Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Project: Resurrection.

Started by sideways_s12 · Feb 22, 2010 · 676postsSMF 2010–26

sideways_s12Feb 16, 2013, 6:10 pm · #351

Yes I am finally lol....

sideways_s12Feb 19, 2013, 2:13 pm · #352

Going to the junkyard tomorrow for some s13 rad mounts for my mishi rad....

vegasS12Feb 19, 2013, 2:55 pm · #353

Do S13 rad mounts work on our s12's?
There is a S13 at the pick a part in N LV btw.

sideways_s12Feb 19, 2013, 7:12 pm · #354

I have to drill a couple of holes and the mounts will make the rad sit flush....

sideways_s12Feb 20, 2013, 10:07 pm · #355

Went to the nlv yard and there were no s13's or s14's . The blue notch is still there so I yanked the brake booster from it. and also picked up some odds and ends for the wifes dsm...

vegasS12Feb 20, 2013, 10:15 pm · #356

You sure it was like 3 cars away from the blue notch

sideways_s12Feb 20, 2013, 10:31 pm · #357

yeah it wasn't there anymore there were some sentras next to the notch...

sideways_s12Feb 22, 2013, 10:58 pm · #358

Woot my cams came in today! Id post a pic but my phone is bing uber gay right Now

Jeremy AFeb 23, 2013, 3:00 pm · #359

Dope!

sideways_s12Feb 23, 2013, 9:02 pm · #360

Yeah i cant wait to get the motor back

8SixS12Feb 24, 2013, 5:34 am · #361

I see you went with the Mishimoto rad. Excellent choice. I got one for my SR. Think I might go for the e-fans and shroud too if I can't get the oem clutch fan to work with my funky HMIC setup idea.

sideways_s12Feb 24, 2013, 8:39 am · #362

Yeah i got the efans as well i just need to find an s13 so i can use the rad mounts but havent seen one in the yards Ill probably check it out this weekend....

8SixS12Feb 25, 2013, 9:21 pm · #363

Okay cool.  I've had the s13 rad mounts for a while now. They shouldn't be too hard to find.  Seems all the rice kids out here graduated to s13s from hondas so there all over the junkyards I'll let out know if I come accross some.

sideways_s12Feb 25, 2013, 11:27 pm · #364

Thanks yea once i get those I'm going to pull the bumper off (again) and install my ic then reinstall the bumper and install the rad and fans. I also need to put my dash together as well....

decoFeb 26, 2013, 3:03 pm · #365

Man that black beast is going to run as good as it looks when your done. What bumb sticks you go with? And what all are you having done to your motor? Im waiting on a set of rings. Had no idea synthetic oil was bad for brake in. Couldn't figure out how I went from 165 psi on a comp test to 120 after running it for a day. It started smoking, so when I pulled the head I found  i had glazed the cylender walls. now the block has been honed and waiting. Im loosing momentum on this thing, I need to get out and drive so I can get fired back up.

sideways_s12Feb 26, 2013, 9:59 pm · #366

Im going with 256 tomei poncams and the longblock is just getting a stock rebuild....

Jeremy AFeb 26, 2013, 10:22 pm · #367
deco on 03:03:32 PM / 26-Feb-13Had no idea synthetic oil was bad for brake in. Couldn't figure out how I went from 165 psi on a comp test to 120 after running it for a day. It started smoking, so when I pulled the head I found  i had glazed the cylender walls.


That is a bummer that you made that mistake,  I bet you facepalmed pretty hard after that one... 

Excited for some CA18DET action!
decoFeb 27, 2013, 10:59 am · #368

Ya man big bummer. I only rebuilt a mitsu 4g6x motor and always ran dino oil in that beast, other than that I have always had old or used cars so the syn oil thing was all new, dumb and new..... So how long till you get the motor back jason? If you need help hit me up looks like im going to have a few months off of work.

sideways_s12Feb 27, 2013, 9:01 pm · #369

Not sure trevor still has it the only update i got was about the cams coming in.... Oh and WOOT I GOT MY CAGE!!!

vegasS12Feb 28, 2013, 1:43 pm · #370
sideways_s12 on 09:01:16 PM / 27-Feb-13Not sure trevor still has it the only update i got was about the cams coming in.... Oh and WOOT I GOT MY CAGE!!!
you ended up getting the cage that was for sale in cali?
sideways_s12Feb 28, 2013, 2:19 pm · #371

Yessir!

