Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

WonderingravenFeb 23, 2012, 11:54 pm · #1801

Flywheel came in.

(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/IMG_20120223_215045.jpg)

sideways_s12Feb 24, 2012, 12:11 am · #1802

bout to put oil in it before i leave work

s12Feb 24, 2012, 12:19 am · #1803

Removed all suspension today. Cleaning and powder coating and paint the engine bay soon. Found a black widow hiding in my front coilover, scary.

night_s12Feb 24, 2012, 9:41 am · #1804

Got my bushings yesterday and there energy suspension 300zx rack n pinion bushing i matched them up and there the same only $8 at autozone gonna install them today :D

sideways_s12Feb 24, 2012, 11:40 am · #1805

lol blew it up apparently....

ProlowtoneFeb 24, 2012, 12:10 pm · #1806

Really?

sideways_s12Feb 24, 2012, 1:49 pm · #1807

yeah a week before it s going into the shop for a rebuild lol

SchizophrenicMCFeb 24, 2012, 6:47 pm · #1808

Did a final check for shit I might wanna pull out and keep for posterity. I'm considering keeping the steering wheel as a memento.

VVL, if you want anything off the car, talk to me, I'll see if I can pull it, or you can come over and pull it before I send it to the scrap yard tomorrow.

WonderingravenFeb 24, 2012, 10:58 pm · #1809

Las Vegas, NV, United States    02/24/2012    3:00 A.M.    Adverse weather conditions.  Meh =(
still waiting for Clutch to show up!

ProlowtoneFeb 25, 2012, 6:16 am · #1810

I killed my cars battery after the car meet and had to push start it myself on a wooden pier in the rain FML took 5 attempts and 2 near face plants
http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/594/tq9.mp4/ (http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/594/tq9.mp4/)

Sean_howell1Feb 25, 2012, 10:40 am · #1811

^^ lmao sounds like fun. looked really dark.

sideways_s12Feb 25, 2012, 11:23 am · #1812

damn that sux lol but have been there

ProlowtoneFeb 25, 2012, 2:51 pm · #1813

Was dark, wet, pissing rain and slick. Every time i popped the clutch my tires would screech and slide lol. oh well, it could have been worse, one of the guys i met there lost his wallet later that night with some cash and all his cards

Slip n SlideFeb 26, 2012, 7:10 pm · #1814

About a week ago Anthony and I went to  Pull a Part and got a bunch of intake stuff from other cars.

Today he and his cousin came over to help diagnose my car. While they were here we made this:

(http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l592/Deflecto/IMG_0913.jpg)

Aaaaand I also took apart my passenger headlight because all the metal bits were rusted and bent. Rigged it all back together and now, Presto! No more lazy eye headlight! :D

I_heart_VVLFeb 26, 2012, 7:39 pm · #1815
SchizophrenicMC on 06:47:43 PM / 24-Feb-12Did a final check for shit I might wanna pull out and keep for posterity. I'm considering keeping the steering wheel as a memento.

VVL, if you want anything off the car, talk to me, I'll see if I can pull it, or you can come over and pull it before I send it to the scrap yard tomorrow.
holy shit i didnt even see this hahah.
i was looking for a MK1 front grille garnish thingy, since thats the last piece of the puzzle needed to put it back together but oh well.
thanks anyway dude! sad to see another one bite the dust :(
SchizophrenicMCFeb 26, 2012, 8:28 pm · #1816

I actually have a MkI grille in the back of the car. I'll pull it out tomorrow, before I get rid of it. I ended up being too busy to scrap it this weekend.

Soon as I get the FC running again, I'll bring that grille your way.

WonderingravenFeb 26, 2012, 8:38 pm · #1817

Bought a thermostat, and wasted my day with my damn firebird and it's issue with the autotragic 4L60E, GM I sware has to be difficult.
Gave up completely with any more automatics. Decided to make the firebird my pro-am car and my s12 my street car =)

sideways_s12Feb 26, 2012, 8:43 pm · #1818
SchizophrenicMC on 08:28:56 PM / 26-Feb-12I actually have a MkI grille in the back of the car. I'll pull it out tomorrow, before I get rid of it. I ended up being too busy to scrap it this weekend.

Soon as I get the FC running again, I'll bring that grille your way.

Told you unreliable lol
I_heart_VVLFeb 26, 2012, 10:07 pm · #1819

lol^
i meant the garnish underneath the grille since the MK2 one bulges out and the MK1 grille has tabs that are spaced differently

today i went back and started her up again, noticed a pretty fucking awesome coolant leak too, but just didnt have enough fucks to give. I need to fix the paint around the gas cap since i ended up just prying it open with a screwdriver. Some registration would be cool too, along with yet ANOTHER MAF.
fuck this car.

SchizophrenicMCFeb 26, 2012, 10:30 pm · #1820
sideways_s12 on 08:43:40 PM / 26-Feb-12Told you unreliable lol
Or it could be that it's 26 years old and no one ever bothered to lubricate the differential so it fucking locked up like any unlubed diff would do, while I was driving, and the fucking thing spun out. Actually, the engine is working just fine, and it's probably even drivable if I get it a new battery, but fuck it.

And I have one of those, too, VVL. From the same car I pulled the grille from. I'll pull 'em both out because why not.
sideways_s12Feb 26, 2012, 10:47 pm · #1821
SchizophrenicMC on 10:30:38 PM / 26-Feb-12Or it could be that it's 26 years old and no one ever bothered to lubricate the differential so it fucking locked up like any unlubed diff would do, while I was driving, and the fucking thing spun out. Actually, the engine is working just fine, and it's probably even drivable if I get it a new battery, but fuck it.

