Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

CamInHeadNov 2, 2011, 4:58 pm · #1501

Fitted Z32 front calipers, rear e-brake cables and a few other odds and sods.

axlegreaseNov 2, 2011, 5:40 pm · #1502

installed a kaaz lsd into an r200 diff case  :sleezy: can't wait to put it in the s12!

ProlowtoneNov 2, 2011, 7:04 pm · #1503

^Sweet! what did that run you?

axlegreaseNov 2, 2011, 10:52 pm · #1504

when I bought it new it was around $1k, went on my s14 and now its going on the 12.

J woodsNov 3, 2011, 12:45 am · #1505

I took my turbo out to fix a exhaust leak between the manifold and turbo. nust loosened and to my surprise a piece of metal gasket was missing. Replaced gasket with original nissan multilayer gasket and found copper locking nuts along with new locking tabs. I just put this turbo in 4 months ago. I hope not to have to do this again. PITA

ProlowtoneNov 5, 2011, 2:53 am · #1506

Added new weather stripping :)

EightySix200SXNov 10, 2011, 10:54 pm · #1507

- Re-did my trunk and got all the finishers for it
- ammunition box for a tool chest/car aid kit
- removed subwoofer

ArroNov 11, 2011, 1:22 am · #1508

- unzipped pants
- lifted my right leg
- pissed on left rear celica wheel
- zipped pants closed again.

MaxpowNov 11, 2011, 10:51 am · #1509

Wondered which junkyard she's gonna be in.

Colonel GustardNov 11, 2011, 11:08 am · #1510
Maxpow on 10:51:01 AM / 11-Nov-11Wondered which junkyard she's gonna be in.
:(
ArroNov 11, 2011, 12:36 pm · #1511

It was punished by a bad business deal but I'm working on the car today. It's not going to a hard anytime soon.

silvertonNov 11, 2011, 8:10 pm · #1512

M30 Blinkers:

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/301299_317097694973259_100000190938619_1524778_568598971_n.jpg)

WonderingravenNov 12, 2011, 11:48 pm · #1513

Well, I got tired of the sluggish at the starting line idle, and decided to work on more of the issue.
Started by inspecting the IAC valve, and found a broken wire. I also had another IAC valve. I cleaned up the one I found in my box of stuff, and re soldered the IAC wires back together. Noticed the screw was also able to be adjusted While the other one barely can move. It's like omg it idles better now that I can actually adjust the screw, and starts up faster and better, and idles better at the stop light.

(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/iac-broke.jpg)
Here is the broken wire.

Ontop of that, my Hatch Locking or Latch w/e it's called the screws broke, and it's impossible to replace the screws because it's like apart of the latch. So I decided to JB Welded it back on. Will take pics in the morning.

drummingpariahNov 16, 2011, 11:45 am · #1514

Registered it.

sam31183Nov 16, 2011, 2:27 pm · #1515

found out my muffler barely clears the sidewalk at work...
(http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/386994_10150935505905387_695415386_21716981_740764529_n.jpg)

iceagegNov 16, 2011, 3:08 pm · #1516

Sam

Is that the station at Pacific and Snyder or down where 101 bends in at Seaview?

MaxpowNov 16, 2011, 3:23 pm · #1517

Sold more parts off dem s12's.

Gomesf1Nov 16, 2011, 3:42 pm · #1518

(http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Ciscogomesf1/IMG_20111116_151719.jpg)

sanded ma wheels


Post Merge: 03:43:10 PM / 16-Nov-11
(http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Ciscogomesf1/IMG_20111116_151736.jpg)
sam31183Nov 16, 2011, 4:05 pm · #1519
iceageg on 03:08:35 PM / 16-Nov-11Sam

Is that the station at Pacific and Snyder or down where 101 bends in at Seaview?

Texaco down the street from the shell after 101 enters seaview, the 76 down at Snyder and pacific has been closed for like 10 years or more. I am a slave at the Texaco.
Hemifan87Nov 16, 2011, 5:05 pm · #1520

Cleaned it up and ripped the factory radio out I think its bad I can only get AM stations :( now I gotta find a dash kit and wiring to install the aftermarket radio I have.

iceagegNov 16, 2011, 6:14 pm · #1521

Sam

Shows how often i make it back to LB these days.  I used to pump gas at the station on 14th and Pacific.  Now the pumps are gone and its just a maintenance shop.

newby200sxNov 16, 2011, 7:28 pm · #1522

Put my coupe up for the winter, hoping my income taxes are good so i can buy her a good rear end. thinking of buying my old hatch back

SchizophrenicMCNov 16, 2011, 8:06 pm · #1523

Entertained some offers for Newby's old hatch, none of them were really anywhere near where I wanted them to be.

EightySix200SXNov 16, 2011, 11:49 pm · #1524

Last night- Tried leaving my booty calls house in silence at 4am.... scrapped frame on her driveway, three wheeled and got stuck... had to push car off driveway lmao.

sam31183Nov 17, 2011, 1:13 am · #1525
iceageg on 06:14:19 PM / 16-Nov-11Sam

Shows how often i make it back to LB these days.  I used to pump gas at the station on 14th and Pacific.  Now the pumps are gone and its just a maintenance shop.

