Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

MaxpowSep 21, 2011, 8:20 pm · #1351

Curbrashed one of the new wheels goddamnit. There goes 100 bux on repair weeeeeee.

Colonel GustardSep 21, 2011, 10:41 pm · #1352

wow you fail

JaySep 21, 2011, 10:52 pm · #1353

Shouldn't get road head in a hyundai. They're not built for that.
Geo metro's however.... They totally freaking are. So are 1988 manual transmission turbo dodge caravans.

MaxpowSep 22, 2011, 10:40 am · #1354
Colonel Gustard on 10:41:49 PM / 21-Sep-11wow you fail


Everytime she gets something new I break it in a week or less.
Colonel GustardSep 22, 2011, 10:42 am · #1355
Maxpow on 10:40:56 AM / 22-Sep-11
Everytime she gets something new I break it in a week or less.
i need to teach you how to drive like a grandma to preserve rims and get ultra super gas mileage
MaxpowSep 22, 2011, 10:47 am · #1356

Got 270miles on 3/4 of a tank (7.5 gallons) so I get the mileage. I just need to stop driving like err day is the track.

I was just derpin and misjudged the curb, now she'll have a fullsize spare. Lets stay positive.

kelso840Sep 22, 2011, 10:51 am · #1357
Jay on 10:52:19 PM / 21-Sep-11Shouldn't get road head in a hyundai. They're not built for that.
Geo metro's however.... They totally freaking are. So are 1988 manual transmission turbo dodge caravans.

Gigolo much, Jay?
SchizophrenicMCSep 22, 2011, 9:24 pm · #1358
Colonel Gustard on 10:42:47 AM / 22-Sep-11i need to teach you how to drive like a grandma to preserve rims and get ultra super gas mileage
Funny story: Ultra Super Gas Mileage can be better achieved through quick acceleration to final velocity below 55mph, and reaching cruising gear as soon as possible, as opposed to grandma-like slow-burn acceleration. As for the speed you stay at, that's something I don't think any of us are any good at.

That said, I know exactly what Maxpow means about derping around. The Saturn and the GMC pickup have both suffered from this. The former got both its right tires blown out, and the right CV axle fucked when I mis-timed a rev-match on the downshift into a right turn, and it jumped forward into the turn lane. And right up over the corner of a drive-in. At 45mph.

As for the GMC, I live by this warehouse, and I was tooling around with a kid I went to high school with, and I was drifting the damned truck around the corners. Well, I hit one corner, and the brakes either didn't catch enough, or it didn't downshift in time, because I didn't swing out, I just skidded and smashed the wheel into the curb. Bent the lip to hell. Luckily, Sierra had a full-size spare on her. I rolled the truck out of the way, and we got that wheel swapped in 5 minutes, using the OE scissor jack. (which was all the way down when I started) The broken wheel is still under the bed. The suspension on that side is either so bad already, or so resilient, I haven't noticed any differences. She'd still be a tool-around, if the transmission wasn't going out again, and the engine had more than 5 of its 8 cylinders firing.

Oh, and Jay, cowgirl in the back seat of an old GM pickup, while your buddy's off-roading it. Like. A. Boss.

*ahem* This is about what I did to my S12. So, what I did to my S12 today was put more time, and curses, into this damned wiring harness. Half the wires are missing, or the wrong color, thanks to one of the previous owners doing their own work on it. At least the current owner studies electrical engineering. smiley
ProlowtoneSep 23, 2011, 12:14 am · #1359

Drove around laughing that my tach is actually working. Drove my mom over to the bar down the road to get tickets to an up coming NFL game in Seattle, Then i turned around in a gravel parking lot and did a little drift before coming back home to clean the interior. Now to be up at 9am and drive to Abbotsford

sam31183Sep 23, 2011, 12:48 am · #1360

My friends are going to go see the cards/hawks game Sunday also.

JaySep 23, 2011, 3:14 am · #1361
SchizophrenicMC on 09:24:43 PM / 22-Sep-11Oh, and Jay, cowgirl in the back seat of an old GM pickup, while your buddy's off-roading it. Like. A. Boss.
Did it reverse cowgirl in the back of explorer while mudding once. She did not like her head hitting the ceiling later on. But she really didn't care at the time.