And I have one of those, too, VVL. From the same car I pulled the grille from. I'll pull 'em both out because why not.


I know bro I'm just fucking with you.....
ProlowtoneFeb 27, 2012, 4:57 am · #1822

I accidentally jumped it :D pretty good air too as i hit it doing 90km, then went back and did it 2 more times. I recorded the third time at 70 and still got off the ground :PML:

I_heart_VVLFeb 27, 2012, 11:21 am · #1823
SchizophrenicMC on 10:30:38 PM / 26-Feb-12Or it could be that it's 26 years old and no one ever bothered to lubricate the differential so it fucking locked up like any unlubed diff would do, while I was driving, and the fucking thing spun out. Actually, the engine is working just fine, and it's probably even drivable if I get it a new battery, but fuck it.

And I have one of those, too, VVL. From the same car I pulled the grille from. I'll pull 'em both out because why not.
haha sweet! pm me your address and how much for them and ill come by and snatch em up sometime this week(end).
Slip n SlideFeb 28, 2012, 10:43 pm · #1824

Lots of things! Some good, some... not so much.

I wanted to try and get the bitch running, but I've been so frustrated with it lately, I decided to just do some fun bullshit stuff instead.

JayFeb 28, 2012, 10:47 pm · #1825

Stared at it menacingly with some extra vigor.

Sean_howell1Feb 29, 2012, 8:43 am · #1826

took off the alternator, got it tested. It tested good. Bought a battery, its sitting in my room next to alternator and other parts to be installed.

AthensFeb 29, 2012, 9:26 pm · #1827

I looked at it under the tarp in the rain, lamenting how I forgot to put the window up before I removed the battery and pulled the motor.

JordanFeb 29, 2012, 10:25 pm · #1828

Drove the new hatch to work for the third day in a row, hasn't let me down yet!

night_s12Mar 1, 2012, 1:32 am · #1829
Jordan on 10:25:45 PM / 29-Feb-12Drove the new hatch to work for the third day in a row, hasn't let me down yet!
Right on. I just drove mine 1100miles from west palm florida to marion illinois haha
d_k_jose_s12Mar 1, 2012, 8:41 am · #1830

How did the trip go?? 1100 miles sounds like hella fun

night_s12Mar 1, 2012, 11:27 am · #1831

Went fine just super long and tiring lol

Sean_howell1Mar 1, 2012, 11:54 am · #1832

Wahoo ur close to me now! :)

night_s12Mar 1, 2012, 12:51 pm · #1833

Lol yup! How far are you?

JayMar 1, 2012, 12:54 pm · #1834

That's about a 2 hour drive IIRC, StL to Marion.

night_s12Mar 1, 2012, 12:55 pm · #1835

Lol dam i just looked it up your only about two hours northwest of me. From u youd take i64  to i57 and it takes you right to my town lol


Post Merge: 12:57:18 PM / 01-Mar-12
Yup lol dam wen it tells me a post was added i really need to look befor i just post anyway instead of looking like a retard lol
Sean_howell1Mar 1, 2012, 1:56 pm · #1836

lol ya but i would go south on 55 over right past St gen.  My gf asked why did you move Il from florida lol.

CamInHeadMar 1, 2012, 3:23 pm · #1837

Painted my sills ("rocker" ?) panels. Done with rattlecans but looks awesome. Finally got rid of the horrible factory "tide mark".

night_s12Mar 1, 2012, 3:33 pm · #1838

Eh had a dead end job and nowhere to live really so i came here to my sisters

Sean_howell1Mar 1, 2012, 3:41 pm · #1839

If you think its warm and comfy now, tomorrow will be like 15 degrees then like 85 Saturday. Welcome to the Midwest. :)

night_s12Mar 1, 2012, 4:07 pm · #1840

Lol im used to i lived in maine for a while and was born in mass. We should meet up some time

WonderingravenMar 1, 2012, 6:54 pm · #1841

Finally, after all day running back and forth to the Oriely's I got the tools I needed.
(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/IMG_20120301_152512.jpg)
(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/IMG_20120301_152518.jpg)

Ops
(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/IMG_20120301_152532.jpg)

JuneBugMar 1, 2012, 7:19 pm · #1842

Does that pulley have all ribbed pulleys on it or are the front two v-belt and the rear most ribbed?

night_s12Mar 1, 2012, 10:30 pm · #1843

Had a kid ask me where i got it and if id sell it while i was getting gas at PILOT

D-sport S12Mar 1, 2012, 10:38 pm · #1844

slammed the front, super dumped. Had to see how low the coilovers went

night_s12Mar 1, 2012, 11:11 pm · #1845

^^pic?

D-sport S12Mar 2, 2012, 12:11 am · #1846

With no engine and no compression on it

(http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/421240_10150702201436210_599531209_11659268_1484425067_n.jpg)

oshag03Mar 2, 2012, 12:35 am · #1847
night_s12 on 01:32:06 AM / 01-Mar-12Right on. I just drove mine 1100miles from west palm florida to marion illinois haha

Told ya man that VG is strong as shit lol wont fail you that's why I replaced the timing belt right when I got it. Enjoy her she needs TLC and Im glad a club member took over the reigns.
sideways_s12Mar 2, 2012, 2:23 am · #1848

Looked at her....

night_s12Mar 2, 2012, 11:17 am · #1849
oshag03 on 12:35:12 AM / 02-Mar-12Told ya man that VG is strong as shit lol wont fail you that's why I replaced the timing belt right when I got it. Enjoy her she needs TLC and Im glad a club member took over the reigns.
Yeah man she's a champ
d_k_jose_s12Mar 2, 2012, 12:55 pm · #1850

I want an SE I might just have to steal yours night=p