Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Project: Resurrection.

Started by sideways_s12 · Feb 22, 2010 · 676postsSMF 2010–26

sideways_s12Feb 13, 2011, 7:09 pm · #201

Lol

sideways_s12Feb 15, 2011, 1:06 pm · #202

Ok going to dyno my car in semi stock form on Friday (tubular mani and 3 inch exhaust) just to see what I'm puttin down... so expect a vid by the end of the week like sat haha...

vegasS12Feb 15, 2011, 2:44 pm · #203

woot!

ProlowtoneFeb 15, 2011, 11:41 pm · #204

sweet!

IggyEGuanaFeb 16, 2011, 1:34 am · #205

i predict 203whp

Jeremy AFeb 16, 2011, 1:38 am · #206

197

IggyEGuanaFeb 16, 2011, 2:06 am · #207

stock rating at the crank is ~175 btw.  he is running stock turbo on stock boost with stock fueling and management.  only mods are like he said tubular exhaust manifold, full 3" exhaust, and a cone filter.  realisticly we will se about 170 at the wheels. maybe less.  imo he should do a stock boost pull.  then add a MBC and do a 2 12psi pulls.  the dyno has a wideband in use so no worry of leaning without seeing it coming first.  George has his eye on the afr the whole time

Jeremy AFeb 16, 2011, 2:14 am · #208

Ohhhhh,  that makes sense.    So you think maybe 200 at 12psi?  And where and how does the dyno obtain the readings from the engine to give an air/fuel ratio?  What kind of dyno would that be considered?

IggyEGuanaFeb 16, 2011, 2:23 am · #209

hopefully.  I made 202whp on 12psi with a similar setup except i had a T25G instead of the stock T25.  But i was also running the incorrect ecu which made the car run very poorly with shitty fueling and timing.  i had a old school AFC on there and it barely made it able to hald an AFR but then the stock feal pump couldnt keep up in the top end so i leaned out before i got a full pull.  we will see how jasons does but on 12psi i'm hoping for 201 or more.  he could go 14psi just on the dyno cuz his AFR will be monitored but without the ability to adjust his fueling right now he wont be able to do anything about it if it goes lean and he only gets 3 pulls on the dyno.

ProlowtoneFeb 16, 2011, 2:39 am · #210

That makes me wonder what i would dyno with my CA18DET. comes with piping pro intake, Blitz boost controller. Making a down payment on it tomorrow :P. Already have 50 Trim turbo, tubular header,Mega Squirt, Wide band controller, Aeromotive FPR, Walbro 225lph pump. Just need dual spray injectors if they are not already on my motor.

sideways_s12Feb 16, 2011, 2:47 pm · #211

It feels pretty stout for it to only be 170 but I haven't really done anything to increase the power so.... I'm hoping for the best. Need to find that boost controller you made.


Post Merge: 10:11:16 PM / 16-Feb-11
This is fuckin awesome I sprung another exhaust leak was on the freeway and and shifted gears and boom exhaust leak UGH WTF!! This shit is wack
IggyEGuanaFeb 17, 2011, 1:58 am · #212

b4 or after the turbo?

IggyEGuanaFeb 17, 2011, 2:42 pm · #213

handle bizniz

Jeremy AFeb 19, 2011, 2:06 am · #214

Awww, that sucks Jason!  What is the technical reason behind an exhaust leak just popping in like that?

sideways_s12Feb 19, 2011, 2:25 pm · #215

I blew a chunk of the manifold out 2 cracks in it intersected.

Ok I went and dynoed my car last night and pulled down 157hp and 153tq in stock form all I had was 3 inch exhaust had to swap back to the stock manifold since the tubular took a shit on me.....I will post up the vid of it along with the dyno sheet as soon as I get a chance.


Post Merge: 11:28:18 AM / 20-Feb-11
Ok found my boost controller and installed it 15psi fells awesome on the car even though its out of the effeiciency (sp) range of the turbo...while crusing to the runs last night my oil feedline decided to go fuck itself and I spewed oil everywhere and the car started smoking enough to where someone called the fire dept because they thought my car was on fire....lol 4 hours got it fixed and its back on the road and boost is down to 12psi which isn't bad....might be picking up some cam gears here soon there cheap so I can't pass them up...

