Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Project: Fairlady Silvia - 1987 200sx SEv6...

Started by Wonderingraven · Jun 1, 2011 · 909postsSMF 2010–26

BattleFairyJan 1, 2013, 3:03 pm · #151
Wonderingraven on 01:02:14 AM / 01-Jan-13Oh I will, right now I hit up the guy who made the z31 I guess he made a FS thread on the ratsun forums.

in the mean time for the saudi dizzy replacement I can use the stock efi dizzy just.


you make things far too complicated
1)http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-VG30-VG33-Intake-Manifold-Holley-Two-Barrel-Carburetor-Datsun-510-/181051433950?pt=Race_Car_Parts&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a2781a3de
2)http://www.autosportlabs.net/Main_Page

done...........i already have a full plan howto do this and its simpel, even if it means I have to Import everything.
Post Merge
BattleFairy on 03:03:37 PM / 01-Jan-13you make things far too complicated
1) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-VG30-VG33-Intake-Manifold-Holley-Two-Barrel-Carburetor-Datsun-510-/181051433950?pt=Race_Car_Parts&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a2781a3de
2) http://www.autosportlabs.net/Main_Page

done...........i already have a full plan howto do this and its simpel, even if it means I have to Import everything.
WonderingravenJan 1, 2013, 3:35 pm · #152

I guess so, that is simple there.

Jeremy AJan 1, 2013, 4:54 pm · #153

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-VG30-VG33-Intake-Manifold-Holley-Two-Barrel-Carburetor-Datsun-510-/181051433950?pt=Race_Car_Parts&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a2781a3de

Goddamn,  this would be so sick.

WonderingravenJan 1, 2013, 5:04 pm · #154

Yes sir.

s12richJan 2, 2013, 12:24 am · #155

this is cool ...i wanna do this to my next s12

WonderingravenJan 2, 2013, 12:29 am · #156

Yeah, it is or seems like it will be. I might have to put it on hold just to make a special trip to sedona arizona.

s12richJan 2, 2013, 6:53 pm · #157

^ wat u think of putting that kind or monster in???

WonderingravenJan 2, 2013, 8:49 pm · #158

Delete the fuel injection and make this VG30 simple with carb to be done with the crazy vacuum leaks and misc crap that could cause the vg to fail.

But right now a friend of mine passed away new years eve, might have to make a run to sedona to his memorial.

s12richJan 2, 2013, 10:27 pm · #159

sry to hear that

WonderingravenJan 5, 2013, 11:07 pm · #160

(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/steering-rack-2.jpg)

Steering rack replaced.

Used Moog Replacement outer tie rods for the s12. s13 swap project is under going a time still.

WonderingravenJan 9, 2013, 11:32 pm · #161

Since today is payday, I ordered 2 for now Federal RS-R 595 205/50/16 these are about to replace the 2 blown up falkens I have and going back up front.
I will order 2 to replace the Potenza's that I have near bald.

I also ordered some poly mounts.

1x  Steering Rack Mount from MMR Direct
1x Differential Mount from MMR Direct

http://www.mmr-direct.com/

Back to broke status till next week when i get a full pay check.

Mr.510Jan 10, 2013, 11:30 pm · #162

Hahaha! Carbureted VGs FTW! (I'm not biased or anything, lol) The Holley 350 works really well and makes more power than any stock VG injection. Don't get a 500cfm carb! You'll hate it as it's just too big to run right on a motor this size.

burritomannnJan 12, 2013, 12:10 am · #163

Sorry about your friend..

On a happy note: Bad... Ass... go for it dude! I want to learn about carbs now and do a build like this one day   :yes:

WonderingravenJan 12, 2013, 1:01 am · #164

It's ok going next week on the services for his memorial

But carb'd vg30 is coming. I need to finish my coilover project first, then proceed.

burritomannnJan 12, 2013, 3:02 am · #165

My condolences to your late friend.

Excited about that coming! LV is going hard in with s12's

sideways_s12Jan 13, 2013, 12:24 am · #166

Hell yeah we are!