Wholefully approve.
ProlowtoneSep 23, 2011, 3:54 am · #1362
sam31183 on 12:48:29 AM / 23-Sep-11My friends are going to go see the cards/hawks game Sunday also.
Is thats who is playing on sunday? I am not going, I think im busy and also didnt feel like spending $125
KustamogenSep 23, 2011, 11:07 am · #1363

I walk by it everyday and I tell it that its a bad car....A VERY BAD CAR!!!!

sam31183Sep 23, 2011, 11:42 am · #1364
Prolowtone on 03:54:28 AM / 23-Sep-11Is thats who is playing on sunday? I am not going, I think im busy and also didnt feel like spending $125

Yep....they might actually win this one....hah. 125 is quite a bit..and its a couple hours drive for you. One of my friends who is going is from Bellingham tho...
ProlowtoneSep 23, 2011, 2:48 pm · #1365

Took her up to 60km in first gear while getting onto the highway before i thought ok, Ill shift now that its at about 6500 RPM Cheesy. I laugh at my CA20 every time i get the now working tack into the "Red zone"

DeezusSep 26, 2011, 6:33 am · #1366

Prepp'd it fo selling

fo sho

Sean_howell1Sep 26, 2011, 4:44 pm · #1367

Lots, Moog Tie-Rod, more grease in wheel bearings, added some sweet energy sway bar bushings, painted hood, failed at wet-sanding, noticed a dent!! wtf,  played with cb radio, and still looking for a damn hub dust cap that fits.
posted image
posted image
posted image

Slip n SlideSep 26, 2011, 7:27 pm · #1368
Sean_howell1 on 04:44:37 PM / 26-Sep-11  played with cb radio
posted image

My CB antennae is on the passenger side. S12's look damn good with them.
Sean_howell1Sep 27, 2011, 10:57 am · #1369

lol it will look bitchin, after my paint job and wheels

Nissan86Sep 27, 2011, 1:25 pm · #1370

I'm about to drive around 250+ miles down to Kearny Mesa and up to Rialto.

DatsmoZSep 27, 2011, 2:25 pm · #1371

I'm about to drive around 250+ miles down to Kearny Mesa and up to Rialto.

MaxpowOct 2, 2011, 6:49 pm · #1372
posted image
posted image
posted image

Spacers
Colonel GustardOct 2, 2011, 7:30 pm · #1373

needs moar low

Slip n SlideOct 2, 2011, 8:04 pm · #1374
Colonel Gustard on 07:30:19 PM / 02-Oct-11needs moar low

This. Shit looks goofy haha
MaxpowOct 3, 2011, 12:08 pm · #1375

Rubbing so bad. Just cut off the outer inch of rear driver side tire. Gonna get them professionally rolled today for 50 bux, then when I have 900 bux its:

posted image

Time.

EightySix200SXOct 3, 2011, 12:22 pm · #1376

yeah.... backseats are getting done in the same fashion

posted image

them latinas love it
posted image

Colonel GustardOct 3, 2011, 1:50 pm · #1377

them underage latinas love it lol

SchizophrenicMCOct 3, 2011, 3:18 pm · #1378

Pulled both front fenders, the bumper, the grille, grille support, and the one parking lamp I still have off.

She looks funny now, but the passenger door opens and the headlight will actually raise and fall. Door must be aligned too far forward.

Oh, I also re-routed the positive terminal the previous owner had through the shifter hole.

Now, I just need to solder this wiring harness, get this new ignitor in place, get all the missing bolts back in place, find a new PS pump and bracket, glue some shit down, and probably replace the driver fender and find a new set of parking lamps. And a new battery.

iceagegOct 4, 2011, 7:05 pm · #1379
iceageg on 07:07:50 AM / 20-Sep-11Contacted the current owner to get additional pics and talk price . . . looks like my search may be over soon!  More notchy goodness for me!

FTW for self quote, but had to notify seller that my purchase has to be delayed due to personal/family dynamics.  Will probably still be there when I'm ready, but still kicking myself.
SchizophrenicMCOct 4, 2011, 9:46 pm · #1380

Decided that, if I don't have the car running by the end of the month, it's getting parted. Two weeks after that, I'm calling a scrap yard for the rest. No sense in fucking with a car it takes more than 2 months just to get to turn over.

