EXTENDED WHEEL STUD FUCKIN SORTAFLUSH IN THE REAR!
PLASTI-COATED THE JDM RAIN VISOR TIPS!
I NOW HAVE 5+ DIGI CLUSTERS NOM NOM NOM!!!
Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects
what did you do to your s12 today?!
changed out my CHTS with a Nissan one that got me broke again. shes running nicely now. and after some high speed runs yesterday with a new personal top speed of 118mph, theres a weird whining noise coming from somewhere along the bottom of the car, no clue what it can me
Took a picture to explain why I can only look at it...
In my build thread....
Sad.
Ran mode I, II and III diagnostics on the ECU. It would seem that my CHTS is bad. Did not do a mode V check yet, ran out of time...
Still have an annoying intermittent misfire at all RPM and a very intermittent misfire at idle that will almost kill engine.
uuugh...
shit i am having problem where it misfires and then shuts of for 1hr or 2!
Just started getting an intermittent misfire below 2k rpm's. My coil is old and fucked to shit probably the culprit. Could use a bunch of new sensors too. Poor drifter. Both my cars are fucked :(.
86forever on 10:58:06 PM / 17-Jan-11shit i am having problem where it misfires and then shuts of for 1hr or 2!
Yeah, that happened to me the other day... and repeated the next day... But not since. Pucker factor 10 when I get a little stumble, now.
took some shit outta the back of the white car, started it, it died, walked away
put some of said shit in back of red shell
the rest of my day sucked. truck is fucked up and throwing money at the problem has failed lol no suprise. contemplated actually takin it to a shop but even if it ran properly its not worth enough to justify the cost
lifted the rear of my black car to try to figure out the noise I have coming from the rear whil on jack stands started it and put it in first to see what the wheels do turns out when I accelerate and let off with out touching the brakes the driverside rear stops completely and then struggles to start moving again of course this is only in the air because the force of the motion of the car keeps the wheel from sticking......
how did the brakes end up looking?
started it. moved it onto the street. it ran for 20 minutes while i was moving other cars. drove up the street. pulled a m4d JDM drift to turn around. then parked it.
super exicting.
Put in some vents on the cowling to stop shit from getting down in there, had to scoop out a hand full or to of wet shit first... Then went to adjust my timing to find out my battery was dead. Biked home then when shopping, was going to buy a new battery but i found out that the battery in my jeep does not have enough cold cranking amps, battery is less then a year old, so i am buying a new one for my jeep and throwing this one in my car, Just waiting to see if the batteries go on sale at Canadian tire on friday ;),
Then crimp in the new wires for the new tail light, adjust timing. Might get new msd blaster coils or something tomorrow...
Yesterday I put 400 miles on it... today I want to do the same but the countershaft bearing is scaring me. Thing is just screaming like a banshee.
IggyEGuana on 01:16:33 AM / 19-Jan-11how did the brakes end up looking?
Didn't get a chance to check it from what I could see the brake seemed ok I think it may be the wheel bearing or hub....just like you said.....
going to pick up my electronic boost controller and adjustable cam gear from the post office
Waiting for 11pm to hit which is when my paycheck is deposited. Im immediately going to order a clutch and flywheel so that next week I can convert to manual
friend and i tuned my car with the safc2 and seems like it has picked up some power. now to install the boost controller and do the tuning all over again
checked my oil for the first time since i did my first oil change(2k miles ago). was 2qts low.. opps my ka is burning oil. also found the black plug unpluged on my new tps. seems to be why my CEL came on 2 weeks ago haha. safely wire tied it. since my motor didnt come with any clips.
order a down pipe! that shit was leaking mad exhaust leak
jumped my mk1 cleaned some ice/snow off it then beat it around the yard & lawn sux only having front brakes lol but i got heat in it now :) must been a stuck thermostat o well its just a parts car soon,gunna prob do the same tomarrow maybe a video of the pos!
Just drove it to work and back, like everyday.
Haven't broke down and orderd a studpid pricy CLSD and rebuild parts for the diff. I will, once I come to terms with parting with the money and the fact that a CLSD is going to cost more than what I paid for the car initially.
Also been thinking about taking it for rocker/body resto. It's going to be an expensive car to keep this year.
It's still truking along though. About 4" of snow out there - I'm not to worried though; 200lbs of sand in the trunk and the VLSD still works.
We're up to 305,000 miles on the chassis. Go drifter go!
Just looked at it today and thought about how much I loved it.
drove it around town doing errands, went to work, closed the gas station, then had a county sheriff harass me...he asked why i looked at him with binoculars as he drove by...i think i was taking a drink of my arizona as he drove by...of course i didnt think of that at the time when he asked me about it...he then asked me what my name was then drove off...hoping he doesnt continue to harass me in the evenings...meh.
FOund that I'm getting really bad gas milage.
