Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Dee's No! Don't Touch Me There Build

Started by Deezus · Mar 22, 2010 · 182postsSMF 2010–26

turbo-s12Jul 28, 2010, 6:47 am · #101

This is a good option for a spoiler or watever u wanna call it I don't care..
http://www.google.com/m/search?site=images...a%20spoiler#p=0

JordanJul 28, 2010, 5:45 pm · #102

Find me a "duck wing" and I'll consider it. Last time I checked those don't show up too often at the parts yard. I think I might have to put a "Budget Build" disclaimer up. Hell, I'll be lucky if I can afford to get the notch legal by the end of summer.

JordanJul 29, 2010, 7:53 pm · #103

Two more months till I'm free of emissions requirements.... and counting.

DeezusAug 1, 2010, 12:22 am · #104

started on a switch panel.

posted image

DeezusAug 12, 2010, 12:07 am · #105

trades for

Corolla, S13, **M30**, or AWD 1st gen impreza

ArroAug 12, 2010, 12:13 am · #106

So how come you decided to sell it? I mean obviously it's not for money reasons if you want to trade.

No offense man, but other than the M30 or the Impreza, the S13 is overplayed and the Corolla is more limited on swap options. Not sure what your motivation is here...?

I mean you have a KA S12. Why not keep with that and BUILD it up?

Edit: plus you have a black-interior S12 with good condition accordian boot, omg I love it w/ the grenade haha!

DeezusAug 12, 2010, 12:19 am · #107

id love to keep the s12, but i just need a car i can drive. My 12 is my only car and i havent been able to drive it since october. And i can only bum rides from people for so long... And Im going to college soon so id like to have a slightly newer car (excluding the corolla) So i can commute between home and school (home is where my garage is at, and its free) But i dont want to give up on drifting either so that why im still shooting for an m30, 240, or a corolla. the impreza is just because i love rally and ive always wanted to do a legit rally build after owning my vw rabbit.

ArroAug 12, 2010, 12:21 am · #108

I just read what you said on your sale thread, man it sounds like very little to deal with... I'm sure we can help you here, hell, you can get an S13 plastic intake in the meantime like I did to deal with the hose connections, and solve one issue right there. Then complete your custom intake when you can.

Seriously man, you're like so ridiculously close to completion you will regret giving up!

DeezusAug 12, 2010, 12:26 am · #109

I have 3 oem intakes, but they dont fit lol. I'm new to custom fabbed parts, so when i made my fan setup i didnt take into account that my intake still has to go in there and it doesnt fit, so i took a honda civic cai, and a 2g dsm intake and made my own cold air intake baby, it just hasnt hit puberty yet.

ArroAug 12, 2010, 12:29 am · #110

For your intake: Go to nico, go to zilvia, go to 240sxforums, go and put it in want to buy areas, look at sale threads for part-outs... get yourself a KA24DE plastic intake tube and solve that problem.

DeezusAug 12, 2010, 12:31 am · #111

yea i know, but they dont fit between my fans and the front of my motor. I'm not ganna sell, and im going to keep working on the s12 in the mean time. But if the right trade comes up im ganna have to take it.

ArroAug 12, 2010, 12:39 am · #112

I just looked at your fan shroud.

So here is what I'm thinking. Get the sticks of tube you need for your hose connections to the intake. Cut them to length you want them (hack saw). Drill the holes for them in your intake. Then take them to an exhaust shop, and pay them a few bucks to weld them onto the tube.

xxstreetbikesxxAug 12, 2010, 12:45 am · #113

May be off topic, but where did you get your gauge holder things? lol idk the name for it?

It fits soo good in where the clock used to be..

DeezusAug 12, 2010, 12:53 am · #114

@arro

thats what im going to do, its just i havent been able to. I can tac weld but i was ganna get my friend to do it for me cause my welds suck dick. But the reason i havent done it yet is because i seriously have no way of going to get the stuff. I have no other car lol, however my friends s12 should be on the road in the next week or so, and he deffinatly owes me favors so ill get him to run my ass around.

@dom

I  made that pod, the clock wasnt in the car when i bought it, but i found the face of it in a box of parts that came in the car. the face looked like it was cut off with a band saw, but idk what they look like put together i never had one. Anyway i took heat resistant furnace tape, that chrome stuff you can get. Then i layed the tape over it to make it a flat surface and molded the pod with bondo, then drilled 2 holes for my guages then wrapped painters tape around the guages so they would squeeze in. I was kinda impressed on what i made with tape and bondo lol. But i guess we all have to start somewhere..

