Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Project: Resurrection.

Started by sideways_s12 · Feb 22, 2010 · 676postsSMF 2010–26

sideways_s12Jun 8, 2012, 5:51 pm · #301

Yeah when I used to a starion I pulled the motor without the Trans and it was a pin in the ass so from then on I've always done it as a combo....

sideways_s12Dec 28, 2012, 9:29 pm · #302

Alrighty here's an update on one of the many projects I got going...

First Off I picked up a second job so I'll have the funds to get this going and complete it. I cleaned up my garage on wednesday to make room for pulling the motor and also so my wife doesn't kill herself trying to do the laundry. I also prepped the motor to be pulled I just need to pull the the speedo cable off drain the trans fluid and unhook the trans wiring and then the motor will beable to come out once out I'm taking it to a shop to have them rebuild it probably going to go with a stock rebuild for now untill I pick up another det to make big power on. but this motor is going to be running a t3/t4 with 580's from an evo 8 and my cam gears are going on....that I've had for about 2 years lol... so hopefully I will beable to drive my car in about a month or month and a half.... Gonna try and fix some of the gremlins while the engine is out of the car like my tach not working and speedo not working also going to put my wlabro 255 in as well. Once I figure out this wiring situation I can hook up my safc until I get nistune or maybe megasquirt I haven't decided yet...

Jeremy ADec 30, 2012, 9:13 pm · #303

Awwwwwwww,   hell yeeeeaahhhh.

sideways_s12Dec 31, 2012, 12:28 am · #304

Lol Yeah it's on I want my car done for the cali vegas meet I'm trying to plan....Hopefully we can get that going... 2013 is my year to h.a.m on the streets of vegas so be prepared to see alot of vids. I'm going to invest in a go pro as well for those random run ins I have from time to time...

burritomannnDec 31, 2012, 7:14 pm · #305

I got a good feeling about 2013

sideways_s12Dec 31, 2012, 8:57 pm · #306

Me too I can't wait.....

sideways_s12Jan 3, 2013, 2:26 am · #307

OK Well I got some work done today... Pulled the motor and trans and also fixed replaced the speedo cable that took a shit on me 2 months after i got the car. On with the pics ....

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/005-10_zps87b0bd29.jpg)

The craptastic wiring I have to deal with...
(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/010-3_zpse6127fd4.jpg)

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/004-9_zps39dcf0b0.jpg)

This is my clutch but i do have a question maybe someone might know but what the hell is the magnet thing on my pp?

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/013-6_zpse44d1421.jpg)

BattleFairyJan 3, 2013, 6:29 am · #308

it keeps metalshavings away which usualy grind those nasty marks in your flywheel.

Its made of win!

also can generate a vortex at 180mp/h which allow you to travel backwards in time to punch the person which did this wiring job........

ls12Jan 3, 2013, 9:24 am · #309

its some centrifugal weights. makes more presure on the clutch disc as rpm rises

sideways_s12Jan 3, 2013, 2:28 pm · #310
BattleFairy on 06:29:40 AM / 03-Jan-13it keeps metalshavings away which usualy grind those nasty marks in your flywheel.

Its made of win!

also can generate a vortex at 180mp/h which allow you to travel backwards in time to punch the person which did this wiring job........


Lol i would love it if I could go back in time and punch the guy that did the wiring
ArroJan 3, 2013, 4:04 pm · #311

Please promise us you will be doing a reroute of the wiring... wire tuck that bitch and repaint the bay FTW.

sideways_s12Jan 3, 2013, 4:50 pm · #312

Yeah the wiring will get done after i get the motor done... iono about painting the bay yet i havent decided

decoJan 3, 2013, 8:25 pm · #313

Dude nice work man, rip that bitch out....... whats your time line looken like? Ill be on my car all weekend and next weekend then I should be good so if you need anything hit moe up. Id love to help man. I got a nice bore gauge and a micro gauge you can check your block befor you bore. I also got a nice leslie hone, not some crapy spring hone. I have a spare block and head bothe need work but if you come across any problems let me know. Im free most Thursdays and Fridays. Good luck man.

WonderingravenJan 3, 2013, 8:35 pm · #314

Yeah,  I technically is like 5 minutes away from you via 95. I could lend an extra muscle if you need it or need a pizza and a mini meet !

sideways_s12Jan 3, 2013, 9:12 pm · #315

Nice thanks guys and ben I might take you up on those tools just havent completely decided if i am going to do it myself or if im going to take it to.trevor....

BattleFairyJan 4, 2013, 6:38 am · #316

so many pages........so little pics

I demand more!

sideways_s12Jan 4, 2013, 1:04 pm · #317

Im getting there...

IggyEGuanaJan 9, 2013, 1:15 am · #318

pressure plate says made in Japan...

WINNING!

sideways_s12Jan 9, 2013, 2:57 am · #319

Lol didn't even notice....

burritomannnJan 11, 2013, 11:23 pm · #320

Jason.... I'd love to learn about CA18DET's!   :yes:

sideways_s12Jan 12, 2013, 9:54 am · #321

Lol I'll have to invite you over sometime when it's done getting rebuilt it's an awesome motor.....Ask iggy he still regrets getting rid of his....