I used about 4-5 gallons this week. I have my idle turned up high so it's sure to run if I use the remote starter; if it stalls - it floods, then I have to run out and start it myself. I have 200lbs in the trunk and have been giving loosers a ride to and from work because they wont buy a car or lost their liscences - some of them are fat to - like an 1/8ton +; that's disgusting for a human in my opinion, not to mention I work with these guys, and yes they consume alot of food, don't move very fast, and tire quickly; like 70's Cadillacs of humans I guess. On top of that there's 6 inches of snow now, the town plowed but only salted some spots. We had freezing rain earlier in the week; which makes a snow covered road feel like dry tarmac by compairison. Right now it's 4; yes 4 degrees, It was 0 earlier this morning. So warmup times are long and I don't think I've seen third gear all week beacause of poor traction.
End result is like $15 in gas spent in one week. Car gets me to work though this time of year though - 200s probably rule as far as rwds go in the snow. It goes about as good and it turns and stops on the ice; you sorta persuade it's direction and speed, you don't actually control it.
It's exciting though. I get a white knuckle adrenalin rush with my coffee in the AM.
after many months finally put my Rb head back on..........I HATE THE RB^^
now the Powersteering dont from r33 dont work
.....sometimes i think i should put a carbd FJ in it and call it a day
i drove down to the store for some gorditas for lunch before i have to go to work....the tourist are out so they all looked at my car with a duh wtf is that look on their faces. It is some what nice out so i had the windows down....it was nice to hear the exhaust echo off of buildings. :D
Post Merge: 02:53:10 PM / 22-Jan-11
also my driveway is muddy so i almost got stuck backing out...hopefully the sun will stay out for awhile so the mud will dry...and i wont have to build an ark.
Checked turbo for shaftplay and found out fins are rubbing awesome!
crushed down the dsm bov. this car is pretty fast at 13 psi
My disbruter took a shit for the 5 time already :(
Finished dyeing the other half of my carpet, fell asleep in my car for 3 hours, then installed my passenger seat, Uninstalled it due to a loose rail bolt, re-installed it to find out the wire to the arm that allows you to move the seat came off. Did not feel like taking the seat back out so i just cursed at it for about 10 mins reaching under the seat and finally got it
Prolowtone on 09:54:01 PM / 24-Jan-11...fell asleep in my car for 3 hours...win :)
out to mk1 got in turned key on an heard the fuel pump die out do to dead bat it was -10 out today said fuck it and went back inside and got on c-s12.ugh i want winter to end!!!!!!! :|
removed my cat and might go for a dyno tomorrow
removed my ac condensor and all ac lines, also took out the fan clutch to swap in another one and it ended up not fitting, CA ones dont fit the VG ones! so now i gotta go steal one from the junkyard tomorrow, yay
Put 30$ in fuel then replaced yet another alt belt. I cannot wait for my det to arrive.
Looked at it sitting happily in its new home (the garage) and picked up a kerosene heater so I can start working on it again.
IggyEGuana on 09:56:47 PM / 24-Jan-11win :)It makes a very nice place to sleep when there is no drivers seat. laid down put my head on my back pack plugged in my little heater to the extension cord running through the sun roof. then dozed off to the smell of paint and the tapping of rain. felt like a dream :)
Replaced it with an s13.
Deezus on 07:45:03 AM / 25-Jan-11Replaced it with an s13.
Fail
Took it for a spin on the road around the college.. 3rd gear sideway in the snow is fun!
off to the dyno
brushed over a foot of snow off it. tried to move it to shovel my driveway, got stuck in the street. pulled it out with the corolla. fun times .
i drove her to school without a fan, had to pull some totally legal maneuvers to avoid red lights and overheating. then i went to the junkyard to get her another clutch fan that i ended up shoving in my pants and walking out with it, installed it, and went and put in 20 bux of 91 octane
Almost bought another s12 :/ to much for it $1800
another one? for 1800? that thing better have been damn near brand new lol
looked at it and hopes iggy can find the right the kit for my 60trim....
147whp and 153 toque on a mustang dyno
the dsm injector leaked and had a small fire but no damage
then was beaten by a mid 990's civic
have had better days
lol nice. I just thought about mine. and looked again for motors
I drove to oregon and bought beer and a new cell phone....lg quantum. I followed a black s130 into the fred meyers parking lot...he got out and didnt look twice at my notch. I also parked next to a white twin turbo z32 in front of the a t and t....i thought the z32 was really awesome until i saw it was an automatic...then i cried a tad.
DjayS12 on 09:08:00 AM / 25-Jan-11Fail
Took it for a spin on the road around the college.. 3rd gear sideway in the snow is fun!
lol
I still have the s12, just an s13 too.
Deezus on 07:00:40 AM / 26-Jan-11lol
I still have the s12, just an s13 too.
Lol same here; its plain fun having both.
Though my s13 head gasket just went today. The S12 is still running strong though (so far).