Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

Colonel GustardJan 31, 2011, 3:43 pm · #251

A trans came in the 87-89 turbo z31's, shorter gears 1-3, and 4-5 are taller, better for quick accel on the low end and great gas mileage on the top end

newby200sxJan 31, 2011, 4:20 pm · #252

Got my exhaust made today 80$ catback 2 inches. Chrome tips.

(http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt354/ANDRESPEREIRA/IMG_20110131_161012.jpg)

JonBJan 31, 2011, 4:23 pm · #253

It's like boso style - I like!

s12beast87Jan 31, 2011, 5:22 pm · #254

mini-bosozuku!  :PP

DeezusFeb 1, 2011, 6:24 am · #255

rararara Awesome hahaha, i took a tail pipe from my buddies saleen and put it on my s12 and made an awesome bozo pipe, but it blocked my tail light haha

newby200sxFeb 1, 2011, 10:40 am · #256

Lol guys what's bozo mean?

sam31183Feb 1, 2011, 8:09 pm · #257

I drove my car some...washed it...then drove my brothers miata....powerband is sooo different from the ka...also, with an lsd there was no one tire fire...i think coupled with the cars light weight he would beat me in a 0 - 60...but i think the s12 would start to pull back on the miata again eventually...

EightySix200SXFeb 1, 2011, 10:12 pm · #258

dude 4.11 with ca18et turbo trans and a ka. thats spinning rev's!!!

JonBFeb 1, 2011, 10:36 pm · #259

If I remember correctly the CA18 trans is taller than the CA20, but not as tall as the KA24's. I think the KAs had 4.08 out back.

Boso is like Jap ganster or somthing. Bosozuku

backwoodsbuilderFeb 1, 2011, 10:59 pm · #260
sam31183 on 08:09:24 PM / 01-Feb-11I drove my car some...washed it...then drove my brothers miata....powerband is sooo different from the ka...also, with an lsd there was no one tire fire...i think coupled with the cars light weight he would beat me in a 0 - 60...but i think the s12 would start to pull back on the miata again eventually...

i think this miata has a way diff power band lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxdXrxMOT9g
sam31183Feb 1, 2011, 11:48 pm · #261

Woot @ 4x4 Miata.

backwoodsbuilderFeb 2, 2011, 12:04 am · #262

lol

MaxpowFeb 2, 2011, 12:25 am · #263

Another 300+ miles today. Oil change in about an hour.

seishukuFeb 2, 2011, 3:29 pm · #264

bousouzoku
    (n) club of rabble-rousing reckless-driving delinquents; biker gang; group of hot rodders

sam31183Feb 2, 2011, 3:52 pm · #265

i went to subway...eat it!

(http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs265.snc6/179376_10150381024050387_695415386_17070470_1708116_n.jpg)

Made in the shade. Backfiring in the sun. Sliding in the rain. Haiku?

JonBFeb 2, 2011, 4:36 pm · #266

Finally got a reply from KAAZ on a rebuild kit for a diff. Don't know that I need one yet, but $355 and three weeks to get here from japan.

Thinking about writhing the guy who sold me the diff (or is selling because it hasn't arrived yet) and asking if he had to add an LSD frition promoter when he ran Mobil 1. Now that I think of it, your no t supposed to use synthetics in LSDs. Are all Mobile 1s synthetics? Watch it be all jacked up.

Side note, not S12 related; Looks like a found a set of rear knuckles for my Firebird. 70's Trans Am, meet independant rear suspension. Guess I better freshen up my trig; How! Me SohCahToa - pretty bad huh?

vegasS12Feb 2, 2011, 4:41 pm · #267

which diff is you talking about man?

JonBFeb 2, 2011, 4:53 pm · #268

KAAZ SBN2655 1.5 way for the S12 R200. I'm just street driving here. I'd like to get a 2-way and drift, but I'm near broke, therefore, I can't break my S12 drifting - sigh.

Wish my Ford 8.8s had pressure rings and that many clutches - Oh well, can't win them all....Wait!- who am I kidding, I wouldn't spend $800 to $1200 for that diff either. The car would be done 2031 with those prices.

sideways_s12Feb 2, 2011, 5:33 pm · #269

Hahaha!

I stared at mine blankly....

Phisherman09Feb 2, 2011, 6:19 pm · #270

:no:

(http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d162/Phisherman09/2011-02-02_16-44-25_175.jpg)

(http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d162/Phisherman09/2011-02-02_16-44-33_79.jpg)

sideways_s12Feb 2, 2011, 8:22 pm · #271

Niiiiiiiiice!

