Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Project: Resurrection.

Started by sideways_s12 · Feb 22, 2010 · 676postsSMF 2010–26

8SixS12Jun 19, 2013, 6:50 pm · #401

If those are aluminum obviously they won't rust but they will start to turn black so a clar coat would help.  KBS coatings has this stuff called diamond coat that's supposed to be real good. You can spray it or brush it on.

sideways_s12Jun 20, 2013, 9:03 pm · #402

Cool I'll have to try that! thanks !

IggyEGuanaJun 21, 2013, 11:24 pm · #403

NOOOOOOOO do not paint them or put anything on them. they'll be fine as is. you can polish them out to get rid of the raw look and then they'll look like sex and they wont oxidize as fast

8SixS12Jun 22, 2013, 5:11 pm · #404

Expect to do lots of work keeping them nice. It'll look cool though. I'm polishing one of mine too.

sideways_s12Jun 23, 2013, 10:39 pm · #405

Well I have a spare set so I can always use the polished ones sparingly

sideways_s12Jun 27, 2013, 2:23 pm · #406

Today is the day I get my motor WOOT!!!!!!!! Getting closer to gettting it done.

burritomannnJun 27, 2013, 7:27 pm · #407

Good stuff man!

sideways_s12Jun 29, 2013, 10:55 am · #408

Thanks bro! Just pick up my logstyle topmount manifold for my precision turbo I'm getting later on down the road. So excited!

sideways_s12Jul 3, 2013, 2:46 am · #409

Hopefully my sr sells tomorrow so i can buy my water and oil lines from fr sport
Post Merge


got the motor on the stand so I can do all the little things before attaching It to the trans. Decided to mock up the manifold turbo and wastegate just to see what it would look like. here is the result

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/20130703_203824_zps2b1ba3d6.jpg)
8SixS12Jul 4, 2013, 9:06 am · #410

Good $hit man. Keep it movin'!

sideways_s12Jul 4, 2013, 11:00 am · #411

Shit I'm trying lol I want my car to be running before the end of summer So I can go to the yearly end of summer cruise we have here....

sideways_s12Jul 6, 2013, 10:12 am · #412

Woot just ordered my new (used) harness and ecu so I can get this wiring figured out!

8SixS12Jul 6, 2013, 10:28 am · #413

That's wassup!

sideways_s12Jul 6, 2013, 10:47 am · #414

Yeah i just need a exhaust manifold stud and exhaust manifold gaskets so I can bolt up the manifold and some other random bolts for the turbo and the wastegate not much to do before mating the motor with the trans and dropping it in the car.

IggyEGuanaJul 15, 2013, 5:08 pm · #415

setup looks good

sideways_s12Jul 15, 2013, 6:28 pm · #416

Thanks!
Post Merge


Just received my harness and spare ecu gonna nistune the spare ecu while I'm breaking in the car with the stock ecu.
8SixS12Jul 17, 2013, 11:52 am · #417

Good $hit Bruh. Can't wait to see you fire it up.

sideways_s12Jul 17, 2013, 1:34 pm · #418

I cant wait either lol

sideways_s12Jul 27, 2013, 1:39 am · #419

Welp project has been put on hold for a lil bit since the wife was in the hospital for the last week so I missed a few days of work she is home now so when I catch up with the days I lost Ill be getting back on track just needs a few things becore i drop it in anyway.

Navy_Mech2Jul 27, 2013, 4:15 am · #420

Damn. I've been gone almost a year and im glad to see you're still working on this. How's the wife doing by the way?

sideways_s12Jul 27, 2013, 1:20 pm · #421

She's doing better She is officially on dialysis tho but they said she could be off of it if her kidneys decide to kick back up they haven't completely failed they are just in cruise control mode.

8SixS12Jul 28, 2013, 5:38 am · #422

Wow man had no idea about your wife. It's great to hear she's home and doing better.

sideways_s12Jul 28, 2013, 3:27 pm · #423

Thanks!

sideways_s12Aug 7, 2013, 5:19 pm · #424

Ordered a couple things I needed like turbo flange gasket and a 3" to 2.5 " coupler for the turbo its slowly coming along

ArroAug 8, 2013, 1:35 pm · #425

I'm eager to see this thing finished!

sideways_s12Aug 8, 2013, 7:02 pm · #426

You aint the only one brotha!