Jeremy AJan 13, 2013, 9:15 pm · #167
burritomannn on 03:02:03 AM / 12-Jan-13LV is going hard in with s12's

So hard.

My body is ready.
sideways_s12Jan 13, 2013, 9:41 pm · #168

lol

WonderingravenJan 13, 2013, 9:44 pm · #169

I need body work done, lol.

Jeremy AJan 13, 2013, 9:46 pm · #170

I meant my human body dude, C'mon now.

sideways_s12Jan 13, 2013, 9:47 pm · #171

lmao!

WonderingravenJan 13, 2013, 10:00 pm · #172

Yeah, I meant my body too. I have this huge scar on my belly that needs vanishing...  as it reminds me daily of my battle with cancer!

sideways_s12Jan 13, 2013, 10:05 pm · #173

you had cancer? shit never would of know glad you made it through

WonderingravenJan 13, 2013, 10:09 pm · #174
sideways_s12 on 10:05:39 PM / 13-Jan-13you had cancer? shit never would of know glad you made it through

Yes sir, 10 years this month to be exact I was getting the speech how of having 6 months to live and how I want to live out my last 6 months.

I had non-hodgkins lyphnoma b-cell high grade that spread to all my major internal organs.
sideways_s12Jan 13, 2013, 10:13 pm · #175

damn son! well congrats for real that had to be tough to live through...

Jeremy AJan 13, 2013, 10:31 pm · #176
Wonderingraven on 10:00:13 PM / 13-Jan-13Yeah, I meant my body too. I have this huge scar on my belly that needs vanishing...  as it reminds me daily of my battle with cancer!

Right on man, right on.
burritomannnJan 14, 2013, 2:19 am · #177

Glad you're still with us man! Embrace love   :yes:

WonderingravenFeb 5, 2013, 6:12 pm · #178

I have decided to put the canucks back on the rear, and remove the eibachs for now. I did not like how it was reacting when I would take it sideways, it seems to do alot of grip in the rear then I expected. ( as I am still learning the dynamics with suspension) regardless of how the canucks on the rear it does seem to allow me to slide easier in the rear even though I squat some.

I am still waiting for my diff mount to arrive to install and stabilize my diff. I also have a weird clunk / rub sound up front that I am still trying to find as I don't see anything rubbing but I can also feel the vibration that it is also causing and it feels like it's going to fall apart.

WonderingravenFeb 9, 2013, 11:42 pm · #179

This is a good reminder to always read the manual as results I did not, as I have assumed here.
(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/812764_536509889722501_527143274_o.jpg)
This has cost me a new wheel bearing.

turbo-s12Feb 10, 2013, 12:20 am · #180

What did you do?

WonderingravenFeb 10, 2013, 12:36 am · #181

I didn't follow the books how to install the wheel bearing as I assume just tighten and go. So instead of doing the book said with 18 to 22 foot pounds of torque turn a few times apply again then loosen just by 60 degree. It ended up undoing itself causing a major wheel problems (rubbing noises, turning issues etc..)  when I removed it the only thing holding the nut + bearing was the cotter pin.

So applied  what the book has said and now she works just fine. Turning is tight now, no more rubbing noises. No more any type of grinding feeling anymore.

turbo-s12Feb 10, 2013, 2:50 am · #182

I always just snugged it up tight enough to move freely without binding none of the fancy stuff lol...

sideways_s12Feb 10, 2013, 10:26 pm · #183

Shitty

WonderingravenFeb 17, 2013, 2:14 pm · #184

Changed out the rear diff mount and had to shave down atleast 1/4 of an inch from the one I ordered from mmr, either these mounts are designed for a certain year or they where meant to be shaved down? the opening was 3inch, this had like 3.1. To get it in I shaved it down to 3in. but would of been easier if I kept going to like 2.9inch or something.

Here is a few before and after pics.
(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/76073_539853106054846_91964424_n.jpg)
Completely shredded.

(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/857502_539853112721512_1655257229_o.jpg)
Installed and after shaving it down some.

It was not pretty as I had no way to get the proper tools to shave it down at the time so I spent hours with a file & and dremel with reinforced metal ends.

