Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

sam31183Dec 16, 2011, 12:23 am · #1651

drove it to work...i kind of cant wait until i can get me a pathfinder next month with my tax return...going to make the notch more race car somehow after i get a pathy for a daily i think. Oh...I did drive a girl home after she spent the night before I went to work....;)

ProlowtoneDec 16, 2011, 4:36 am · #1652

Helped a friend inspect and buy a car, Came home, pulled the s12 out of the garage and into the rain :( to plop a 90 SI Civic on 4 jack stands and give her a good inspection. Flushed the brake system and cleaned a lot of chocolaty slime out of the master. Started heavily cleaning the interior, Made a new recliner cable on the drivers seat out of one of my spare brake cables for my bike and a home made crimp... pealed off shitty barely attached stock tint, rotated tires, flushed coolant, oil change, exhaust to header gasket (Stupid spring loaded bolts).

Tomorrow involves new brake lights, reverse lights, temporary patching off 1 very small hole a medium hole and a large hole, welding an exhaust leak, steam cleaning, scrubbing, and maybe new shifter bushings.... then its good for winter

The things i help do for friends :D

ProlowtoneDec 18, 2011, 6:58 am · #1653

Found out my Ca20's head is nearing Shit Fuctedness

MaxpowDec 18, 2011, 11:40 am · #1654
EightySix200SX on 10:38:28 PM / 15-Dec-11<insert crazy driving story here>

Before you flame (like I give a shit)


I need to start using disclaimers like this.
sam31183Dec 18, 2011, 1:48 pm · #1655
Maxpow on 11:40:39 AM / 18-Dec-11I need to start using disclaimers like this.

/\ I know you well enough to know you dgaf by now.
WonderingravenDec 18, 2011, 6:34 pm · #1656

Installed these today
(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/shocks-springs.jpg)

(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/bad-shocks.jpg)
Defiantly bad shocks ^^

(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/rear-springs%20.jpg)
I've never seen these separators on the rear springs before.

(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/lowered-car.jpg)
All done.

night_s12Dec 18, 2011, 6:49 pm · #1657

They were probably sagging alot so they were put there to lift it back up. There part of a lift/lowering kit

turbo-s12Dec 18, 2011, 10:43 pm · #1658

Put on some cunucks springs pretty disapointed can barely see a differance

WonderingravenDec 18, 2011, 10:44 pm · #1659

I did put on some CM springs.
I'll edit post to show what i've installed.

ProlowtoneDec 19, 2011, 12:38 am · #1660
turbo-s12 on 10:43:26 PM / 18-Dec-11Put on some cunucks springs pretty disapointed can barely see a differance

They made an absolutely huge difference on my cars handling :S My springs were pretty bad tho
sam31183Dec 19, 2011, 12:47 am · #1661
turbo-s12 on 10:43:26 PM / 18-Dec-11Put on some cunucks springs pretty disapointed can barely see a differance

Did you replace your shocks also?
turbo-s12Dec 19, 2011, 12:53 am · #1662

no i didnt change the shocks but they were replaced by the previous owner....i guess i thought they would be a lil stiffer and a lil lower

ProlowtoneDec 19, 2011, 3:08 am · #1663

Made an account on a parts site and made a cart full of parts

sam31183Dec 19, 2011, 1:28 pm · #1664
turbo-s12 on 12:53:52 AM / 19-Dec-11no i didnt change the shocks but they were replaced by the previous owner....i guess i thought they would be a lil stiffer and a lil lower

what kind of shocks are they? I have read that stock shocks will blow out quickly, which is why you should use the kyb agx shock set up. If you go to my frankenshock thread you will see the difference i got using the shocks and the springs...it was better, but nothing like the coil over setup...
I_heart_VVLDec 20, 2011, 7:52 pm · #1665
EightySix200SX on 10:38:28 PM / 15-Dec-113am street drifting in Downtown L.A winning!

Before you flame (like I give a shit) NO ONE/ NO CARS WERE EVEN around for the three hours i was dicking around. If you live in L.A u know what DTLA looks like from 10pm to sunrise in any district lol..... And I also had my police scanner so no fuzz.... however there were three 187s and a few 211s so that kept them busy.....