vegasS12Feb 28, 2013, 7:19 pm · #372

Nice!

sideways_s12Feb 28, 2013, 7:55 pm · #373

Yeah i cant wait to install it but i dont thi.k i want to bolt it i think im going to have it welded in instead once I mock it up and see how it looks....

sideways_s12Mar 2, 2013, 9:20 pm · #374

Pics of the cage Woot !

posted image

posted image

burritomannnMar 3, 2013, 5:51 am · #375

Way nice!

sideways_s12Mar 3, 2013, 7:50 am · #376

Thanks

sideways_s12Mar 9, 2013, 10:43 pm · #377

Gonna be ordering my turbo in the next couple of weeks! Woot! motor is still in the shop tho...

sideways_s12Mar 13, 2013, 9:12 pm · #378

Welp so much for buying my turbo turns out the number 4 cyl that we honed back when i got the was honed a bit to much so now i have to order oversized pistons which is the money that was going towards the turbo i guess ill be running a t28 when i find one....

sideways_s12Apr 1, 2013, 4:09 am · #379

Project put on hold due to me losing my primary job all I need is a turbo and some 240sx rad mounts/bushing to install my mishimoto rad Then it will all come together and be running....

sideways_s12Apr 14, 2013, 3:27 am · #380

Motor still at machine shop they are taking soooooooooooooooooooooooo looooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggg gggggggg lol wish they would speed up the fucking process....

ArroApr 23, 2013, 5:32 pm · #381

Cage looks legit :thumbsup:

sideways_s12Apr 24, 2013, 2:16 am · #382

It was but i sold it to vegas s12 lol I'm going to have one welded in instead....
Post Merge


Gotta pay an extra 250 for a valve job apparently they were pretty bad they were leaking so bad that he thought the were bent lol
XortioNApr 25, 2013, 4:22 pm · #383

Ooooh nice roll cage! :)

sideways_s12Apr 26, 2013, 2:13 am · #384

Lol i no longer have it i sold it!

XortioNApr 26, 2013, 3:26 am · #385

LoL, I should have read your  previous post  :devilsidesmile: :devilsidesmile:

sideways_s12Apr 27, 2013, 1:25 am · #386

Lol it's all good

sideways_s12May 3, 2013, 1:42 am · #387

Motor is ready for reassembly woot!

posted image

KevinJDMMay 9, 2013, 12:53 pm · #388

Well that all looks just beautiful. Won't be long till all my stuff is gathered once again from the shop!

sideways_s12May 11, 2013, 10:38 am · #389

you doing the 18det aswell?

8SixS12May 13, 2013, 8:20 pm · #390

Damn!  That cage was fresh!  Too bad it's gone though.  Glad to see you making progress again.

sideways_s12May 14, 2013, 1:42 pm · #391

Yeah i decided to go a different route with the cage I want....

sideways_s12Jun 1, 2013, 10:28 pm · #392

Nearing it's final stages!! Woot !!

posted image

posted image

posted image

Lennon being an ass because he's an sr fanboi! lol

posted image

8SixS12Jun 2, 2013, 2:09 pm · #393

Sweet!  That's funny. You caught up to damn near the same stage I'm at in a 1/4 of the time it took me!  Anyway, looks great and just get it finished already! :)

sideways_s12Jun 2, 2013, 10:18 pm · #394

lol I'm trying to to... once I get the motor done I still need a manifold for my 60 trim...

sideways_s12Jun 17, 2013, 2:17 am · #395

Woot Motor is finished going to drop off half of the rest of the money I owe him tomorrow and then the other half on friday and I'll have my motor back then it'll be time to find a turbo Probably just goning to go with a t28 for now just to get it back up and running OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH I can't wait lol...So close!

8SixS12Jun 17, 2013, 6:49 pm · #396

That's what's up! I need to catch up to you now sideways.

IggyEGuanaJun 18, 2013, 9:14 am · #397

post that pic up from FB. these motors look sexy as hell with raw cam covers

sideways_s12Jun 18, 2013, 4:19 pm · #398

will do!
Post Merge


(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/20130615_132839_zps8735d0c7.jpg) 
Here is the pic.
IggyEGuanaJun 19, 2013, 11:15 am · #399

the fuel rail is freshly painted too? it looks good. that and the valve covers go good together

sideways_s12Jun 19, 2013, 4:38 pm · #400

yeah i think he painted it.  How do I keep the raw look looking good? Should I hit it with a clear coat? I just don't want it to rust up.