That 76 is totally closed now also. Ferrel gas parks their trucks in front of that station.

here you go...lol
(http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs506.ash1/29916_389876769229_329189179229_4183412_1267911_n.jpg)
spiderwebfxNov 17, 2011, 2:50 am · #1526

On Sunday, cut the old H190 into many pieces to steal the brackets off them.  Welded those to a 2wd hilux diff and put it back in.  Now has 5 stud rear and disk brakes.

I_heart_VVLNov 17, 2011, 11:10 am · #1527
spiderwebfx on 02:50:21 AM / 17-Nov-11On Sunday, cut the old H190 into many pieces to steal the brackets off them.  Welded those to a 2wd hilux diff and put it back in.  Now has 5 stud rear and disk brakes.
pics or it didnt happen :grinwink:
Jeremy ANov 17, 2011, 7:09 pm · #1528

(http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/jersadras/My%20S12/IMG_1284.jpg)
(http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/jersadras/My%20S12/IMG_1287.jpg)
(http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/jersadras/My%20S12/IMG_1294.jpg)

sideways_s12Nov 17, 2011, 7:42 pm · #1529

Blah stared at mine waiting to get paid so i can replace the turbo lol yet again....thinking about have it rebuilt again and dropping the 60 trim I have in there iono anymore it's been awhile since I've played with it....

night_s12Nov 17, 2011, 9:59 pm · #1530

Since i dont have a garage, talked to my man chaves about doing some work on the whore. Said i can do payments on the labor. So by mid december she'll be running. Gotta think of a name for her still.

Shark808Nov 18, 2011, 3:55 am · #1531
night_s12 on 09:59:47 PM / 17-Nov-11Since i dont have a garage, talked to my man chaves about doing some work on the whore. Said i can do payments on the labor. So by mid december she'll be running. Gotta think of a name for her still.

shes called strawberry and everybody know
strawberry strawberry iz tha neighborhood ho

MaxpowNov 18, 2011, 11:20 am · #1532

Shark's back. How neato.

iceagegNov 18, 2011, 11:35 am · #1533

Was thinking the same thing.

spiderwebfxNov 18, 2011, 12:43 pm · #1534
I_heart_VVL on 11:10:13 AM / 17-Nov-11pics or it didnt happen :grinwink:

Every keeps saying pics or it didn't happen... Although, I think our Hilux's in NZ might be different to yours. 

But here:
4.8 Torsion LSD I know it's wrong ratio, but that will be changing soon enough.
(http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w157/spiderwebfx/S12/new5.jpg)
(http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w157/spiderwebfx/S12/new4.jpg)

Some fabricating
(http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w157/spiderwebfx/S12/fabricating5.jpg)(http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w157/spiderwebfx/S12/fabricating2.jpg)

How it fits
(http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w157/spiderwebfx/S12/new6.jpg)

New rotors
(http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w157/spiderwebfx/S12/new2.jpg)

Trial lift with a wheel of my S14.
(http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w157/spiderwebfx/S12/P1000201.jpg)

Still have to fit adjustable spring perchs and get an adjustable 4-link setup but then it's all go.
Shark808Nov 18, 2011, 1:00 pm · #1535
Maxpow on 11:20:46 AM / 18-Nov-11Shark's back. How neato.

iceageg on 11:35:15 AM / 18-Nov-11Was thinking the same thing.

Thanks!  I couldn't think of a nicer place to surface.  I've always been with you braddahs, just didn't login.  APEC 2011 Hawaii = Shark Repellent.  No more clueless unfriendlies scouring the island.  Hawaii is back to "normal."

Additions to S12 are ignition switch, idler bearing and belts, KYB gas-adj, BFG G-Force and fucking wiper pivot.  Now suspension is road worthy and brakes are fine.  Next is the trans.  Not cheap to rebuild ($2k). 
nismo200sx16Nov 18, 2011, 4:31 pm · #1536

checked the oil and coolant levels and took the car out for some highway runs. still afraid to go for long in 5th gear. speedo is maxed out just as I go in to 5th. it seams like 5th is a big over drive on the s13 sr trans.

I_heart_VVLNov 18, 2011, 4:50 pm · #1537
spiderwebfx on 12:43:00 PM / 18-Nov-11Every keeps saying pics or it didn't happen... Although, I think our Hilux's in NZ might be different to yours. 

But here:
4.8 Torsion LSD I know it's wrong ratio, but that will be changing soon enough.
(http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w157/spiderwebfx/S12/new5.jpg)
(http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w157/spiderwebfx/S12/new4.jpg)

Some fabricating
(http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w157/spiderwebfx/S12/fabricating5.jpg)(http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w157/spiderwebfx/S12/fabricating2.jpg)

How it fits
(http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w157/spiderwebfx/S12/new6.jpg)

New rotors
(http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w157/spiderwebfx/S12/new2.jpg)

Trial lift with a wheel of my S14.
(http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w157/spiderwebfx/S12/P1000201.jpg)

Still have to fit adjustable spring perchs and get an adjustable 4-link setup but then it's all go.

nice! about how much wider is the hilux rear end compared to the s12 axle?
Gomesf1Nov 18, 2011, 5:33 pm · #1538

WASH THAT FILTY SLUT........