ProlowtoneAug 9, 2013, 7:46 am · #427

Me to :P Ill be glad to see the video of your car driving again

sideways_s12Aug 9, 2013, 4:30 pm · #428

Lol well its slow going because the funds have slowed down a bit I need to sell a few cars to get back in the game it's been a shitty month

ProlowtoneAug 10, 2013, 2:44 am · #429

no doubt, wish her well for us :)

sideways_s12Aug 10, 2013, 12:56 pm · #430

Will do thank!

sideways_s12Aug 18, 2013, 8:12 pm · #431

Well I got the flange turns out I ordered the wrong one so I have to send it back :/ lol but I did get my turbo coupler right I still need a few more things before dropping it in...

sideways_s12Sep 1, 2013, 10:22 pm · #432

Got some money coming Woot so I will beable to buy some more goodies to get it running. so hopefully once I get the stuff I need it'll only be a week or two provided I work on it on both my days off. I am really thinking about trading my 60 trim for a t28 just so I can get it running faster Not sure where or if I can find somone to trade me tho lol....

8SixS12Sep 2, 2013, 12:58 pm · #433

I've got a t28. Shoot me some specs on the 60 trim and I might be interested.

sideways_s12Sep 2, 2013, 8:33 pm · #434

What condition is the t28 in? and not really sure on the specs lol as i got it from a friend who got it from a friend who got it from a friend lol Iggy rebuilt it he might remeber the specs I'll have to ask him.

8SixS12Sep 3, 2013, 12:16 pm · #435

It's an s15 dual bb. It was in my 18ET for about six months and never got more than 6psi because that's all the CA could take. Bought it brand new when I used to turn wrenches for Nissan.

sideways_s12Sep 3, 2013, 8:45 pm · #436

Ok well let me see what I'm doing first on my set up but it does sound nice.

8SixS12Sep 4, 2013, 8:54 am · #437

I could go either way depending on the specs. Just let me know. I also have s13 t25 that needs a rebuild if your interested. Of course I wouldn't expect a trade for that but I'd let it go real cheap.

sideways_s12Sep 5, 2013, 3:04 am · #438

I'll keep that in mind thanks!

sideways_s12Sep 7, 2013, 2:13 pm · #439

woot parts came in!
(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/20130907_115312_zps7e41fab6.jpg)
Still waiting for other stuff  little by little

sideways_s12Sep 10, 2013, 3:06 am · #440

Woot got my fpr adapter! Getting closer :)

8SixS12Sep 10, 2013, 9:45 am · #441

Hey what did you decide to do with the valve covers?

sideways_s12Sep 22, 2013, 8:30 pm · #442

They are staying the way they are. I have a spare set that I can get powder coated If I want. Right now I'm really just focusing on getting the damn thing in the car I just need a few more parts a couple of dump pipes to be exact and then clutch goes on and trans goes on then in the car it goes. I need to stop being lazy and just get it done. It's hard to get motivated to get it done when its just me. If I could get a few friends to help it would be a lot easier.

turbo-s12Sep 22, 2013, 11:14 pm · #443

Aren't you moving? What are you going to do with the car?

sideways_s12Sep 23, 2013, 12:44 am · #444

Yes and I don't know yet if its not to much I might be able to ship it over the guys over on s12oc want me to bring it lol I've been looking into it. if push comes to shove I'll just bring the drive train so I can swap it into a s12 when I get there.
Post Merge


Also I'm not moving for like 6 months so i got a little time to decide.
remi_uNderdogSep 23, 2013, 12:04 pm · #445

Man awesome job. Ive always wanted a CA even though i would usually get hated on BUT i ended up getting an RB at a steal.

Def. went through a lot but hey look at the result of the struggle. Cant wait to see it running!!!

And 6 months? So this should be done by then right? Just drive it :D good stuff!!

8SixS12Sep 23, 2013, 7:50 pm · #446

I know what you mean. I feel the same way about my car.....Wait. Did I miss something? Moving you say? Where? BTW, I'm coming to Vegas for SEMA in November.  Maybe we could link up.

sideways_s12Sep 23, 2013, 9:13 pm · #447

I'm moving to the UK thats where the wifey is from and all her family is there. Hopefully I can get some time off for sema so we can link up. My car should def be done by then....

8SixS12Sep 23, 2013, 9:16 pm · #448

Sounds good. I'll keep you posted. So you excited about the move?

burritomannnSep 23, 2013, 10:25 pm · #449

whoa didn't know about this.. I'd be more than willing to give you a helping hand just to get things going smoother for you. Let me know whenever you need an extra set of hands!

remi_uNderdogSep 24, 2013, 12:43 pm · #450

oh shoot. i was thinking OC like Cali. lol. Damn. This car is amazing. Hope whoever gets it does it right. And hope you make sema!!!!