the remote. Let it run abit, then turned it off with the remote. Didn't even touch the car.

Hurt my knee so I was off for a few days.

heithJan 8, 2011, 2:54 am · #117

finished install on intercooler piping and intercooler and checked for leaks. its good. getting everything ready for safc2 install

sideways_s12Jan 10, 2011, 2:35 pm · #118

Did a compression test on my black car not to happy with the numbers but it runs like a champ....
1=145
2=145
3=130
4=130

So there's where I stand with that. Weaksauce. Lol hopefully I can get the red car up so I can do some work on the black car.

imtheguy247Jan 10, 2011, 3:50 pm · #119

Plugged the battery into the Battery charger, came out, stuck the key in the ignition, cranked it, didn't start, Unplug battery, back inside.

sam31183Jan 10, 2011, 5:15 pm · #120

started the car at like 510 this morning. Kicked right over, drove her to work after i let it warm up for like 5 mins. Put some gas in it after i got off work at 130 and drove her home. Everyone drooled all over my hoshinos. Another typical day in the life of my notch.

sideways_s12Jan 10, 2011, 5:59 pm · #121

Fixed iggy's car it was running on three cyls aparently the injector plugs weren't secured on very well but now they are and she runs on four need to do a comp test for him and see where his numbers are at.....

ProlowtoneJan 10, 2011, 8:13 pm · #122

Installed clear corners, looks so damn good

Wolf DilworthJan 10, 2011, 10:50 pm · #123
sam31183 on 05:15:31 PM / 10-Jan-11started the car at like 510 this morning. 

Hmmm, do we have a closet Datsun Lover in our midst?
heithJan 11, 2011, 2:48 am · #124

installed fwd dsm turbo injectors 390's i think. no leaks but very rich. no to install my safc2 to combat that

sam31183Jan 11, 2011, 5:50 pm · #125
Wolf Dilworth on 10:50:01 PM / 10-Jan-11Hmmm, do we have a closet Datsun Lover in our midst?


I have a protected by ratsun.net security sticker on my car along with a datsun 510 grill emblem on my grill....i think the secrets out.
Wolf DilworthJan 11, 2011, 9:57 pm · #126

Weee-oooo!  Weee-oooo!...  Datsun alert! Datsun alert!

Cool stickers I would dig havin the Ratsun sticker for sure...

Fellow Datsun freak, er... fan.

sam31183Jan 11, 2011, 10:17 pm · #127

I picked the ratsun sticker up when i was at the canby oregon datsun meet in 2010. I caravanned down there with a 510 wagon and a 2 door 510. The owner of the 2 door is the guy i bought my hoshinos from...he was running them on the 510 for awhile...I would always drool all over the place when i would see the 510 in town...which wasnt very often...just often enough for me to freak out.

Wolf DilworthJan 11, 2011, 10:40 pm · #128

There are images of my Wagonon my Cardomain pag, check the link in my sig.  I believe most were taken when I was stationed a Whidbey Island, Wa.

sam31183Jan 11, 2011, 10:52 pm · #129

I have seen the panelwagen before, its nifty. :D

GollumJan 12, 2011, 9:12 am · #130

I know it's not a S12, but I drove my S30 home last night, after having not really ran much at all in the last 8 months or more. I'd started a head swap and you know how one thing leads to another. The most importing fact though, is that she's home and safe, and she made it under her own power.

Wolf DilworthJan 12, 2011, 10:34 pm · #131
sam31183 on 10:52:42 PM / 11-Jan-11I have seen the panelwagen before, its nifty. :D

Thanx, wait till I get done with Phase II, gonna be fun...
Colonel GustardJan 13, 2011, 7:41 pm · #132

i painted the name plates on my car under the taillights from metallic gray to red, now people know what car im driving lol

falkhenJan 13, 2011, 7:48 pm · #133

stiched welded trunk/boot, interior wheel wells, spray painted in primer black

JayJan 14, 2011, 9:04 am · #134

looked at it

sam31183Jan 14, 2011, 12:07 pm · #135

i am abouts to drive mine to work...just like i did yesterday....been to rainy to go play...and i needs to make the money for new tires!

Wolf DilworthJan 14, 2011, 7:26 pm · #136

Mine died rather mysteriously two days ago, had it towed home and went inside to confer with the Barley gods. 

Next day, started up but had rude stumble off-idle.  I say to myself...  Self, that seems like an ignition problem, first candidate TPS or coil amp, etc...  Could have been fuel too... Replaced the TPS with known good unit and then it would not start at all, again.  Dark was once upon me and the mercury was unwilling to rise into a comfortable range, so...

This morning I go out and start'er up, first try. Took it for a drive, nothing went wrong, cept'n fer the intermittent miss that has been going on for weeks.  Lots of power no stumble and so I am just happy it is running again. 