MaxpowFeb 2, 2011, 10:32 pm · #272

Oil change, yard runs, 500 more miles, blew a tire on the freeway, excitement.

Colonel GustardFeb 2, 2011, 10:48 pm · #273

oh shit, blew a tire? come get the ones i have in my garage on saturday buddy, you can have em, ill even finish painting them black for ya

MaxpowFeb 2, 2011, 10:55 pm · #274

Awesome thanks man.

Colonel GustardFeb 2, 2011, 10:57 pm · #275

thats how i roll, sure hope the one that blew wasnt the one you bought from me. or was it the high performance low tread gliding tire for better gas mileage?

JonBFeb 2, 2011, 10:58 pm · #276

Your painting tires black? I usually paint mine body color.

Colonel GustardFeb 2, 2011, 10:59 pm · #277

its stock SE wheels that i have in the garage just chillin', theyre all sorts of colors and since i have left over glossy black vinyl paint ill just throw some of that on there lol, looks pretty good for spray paint if i do say so myslf

Wolf DilworthFeb 3, 2011, 12:00 am · #278
backwoodsbuilder on 10:59:44 PM / 01-Feb-11i think this miata has a way diff power band lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxdXrxMOT9g


Yeah, too funny...

Here is a fun little Miata: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG7TUVjfcb0

...And this fucker has his priorities all fucked up. I was more wanting to see the blond in the heels, screw Godzilla.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7qPC6atX7Q&feature=related
tuhsty s-12Feb 3, 2011, 10:52 pm · #279
Phisherman09 on 06:19:50 PM / 02-Feb-11 :no:

(http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d162/Phisherman09/2011-02-02_16-44-25_175.jpg)

(http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d162/Phisherman09/2011-02-02_16-44-33_79.jpg)

WWWOOOOOT WOOOOOOT!!!

i bought this for my s12 today

(http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k435/tuhsty/IMG00229-20110122-2027.jpg)

(http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k435/tuhsty/IMG00230-20110122-2027.jpg)

viscous lsd, 4.3 final drive from r33 gtst auto
newby200sxFeb 3, 2011, 11:14 pm · #280

Went outside turned on the ol s12 turned over like a champ sputtered a bit than like new sounds great with my exhaust. :)

heithFeb 4, 2011, 12:33 am · #281

went to install my oil filter relocation kit but messed it up

Wolf DilworthFeb 4, 2011, 12:36 am · #282
tuhsty s-12 on 10:52:02 PM / 03-Feb-11viscous lsd, 4.3 final drive from r33 gtst auto

Are ya going to figure out how to mount that up or are you going to try and use the guts in your OE pumpkin?  I don't think you can swap to a non-VLSD ring gear since it cups the ring gear...

I  am not 100% positive, so don't let me stop ya. I have not fucked around with any Nissan Diffs, just the German stuff. Good luck.
MaxpowFeb 4, 2011, 5:26 am · #283

Crashed the squirrely drifter today. Totaled the shit out of it. Its now officially a beater/junkyard runner, its track days are probably toast. I might be able to bend it back and fix it but its pretty fucked.

For now it looks hella frush. Check the build thread ;)

(http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/maxpow99/6-1.jpg)
(http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/maxpow99/5-1.jpg)
(http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/maxpow99/4-1.jpg)
(http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/maxpow99/3-1.jpg)
(http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/maxpow99/2.jpg)

Sweet.

86foreverFeb 4, 2011, 10:48 am · #284
Maxpow on 05:26:02 AM / 04-Feb-11Crashed the squirrely drifter today. Totaled the shit out of it. Its now officially a beater/junkyard runner, its track days are probably toast. I might be able to bend it back and fix it but its pretty fucked.

For now it looks hella frush. Check the build thread ;)

(http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/maxpow99/6-1.jpg)
(http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/maxpow99/5-1.jpg)
(http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/maxpow99/4-1.jpg)
(http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/maxpow99/3-1.jpg)
(http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/maxpow99/2.jpg)

Sweet.
oh man that suck ass dawg.
hey if you need any help to fix it hit me up dawg!
heithFeb 4, 2011, 6:20 pm · #285

got over 100 liters of free AV 100 gas from work but my 200 doesnt run its a cruel world

EightySix200SXFeb 4, 2011, 8:10 pm · #286

(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/EightySix200SX/ka24swap/IMAG0085.jpg)

JonBFeb 4, 2011, 8:25 pm · #287
Wolf Dilworth on 12:36:04 AM / 04-Feb-11Are ya going to figure out how to mount that up or are you going to try and use the guts in your OE pumpkin?  I don't think you can swap to a non-VLSD ring gear since it cups the ring gear...

