Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

Colonel GustardOct 27, 2011, 8:23 pm · #1451

drove it around, installed another distributor, and got my pedobear sticker jacked

night_s12Oct 27, 2011, 11:15 pm · #1452

Fixed plug wire order and drove it around the block. My friends have dubbed it the mobile fog machine

ProlowtoneOct 27, 2011, 11:26 pm · #1453

^lol sounds like my car before i fixed the valve stem seals. I would drive at night and watch the street light disappear in my cloud of smoke.
I thought about my s12 and the parts i want to put in her :P

Colonel GustardOct 27, 2011, 11:28 pm · #1454
Prolowtone on 11:26:43 PM / 27-Oct-11
I thought about my s12 and the parts i want to put in her :P
NEW SIG!!!
SchizophrenicMCOct 27, 2011, 11:30 pm · #1455

Schizo approves

mentalxpreshunOct 28, 2011, 12:12 pm · #1456

found 3 holes blasted thru the rotor of my distributor... swapped in a newer used one and Delilah is runnin better than ever minus oil leak =) too bad my brother needs to borrow her til the end of the year, or knowing him, indefinitely... back to driving the gasguzzling whore of a Mustang =(

SlickS12Oct 28, 2011, 12:47 pm · #1457
Colonel Gustard on 11:28:45 PM / 27-Oct-11NEW SIG!!!

Have you jumped your S12 today?
imtheguy247Oct 28, 2011, 1:00 pm · #1458

Adjusted Idle, Fixed TPS, and cleaned MAF sensor. Not too much today. Been freezing lately in Colorado

Colonel GustardOct 28, 2011, 1:41 pm · #1459
SlickS12 on 12:47:20 PM / 28-Oct-11Have you jumped your S12 today?

not yet hehehe
DirtyGazeOct 28, 2011, 5:06 pm · #1460

Painted the trim on my car with "Undercoating"

......

I like it

CamInHeadOct 28, 2011, 5:26 pm · #1461

Continued putting the bitch back together. Three wheels on my wagon.

SchizophrenicMCOct 28, 2011, 7:05 pm · #1462

Cursed unintelligibly. Reinstalled the driver rear window opener.

newby200sxOct 29, 2011, 12:35 am · #1463

took it out drove it to work and went for a 1 hour ride around the dfw area i love my weekly rides, its amazing every time glad i took my time and did everything right on this one fresh car fresh start,

Installed my BC coilovers and man i finally realized pot holes are the worst lol

EightySix200SXOct 29, 2011, 7:38 am · #1464

Full led lights for tails corners markers etc...

CamInHeadOct 29, 2011, 11:29 am · #1465

mine is now a rolling chassis YAY!

SchizophrenicMCOct 29, 2011, 1:31 pm · #1466

Gave up on it.

night_s12Oct 29, 2011, 1:57 pm · #1467

^^^ you serious???!!!!

sam31183Oct 29, 2011, 2:05 pm · #1468
EightySix200SX on 07:38:02 AM / 29-Oct-11Full led lights for tails corners markers etc...


sweet! I kind of keep thinking about doing that...
WonderingravenOct 29, 2011, 2:38 pm · #1469

Replaced O2 Sensor

(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/IMAG0125.jpg)
(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/IMAG0127.jpg)

Old one was crispy due to the fact it was sitting on the exhaust, next is that it was loose, very loose. I was able to untighten it with my fingers.
So put the new one on, it even has the exhaust leak sound gone. 

drummingpariahOct 29, 2011, 3:26 pm · #1470

Decided which engine to put in it in the Spring, and drove it around the block. Everything works, getting new registration, tires, and inspection on Monday. Here's hoping the snow melts by then.

Colonel GustardOct 29, 2011, 3:34 pm · #1471

installed addco sway bar, rear end feels much tighter around turns and acceleration. i love it

night_s12Oct 29, 2011, 4:26 pm · #1472

whered u get the sway bar from?

ProlowtoneOct 29, 2011, 7:38 pm · #1473

Im sick as fuck (my eyes are even all bloodshot, my face is white), drove in rush hour traffic got home and blew the heater line off as i almost NAILED some 30 year old women who came running out of one of the townhouse doors next to mine without looking. she managed to grab the edge of the garage as i came to a stop half a foot or so past her... At this point i would have hollered at her if i hit her.  >:( >:(  >:( >:( >:(

WonderingravenOct 29, 2011, 7:57 pm · #1474

To finish the day up, New o2, new oil, new seats from the junk yard.
Full tank of gas + full bottle of sea foam. now I'm also registering gas at a full tank =D
Let a lone it feels like a completely different car now.

sam31183Oct 29, 2011, 8:05 pm · #1475

I washed it...

(http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/376341_10150894988770387_695415386_21461598_1417216776_n.jpg)

(http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/389929_10150894929035387_695415386_21461145_196740719_n.jpg)

then of course i drove it...and i bottomed it out hard going up one of my favorite roads...I keep wanting to go lower...but maybe its too low already...:/

newby200sxOct 29, 2011, 9:47 pm · #1476

ordered a new fmic from greddy cant wait!