Clank when hitting a bump is still there. Sound is coming from the shock itself, used to be really bad with the Canuck Springs back on, now I put the Eibach's back on and less noise but it's still there.  But it really does feel like the rear end is handling much better now.

WonderingravenFeb 23, 2013, 11:06 pm · #185

I went to go drift at vd25 instead when I showed up my car lost all break pressure.

Here is why,
(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/861404_543280295712127_1519609833_o.jpg)

No clue what happened, all I know the day before my car jammed to the left and locked up car hasn't really worked right sense. I figured I'd check it out at the day of the event thinking it might just be another bearing. But...

(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/857505_543280292378794_2003696269_o.jpg)

As she sat all day as I struggled with friends to get this resolved. I went to a pick a part and jacked a whole spindle from an 87 turbo z31..... turns out the bracket that holds the spindle tube the bolt holes do not mount up. I have to relocate the calipers but they are the same calipers as a s12, the tube looks just the same, they are the same length they also have the same mounts that fit in the front.

My only question is if I get the ball joint mount to the lower control arm will it fit on the s12? if not then I am stuck till I can get an se spindle or my income tax comes and I can get the rest of my s13 upgrade.

sideways_s12Feb 23, 2013, 11:30 pm · #186

Shitty  so did you even get to run?

WonderingravenFeb 23, 2013, 11:31 pm · #187

nope not at all =( broke down as I got there. I was able to limp it home now I am stuck with out a daily till I figure out how to get this z31 spindle to work.

sideways_s12Feb 23, 2013, 11:34 pm · #188

damn that fuckin sux ...

sideways_s12Feb 24, 2013, 12:21 am · #189

hahaha nice yeah I want to break in my new tires I bought and installed them a year ago then shortly after the motor took a shit on me and it just sits in the garage till its done hopefully I'll be done by the end of march....

WonderingravenMar 1, 2013, 9:10 pm · #190

There we go, thanks to Gus. I got my new strut tube well it's not new.

But it will work for now, just need to cut this one and the old one and make 1 solid one for now.
(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/859984_545955172111306_682826847_o.jpg)

Here is the reason why you cannot use Z31 strut tubes,

Left is the SE strut tube and the right is the Z31 strut tube.
(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/856686_545955165444640_1779890387_o.jpg)

But on the good side the rotors that came with it are more solid the the other one stuck to the current broken se. Just a little bit of rust covered. but the measurements are the exact same.

sideways_s12Mar 2, 2013, 9:35 pm · #191

what and where is twisted motion...

WonderingravenMar 2, 2013, 9:45 pm · #192

Arville and Reno. Traverse and Mark Pajack started a shop. They have some used drift spares they seem to hook me up with on a cheap price.

http://www.twistedmotionlv.com/

They seem to be really cool peeps they seem to help me out alot and they are super vegas drift supporters as well.

sideways_s12Mar 2, 2013, 9:49 pm · #193

I might have to check them out for suspension parts as well....

WonderingravenMar 2, 2013, 9:51 pm · #194

Yeah they get stuff in all the time. I got most of my s13 swap parts from them except the knuckles and icha's i got them from nick with vegas drift.

WonderingravenMar 2, 2013, 9:58 pm · #195

I will be going there tomorrow and wednesday most likely.

sideways_s12Mar 3, 2013, 1:02 am · #196

Tomorrow i work all day and weds ill be going to the yard

WonderingravenMar 6, 2013, 11:57 pm · #197

S13 coilover project done.

(https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/882199_548883825151774_1109747880_o.jpg)

This is how she looks right now.

IggyEGuanaMar 7, 2013, 12:18 pm · #198

looks great

WonderingravenMar 30, 2013, 8:10 pm · #199

(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/903776_559091820797641_1444307180_o.jpg)

Team S12 ripping it up today at VD26 / Vegas Pro-Am Round 2 2013... Vengeance is mine this round! had an epic day as I actually went threw 3 sets of tires and extra set of tires I picked up from pick a part at lunch time, scored some 15s maxima's that bolted right up. for $50 with decent tread.

IggyEGuanaMar 30, 2013, 9:36 pm · #200

fuck ya!!!