EDIT: I want to learn how to fiberglass, so im toying with the idea of making a mold of that peice without guage hole. So i can make them and you guys can drill your own holes to fit any size guages. and im currently working on custom side skirts, and a 3 peice rear lip.

xxstreetbikesxxAug 12, 2010, 1:05 am · #115
Deezus@arro

thats what im going to do, its just i havent been able to. I can tac weld but i was ganna get my friend to do it for me cause my welds suck dick. But the reason i havent done it yet is because i seriously have no way of going to get the stuff. I have no other car lol, however my friends s12 should be on the road in the next week or so, and he deffinatly owes me favors so ill get him to run my ass around.
@dom

I  made that pod, the clock wasnt in the car when i bought it, but i found the face of it in a box of parts that came in the car. the face looked like it was cut off with a band saw, but idk what they look like put together i never had one. Anyway i took heat resistant furnace tape, that chrome stuff you can get Then i layed the tape over it to make it a flat surface and molded the pod with bondo, then drilled 2 holes for my guages then wrapped painters tape around the guages so they would squeeze in. I was kinda impressed on what i made with tape and bondo lol. But i guess we all have to start somewhere..
EDIT: I want to learn how to fiberglass, so im toying with the idea of making a mold of that peice without guage hole. So i can make them and you guys can drill your own holes to fit any size guages. and im currently working on custom side skirts, and a 3 peice rear lip.

Dude, you are a freaking genius. lol.. Bondo,, i would of never thought of using that in other ways than fixing dents and holes!

Btw, im stealing your idea lol.

DeezusAug 12, 2010, 1:08 am · #116

lmao go ahead, if you need any reference pictures just tell me and ill take the pod out and take some pics. I might to a write up on it... even though its pretty simple.

xxstreetbikesxxAug 12, 2010, 1:10 am · #117
Deezuslmao go ahead, if you need any reference pictures just tell me and ill take the pod out and take some pics. I might to a write up on it... even though its pretty simple.

Lol. thanks man.

I just never thought of bondo..

I need to stick my safc in there, and the plastic is soo hard to cut.. Ill just make it out of bondo. lol.
DeezusAug 12, 2010, 1:27 am · #118

lmao alright, just make sure you get the hardener/bondo ratio right or else it will bend and split easily and it will get sticky in the heat.

xxstreetbikesxxAug 12, 2010, 2:01 am · #119
Deezuslmao alright, just make sure you get the hardener/bondo ratio right or else it will bend and split easily and it will get sticky in the heat.

Yeah. I got ya.. I already did body work on my car, so bondo work is easy,, stuff kinda burns after a while lol.
DeezusAug 17, 2010, 8:55 am · #120

Alright so heres where we stand

What i need to finish

New Battery Wire (relocated to rear but current wire is too small 4g)
Circuit Break
Relay/wire/switches/fancy lights
For...
1. Fans
2. Reverse lights
3. Gauge lights
Install New tach
Volt
Oil Pressure (i need the fittings.. where can i get them for a kade?)
Water Temp (it just sits at 190 degrees so i think the tube is kinked might new a new one)
Replace all wheel studs (dont ask why its embarrassing, but i learned my lesson)
Fix rear left brake caliper (circle thing that pushes came out and i cant get it back in)
Put on my rear S/D Rotors
Roll my fenders (Hellaflush, i did it for you old guys)
Finish my intake
Fix my clutch line (line to slave split, i read you can use a 280zx front brake line to replace, is this true?)
Get a new 02 sensor (a friend of mine sent me 2, but mine only uses 1 wire and the 2 he sent use 3, any ideas?)
Finish my Hood
and fix the little bit of rust on my front fenders

after thats ALL done, im getting ready for paint. Im thinking white? Dad suggests black but idk if it will go with my hood..

EDIT:

I should be getting a new job here soon. So after i get that i should be getting
s13 calipers and might trade off my s14 spindles for s13 ones. If i can get a dealer to split a set of coils for me then yea, then kyb agx for the rear, and any suggestions for spring rates on the rear? This car will be drifted.

fyneyoungstunnaAug 17, 2010, 2:52 pm · #121

i know this has blown pass, but you can put a ka bellhousing on a z32 trans.

