Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

anthony92stevensFeb 7, 2012, 8:24 pm · #1751

Just took pics....

(http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh489/anthony92stevens/S12%20group%20pics/Photo-0193.jpg)

(http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh489/anthony92stevens/S12%20group%20pics/Photo-0194.jpg)

Slip n SlideFeb 7, 2012, 8:26 pm · #1752

^ I hear that red car is a piece of shit.  :grinwink:

Edit: on topic, my car's alarm went off for about 2 hours today while I wasn't home. :/

anthony92stevensFeb 9, 2012, 12:10 pm · #1753

Changed the valve cover gasket, gave me a chance to check to condition of the valve train.
Wish Nissan would have made the cover bolts 10mm with a Phillips option, not just a Phillips head screw.
Phillips heads get worn out after about 27 years. Haha

(http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh489/anthony92stevens/84%20SRA%20Hatch%20Engine%20Bay/Photo-0203.jpg)

WonderingravenFeb 11, 2012, 12:52 pm · #1754

I ran 3 times at midnight mayham at las vegas motor speed way last night till my buddy wanted to go...
purchasing an 5spd c trans from an sr20

sam31183Feb 11, 2012, 6:10 pm · #1755

Had a bearing/spindle crit fail and lost half a spindle.

 (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/sam31183/IMAG0001.jpg)

sideways_s12Feb 11, 2012, 7:13 pm · #1756

ordered my mishimoto fans with fan shroud for the rad i got......

TobbethedudeFeb 12, 2012, 11:18 am · #1757

Got my brakes back from powder coating
(http://www.oijoij-hd.com/images/tB0yp.jpg)

night_s12Feb 12, 2012, 12:33 pm · #1758

Dam lookin good! Wat are the two piston ones from?

d_k_jose_s12Feb 12, 2012, 1:23 pm · #1759

Rear z32/r32 calipers

ProlowtoneFeb 12, 2012, 7:30 pm · #1760

Was starting to rain as i was turning left after through an intersection after the light turned green. Intersection is odd.. has a high spot for railroad tracks then leans downhill to the right and flattens out.... im guessing there was alot of oil there as i slid on the railroad tracks caught the back and recovered then the ass came around about 40 degress or so and i held it and straightened out..... I hate skinny snow tires :Grrrrr: Kinda sketchy as it is a busy 4 lane road

Sean_howell1Feb 12, 2012, 8:05 pm · #1761

^^ meh just say you meant to do that.

ProlowtoneFeb 12, 2012, 9:02 pm · #1762

I didnt tho.. Rush hour on a 4 lane road leaving my friends shop... Im not an idiot, I was only doing 30ish

Cant wait till its time to put on my summer tires :(

sideways_s12Feb 12, 2012, 9:46 pm · #1763

try having slick roads everywhere when it rains because of the oil left behind by people now weld diff and make a 5 mph u turn you'll have loads of fun lol

ProlowtoneFeb 12, 2012, 10:33 pm · #1764

Lol like curbed rims  :straight:

seishukuFeb 12, 2012, 10:35 pm · #1765
sideways_s12 on 09:46:33 PM / 12-Feb-12try having slick roads everywhere when it rains because of the oil left behind by people now weld diff and make a 5 mph u turn you'll have loads of fun lol
I've done one of those tight u-turns before out there, I think it would be fun as hell with a welded diff!
Not when a cop is around though. :lol:
sideways_s12Feb 12, 2012, 10:48 pm · #1766

not when you have mcdonlads in the car with 2 large drinks and no cup holders lol


Post Merge: 10:48:42 PM / 12-Feb-12
Prolowtone on 10:33:07 PM / 12-Feb-12Lol like curbed rims  :straight:

Yes but that's not how i curbed mine if you were referring to me lol
ProlowtoneFeb 12, 2012, 11:00 pm · #1767

lol not referring to you but to a friends personal experience LMAO.. Tho your welded diff helped your situation a lil bit

WonderingravenFeb 13, 2012, 12:02 am · #1768

Filled it up full of 91 Gas (overkill maybe?)  Checked fluids.

sideways_s12Feb 13, 2012, 4:38 pm · #1769
Prolowtone on 11:00:49 PM / 12-Feb-12lol not referring to you but to a friends personal experience LMAO.. Tho your welded diff helped your situation a lil bit

lol yes it did .....still not bad i dd it everyday....
ProlowtoneFeb 14, 2012, 5:57 pm · #1770

I got woken up at 1230am last night by my friend who was broken down in Richmond, so i packed up my car and hauled ass out there. I got out there got in his car and turned the key and it fired right up.......... He just looked at me so i hugged him and said he is lucky hes a good friend lol. We went and got something to drink then i followed him home on the highway. he pulled over with his 4ways on saying the car is acting funny so i push on his spark plug wires at the distributor and everything seemed good, I diidnt get home till 4am. He just called me at 2 to say the car is not starting properly again :( he left me the keys and said i cant take a look at it if i want or wait till he gets home at 12

sideways_s12Feb 14, 2012, 7:45 pm · #1771

Installed spings and perches car sits higher now in the rear I don't like it but have no choice but to deal with it till i get my fenders rolled and new tires...

Shark808Feb 16, 2012, 9:22 pm · #1772

Once again my SE displays reliability. On Wednesday it was Chinatown. Thursday was Makaha Beach.  Makaha stay hot, ran da A/C.  The SE handled Town & Country.  Go Big V6 Go!
 