Clock is ticking... for now.

rollingstockJan 14, 2011, 7:34 pm · #137

drove mine to work.. drove her home.. thats all haha

Wolf DilworthJan 14, 2011, 7:52 pm · #138
rollingstock on 07:34:43 PM / 14-Jan-11drove mine to work.. drove her home.. thats all haha

Show-off...  :o)
Colonel GustardJan 14, 2011, 8:09 pm · #139

drove mine to school, lost my keys at school and found them in the office, drove her home, parked her in the driveway, and there she sits

backwoodsbuilderJan 14, 2011, 10:38 pm · #140

went to start mk1 battery died  walked past mk2 and shook my head wishing spring was here to work on it,  Im really hating winter and not having a garage :/

Wolf DilworthJan 16, 2011, 7:09 am · #141

Rainy crappy day today (Sunday), but tomorrow promises to be better so I will perform the ECU diagnostics (Mode I, II, III) to see what it produces.

MaxpowJan 16, 2011, 1:29 pm · #142

New front tires to replace the freebies I had burned down to the metal.

Going to install the new rears today probably. I love how my suspension eats tires every 5-10k miles.

sam31183Jan 16, 2011, 1:34 pm · #143

yuck...it sounds like you need an alignment bad.

MaxpowJan 16, 2011, 1:37 pm · #144

I need ball joints incredibly bad. Car just does this thing where it "sidesteps" and just goes off on a new path and it stops when it wants to stop. They are probably original turds.

Need to get rack... well all my bushings done. Money, its a bitch.

And an alignment. Every time I take it they say its too fucked up to work on.

Wolf DilworthJan 16, 2011, 2:24 pm · #145

...and without an adjustable rear cross member on a suspension lowered more than two inches, there is no way to restore camber back where it belongs.  Excessive camber effectively causes the toe to increase, scrubbing off the inside of the tire.

MaxpowJan 16, 2011, 3:03 pm · #146

<POSTED THIS IN WRONG THREAD EARLIER>

I have a great story:

To make this on topic, yesterday I delivered a r154 trans off a 88 turbo supra with 7mgte using my favorite work truck, the Squirrely Drifter.

So the day prior (Thursday) me and Colonel Gustard had been working on removing the trans from this supra, then some douche comes up to us on Friday morning, goes under the car as soon as we get all the bolts off, takes the trans and tries to book it.

I lept under the car bear hugged the trans and he just dragged my ass out and tried to get physical with me. I am only 115 lbs and 5'8" so I just tried to do everything I could to make it so he couldn't get the trans to the register. Then I had Gustard get security and security backed me.... yard manager backed me up too.

So the douches go sit outside my car to talk shit when I get outside of the yard, so I was like "yeah this is my car, you guys wanna smoke a bowl?" they were like "no thanks, nice labor" and I got out and laid a nice drift down around the parking lot in defiance. Fucking assholes.

Bought the trans for 161, sold it for 300 delivered about 25 miles away, shared the moneiz with Colonel Gustard to stimulate his economy as well. Not that much profit in my business right now but goddamn is it an adventure spending all these hours going to and from junkyards. Got another R154 to pull in Oceanside... hope its still there. Need that bitch.

Wolf Dilworth on 02:24:14 PM / 16-Jan-11...and without an adjustable rear cross member on a suspension lowered more than two inches, there is no way to restore camber back where it belongs.  Excessive camber effectively causes the toe to increase, scrubbing off the inside of the tire.


Yes.
seishukuJan 16, 2011, 3:55 pm · #147

I just got done swapping my stock S12 trans (broke 3rd gear) for an S13 unit... By my self.
My whole upper body is KILLING me. :lol:

Now I gotta make a new cover for the shifter, since I had to carve a two inch square chunk out of my shifter hole. :(

Mr Amber ShadesJan 16, 2011, 6:00 pm · #148

I just finished seafoaming my 88 se.  Made one hell of a white smoke cloud down my entire street.  After burning it all off and beating on the busted auto trans, I managed to get D to work and drove around town and back home.

Its still a busted trans that im swapping out once I get the parts.

Colonel GustardJan 16, 2011, 6:01 pm · #149

i filled her up with 91 octane all the way up, just to lose 1/8 of a tank on the street to a mysterious leak by the filler neck area, i cant seem to go 2 weeks without a problem. im not filling her up past half a tank anymore

MaxpowJan 16, 2011, 9:24 pm · #150
Maxpow on 01:29:32 PM / 16-Jan-11New front tires to replace the freebies I had burned down to the metal.

Going to install the new rears today probably. I love how my suspension eats tires every 5-10k miles.


Damn how did I forget. I also fixed my intake so it doesn't have any bends... also did the 86 maf/ecu swap which is awesome.