Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

Nissan86Oct 9, 2011, 12:38 pm · #1401
Jay on 01:31:44 AM / 09-Oct-11I have a dent in my MK I Hood that's EXACTLY like that.
Mine came from a boat trailer. Brother rolled it into my car.
LOL! I got it like this. I keep trying to ignore it, but its really starting to bother me.
sam31183Oct 9, 2011, 1:04 pm · #1402

I also have a similar dent in my hood...i always thought it might have been a softball for some reason. (dents been on the hood since I got it.)

JayOct 9, 2011, 1:15 pm · #1403
Nissan86 on 12:38:09 PM / 09-Oct-11LOL! I got it like this. I keep trying to ignore it, but its really starting to bother me.

That makes it even funnier. It only stood out to me because it's in the exact same place, with the exact same crease positions, and looks ifuckingdentical.
So, I bought a MK II hood.... It's sitting against the wall in the garage. Saving it for if the next engine doesn't fit quite right.

Also.
I TOOK A PICTURE WITH IT'S ASS!
posted image
DatsmoZOct 9, 2011, 1:38 pm · #1404
Jay on 02:31:44 AM / 09-Oct-11I have a dent in my MK I Hood that's EXACTLY like that.
Mine came from a boat trailer. Brother rolled it into my car.
LOL! I got it like this. I keep trying to ignore it, but its really starting to bother me.
Nissan86Oct 10, 2011, 9:47 pm · #1405

Drove my S12 to Barns and Nobles and found this

posted image

posted image

SchizophrenicMCOct 10, 2011, 10:25 pm · #1406

Nigga...

Anyway, I tried to re-align my doors and I got my headlight lifter glued back together.

DatsmoZOct 10, 2011, 10:47 pm · #1407

Drove my S12 to Barns and Nobles and found this

(http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/298430_226929097368737_100001549456753_689215_449537626_n.jpg)

(http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/307630_226929120702068_100001549456753_689216_205329073_n.jpg)

Slip n SlideOct 12, 2011, 6:51 pm · #1408

Got new wheels a few days ago....

posted image
posted image

And I found a Starion today. Gutted from the front seats back.

posted image

JayOct 12, 2011, 7:47 pm · #1409

Those look so 80stastic it's redonkulous

ProlowtoneOct 12, 2011, 8:22 pm · #1410

Lookin good

J woodsOct 12, 2011, 9:13 pm · #1411

You have to take the good with the bad with these cars. Today I had a very good. I rebuilt my headlight combo light stalk using a thread from the sr20 web site. Lights work perfectly now. Now the bad. I have another exhaust leak. Probably my fault. I used washers with the locking clips. The washers raise the nuts to where the locking clip can't do it's job and the nuts loosen causing the exhuast leak. If it gets any worse I will have to pull out the t25 I just put in and redo the clips minus the washers. Damn Damn Damn!


Post Merge: 09:16:27 PM / 12-Oct-11
Oh. I added some pictures on cardomain. wolf86. Can't figure out how to add pictures here.
night_s12Oct 12, 2011, 11:47 pm · #1412

^^Whered u get the rear window louvers??!!!!

Unleashedrb200sxOct 13, 2011, 2:14 pm · #1413

Did a custom key .... heat a little screwdriver till its red take some longnose and take of the metal part, cut the handle of the key  heat till its red and insert in the screwdriver handle thats it Cheesy

S12-AROct 13, 2011, 2:18 pm · #1414

^^^You sir should post some pics up of your car. I want to see more.

SchizophrenicMCOct 13, 2011, 2:49 pm · #1415

Tried replacing the rear window latches. Found out the screws for the driver side latch are missing.

drummingpariahOct 13, 2011, 3:29 pm · #1416

Diagnosed my EFI short. Stupid o2 sensor wiring shorting out on itself.