Chinatown:
(http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j479/SuperB808/China_Town.jpg)
 
Makaha Beach:
(http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j479/SuperB808/Makaha.jpg)

sideways_s12Feb 16, 2012, 9:23 pm · #1773

my stater went Again lame so i ordered a new should be here tomorrow or sat.....

86foreverFeb 17, 2012, 1:57 am · #1774

yeah my starter when dead also :-(

night_s12Feb 17, 2012, 2:57 am · #1775

Picked up my new SE and drover her 300miles home from the west side of florida. No power steering old cracked tires and bad rack&pinion but she handled it like a fuckin champ

d_k_jose_s12Feb 17, 2012, 8:21 am · #1776

Like a boss... put up some pics if the new ride

night_s12Feb 17, 2012, 1:26 pm · #1777

I would if i could but i dont know how to do that on my phone. No access to internet right now

Sean_howell1Feb 17, 2012, 2:42 pm · #1778

usb, or bluetooth to something that takes usb, or sim car to something that has usb. lol i ghetto do things alot.

night_s12Feb 17, 2012, 5:03 pm · #1779

Actually tonight ill post some if i can i think i got a way. I knew i got a "smart" phone for a reason

d_k_jose_s12Feb 17, 2012, 5:06 pm · #1780

Lol I love my phone I do everythinh from it since I'm 2 cheap to get a computer and pay for internet service

night_s12Feb 17, 2012, 6:15 pm · #1781

Lol same here and im always on here which kills my data lol

sideways_s12Feb 17, 2012, 9:48 pm · #1782

installed to reman starter to have it not have it work

ProlowtoneFeb 20, 2012, 2:58 am · #1783

Drove to the store, got some food and came home. Hopped on Revscene.net and am now trolling the user Some punk. He is making it easy by quoting me and others and saying things that have nothing to do with the quote :/

Jeremy AFeb 20, 2012, 3:01 am · #1784

Link bro!  C'mon now.

ProlowtoneFeb 20, 2012, 6:26 am · #1785

Read Post #520 on, http://www.revscene.net/forums/654752-shitty-dangerous-drivers-thread-21.html (http://www.revscene.net/forums/654752-shitty-dangerous-drivers-thread-21.html)

Only got one response :( Hope he chimes in again before i go to my Motorhead and Megadeath concert tomorrow, Private bar! WHOOHOO, but i think i am going to drive everyone so not so much whoohoo ....

WonderingravenFeb 20, 2012, 11:02 am · #1786

Ordered Clutch, Flywheel, Shifter. Prepping for next week 5spd swap.

ProlowtoneFeb 21, 2012, 5:06 am · #1787

2 responses and he quite trying to win :( oh well. Drove the car out for coffee after the concert, had 2 cops in the Tim Hortons point at my car and watch me leave on my way home. I always see them there and they finally noticed my car

sideways_s12Feb 21, 2012, 2:44 pm · #1788

Just finished installing my rebuilt starter....

night_s12Feb 21, 2012, 6:49 pm · #1789

Drove around got new tires and ordered some rack n pinion bushing that hopfully will fit

sideways_s12Feb 21, 2012, 6:51 pm · #1790

lol I will be getting new tires tomorrow.....

sideways_s12Feb 22, 2012, 9:31 pm · #1791

NEW TIRES!!!! FTMFW!!!!!

Colonel GustardFeb 22, 2012, 9:35 pm · #1792

^^^ FUCK YEAH!!!!

sideways_s12Feb 22, 2012, 9:42 pm · #1793

yay no more pulling to the left lol

WonderingravenFeb 22, 2012, 11:50 pm · #1794

Somehow my car ate all my coolant and replaced it with water... go figure? lol so I'm going to trick the coolant turning into water gremlins with some water wetter and see if that helps any.

Got my short throw shifter in

BoostedVGFeb 23, 2012, 9:15 am · #1795

I worked on my top secret bla be bla bla bla for a little. Then ate a sandwich. Then worked on it some more.

ProlowtoneFeb 23, 2012, 12:22 pm · #1796

Drove all over the lower mainland. I was laying in the passenger side of my car looking at the back of my deck trying to fix a problem with my sub not working When i had someone walk up to the car and start giving me compliments on how nice it looks. I pulled my head out from under the dash and made some small talk with the guy untill he said, You dont recognize me.... You bought the car from me! LOL.

 I showed him everything i had done to the car and explained the engine problems i had fixed and he told me that he had the motor rebuilt by someone about 2 years before i bought the car. It was not used much as it was ment to go back and forth to school but his son barely used it, so he drove it around. He told me he stills misses this fun little car and he enjoyed it more them the civic they drive around now, I got the feeling he wants it back :D

1984 s-12Feb 23, 2012, 12:25 pm · #1797

Put a new Belt, full tank of gas, and was asked if the car was a starion.

SchizophrenicMCFeb 23, 2012, 5:53 pm · #1798

Broke the steering column, so I could move it out of the driveway, to park the FC behind it. Then put it back in the driveway and let Justin cut the exhaust tip off so he could use it for his car. I'm done, I'm not even trying to sell this thing anymore. Tomorrow, I'm calling a scrap yard.

JayFeb 23, 2012, 6:01 pm · #1799

Broke the steering column? It's a 35 second drill job to remove the lock cylinder.

I_heart_VVLFeb 23, 2012, 10:54 pm · #1800

Tore out the interior to get the gas cap open, found lots of mid 90s gum and taco bell hot sauce, vaccumed the shit out of it, and semi put it back together.
gonna finish tomorrow and take some pics, and fill her up again. Maybe wash it? i dunno.