Oh how I miss socal.. hahahah
sideways_s12Dec 22, 2011, 11:51 pm · #1666

I drove her today and took her for a long awaited bath she's semi clean now. When kendras car is finished gonna take mine to the shop and have the wiring done. also when I get some time gonna finishe the bumper and install it so my car can be sexy again....


Post Merge: 11:52:34 PM / 22-Dec-11
oh forgot to mention gonna order my rear spring set up as well so she will stop rubbing going to be similar to iggy's set up in the rear then just need to figure out what im going to do about the front....
Sean_howell1Dec 23, 2011, 10:11 am · #1667

Battery terminal :(
(http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g404/sean_howell1/IMG_20111222_173736.jpg)

sideways_s12Dec 23, 2011, 10:17 am · #1668

nice!

heithDec 28, 2011, 6:45 am · #1669

installed my and  safc and avc-r. they both read way lower rpm so i will have in investigate but am happy with it for now. tomorrow i attempt to install my bride seats

ProlowtoneDec 28, 2011, 7:29 pm · #1670

Did you find a coolant pipe or drop in an sr??

Jeremy ADec 28, 2011, 7:50 pm · #1671
heith on 06:45:32 AM / 28-Dec-11tomorrow i attempt to install my bride seats

Please let us know how that goes man!   :nerdystraight:

 
I had to drive my 15 year old brother and his girlfriend home in my S12 tonight. Pffff,  Anybody else have to "Chauffeur" ever?
night_s12Dec 28, 2011, 8:35 pm · #1672

I would hah

sideways_s12Dec 29, 2011, 11:09 am · #1673

prob gonna finish cutting my bumper tomorrow so I can install it back on the car i'm tired of rolling with no bumper on she just doesn't look as sexy...

SchizophrenicMCDec 29, 2011, 5:44 pm · #1674

Yesterday, I sold her engine, today, I bought a Pathfinder to replace her, and got bitched at about the fact that it's in the driveway, still.

sideways_s12Dec 30, 2011, 12:45 am · #1675

boooooo

ProlowtoneDec 30, 2011, 1:22 am · #1676

Drove her around and purchased 4 times the cars price in parts (I would hate to think of the money in it if i included everything else awaiting a trans plant)

sideways_s12Dec 30, 2011, 4:06 pm · #1677

fixed the clutch master cylinder...

Colonel GustardDec 30, 2011, 6:12 pm · #1678

Did a burnout like a boss

sam31183Dec 30, 2011, 9:14 pm · #1679

i am actually going to buy a pathfinder with my tax return money....:p. Two nights ago i went to go pick up the girl after work and i got bored since it was late out and i took the notch up to 100 for the first time. The suspension felt really good at speed...it even took a bump really well at like 70+. I drove it around a bit tonight and yesterday...i am on day 2 of 4 days off and i dont feel like doing jack shit...

ProlowtoneDec 31, 2011, 2:10 am · #1680

Cleaning the new heart

SchizophrenicMCDec 31, 2011, 11:12 am · #1681
sam31183 on 09:14:29 PM / 30-Dec-11i am actually going to buy a pathfinder with my tax return money....:p.
Dude, the WD21 is incredible. I threw it at the shit pushed to the sides of where they're extending this one road, and bone stock, it didn't give a damn about the mud or several 2-foot drops and raises. And mine's 21 years old lol Matt Smith's GMC would have thought twice, I guarantee it xD Just don't get the R50 or later, they suck. (In a related vein, Xterras are WD22, WD23, and WD24 0_o)

I stole the S12's radio harness to swap the Pathy's radio. Thinking of cannibalizing her speakers, too. May as well make some use of her right?
Sean_howell1Dec 31, 2011, 12:48 pm · #1682

popped a battery cell doing a burnout

Hemifan87Dec 31, 2011, 7:58 pm · #1683

I washed it today and painted the wheels last week

Slip n SlideJan 6, 2012, 4:42 pm · #1684

Welded my seat bracket back together. :D

SchizophrenicMCJan 6, 2012, 5:12 pm · #1685

Looked at how sexy it was as I pulled into my driveway. Remembered why I fell in love with S12s in the first place. I'm gonna miss her.

sideways_s12Jan 6, 2012, 7:31 pm · #1686

finished cutting my bumper the other day....