SchizophrenicMCOct 13, 2011, 3:31 pm · #1417

Digging you signature, Pariah.

drummingpariahOct 13, 2011, 5:09 pm · #1418

It was just for/because-of you.

bluke1Oct 13, 2011, 5:47 pm · #1419

verified what i already knew. cylinder 3 has low compression, in the area of 60#s. bent valves from undesirable object in the cylinder before startup. planned on rebuilding an extra motor, but can't find 10:1 pistons for the vg. can find stock and 11:1. think instead of a full motor build I will do it cheap with a set of fresh heads, just gotta do a little work to my spare heads. new valves and lifters, light machining, and i have a good mototrr for a few hundred bucks. winning.

sam31183Oct 14, 2011, 6:00 pm · #1420

Replaced the top heater core hose because the one that was on the car rubbed a hole on itself against the fpr. I am not happy though with the current hose setup....what have others done for heater core hoses besides looping them?

ProlowtoneOct 14, 2011, 6:36 pm · #1421

Thought my car broke or something as it started missing below a grand. popped the hood a found out that cylinder 2 exhaust plug was not on properly. then we drove around for a bit. 4 tire drift at 80KM.... from skinny 2 lane road - skinny 2 lane road on a 90 degree corner. I was not driving tho, my friend was. He said my new tires are pretty good, Just need to do my bushings and stiffer springs hahaha

drummingpariahOct 14, 2011, 7:10 pm · #1422

Took my time cleaning up combining two sets of headlights into one 'correct' set, sandblasted, primed and painted them, and reassembled them. They'll go back in tomorrow, and maybe I'll diagnose why the motors aren't receiving up/down signals.

decoOct 17, 2011, 6:17 am · #1423

Well not anything to the s12 persay, but I tossed a shit ton of old colt parts and re did my garage, now its ready to take her in. Should be picture time soon.

drummingpariahOct 17, 2011, 7:17 am · #1424

Air conditioning is gone, cruise control is out, and I'm a happy camper.

ProlowtoneOct 17, 2011, 8:11 am · #1425
evillaugh I fixed my stance
posted image
From this
posted image
SchizophrenicMCOct 17, 2011, 12:36 pm · #1426

Glued the trim panels back down, started fixing the driver side mirror. Thought about what to do with the wiring.

EightySix200SXOct 19, 2011, 5:07 am · #1427

charlene- BLACK BOX up front is the headlamp sensor it tells the headlight warning light to come on on the dash when one of ur headlights is out also fucks an array of things up if it goes bad...

Washed, waxed, vaccummed, polished wheels, purple powered cleaned to perfection.

I had nightmare she got stolen Sad not cool and I was searching for the car then I found it sat in it cried and  pushed the stripped shell back to my house. It was pretty vivid.

MaxpowOct 19, 2011, 10:38 am · #1428

DUDE! I had a nightmare about your car too. What a coincidence.

Not really that unique though... a lot of my nightmares involve sick cars getting fucked up. Or me flying through the air for ungodly amounts of time in the Accent.

JayOct 19, 2011, 1:06 pm · #1429

I too once had a nightmare about my S12 getting stolen. They died. The nightmare portion was me getting sued by the family for wrongful death after they killed themselves in it.

That's a nightmare

sam31183Oct 19, 2011, 3:00 pm · #1430

I just have nightmares about mine breaking down...

SchizophrenicMCOct 19, 2011, 3:18 pm · #1431

I have nightmares about mine running

Nissan86Oct 19, 2011, 4:16 pm · #1432

Well, I worked on my dash a few days ago. Replaced the whole damn thing!

Before:
posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

After:
posted image

posted image
Thanks Gus!!!

DatsmoZOct 19, 2011, 5:16 pm · #1433

Well, I worked on my dash a few days ago. Replaced the whole damn thing!

Before:
(http://hphotos-iad1.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/316326_230843540310626_100001549456753_703321_346422895_n.jpg)

(http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/296391_230843650310615_100001549456753_703323_412625117_n.jpg)

(http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/320094_230843713643942_100001549456753_703324_1399797555_n.jpg)

(http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/301426_230843803643933_100001549456753_703326_181828326_n.jpg)

After:
(http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/299289_230843903643923_100001549456753_703327_1795897277_n.jpg)

(http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/316875_230843963643917_100001549456753_703329_1255890247_n.jpg)
Thanks Gus!!!

iceagegOct 20, 2011, 9:24 am · #1434

Spent my S12 fund on a Pathfinder . . . damn Colorado winters!  Time to start saving again.

imtheguy247Oct 20, 2011, 10:29 am · #1435

Put some Epoxy Putty on my outgoing radiator hose. Seem's to have cracked and is leaking. Got a few more spots to patch but will get that done today

sam31183Oct 20, 2011, 10:45 am · #1436
iceageg on 09:24:59 AM / 20-Oct-11Spent my S12 fund on a Pathfinder . . . damn Colorado winters!  Time to start saving again.