Colonel GustardOct 4, 2011, 9:51 pm · #1381

drove her around and called her a dirty whore, she liked it. shes doing good

WonderingravenOct 4, 2011, 10:08 pm · #1382

Picture to come, but Cone filter, z31 maf installed, and .... z31 ecu installed :-)

sam31183Oct 5, 2011, 1:44 am · #1383

shitty night time cell phone picture is shitty...

posted image

ProlowtoneOct 5, 2011, 9:00 am · #1384

Got new tires put on my rims, then when i got home and went to put the rims on i noticed the fucking weights are falling off. Back to get them rebalanced i guess. Also found my oil leak, I have a hole in my oil pressure sensor.... Like a hole inside the connector and a rubber seal around the connector, so i need to get one of those today

Slip n SlideOct 5, 2011, 2:54 pm · #1385

Gots me a title, tags and tires. Cheesy

and ill hopefully be picking up my new 88 CA20 hatch tonight or tomorrow. The thing has 380K on it. I'm feeling a kade, unless I pick up this ca18det my buddy has...

Colonel GustardOct 5, 2011, 7:18 pm · #1386

started raining down here as i got out of class. had A LOT of fun on the trip home. had the tires spinning up to 3rd gear from a launch. i love this 80's tin can

WonderingravenOct 5, 2011, 7:26 pm · #1387
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDaco0goyUY
Rawr
Nissan86Oct 8, 2011, 4:35 pm · #1388
posted image

I fixed it! Finally. Thanks Gus for advice!!
Colonel GustardOct 8, 2011, 4:40 pm · #1389

was it that black box up front or the stupid blue box in the rear?

DatsmoZOct 8, 2011, 5:35 pm · #1390

(http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/319199_225924077469239_100001549456753_685832_540007868_n.jpg)

I fixed it! Finally. Thanks Gus for advice!!

sam31183Oct 8, 2011, 5:52 pm · #1391

Red dash lights? Leds?

Nissan86Oct 8, 2011, 6:47 pm · #1392

It was the stupid black box up front

sam31183 on 05:52:58 PM / 08-Oct-11Red dash lights? Leds?
Don't know, This is the first time seeing them on. Shocked
DatsmoZOct 8, 2011, 7:47 pm · #1393

It was the stupid black box up front

sam31183 on 06:52:58 PM / 08-Oct-11Red dash lights? Leds?
Don't know, This is the first time seeing them on. :o
SchizophrenicMCOct 8, 2011, 7:54 pm · #1394

Could be too dim? Undervolt perhaps?

Anyway, nice, man

WonderingravenOct 8, 2011, 9:20 pm · #1395

Picked up an R90A Tranny (z31 turbo 85) just for the bell housing for like 25 bucks.
5speed swap getting very close to success :-D

SchizophrenicMCOct 8, 2011, 10:14 pm · #1396

I noticed my car looks sexy, wet, in the dark.

Just like a fine woman. I shall call her, Silvia.

Nissan86Oct 9, 2011, 1:12 am · #1397
SchizophrenicMC on 10:14:47 PM / 08-Oct-11I noticed my car looks sexy, wet, in the dark.

Just like a fine woman. I shall call her, Silvia.
Hahaha!! I actually said the same thing about my car when she's wet.
posted image
Kinda sounds lezzy when I say it out loud though.
JayOct 9, 2011, 1:31 am · #1398

I have a dent in my MK I Hood that's EXACTLY like that.
Mine came from a boat trailer. Brother rolled it into my car.

DatsmoZOct 9, 2011, 2:12 am · #1399
SchizophrenicMC on 11:14:47 PM / 08-Oct-11I noticed my car looks sexy, wet, in the dark.

Just like a fine woman. I shall call her, Silvia.
Hahaha!! I actually said the same thing about my car when she's wet.
(http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/293914_225922240802756_100001549456753_685825_1231310646_n.jpg)
Kinda sounds lezzy when I say it out loud though. :/
SchizophrenicMCOct 9, 2011, 8:01 am · #1400
posted image
That's the prettiest I've seen her.