IggyEGuanaJan 13, 2013, 12:03 am · #322

yep. its great engine

burritomannnJan 13, 2013, 6:34 pm · #323

Sick! I'd love to see a rebuilt CA18D                                                                                                      :sleezy:

Jeremy AJan 13, 2013, 9:23 pm · #324
burritomannn on 06:34:10 PM / 13-Jan-13Sick! I'd love to see a rebuilt CA18D                                                                                                      :sleezy:


Deco redid his,  he's just getting it buttoned up I think.
sideways_s12Jan 13, 2013, 9:39 pm · #325

yeah he is....I can't wait to get mine done. This weds I'm wiring up the fuel pump and I'm going to swap the fuel pressure regulator from my sr over to my ca I'm also trying to pick up a bunch of ca stuff from a guy on nico he has a lot of goodies including a good harness so hopefully he doesn't sell it before I get my tax money...

8SixS12Jan 13, 2013, 10:06 pm · #326

Yes a 18DET build! I tossed that idea around before I was blessed with my SR. I can't wait to see his it turns out. Man. I'm gonna have a lot of stops to make when I come back to Vegas.

burritomannnJan 14, 2013, 2:25 am · #327
Jeremy A on 09:23:59 PM / 13-Jan-13
Deco redid his,  he's just getting it buttoned up I think.

Yo no se Deco       :rolleyes2:
sideways_s12Jan 14, 2013, 7:08 pm · #328

What?
Post Merge


Going to be ordering some cp pistons for the det...
sideways_s12Jan 24, 2013, 9:48 pm · #329

Fixed my hood release last night so now my hood will pop from inside the car instead of me dicking with it outside the car....

ProlowtoneJan 26, 2013, 5:47 am · #330

Hahaha I have that problem to, damn stretched cable. I got one from my local go kart track since i know everyone there. Now to check how im going to mount it to the lever inside.. What size and ratio CP are you going with?

sideways_s12Jan 26, 2013, 9:03 am · #331

Probably 84mm and 9.5:1 is what i would like...

ProlowtoneJan 26, 2013, 12:24 pm · #332

ahh never mind, was gonna say i had some. 83mm 9:1 i believe

sideways_s12Jan 26, 2013, 9:45 pm · #333

Lol that works too.... Are they Cp?

ProlowtoneJan 26, 2013, 9:49 pm · #334

Yup. Got them on FRsport for cheep after i was told my block was good... Then after i made the order they told me they found a small bit of rust in cylinder 4:( Need to over bore and im going to stroke it while im at it...

sideways_s12Jan 26, 2013, 9:57 pm · #335

ahh ok how much did you get them for every where ive looked they were like 600 dollars....

ProlowtoneJan 26, 2013, 10:29 pm · #336

http://club-s12.org/retro4/index.php?topic=32032.220 I got the price down there, I paid 595

sideways_s12Jan 26, 2013, 11:07 pm · #337

Ahh ok yeah they are about the same price...

sideways_s12Feb 1, 2013, 12:13 am · #338

Wired up my fuel pump witht he walbro in it and also swapped to the sr fpr on the motor just waiting to take the motor in so doing lil things here and there....

turbo-s12Feb 1, 2013, 1:14 am · #339

Hurry up all ready lol

sideways_s12Feb 1, 2013, 3:24 am · #340

Lol gotta wait for the money lol

sideways_s12Feb 9, 2013, 2:17 pm · #341

Irs says i should have my money by the 13th so it will be on! Motor will be going to the shop to get a rebuild gotta order some other parts for it and as soon as it comes back from the shop it will be running about a week later barring any major fuck ups lol

8SixS12Feb 9, 2013, 3:52 pm · #342

Yes!  Get it done!  (I should talk :))

sideways_s12Feb 9, 2013, 9:53 pm · #343

Lol I will as soon as the money comes!

Jeremy AFeb 11, 2013, 12:42 am · #344

Like you always say,  just hurry the fuck up and get it started!

sideways_s12Feb 14, 2013, 2:54 am · #345

Motor is in the shop  woot!

turbo-s12Feb 14, 2013, 1:19 pm · #346

Ur not done yet? lol jk cant wait to see a vid when its done

sideways_s12Feb 14, 2013, 6:53 pm · #347

Not yet lol motor went to the shop yesterday so its just a matter of time....
Post Merge


Going with the 256 pon cams and the precision 5252e turbo which is good to 600hp so ill have plenty of room to play with... Just need to find some rad bushing for the mishi rad i got and redo the intercooler fix my bumper and put the dash back together. Going to be getting a harness from a member on here so I can fix the rats nest I got need to order a bov as well....
IggyEGuanaFeb 15, 2013, 11:29 pm · #348

sick!

sideways_s12Feb 16, 2013, 8:48 am · #349

ThaNk you sir....

8SixS12Feb 16, 2013, 1:25 pm · #350

Making progress I see. Keep it up!