DeezusAug 17, 2010, 7:55 pm · #122

are you sure about that?

fyneyoungstunnaAug 17, 2010, 8:27 pm · #123

Yup s13/14 trans is a replacement for our( I have z32) trans.

DeezusAug 17, 2010, 8:43 pm · #124

i thought you had to run an adapter plate in order to use a z32 trans on a ka/sr

D-sport S12Aug 17, 2010, 9:12 pm · #125
fyneyoungstunnaYup s13/14 trans is a replacement for our( I have z32) trans.
pretty sure you need the adapter plate and a couple things to use a z32 trans
fyneyoungstunnaAug 18, 2010, 12:17 am · #126

The trans from the 90-94 240SX (K series) will work in the NA Z's. Swap the bell housings out and you're good to go. The torque convertors are the same too

taken from "did you know this fits a Z" on a z forum im on.

DeezusAug 18, 2010, 12:46 am · #127
fyneyoungstunnaThe trans from the 90-94 240SX (K series) will work in the NA Z's. Swap the bell housings out and you're good to go. The torque convertors are the same too

taken from "did you know this fits a Z" on a z forum im on.

can you link us? cause im still not believing this can happen without and adapter plate.
fyneyoungstunnaAug 18, 2010, 1:41 am · #128

you have to be a memeber of the forums. ive tried linking to things there before and it doesnt work.

DeezusAug 18, 2010, 8:26 pm · #129

I want something to do to my car... but idk what to do. I dont feel like working on my list today, im too tired.

DeezusAug 20, 2010, 5:17 am · #130

youll like this arro

My brother hooked me up with these sweet fittings that were supposed to go on his radiator on his civic. but he didnt use them so i now have fittings for my vacc lines. The on line is too small to fit, but idk if this is kosher or not but i found a peice of brake line that worked perfect, and i drilled a hole and used jb weld to put it on, i put a nail through it so the tube would stay clear, and i reinforced it with some washers. Its haggard but i want to drift. Im going to redo the wiring on my ignition coil tomorrow using scraps of an old wiring harness. Im ganna try to weld on my exhaust. I might play with my weiner a little bit idk, depends on the humidity.

EightySix200SXAug 20, 2010, 5:31 am · #131
Deezusyoull like this arro
I might play with my weiner a little bit idk, depends on the humidity.

i bet he will its not suppose to be that humid so i guess its a go!
DeezusAug 21, 2010, 6:11 am · #132

alright good news.

Me and my dad hate each other.

And he does not like it when he pisses me off. He pissed me off because he almost ruined my relationship with my 2 best friends. So i havent talked to him in a week. Well today he needed my jack to work on my brothers civic and he asked me for it so i took my car off the jack and put it on stands. Then came my favorite words.

"So whats this thing need yet?"

When we fight. Its not pretty so he gets in these moods where he doesnt want me mad anymore and his mood is basically "What parts do you neeed"

so tomorrow I'm ordering a new rear caliper... and im guessing you cant get s12 calipers anymore? So will i have to get s13? and do all i have to do is mount them on the opposite side?

02 sensor
s13 rear brake line to replace my slave line
possibly relays for my fans but idk what to use

(oh yea im deffinatly milking my dad before i go to college)

sam31183Aug 21, 2010, 6:25 am · #133

you can still get s12 brake calipers...check rockauto.com

DeezusAug 21, 2010, 6:30 am · #134

well i mean can i get my local parts store to order them? Because my dad is like anti-order things on the internet. And hes paying so you know how that goes.... I feel like such a dbag for saying that..

EDIT: i was just looking on rock auto, if i can manage to order from there.... well idk which to get, i need a rear left. And idk wtf a semi-loaded, loaded, homosexual, inbred... idk what any of that means. anyone wouldnt happen to have a part number or tell me which one i want?

hotdoghogieAug 21, 2010, 6:59 am · #135
EightySix200SXi bet he will its not suppose to be that humid so i guess its a go!


Wow the ninja edit is epic... sig material fosho!
JayAug 21, 2010, 12:03 pm · #136

For the fan relay.

I used a $5.94 foglight relay from advance auto... Pictured below

posted image

XanoAug 21, 2010, 1:09 pm · #137

Just a thought for Dee, my fans wanted to pull more than 30A jay.  I found a couple 40A relays and hooked the two up (one for each of the 2 speeds).  So far that setup has been working well.  

I should really write up a wiring diagram for my setup, and modify it a bit to include a temp switch on the low speed.