ProlowtoneJan 7, 2012, 12:27 am · #1687

Drove around for hours. avoided getting hit by the same person 2 times, Avoided 3 other vehicles came home and called it a fucking night :S

sideways_s12Jan 7, 2012, 12:28 am · #1688

Curbed the fuck out of my rear pass rear last night so pissed about that....

JayJan 7, 2012, 5:15 am · #1689

Put it on stock wheels!

THE HORROR!!!

ProlowtoneJan 7, 2012, 7:20 am · #1690

LOL I still got my stock rims for fun fun time :D but i hate them

I_heart_VVLJan 7, 2012, 7:22 pm · #1691

drove her home :)

She was missing the a bitch tho, needs timing to be checked ASAP. And rego, and insurance.

sideways_s12Jan 7, 2012, 7:24 pm · #1692
Jay on 05:15:29 AM / 07-Jan-12Put it on stock wheels!

THE HORROR!!!

Looks ugly on stock wheels tho...

Post Merge: 06:27:03 PM / 07-Jan-12
Prolowtone on 07:20:03 AM / 07-Jan-12LOL I still got my stock rims for fun fun time :D but i hate them

Lol I was'nt trying to have fun I was driving home and hit an unexpected patch of water....vegas sprinklers + water + welded diff + unaware = curb check with rim UGH!
JuddezJan 7, 2012, 7:41 pm · #1693

I pulled the CA20E's loom out and am currently editing some pictures to post so that I can get a bit of help with wiring the CA18DET loom into the cars electrics


Post Merge: 07:42:07 PM / 07-Jan-12
Oh, and I have also started taking the springs out to replace with the set of king springs I just came into ownership of
Phisherman09Jan 7, 2012, 7:43 pm · #1694

(http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d162/Phisherman09/382604_2269102021001_1652124502_31684094_1623358811_n.jpg)

:O

JayJan 7, 2012, 7:57 pm · #1695
sideways_s12 on 07:24:32 PM / 07-Jan-12Looks ugly on stock wheels tho...
I actually was not commenting on you, I was merely stating what I did on mine.
I got sick of pumping up the tires on the meshies. She's on stock hexagons for now.

Juxtaposition FTW!
ProlowtoneJan 7, 2012, 8:40 pm · #1696
sideways_s12 on 07:24:32 PM / 07-Jan-12Lol I was'nt trying to have fun I was driving home and hit an unexpected patch of water....vegas sprinklers + water + welded diff + unaware = curb check with rim UGH!
Ouch :( at least its just the rim...

Drove around, Bought forza 4 after trying it a friends house, Now to borrow moms boyfriends 360 (Might buy one after my engine swap is complete)
rollingstockJan 7, 2012, 8:47 pm · #1697

drove around for hrs getting parts for my coilover swap

started the swap..

sideways_s12Jan 7, 2012, 10:57 pm · #1698
Jay on 07:57:12 PM / 07-Jan-12I actually was not commenting on you, I was merely stating what I did on mine.
I got sick of pumping up the tires on the meshies. She's on stock hexagons for now.

Juxtaposition FTW!

Lol ok

Prolowtone on 08:40:39 PM / 07-Jan-12Ouch :( at least its just the rim...

Drove around, Bought forza 4 after trying it a friends house, Now to borrow moms boyfriends 360 (Might buy one after my engine swap is complete)


Yeah but this was my first set off nice rims and now their fucked up well atleast one is it's not bent or anything but up close its not pretty anymore.....
1984 s-12Jan 8, 2012, 11:51 am · #1699

Installed new rear rotors and brakes.

night_s12Jan 8, 2012, 12:33 pm · #1700

Waved at her as i passed the shop she sits at while going to work