If my tax return is big enough I might buy a patty for a daily....i have wanted one for awhile.
WonderingravenOct 20, 2011, 12:03 pm · #1437
posted image

Swapped the TPS sensor. Left is my Orriginal TPS Sensor, the right is the sensor from an KA24DE.
imtheguy247Oct 20, 2011, 12:15 pm · #1438

^ I switched mine a few weeks ago. The new sensor had no wires coming out of it like my old one did. But it seems to work so im not going to complain

WonderingravenOct 20, 2011, 12:27 pm · #1439

when I picked up the KA24DE from "jay" lol it had that sensor on it, I believe them sensors are ment for 5spd manual tranny's
the one on the left is from the vg30e OEM, in which I believe for an autotragic, I also replaced that oem with one from rock auto, which is what I have on there now. It shifts soo much better especially I got my passing gear back for the slow old guys on the highway that wont drive faster then minus 10 - 20 mph from the posted speed at 65. or the constant bottle neck at the i-15 / us 95 here in vegas at rush hour. To a point where I Squat when I hit the throttle at 45 now instead of being bogged down touching the gas.

Sean_howell1Oct 24, 2011, 2:47 pm · #1440

Installed a/f gauge, car wash, burnout, pissed neighbor off :).

silvertonOct 24, 2011, 3:24 pm · #1441
sam31183 on 11:45:43 AM / 20-Oct-11If my tax return is big enough I might buy a patty for a daily....i have wanted one for awhile.
they are pathy's ;)

iceageg on 10:24:59 AM / 20-Oct-11Spent my S12 fund on a Pathfinder . . . damn Colorado winters!  Time to start saving again.

npora.ipbhost.com if you haven't joined already! my username is the same there as it is here.
JayOct 24, 2011, 6:04 pm · #1442
Wonderingraven on 12:27:13 PM / 20-Oct-11when I picked up the KA24DE from "jay" lol it had that sensor on it, I believe them sensors are ment for 5spd manual tranny's


I see no picture, but yes. The TB I sent you was from a 5speed car.
Interesting tidbit to know though. That it won't work on an auto VG.
night_s12Oct 24, 2011, 7:46 pm · #1443

timed it today and its still a little rough but got new NGK v-power plugs and gonna get new NGK wires thatll all go in thursday. got some vids up on my thread.

drummingpariahOct 25, 2011, 5:21 pm · #1444

Freed up a frozen ebrake cable ... the opposing cable is completely broken, but holds it in place at least so one side locks up when I yank the handle hard enough. Good enough to pass safety inspection!

SchizophrenicMCOct 25, 2011, 5:28 pm · #1445

Whoo, Pariah.

I started getting this harness put back together, from the ECU, up. Then found that I'd need a precision screwdriver if I wanted to keep getting these pins out. So I'm like -__-

At least I have a plan now.

drummingpariahOct 25, 2011, 6:40 pm · #1446

I just fixed the reverse lights now. All I need now are tires and it's street legal!

Schizo, you really just need a lathe. Then NOTHING can stop you!

SchizophrenicMCOct 25, 2011, 7:59 pm · #1447

This is true. The man with a lathe is invincible.

iceagegOct 25, 2011, 8:05 pm · #1448

has a lathe. Just need the another s12 now.

WonderingravenOct 25, 2011, 9:05 pm · #1449

Ordered a new o2 sensor.  drove it to work, then to lunch, then home.

SchizophrenicMCOct 27, 2011, 7:55 pm · #1450

Soldered a bunch of wiring, got the TPS connector installed. Gettin' shit done son