JayAug 21, 2010, 3:27 pm · #138
XanoJust a thought for Dee, my fans wanted to pull more than 30A jay.  I found a couple 40A relays and hooked the two up (one for each of the 2 speeds).  So far that setup has been working well.  

I should really write up a wiring diagram for my setup, and modify it a bit to include a temp switch on the low speed.

Meh, this one's been working fine with me Altima dual fans. The both of them after initial startup pulled 22A. And I don't have 2 speeds. So I'm golden.
DeezusAug 21, 2010, 7:24 pm · #139
JayMeh, this one's been working fine with me Altima dual fans. The both of them after initial startup pulled 22A. And I don't have 2 speeds. So I'm golden.


I appreciate the help doodz. Ill prolly end up just going with the 40a.. I dont know anythign about relays, but my friend chad is really good with that kind of stuff so he said hes ganna come with me when i go buy everything so he can tell me what to get and make sure i get the right stuff
DeezusAug 21, 2010, 9:04 pm · #140

sweet sheezy More good news

I had a 87 2wd full size chevy pickup with a 350 w/auto trans in it. I didnt want a 2wd pickup for obvious reasons. My dad has a legit 88 PennDot dump truck that has a 350, which put a nice hole in the block. Well i told him he could have the engine out of my pickup and he can use my truck for parts. It had a full rebuild with like 33k miles. He needed the hood, seat, cab corners, and we fabbed up new rockers. ANYWAY (i ramble)

Im quite possibly getting an 89 chevy pickup for FREEEEEEE! 4x4 idk how many miles, i was told it runs great, it just needs a new bed (tail whipped a tree) and a new fuel pump. Well I have a perfectly good rust free sex machine bed off my old truck, and the fuel pumps are interchangeable. SO ill have a free tow rig to get my car to and from the track and a vehicle for the winter.

8==D hillbilly fo lyfe

XanoAug 21, 2010, 9:58 pm · #141

Btw, vatozone sells the 40A relays near the Aux KC Daylighter type lights (its the aisle i like to call the ricer aisle, has the decals and shit in that aisle, at least at the ones around here), at least thats where i saw it each time.  The ones in the electrical aisle always seemed to only be the 30A or smaller.  40A is a safe bet and costs the same, no reason not to go with it

DeezusAug 24, 2010, 9:14 am · #142

All my intake vacuum lines are done.... lets just say are rigged... but theyll work, just not pretty. Im ganna clean out all the metal shavings tomorrow, put it on then fire her up and see how she idles. I know its ganna be rough if at all because i dont have an o2 sensor in. And i prolly have bad gas cause its been sitting brewing in the tank since october.

DeezusAug 27, 2010, 12:22 am · #143
http://vimeo.com/14443251
DeezusAug 30, 2010, 6:26 pm · #144

I had to trick the cops

posted image

DeezusAug 30, 2010, 6:49 pm · #145

will mkii tails fit on an mki? cause i want to get the whole set and replace mine.. a previous owner tried to smoke them but they dont know how to spray and it ran.

DeezusSep 2, 2010, 1:06 am · #146

useless update. I decided im ganna repaint the car the same shade of maroon instead of white.

DjayS12Sep 2, 2010, 1:27 am · #147

Keep the hood scheme! I like it!

DeezusSep 2, 2010, 4:50 am · #148

oh well yea of course im ganna keep the hood. I was thinking about getting a notch hood cause i dont like the buldge hood, then just redoing it on the notch hood. Then i realized if i switched it would clear the KA.

Its bullshit. I have a turbo model and it doesnt have the turbo hood. Id crush the thing anyway but at least i could sell it or somethin lol. I hate turbo hoods with a passion. imho quite a few s12s have been ruined for me because someone put a turbo hood on.

JaySep 2, 2010, 5:22 am · #149
Deezusoh well yea of course im ganna keep the hood. I was thinking about getting a notch hood cause i dont like the buldge hood, then just redoing it on the notch hood. Then i realized if i switched it would clear the KA.

Both hoods clear just fine.
Bulge hood needs no modification (as you know, it's already there )
Flat hood needs to have a little of the inner channel bracing cut out.
DeezusSep 2, 2010, 5:50 am · #150

well i dont think thats true.. or i have some funky rare motor mounts, cause on my buldge hood all the bracing is cut out and the hood all but touchesm its might even touch.. Previous owner had the hood propped but i wasnt feelin it so i took the prop off and it could be touching im not sure.