SchizophrenicMCOct 29, 2011, 10:17 pm · #1477

^ Shoulda just asked for your old one back ;)

Seriously, I'd have given it to you.

newby200sxOct 29, 2011, 10:41 pm · #1478

ehhhhh i found a coupe super super cheap and i already had a built kae sitting around so it was easier this way ill post pics later

SchizophrenicMCOct 29, 2011, 10:47 pm · #1479

I eagerly await them.

Definitely a good idea to go KA. Lot easier to work with than a JDM CA, yeah? Sourcing parts has been a bitch lol

newby200sxOct 29, 2011, 10:59 pm · #1480

it sure was man im sorry for all that man i shoulda never sold it to you like that but its all in the past gotta move forward now

SchizophrenicMCOct 29, 2011, 11:09 pm · #1481

Yeah, I s'pose. That's my plan, now. Move on. Find something else to do. This car deserves someone more well-equipped than me. Right now, I'm just gonna focus on getting her to a new home, and paying back my aunt. Then I'll get back into the import tuner game. Thinking of going S13 or Toyota E-chassis next.

Oh well. Could be worse, I guess. I could have done what my cousin did, and bought an old Eclipse GS. Mitsubishi is Japanese for "in very bad taste" lol

/thread jack; this is about what people did with their S12s xD

sam31183Oct 30, 2011, 5:27 pm · #1482

this parked next to me at the store today....

(http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/383978_10150896973030387_695415386_21487331_1260793116_n.jpg)

it can get away with a modified exhaust because its a pick up truck...:( I get harassed, but my car falls under a 25 year law so they can suck muh ballz.

mentalxpreshunOct 30, 2011, 7:41 pm · #1483

Said Goodbye to Delilah indefinitely =(

night_s12Oct 31, 2011, 12:21 am · #1484

Sad to here man :(

mentalxpreshunOct 31, 2011, 12:29 pm · #1485

Thanks.. kinda sad too... wont be driving an s12 again til I can get Skeeter on the road... who knows how long that will take... he's got a blown head gasket on the ca20 autotrans, but planning to ditch that for a vg30 with manual trans swap... only time and money will tell =P

night_s12Oct 31, 2011, 2:52 pm · #1486

Yeah my ca20 has the same problem right now coolant all up in my oil

mentalxpreshunOct 31, 2011, 3:35 pm · #1487

^like milk chocolate haha

ProlowtoneOct 31, 2011, 4:02 pm · #1488

Been there... faulty head gasket after i refreshed the head.. so i got a new one piece felpro gasket and oil for free
(http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8794/img0199hc.jpg)
(http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/237/img0195md.jpg)

Pulled the car out and tried to jump the jeep... but the starter was seized, im in the process of pricing a new one right now (over the phone).

night_s12Oct 31, 2011, 9:13 pm · #1489

Howd u get it for free??!!!!

EightySix200SXOct 31, 2011, 10:36 pm · #1490

Rear ended a civic that cut me off :)

night_s12Oct 31, 2011, 10:39 pm · #1491

Oww dam man how bad is it?

SchizophrenicMCNov 1, 2011, 1:34 pm · #1492
EightySix200SX on 10:36:07 PM / 31-Oct-11Rear ended a civic that cut me off :)
Was that intentionally :) or was it actually -___-? I know the short version of the latter screws up lol

Personally, I'd be happy to rear-end a Civic who cut me off. xD
ProlowtoneNov 1, 2011, 1:57 pm · #1493
night_s12 on 09:13:55 PM / 31-Oct-11Howd u get it for free??!!!!
Because my I know the manager at Napa just up the road put in a claim for me since i bought my parts at his store. They usually dont because of the fact the that the parts might have been installed wrong.... but my gasket was quite obviously defective and he trusts my work
night_s12Nov 1, 2011, 2:00 pm · #1494

Well u got u good deal man

sam31183Nov 2, 2011, 2:51 am · #1495

I got the "I thought it was a De Lorean comment" today.

Jeremy ANov 2, 2011, 3:19 am · #1496
sam31183 on 02:51:52 AM / 02-Nov-11I got the "I thought it was a De Lorean comment" today.


Gahhhhh, geez,  I hope no one ever says that to me...   :cantlook:
night_s12Nov 2, 2011, 9:44 am · #1497

:/ dam inhate that. All my neighbors have said that

DirtyGazeNov 2, 2011, 10:55 am · #1498

Painted my car

From this -
(http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z448/brandonkl77/IMG_20111022_161324.jpg)

To this -
(http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z448/brandonkl77/IMG_20111030_153627.jpg)

Masked -
(http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z448/brandonkl77/IMG_20111101_102730.jpg)

And...kinda done...
(http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z448/brandonkl77/IMG_20111101_161637.jpg)

SchizophrenicMCNov 2, 2011, 1:33 pm · #1499

First day I got the car, my sister asked "is it a Delorean?" A neighbor also asked. My friend, Jennifer, thought it was at first, before she saw it closer.

They don't even look like Deloreans! xD

Colonel GustardNov 2, 2011, 2:42 pm · #1500

blue notch?!?! dayum son do work