I  am not 100% positive, so don't let me stop ya. I have not fucked around with any Nissan Diffs, just the German stuff. Good luck.

The center section will go in the long nose, but the ring and pinion won't work; pinion to short - no known solution.  Some rings are 10mm bolts, others 12mm; for the most part - both rings fit both diffs with little mod.

Needs to find 6-bolt VLSD stubs - best bet. I did custom stub, not doing that again. Worked for a while, but when that while is up; not worth the headache of doing it again in my opinion. In my case custom axle bits made for difficult diognosis of problems - lengthy cures.

One can maybe try to mount entire short nose (which sounds like the plan to get the steep gears); longer driveshaft, and rear suspension sub needs supported in another location - short nose doesn't offer the suspension support capability of the long -remeber four big bolts with no bushings on diff; they support the rear suspension. One can try subframe connectors welded to the rear subframe thingy and support it forward, or braces that run from the subframe of the uni-body rear of diff and support it to the back.

Also maybe do a whole later S suspension swap.

Inquireing minds Tuhsty - Whatcha doin?
tuhsty s-12Feb 4, 2011, 10:09 pm · #288

lol.. i run a full s13 rear end guys.. diff= bolt in affair

JonBFeb 4, 2011, 10:19 pm · #289

cool!

Got a build thread Tuhsty?

newby200sxFeb 4, 2011, 10:35 pm · #290

Got in the 200 this morning and noticed my little clock didnt work!!!! Wtf do I do lol

ProlowtoneFeb 5, 2011, 12:36 am · #291

^ Check your fuses??

Wolf DilworthFeb 5, 2011, 12:48 am · #292

Stick a screwdriver in the left side and pry out the clock, then...

(http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx158/wingnut510/Misc%20Shtuff/SteroStolen.jpg)


Post Merge: 12:50:54 AM / 05-Feb-11
JonB on 08:25:25 PM / 04-Feb-11The center section will go in the long nose, but the ring and pinion won't work; pinion to short

Uh, that much I knew...
newby200sxFeb 5, 2011, 10:54 am · #293

I was being sarcastic lol but that stereo hmmmmm seems like a good idea lol

DeezusFeb 5, 2011, 1:17 pm · #294

Put it on cinder blocks to prep for coilovers.

Enjoyed my 240.

tuhsty s-12Feb 5, 2011, 11:08 pm · #295

yaw guys check out tuhsty's sr20de+t build in the build section..... not much details on the s13 rear swap.. but there are a few pics

sam31183Feb 6, 2011, 1:12 am · #296

so i got off work and i was warming up my car in the parking lot. A stater drove by and pulled someone over just up the street from me. I played on my phone for a second and then went down the road towards the stater right. I went by him pretty slow with my revs down fairly low and he then pulled me over. Walked up to my window and told me he pulled me over for a modified exhaust. He asks for my papers and then asks me if i race. I told him I autox down at the port of ilwaco and he then asks if thats like drifting. I tell him wtf autox is and then he asks if thats why i stripped out my interior. I told him I bought the car with the interior stripped and that the car is 25 years old so the interiors for these cars are all falling apart and rotted out...he then let me go. I think when he realized how old my car was that i could legally get away with whatever fucking exhaust i want on my 25 year old pile of crap.

ProlowtoneFeb 6, 2011, 2:15 am · #297

^ Win. Me and my friend got bitched out by some cop when we were driving His ae86. said we had a modded exhaust and aftermarket fogs and he was going to give us a VI, we both laughed in his face and told him to look at the exhaust (we ripped off the megan racing one on a curb the night before), he grumbled walk to the back of the car and scene this little pipe that i could almost plug with my thumb. I think he was embarrassed and let us go hahaha.

I put a new rad in my jeep today, reorganized and swept my entire garage. Now doing the brakes on the truck, Oil change in the morning, air care on monday. Then my s 12 gets a day of running around with a permit, then into my garage to get the motor swapped and the suspension tweaked to my liking. also take care of any rust i find....

sam31183Feb 6, 2011, 3:23 am · #298

He didn't say anything about my foggies. I think he was just checking for the pot and the booze.

JonBFeb 6, 2011, 9:02 am · #299

Yea yea. Your a buch of hoodlum street racers. Terrorizing old ladies and such. We know about your type. The only thing to do, to make the world safe, is make you all drive Kia Souls and Scion XBs - Just think of the stereo you could fit in there.

sam31183Feb 6, 2011, 1:40 pm · #300

but i am not a giant walking talking hamster...:/