(http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Ciscogomesf1/IMG_20111118_172132.jpg)

Jeremy ANov 18, 2011, 11:56 pm · #1539
Shark808 on 01:00:53 PM / 18-Nov-11Additions to S12 are ignition switch, idler bearing and belts, KYB gas-adj, BFG G-Force and fucking wiper pivot.  Now suspension is road worthy and brakes are fine.  Next is the trans.  Not cheap to rebuild ($2k). 

BFG G-Force!  My friend has a set of those on his Focus Svt and freaking loves them,  how are they on your S12?
spiderwebfxNov 19, 2011, 12:56 am · #1540
I_heart_VVL on 04:50:05 PM / 18-Nov-11nice! about how much wider is the hilux rear end compared to the s12 axle?

Honestly, when we measure them, flange to flange there was about a 10mm overall difference.  So it is f*ck all.  Couldn't believe my luck when it came up for sale.
Shark808Nov 19, 2011, 12:59 am · #1541
Jeremy A on 11:56:11 PM / 18-Nov-11BFG G-Force!  My friend has a set of those on his Focus Svt and freaking loves them,  how are they on your S12?

Still breaking them in.  I also heard good things about the BFG g-Force, so thought I'd give 'em a chance.  They were my 2nd choice.  I prefer Bridgestone RE92's but the price difference ($78 vs. $112) made me reconsider.  I found a place in Cerritos, CA which had BFG g-Force for $62, but their shipping (same carrier) was double!  TireRack monopoly.

spiderwebfxNov 19, 2011, 1:27 am · #1542
Shark808 on 12:59:34 AM / 19-Nov-11Still breaking them in.  I also heard good things about the BFG g-Force, so thought I'd give 'em a chance.  They were my 2nd choice.  I prefer Bridgestone RE92's but the price difference ($78 vs. $112) made me reconsider.  I found a place in Cerritos, CA which had BFG g-Force for $62, but their shipping (same carrier) was double!  TireRack monopoly.

Out of curiosity, what size do you run, what sort of guarantee do they have and how many km's do you think they'll do?
Shark808Nov 19, 2011, 2:47 am · #1543
spiderwebfx on 01:27:36 AM / 19-Nov-11Out of curiosity, what size do you run, what sort of guarantee do they have and how many km's do you think they'll do?

I'm a purist (205/60/15).  Never needed guarantee work so far (knock on wood).  The g-Force are sticky and I drive separated from the pack - staying away from other drivers is safer, so mileage may be effect by driving habits.  Kinda like gas mileage, although I gotta say this VG30E guzzles gas!  More so than my S54 Z3 M Coupe did or 135i.
spiderwebfxNov 19, 2011, 4:43 pm · #1544

Ahh I see.  The only reason I ask about mileage is that I've seen a lot of American tyres with guaranteed 40,000miles or more.

In New Zealand we're lucky if our tyres last 40,000km's (25,000miles) because of the shit quality roads they keep building.

Shark808Nov 20, 2011, 5:40 am · #1545

Seems every used car I buy needs new tires.  With driving average 6k miles annually and changing cars about every 2 years I never get to see...  New car worst I ever did was 13k miles with my '84 Mustang SVO on Goodyear Gatorbacks.  When replacing them with BFG Comp T/A's, I had to get a Firestone along with BFG credit card - $900 was a lot of $$ back then for 16" tires!

Hemifan87Nov 20, 2011, 10:19 am · #1546

so my radio was only getting AM stations well I narrowed it down to the radio being bad so I went out to a car audio shop to get the wiring and the dash kit dug around the shed found my jensen radio iv had laying around and put it in today, and...     it all works perfect cd player AM and FM all work :D Heres a pic,

 (http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h354/hemifan87/Mobile%20Uploads/PART_1321737285601.jpg).

note: crappy tape deck under it does not work and will be removed when I find a new dash storage compartment.

seishukuNov 20, 2011, 10:55 am · #1547
nismo200sx16 on 04:31:55 PM / 18-Nov-11checked the oil and coolant levels and took the car out for some highway runs. still afraid to go for long in 5th gear. speedo is maxed out just as I go in to 5th. it seams like 5th is a big over drive on the s13 sr trans.
Stock speedo gets really inaccurate as you get much past 90... But theoretical max speed should be around 165MPH, assuming 4.11:1 rear, 24.7" tall tires, and 7000RPM.

The S13 trans does have a taller 5th than the S12's.
EightySix200SXNov 22, 2011, 1:26 am · #1548

notch+girl+lingereish attire+camera= well u get teh picture.

vegasS12Nov 22, 2011, 10:31 am · #1549
EightySix200SX on 01:26:53 AM / 22-Nov-11notch+girl+lingereish attire+camera= well u get teh picture.

PROOF? haha
night_s12Nov 22, 2011, 1:09 pm · #1550

+1 ^^ i agree proof lol