Post Merge: 12:43:14 PM / 20-Feb-11
my dyno vid will post the pring out when Kendra scans it for me

ProlowtoneFeb 23, 2011, 1:26 am · #216

Sounds sweet! Max power 159 Max Torque 152.87

sideways_s12Feb 23, 2011, 9:36 am · #217

Its 157 but yeah I hve since upped the boost so I'm making more now for sure atleast 180

sideways_s12Feb 27, 2011, 3:05 pm · #218

welp the car is down again due to leaks got a nasty coolant leak along with an oil leak again I got a perm fix to the oil leak tho just got my fittings for the ss oil feed line so this will eliminate the prob permanetly and as soon as i fix that the coolant leak will be fixed perm as well then on to the fuel pump to get swapped finally oh and oil gauge will be fixed as well just waiting for one more piece to get here and i'll be set to do all this. Also ordered cam gears and they are also here. just need to upgrade the turbo add 1000cc injectors and tune it  and we will see some big numbers *hopefully*


Post Merge: 03:06:09 PM / 27-Feb-11
Also will be running e85 if you don't like it bite me this is not an e85 discussion thread and i will ask the mods to delete your post if you try to talk about it in my thread....Go elsewhere with that bs....
sam31183Feb 27, 2011, 3:39 pm · #219

awesome!

ProlowtoneFeb 27, 2011, 6:52 pm · #220

Damn. Sounds like your car is coming together to be pretty solid now. Good job!

sideways_s12Feb 27, 2011, 10:07 pm · #221

Well it will once I work out these gremlins

sideways_s12Mar 3, 2011, 8:29 pm · #222

Well I replaced the manifold (again) fixed the oil leak (again) but this time it will stay fixed ordered a ss oil feedline from frsport and yaaaay no more leaks wooot!

sideways_s12Apr 5, 2011, 2:31 pm · #223

Sorry there hasn't been much of an update been dealing with school and trying to find work once I do the build will be back on and big numbers will be had lol

sideways_s12Jun 23, 2011, 5:27 pm · #224

swapped back to the t25g lol for the time being once I get the money together I will putting on my 60 trim.....

sideways_s12Jun 30, 2011, 12:35 pm · #225

So far so good on the swapped t25g no leaks anywhere except an slight exhaust leak between the mani flange and turbo flange but other than that its all good runs pretty solid now prob gonna swap back to the canucks that aren't cut I got a lot of rubbing in the rear to the point where its damaging the tires also gotta figure out why my pass front tire is so worn I haven't had any fun in the car in awhile just daily driving so I don't understand the wear. Anyway probably gonna up the boost a lil. But don't know gonna fix the bumper soon as well so the car will look good again.

sam31183Jun 30, 2011, 1:45 pm · #226

sounds like your front alignment is off...i had the same problem after i swapped springs on the front of the notch cuz the toe was all wonky.

sideways_s12Jun 30, 2011, 5:35 pm · #227

This is just recently tho like the last couple of months fronts haven't been changed since I bought the car it has canucks up front. But I will get my ailignment checked when I get the money and new tires thinkin about just rotating them but iono.

sideways_s12Oct 6, 2011, 2:26 pm · #228

welp i think my rings are done awesome the shit just keeps piling up hahaha I hate life right now wasn't doing anything no beating on the car or anything but now she smokes like a fucking train could be the turbo but i doubt it it's waaaaaaaay to much smoke ofr it to be just the turbo....And now have no vehicle hahahaha this is great! I love it when shit goes wrong oh well time to start looking for a cheap daily till i can figure something out....YAY

ProlowtoneOct 6, 2011, 4:16 pm · #229

tried a compression test, sure its not the valve stem seals?

WonderingravenOct 6, 2011, 7:48 pm · #230

I believe the update is that it was his turbo after all.

ProlowtoneOct 6, 2011, 8:17 pm · #231

???? I believe you should reread

sideways_s12 on 02:26:37 PM / 06-Oct-11could be the turbo but i doubt it it's waaaaaaaay to much smoke ofr it to be just the turbo....
WonderingravenOct 6, 2011, 9:05 pm · #232

Not via post, this was a FB update =P

ProlowtoneOct 6, 2011, 9:20 pm · #233

I dont have his FB hahaha, but either way that sucks. Guess the turbo is easier to rebuild if its not rubbing

sideways_s12Oct 25, 2011, 9:01 pm · #234

yeah but I no longer have a rebuilder lol so i need a new turbo wanted to buy a new turbo unused turbo anyway....car still sits btw lol patiently waiting

sideways_s12Dec 12, 2011, 12:05 am · #235

Well said fuck it and decided to put the 60 trim on (this should be fun when i get paid i will get all the stuff needed for the install....

ProlowtoneDec 12, 2011, 1:19 am · #236

lol, I woulda traded my 50trim.... but the thing needs a rebuild because the oil seal blew and it ever so slightly rubbed (Not enough to feel a difference). Im going to take a stab at building one now since i got nothing to lose hahaha

sideways_s12Dec 13, 2011, 7:02 pm · #237

Lol yeah doesn't look to hard to rebuild a turbo I might try it one of these days....Tomorrow I will go out and swap injectors and prep for the 60 trim i'm gonna drop in the 450"s I have and plug the water lines since the 60 trim is oil cooled only. also gonna change my fpr because i think mine is bad. and I have a brand new one lol couldn't hurt anyway....

ProlowtoneDec 14, 2011, 12:36 am · #238

Sweet, I need to look into injectors for my 18DET swap :S thinking i might go for some RC Injectors or something

sideways_s12Dec 14, 2011, 5:40 am · #239

How big are you trying to go? 450's from a dsm work also 460's from the rx7 work as well.....


Post Merge: 05:40:59 AM / 14-Dec-11
I was going to use some 1000cc injectors from rc but I had to sell them because I needed the cash
ProlowtoneDec 14, 2011, 10:44 pm · #240

I would like to get some 550's or bigger.. the 550's will be good for 440hp max... Im wanting to go about 350hp or so... maybe more

sideways_s12Dec 15, 2011, 12:32 pm · #241

Get evo 550's then I just say buy some used ones because they will be cheaper than going to rc

ProlowtoneDec 15, 2011, 3:13 pm · #242

Sounds good, I'll have to keep my eyes open for some, thanks for the info

sideways_s12Dec 15, 2011, 7:15 pm · #243

Np man

I_heart_VVLDec 15, 2011, 8:53 pm · #244

RCs are hella expensive!
Deatschwerks 800cc injectors are only 329 ;)

http://www.deatschwerks.com/products/fuel-injectors/sport-compact/nissan/240sx/240sx-ca18det

sideways_s12Dec 15, 2011, 8:55 pm · #245

They are if you buy them from rc if you buy them used there cheap lol I paid 120 for my 1000cc that I had....


Post Merge: 07:29:35 PM / 16-Dec-11
Woot found a t25g last min lol so no 60 trim for now and I get to keep the 60 yay lol so next week the car will be back on the road....
ProlowtoneDec 17, 2011, 3:09 am · #246

Sweet, Good to hear you found one.

sideways_s12Dec 17, 2011, 10:28 am · #247

yeah I miss driving my car and this taking the bus bullshit is for the birds....

sideways_s12Dec 22, 2011, 11:42 pm · #248

hahahaha YES! its finally running and running pretty damn good I might add only issue I'm have ing is the car won't turn off when I take the key out of the ignition.....but im gonna start a different thread for that....

Jeremy ADec 22, 2011, 11:57 pm · #249

SWEET!  New turbo,  no other running problems?

sideways_s12Dec 23, 2011, 12:02 am · #250

used turbo lol and so far no....but i will be installing my 60 trim as soon as I can get the wiring done....